• Published 11th Jan 2024
  • 666 Views, 28 Comments

G5 Adventures in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run - ponydog127



Our heroes journey back to Bikini Bottom, where they must join with SpongeBob, Patrick and all their friends, old and new, to rescue Gary from King Poseidon and Allura, who is using the king to find the star she desperately desires.

  • ...
7
 28
 666

Automation Situation/Plankton's New Plan

“Order up! Move it, let’s go!” SpongeBob cried to his friends. “We have a whole bunch of Krabby Patties to serve and not a lot of time to serve ‘em in!”

“You got it, chef!” Hitch cried. “Sparky, tray!”

The baby dragon/pufferfish cooed and hit a tray toward Hitch with his tail, causing him to catch it and a Krabby Patty that Sunny tossed his way. That’s when Zipp swam into the kitchen with more order tickets within hoof. “Three more Krabby Patties, deluxe edition, Sunny!”

“Coming up! Let’s see… how did that order go?” Sunny muttered to herself. “First, bun… then patty… followed by cheese, ketchup, mustard, lettuce tomato, extra onions, pickles and… bun!”

Sunny repeated the process a few more times before she rang the bell. “Three deluxe Krabby Patties, order up!”

Izzy, Tropic and Misty took the Krabby Patties in their auras and began to serve them out to the customers, while Pipp was refilling everyone on drinks and India was cleaning tables for new customers.

With all of them working together, they were getting three times as work done as if Tropic and SpongeBob were doing it alone.

Squidward sighed under his breath, just before Volcano and Sandy walked in, wheeling in some sort of large wooden box. “Hiya, SpongeBob!” Sandy spoke with a smile. “Howdy, Sunny and friends!”

“Hey, Sandy!” Zipp greeted her friend with a smile. “Good to see you again, Volcano!”

“Uh… yeah,” Volcano said uneasily before smiling. “Good to see you too.”

“Oooh, whatcha got in there?” Izzy asked, inspecting the box. “Is it a bouncy castle that you can fly in?!”

“Uh… no,” Sandy broke it to her before she turned back to the group. “Did you know in the future everything will be automated?”

“Really?” SpongeBob asked obliviously. “Does that include stomachaches?”

“Ha! You’re hilarious,” Volcano rolled his eyes with a chuckle. “Sandy wanted to drop by and see if Mr. Krabs wants to be an early adopter of this new technology we’ve been working on.”

“Oooh, a new technology?” Tropic asked, poking the box. “What is it?”

“It’s just for Mr. Krabs’ eyes only, Warm Water,” Volcano chuckled, calling her by the nickname India created. “But Sandy has a feeling it’ll make his days a lot less stressful.”

Suddenly, SpongeBob came to a frightening conclusion, grabbing onto the box to prevent them from going anywhere. “Wait, what?! You're gonna replace me with a robot?! Don't do it!!

“SpongeBob, don’t be ridiculous,” Pipp said, grabbing SpongeBob and forcing him off the box. “Sandy wouldn’t give Mr. Krabs something to replace you… right?”

“No, of course not,” Sandy agreed. “Replacing you is gonna happen a long time from now. This is something much more innovative and start-uppy.”

“See? That ought to make you feel better,” Pipp said before blinking. “I think…”

“India, help us push this in,” Volcano said. “We’ll see you guys for our lunch in a few minutes.”

“Good luck!” Misty waved, and the three went into Mr. Krabs’ office before the door shut.

XXXXXXXX

After India presented a case as to why Mr. Krabs should listen to Sandy and Volcano's proposal, Mr. Krabs decided to let them speak, turning on a timer. “All righty then... you got 60 seconds.”

“It’s name... is Otto!” Sandy pressed a button her remote, making a makeshift robot roll out of the box, much to India and Mr. Krabs' surprise. And then... it spoke! “My name is Otto. How may I serve you?

“Wow... that is pretty impressive,” India said, swimming around the robot to inspect it. “Oh-ho, it's more than that!” Volcano said enthusiastically. “Otto here is an automated restaurant owner!”

“Hmm... automated?” Mr. Krabs asked before he turned away. “Sounds expensive, not interested.”

“Otto doesn’t require a salary,” Sandy explained, making Mr. Krabs stop immediately and turn around. “And it can make cold, heartless decisions like firing people because it doesn't have a heart.”

“Yeah! See?” Volcano punched Otto with his hoof to showcase such a fact. “Ow!” Otto groaned, but Mr. Krabs pretended he didn’t hear such. “You don't say.”

