• Published 11th Jan 2024
  • 666 Views, 28 Comments

G5 Adventures in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run - ponydog127



Our heroes journey back to Bikini Bottom, where they must join with SpongeBob, Patrick and all their friends, old and new, to rescue Gary from King Poseidon and Allura, who is using the king to find the star she desperately desires.

  • ...
7
 28
 666

Friends to the Rescue!

The worst possible events had occured.

Allura and Twitch had somehow gotten to the Lost City of Atlantic City, and now, SpongeBob, Patrick and the sea-unicorn twins had been captured and locked away in the dungeons.

And worst of all... Sunny and her friends weren’t sure how to get rid of Allura without the magic snow and they weren’t sure on how to save their friends either.

As the group hid away in a large storage closet and struggled to think, Sunny got an idea. “If anyone can convince the king to spare our friends, it’s another royal!”

“But, King Poseidon doesn’t know us,” Zipp pointed out. “If Pipp and I went in there…”

“I’m not thinking you and Pipp,” clarified Sunny. “I have another royal in mind… Queen Skygrace! I better text her and Riverstream to tell her what’s going on.”

“What about the others?” Misty asked. “They need to know about SpongeBob, Patrick and the twins too!”

“Good idea, Misty. While they’re there,” said Sunny, “they can pick up the others, and we’ll meet them outside the palace. I just hope we’re not too late…”

XXXXXXXX

By the time the next morning arrived, Sandy and Volcano were rocking through town, a sleigh being pulled by two rocket engines, all the way to SpongeBob and Tropic’s house.

Volcano enjoyed the high-speed activities that Bikini Bottom had to offer, and this was by far one of his favorites, as shown by the fact that he was cheering and hollering the entire way.

Once getting to SpongeBob’s street, Sandy pulled on the reins to slow the engines down. “Yeehaw! Incoming! Whoa!” she said, and the rockets stopped, letting the sleigh slowly descend. “Good rockets.”

“SpongeBob! Tropic!” Volcano called as he and Sandy entered the house. “Get your co-pilot goggles, guys, cause we're goin' sleddin'! I know Sunny and the others are gonna love it as much as you will!”

But, as he and Sandy searched through the house, it looked like the entire place had been ransacked and thrown apart. “You in here? Sunny? SpongeBob?” Volcano called before Sandy accidentally kicked the flipped-over litter box. “Huh, that's weird. Something's fishy around here, Volcano, and we’re gonna find out what.”

“How are we gonna do that?” asked Volcano with a raised eyebrow. “By questioning potential witnesses,” Sandy answered. “Let’s get to the Krusty Krab, and hopefully, we can get some answers.”

XXXXXXXX

Sandy and Volcano arrived at the Krusty Krab to find it completely in ruins since the customers went wild on it the previous day.

And like Volcano and Sandy feared, SpongeBob and the Equestrians weren’t there… and neither were the twins.

When they arrived, Mr. Krabs and India were laying around, wondering where their friends were while Squidward read his Kelpy G magazine, and Sandy spoke first, obviously upset. “All right, what'd y'all do with SpongeBob? And the twins and Equestrians for that matter?”

“We don’t know where they are, Sandy,” Squidward shrugged. “They haven’t been here in days.”

Squidward yelped as soon as Sandy leapt upon him, demanding more honest answers. “Don't you play coy with me, cephalopod. And you, arthropod,” she said, turning to Mr. Krabs, causing him and India to shriek. “Start talking, where are they? Tied up in the basement? Stuffed in your trunk?”

“Sandy, you got it all wrong!” India pleaded. “They’ve been gone for days. I checked SpongeBob’s house yesterday, and it was like they completely disappeared!”

“Plus, we could never harm the lad and those ponies,” Mr. Krabs said as he turned away. “Their absence has taught me that much. And I'm not just talking about the money I'm losing with them gone.”

This caused the two foals, Sandy and Squidward to look at each other, and Mr. Krabs honestly corrected himself. “Okay, fifty percent talking about the money and fifty percent talking about I truly miss the boy and his friends!!”

“Awwww…” Sandy groaned, feeling bad for being so hard on the boys. “He’s right in a way. Sunny and her friends do have a way of making people around here feel better about themselves,” Squidward admitted. “And I hate to say admit this about SpongeBob, but things aren't the same without him.”

“Then there’s no denying it,” India said. “We need SpongeBob and the ponies… more than ever!”

“This is just me spit-balling,” said Volcano, “but did anypony ever stop to think that they might need us?”

