• Published 11th Jan 2024
  • 666 Views, 28 Comments

G5 Adventures in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run - ponydog127



Our heroes journey back to Bikini Bottom, where they must join with SpongeBob, Patrick and all their friends, old and new, to rescue Gary from King Poseidon and Allura, who is using the king to find the star she desperately desires.

  • ...
7
 28
 666

Two Rounds of Underwater Battle

The Mane 6 and all their underwater friends couldn’t believe their luck… their song, dance and moving speeches actually helped them escape!

But, they knew that it wouldn’t be long before the guards were after them, so they started to make a run for it when Allura, Twitch and the guards gave them chase through the castle hallways.

SpongeBob held Gary protectively under his arm as he ran, desperate not to lose his pet again. “Gary! You’re with me now!” he reassured. “I’ll never let anyone take you again!”

Gary meowed fearfully, and the group kept going down the hall at top speed. “Come on, guys!” Zipp cried. “Flick your fins!”

“FASTER!!!” Riverstream squealed. But, as Patrick was trailing behind the group, a huge buffet table lined with chicken wings caught his sight, causing him to halt immediately. “Wow…”

Arctic, Tropic and SpongeBob immediately halted upon seeing Patrick eating the food, with the guards and Allura getting closer. “Patrick!” Arctic cried. “What are you doing?!”

“Look, Arctic! Free food!”

SpongeBob and the twins screamed as they saw Allura and the guards coming, and Patrick screamed and stuffed an entire bucket full of food before Arctic and Tropic pulled him away, leaving Allura to pounce and land on her face.

But, upon seeing a window nearby, she gave her next orders to the guards. “Keep following those criminals! Twitch and I have another plan!”

Twitch mumbled in confusion before Allura dragged him out the window and down toward the ground to set their next plan in motion.

XXXXXXXX

“Come on, come on!” Plankton cried as the group swam/ran toward a large set of double doors. “In here!”

Everyone swam/ran inside the room, allowing SpongeBob to slam the doors shut before the guards could reach them. “What are we gonna do?!” India cried. “They’ll be in here in no time!”

Queen Skygrace glanced around for a moment before noticing that there were a lot of available hiding spots and weapons available, and this gave her an idea. “Everyone, hide! Quickly! And grab anything that might be good for a weapon!”

So, everyone scattered, hiding in different areas, including the Bikini Bottom gang hiding inside a large suit of armor (that Plankton had to push Patrick into). And by the time that they were all in hiding, the guards were able to break through the door.

But, since they didn’t see anyone right away, they crept inside to look.

Everyone stood as still as they could, trying to prevent any sudden movements that could give them away. One guard approached a suit of armor, and thinking the Bikini Bottom crew or one of the ponies might have been hiding inside, he sliced it right in the middle, letting the top half fall to the ground.

Sunny’s breathing hitched as soon as she saw the slicing happen, but to her relief, their underwater friends weren’t in that particular one.

But if they weren’t in that one, where were they?

Suddenly, a suit of armor tapped a guard on the shoulder, and when the guard turned to look, a powerful punch knocked him into the wall.

As the guards turned in shock, they were stunned to see Plankton in the helmet part of the armor, and the rest of the Bikini Bottom gang were inside with him. “Peekaboo!” he said with a chuckle. “ATTACK!!”

As the Bikini Bottom gang moved their individual parts, the foals in the middle to help their friends, the ponies and the royal hippogriff sisters popped out of hiding, with Sunny sporting her sea-pony/alicorn form.

The guards ran forward to attack, and while the Equestrians and the sisters battled with kicks, sword blocks, plants and slaps to the face, Plankton directed the others on how to move. “Whoa! Watch your left flank, people! Thrust! Now parry! Now pirouette. Turn around. Pivot! Pull harder. Faster! To the right!”

As a sword was being thrust at the leg Sandy was operating, she gave it a swift kick, sending the guard into a stack of cannonballs. But unfortunately, this was enough to slip many members of the group, including the Bikini Bottom gang, and the armor slammed into a wall. “SpongeBob! Guys!” Sunny cried. “NO!!”

When the battle resumed between the ponies and the guards, two other guards came closer to get a closer look, suddenly, the armor began to crawl toward them on all fours, causing the guards to shriek and run away.

Turns out, everyone except Squidward had gotten out of the armor and were now in hiding, causing Zipp to sigh in relief. “Phew… that was way too close!”

“Are you all okay?” Riverstream asked as she slapped a guard away with her tail. “We’re fine,” Arctic said, “but do you think we should have stayed in there with Squidward?”

“Nah,” Patrick reassured. “He’s got it.”

“Where is everybody?!” Squidward cried from inside the armor, causing all the guards to charge, slapping the ponies aside and focusing on Squidward. But, during the shoving, the armor fell right on top of a fiery pit, causing Squidward to scream and shoot up, knocking guards aside before falling right out the window. “AHH!!! SQUIDWARD!!” India shrieked. “Come on, ponies!” Pipp cried. “We gotta catch him before he hits the ground!”

That’s when everyone raced down the stairs as Squidward continued to fall from a great height. Once everyone else got to the ground, Izzy found a large tarp that they could unicycle into a net, and they all stood, moving from side to side in order to figure out where Squidward was going to land.