You’re fired!” Otto spoke harshly, and even though it was strange to hear it coming from a robot, India was honestly impressed with the technology added on. “This is amazing, Volcano! You really have inventor vibes going on in that brain of yours!”

“Well, it's all thanks to Sandy,” Volcano looked up at his friend. “She is my biggest inspiration, you know.”

I love money,” Otto repeated, “I love money.

“For once, I agree with the little lass!” Mr. Krabs said with a smile. “A cold, unfeeling mechanical robot after me own cold, unfeeling crustacean heart. I'll take it and nurture it and i will love Otto like he was me own son.”

I love you, Daddy,” Otto spoke up as Mr. Krabs hugged him. “Yippee!” Sandy cheered. “You won’t regret this, Mr. Krabs!” Volcano spoke. “Hey, Sandy, why don’t we get a Krabby Patty to celebrate?”

“Good idea! And this time, I’m paying!”

The two of them immediately set off, letting the door shut behind them. “You’re fired!” Otto said, wheeling around the office. “Uh… isn’t that a little disturbing when you hear it all the time?” India asked, a little unsure. “I mean… shouldn’t it only say, ‘You’re fired’ when a person really NEEDS firing?”

“Ah, it doesn’t bother me that much,” Mr. Krabs sighed. “I could listen to that music all day!”

No, seriously,” said Otto, moving behind Mr. Krabs’ desk. “We decided to go in a different direction. You're fired!

Mr. Krabs chuckled, but then realized that Otto might be serious. “...what?”

Don’t make me call security.

India gulped at this, knowing good and well that this was not going to work out well. “Uh… I just remembered, Sunny wanted some extra help making the food!” she said quickly. “You’re on your own, Mr. Krabs!”

With that, the purple sea-pony left, leaving Mr. Krabs alone to do the dirty work.

XXXXXXXX

Within the next few seconds, Mr. Krabs was already shoving Otto out the back door.

You’re fired!

“No,” Mr. Krabs shouted, “you’re fired!”

You’re fired!

“Yer fired, ye infernal machine!”

I’m not fired, you’re fired!

Mr. Krabs was about to throw Otto in the garbage, but he stopped, surprised that there is a fee for recycling electronics and would be fined $5. Mr. Krabs then kicked Otto into the other garbage bin… the one belonging to the Chum Bucket. “Robot abuse!” Otto cried. “Robot abuse!

Everypony except Tropic, SpongeBob and Sunny watched this with wide eyes, and Izzy being the first to speak. “He just… threw that little cute thing away?!”

“He was tormenting Mr. Krabs with the words ‘You’re fired’ and tried to take over the business,” India said as she swam over. “While I do admit that he’s a little… brash sometimes, he is a really sweet guy once you get to know him.”

“We know,” Zipp told her. “I just wish he wasn’t so money-obsessed sometimes.”

“What do you think is gonna happen to that robot he threw out?” Hitch wondered. “No idea,” Misty frowned. “But I sure hope he gets a good home.”

XXXXXXXX

Only a few minutes after Mr. Krabs had dumped Otto into the trash, Karen and Plankton heard the commotion and came outside before seeing Otto in the garbage bin. “You're fired, you're fired...

Immediately, Plankton knew that he wanted nothing to do with this... metal monstrosity. “What the heck is that thing?”

“I don't know, but I'm taking it home,” Karen said sweetly, taking Otto out of the trash. “It’s so cute!”

“What?!” Plankton cried out, immediately not liking the idea. “Come on, little robot. Let's get you some supper,” Karen said, getting Otto inside the Chum Bucket. “I love you, Mom.

Plankton sighed before following suit… he had no time for this!

He had a plan to get over with tonight, and he wasn’t gonna stop until the formula was his.

XXXXXXXX

It was later that night when everyone had left the Krusty Krab, and Mr. Krabs and India were just about to leave when Mr. Krabs gave SpongeBob, Tropic and their friends a new set of orders. “SpongeBob! Be sure this kitchen's in shipshape shape before ye and your friends head out, boy.”

“Oui, Oui, Monsieur Boss Man Krabs,” SpongeBob spoke in a French accent. “Once I am done here, zees kitchen shall be completely spotless.”

“Whatever,” Mr. Krabs rolled his eyes. “Oh! I found this uneaten Krabby Patty on table six. You know what to do with it.”