“We did.”

Everyone turned to see Queen Skygrace and Riverstream swimming into the room, looking very worried. “Your highnesses, what are you doing here?” Sandy asked. “I thought the summit wasn’t supposed to be over until tomorrow.”

“We were supposed to stay till the end, until we got distressing news that made us swim back here as fast as we could,” Queen Skygrace frowned. “Sunny text and told us it was an emergency and to fetch you all.”

“And… take us where?” Squidward raised an eyebrow. “Seriously?” Riverstream snatched the TV remote and turned on the TV. “Have none of you been watching the news?”

“Why? What’s so important?” Volcano asked, and his question was answered when Perch Perkins came on screen. “This is Perch Perkins coming to you from The Lost City of Atlantic City. I'm standing on the strip outside Poseidon's Palace and Casino, where two suspects have been taken into custody tonight, following an attempt on the royal snail.

Then, much to the group’s horror, SpongeBob, Patrick and the twins’ mugshots appeared on the screen, causing India and Sandy to gasp in horror as Perch continued. “The sea-unicorns, sponge and sea star were impersonating a lounge act when they made an attempt on Poseidon's prized mollusk.

When a shot of Gary meowing appeared onscreen, everyone except the royal sisters gasped in horror. “It’s Gary!!”

The suspect's vehicle was apprehended after a high-speed chase,” Perch continued, showing Otto evading the police and making Sandy highly suspicious. “Mr. Krabs… what happened to Otto…?”

“Well, he took an automated vacation.”

“Shh, quiet, you two!” Riverstream scolded. “I wanna hear more! They’re saying something about their sentence!”

True to her word, Perch continued to tell the public what he knew. “In a related story, Poseidon's Palace presents a command performance, featuring the execution of the suspects in the Aqua Room this Friday night.

“Execution of the suspects?!” Mr. Krabs blurt out. “What happened to habeas swordfish?”

“Messing with the royal snail IS a serious offense,” said Queen Skygrace, “but that’s SpongeBob’s pet snail! There has to be some sort of leniency!”

Unfortunately, there was no leniency in their future as Perch finished his report. “It’s a fun-filled family event, with opening act, Kelpy G. One performance only, tickets still available.

As Squidward began to get excited about Kelpy G, India suddenly knew what the group had to do. “If Sunny and the others managed to text you, then she and the others must be free! We have to go help them save our friends!”

“We embark immediately!” Mr. Krabs agreed. “Aw yeah!!” Volcano pumped a hoof. “Rescue mission central, here we come!”

Suddenly, the door opened a little bit, and the group watched as Plankton came through the door sheepishly. “Excuse me. Uh… can I tag along?”

“Plankton?” Queen Skygrace raised an eyebrow. “Forgive me for being blunt, but what do you have to do with this?”

Plankton gulped upon realizing he had to face the queen of the hippogriffs, and tried to explain in a way where he wouldn’t get in trouble immediately. “I-I-I-I might have a teensy-weensy hand in a very…”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Mr. Krabs dismissed, “we'll hear about it in the car. Mr. Squidward, are you coming?”

“Ha! Fat chance…” Squidward began before popping up between Volcano and Riverstream, dressed in Kelpy G fan merchandise. “Fat chance I'd miss a Kelpy G performance. I'm in!”

“...well, he’s coming with us in some form,” Riverstream sighed. “Come on! There isn’t a moment to lose!”

“To the Patty-Mobile!” Mr. Krabs declared. Sandy, Mr. Krabs, Squidward and Plankton slid down a pole into a secret room below the Krusty Krab while the sea-ponies just dove after them. Once reaching the secret room, Mr. Krabs pulled the tarp off the Patty-Mobile… but it was revealed to be the Patty Wagon from one of the earlier adventures.

Squidward was immediately unamused. “What? This old tub?”

“Never judge a Patty-Mobile by it's bun, Squidward,” Sandy said, and pressed a button to allow the Patty-Mobile to upgrade into a long patty with tomatoes and Ketchup and Mustard as speed boosters. “All right! This is what I’m talking about!” Volcano exclaimed as they got into the Patty-Mobile. “I say, let’s light this puppy up!!”

Sandy immediately rolled down the window and fired up the boosters, prompting the car to go turbo all the way down the runway. “YEEEEEE-HAWWWW!!!

MOOOOOOOOMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!” Squidward screamed while the others cheered/screamed, and the Patty-Mobile burst from the ground and down the road, in an effort to reach their friends before it became too late to save their friends from this horrible fate.