And unfortunately... they were just off on their landing position, letting Squidward fall face first into the ground. “Man down,” Patrick said rather calmly, just as Squidward groaned and rose to his feet. “Great… catch…”

“Glad you’re, uh… somewhat okay, Squidward,” Zipp said as she helped him back up. “But right now, I think we better get out of here before somepony catches us!”

Someone like me?

Everyone gasped/yelped, turning around to see Allura standing behind them, and the Mane 6 and the royal sisters took on fighting stances. “So… you’re the evil snow leopard Sunny mentioned,” Queen Skygrace sneered. “Leave this realm at once!”

“Well, I would,” said Allura, fiddling with the star piece around her neck, “but… I sort of like having ALL this power to myself.”

“Oh no, she has the star!” Sunny cried. “We’re too late!”

“That’s one thing you have right,” Allura said, floating up a good distance and letting her paws glow with a supernatural light. “And now, all I have to do is eliminate you, and NO ONE will be able to stand in my way!”

Allura then began to fire blasts of ice at the group, causing them to scream and scatter. “She can throw ice balls?!” Plankton cried, looking down at Misty. “Why didn’t you tell us THAT?!”

“Well, we didn’t know about that until now!” Misty said, swimming out of the way of an ice blast. “But, either way, we have to--”

While Misty was distracted, Allura fired an ice blast right at her tail, causing her to be pinned to the ground with a shriek. “Sunny, help! I’m stuck!”

“We gotcha, Misty!” Pipp cried as she and Zipp tried to help her get free, but Allura managed to strike them down to the ground as well. In fact… she did that to the rest of the Mane 6 as well as the royal sisters, and that’s when her focus turned back to the Bikini Bottom crew, leaving Twitch to make sure the Mane 6 and the sisters didn't escape their icy binds. “Now… be a good little bunch of sea creatures and give me the snail… or you can join your friends and be frozen for eternity.

Gary meowed fearfully, and as SpongeBob clung to Gary for dear life, Tropic suddenly felt something within her snap, swimming forward with a furious expression. “I would rather eat Plankton’s disgusting chum than bow down to you, you old catfish!”

Everyone else gasped in shock at what Tropic said, and Allura’s gaze narrowed as she spread her fins and approached her. “What did you just say to me?”

“You heard her!” Volcano quickly said, swimming to Tropic’s side. “We’ve been through way too much to give up now!”

“Sunny’s told us this before, but nothing is more powerful than the magic of friendship!” Arctic agreed, swimming to her sister’s other side. “And we’re lucky to have these friends that have protected us and nurtured us like we were their flesh and blood!”

“And we’re gonna use that magic,” said India, swimming next to Volcano, “to make sure you never hurt us again!”

Allura merely chuckled at this, letting another ice blast form in her paws as the foals held hooves. “Suit yourselves…”

But before she could toss the blast, however, the foals’ cutie marks began to glow with a bright light, and magic began to envelope the four before they were lifted higher into the air. “Whoa whoa whoa!!” Tropic shrieked, looking around. “What’s happening?!”

Suddenly, those swirls of magic entered the foals, causing their eyes to gleam with a white light, their hooves and horns glowing with different colors. As Allura stared at this magic in shock, a voice other than her own spoke from Tropic’s body. “Ocean Spirits… ATTACK!!”

“Uh… ocean what?!” Hitch cried as the foals dove for Allura, causing her to stagger back and avoid them. But while she was distracted, India’s hooves glowed purple just before she shot a lightning bolt right at Allura’s back, causing her to roar out in pain. “WHY YOU….!!!!”

Volcano shot fire right at Twitch, causing him to shriek and swim away and causing Patrick and SpongeBob to approach Sunny, still trying to get herself free from those binds. “Sunny! Are you okay?” SpongeBob asked. “What’s happening to the foals?”

“I don’t know!” Sunny shook her head. “I can try and help them, but I need to get out of this ice first!”

“We can handle that!” Patrick said before he and SpongeBob began to kick at the ice, breaking it slowly, but surely. Tropic, in her possessed state, seemed to notice their distress and got an idea. “Citizens of the sea, stand aside and I will free your friend!”

“Uh, freaked out by your new voice, Tropic, but I trust you!” SpongeBob said as he and Patrick gave Tropic some room. Then, with the swift blast from her horn, Tropic was able to break the ice apart and free Sunny from her binds. “Yeah-heh! Thanks!” Sunny smiled. “Now, to take care of Allura!”

As Arctic, India and Volcano continued to blast lightning bolts, ice balls and fire balls at Allura, Sunny slammed into the snow leopard, causing both of them to hurtle toward the ground, with Sunny pinned on top of the snow leopard, a fierce look of anger pinned on her face. “It’s over, Allura! Surrender the star piece now, and we may just let you go!”

Allura snarled at this, roaring and sending Sunny flying back toward her friends. “I… will NEVER surrender!!” she snarled. “You ponies haven’t seen the last of Allura!”

With that, she swam off with Twitch and out of the city, her anger for the ponies growing further as her second plan at domination was ruined.

But… she still had the star piece.

And to her, that’s all that mattered.