“You got it, Mr. K!” Misty said, taking it in her aura. “We’ll make sure it’s disposed of properly.”

“Who said anything about disposing of?!” Mr. Krabs shrieked, immediately grabbing the patty from Misty before putting it under a glass lid. “We'll sell it again tomorrow on our legacy artisanal vintage throwback menu.”

“...isn’t that kind of unsanitary?” blinked Zipp. “I wouldn’t protest against it, Zipp,” Tropic whispered. “Unless you wanna get fired.”

“Good night, Mr. Krabs! Good night, India!” Izzy waved to them as they left the building. That’s when SpongeBob put his hands on his hips. “Well, guys, we better get cleaning!”

The first task to get the place cleaned was the mopping. But instead of how the ponies were doing it, with a normal mop, SpongeBob started mopping by himself with liquid inside of his body and squeezing it out. Then, he lands on a wall 5 times, leaving it completely spotless before moving onto the floor.

Once the cleaning was done, Sunny put up a wet floor sign not too far away from the door. “Just so people know this floor is wet and nopony gets hurt.”

“Good thinking,” Tropic smiled. “We don’t want anyone filing a complaint against us.”

That’s when SpongeBob began bidding everything in the kitchen good night. “Well, good night, Gertrude! Good night, Fryer. Good night, Patty. Good night, pickles.”

SpongeBob kissed the pickle jar, before he turned the lights off and closes the door, leading Tropic, Sparky and the Mane 6 out of the kitchen. Meanwhile, Plankton was hidden in a pickle jar with his scuba suit and opened the lid, taking off everything except his bag. “Good night, SpongeBob… hello, Krabby Patty!” Plankton chuckled, just before he pressed a button on his bag before he sprung up to the counter trying to get the Krabby Patty. “And now…”

That’s when Plankton activated a claw to lift the lid off the patty. “Just got to get it…”

Finally, after a couple attempts, the lid was lifted, much to Plankton’s joy… before the claw demanded a quarter, causing Plankton to quickly shove it into the slot before the lid was finally open. “Oh! Bingo! Come to papa.”

After making sure no one else was around, Plankton snuck inside and took a small fragment of the Krabby Patty before inserting it into another device. “In just a few minutes, the formula will be mine!”

After a few moments, the analyzation was complete, and the formula was printed out, which Plankton immediately grabbed. “Yes! Krab's fast-food empire will fail, and I will rule Bikini Bottom, as it's new slop king! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!”

“I knew it!”

Plankton immediately yelped when he heard SpongeBob’s voice, and fell and landed on the wet floor, with the formula floating just above him. “The formula!”

“I knew I left my keys in here,” said SpongeBob, entering the kitchen with Sunny in tow. “Silly me.”

“I’m glad we came back for them,” smiled Sunny while SpongeBob quietly tried to dash around and get the formula. “But I can’t help but feel like something’s off.”

“You’re right! You forgot to get your to-go bag for Sparky!” SpongeBob handed it to the mare. “That little pufferfish is always hungry, huh?”

“You have NO idea.”

“Huh… no keys,” SpongeBob hummed at not seeing the keys on his rack. “That’s weird,” Sunny hummed. “Where could they be?”

That’s when the two began to search the kitchen a bit. SpongeBob opened the cabinet door, letting Plankton hit it head on, which caused him to bang into a tub, which caused the tub to roll forward and turn on the grease fryers. “ Keys, where are you?” SpongeBob called. “Come on, show me keys!”

Plankton slipped on another patch of water and flew right off of the wet floor sign, flying into the air and grabbing the formula, just as he landed in the fryer basket. “Ha ha!”

But unfortunately, the fryer pushed against Plankton, causing him to get sliced before falling into the oil, causing him to scream in agony. “What was that?!” Sunny cried, looking around. “I thought I heard a scream!”

“Oh, it’s probably just Fred saying ‘My leg’ again. He does that a lot,” SpongeBob brushed off before feeling himself and pulling his keys out of his pocket. “They were in my pocket the whole time! Ha ha ha! Come on, Sunny, let’s go.”

Suddenly, as SpongeBob and Sunny left the room, the latter sparing one cautious glance behind her, Plankton suddenly realized about what Karen said (SpongeBob being the real problem) was true. “I get it...!!”

Now he knew what he needed to do... in order to get the secret formula he desired, he needed to get SpongeBob and his pony pals out of the way.

The only question was... how?