• Published 16th Nov 2023
  • 1,933 Views, 63 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Cine-magic: The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge out of Water - IndyWriter Productions



The Main Six and Spike are sent off to a world of aquatic life. However, this aquatic life will be nothing they have ever seen before.

  • ...
3
 63
 1,933

Part 5: Jailbreak & Time Machines

When the Main 7 first heard Plankton's plan, they thought it completely insane. Knowing how the townsfolk were now, they most likely had the entire Chum Bucket heavily guarded. That ended being an understatement. From the ledge our heroes laid on, they saw The Chum Bucket was more guarded than Canterlot Castle itself. Barded-wire and stacks of towers surrounded the building, guards covered every square foot of the premises, and there was even a crudely-made watchtower with it’s own searchlight.

"There she is. My computer wife." Plankton viewed into a window with a telescope. "They've got her tied up in the back room."

"Welp. We've certainly got our work cut out for us." Applejack stated.

"I've never seen this many people at The Chum Bucket." Plankton said.

"I've never seen anyone there." SpongeBob said.

"Now was that really necessary?" Plankton threw the telescope away.

"Because the food's really bad." SpongeBob added.

"Come on! Really?" Plankton seethed.

Pinkie and Rainbow giggled. SpongeBob was quick to shush them.

"How are we gonna sneak past those guards?" The sponge asked.

"We'll need some kind of distraction." Twilight said.

Plankton was hit with a simple idea and quietly shared it with the rest. The execution was simply, They threw a tire off the ledge. It rolled down the slope, catching the attention of some of the guards. A searchlight shone clearly against as it rolled to a stop and fell onto the ground. Several guards walked up to it.

"Well, what do we have here?" One of the guards said angrily.

They began hitting the rubber tire with their weapons. This allowed SpongeBob, Plankton, and the Main 7 to scurry past unnoticed, using a stack of tires as a form of cover.

"It's so tight in here." Spike wheezed.

"Move your tail, Fluttershy." Rainbow nudged forward.

"That's my tail, silly." Pinkie giggled.

"We better hurry. Those guys really hate tires." SpongeBob warned.

They swiftly and quietly made their way to a back entrance. Plankton hopped out and tried to pull the door open, but it wouldn't budge.

"We'll never get in. The door's locked." Plankton groaned.

SpongeBob threw the tire stacks away, freeing the team from their rubbery prison.

"Finally! It was getting uncomfortably sweaty in there." Rarity sighed. "Such tight space like that would surely ruin my mascara."

"Ah'm more confused on how you'd think we'd even get through that there door, Plankton." Applejack pointed to the tiny door.

"First of all, apart from Karen, I'm the only one who lives here. I don't need a normal sized door. Second of all, it's the only entrance other than the main which is obviously a no-go." Plankton explained bitterly.

"Well how do we get in now?" Fluttershy asked.

SpongeBob looked up and noticed something.

"Wait. The window is open." He said. "Come on, Plankton, it's time for some teamwork. Give me a boost."

"Okay." Plankton then realized what SpongeBob was doing. "Wait a minute, no!"

SpongeBob's foot landed right on him. Using all his strength, he heaved the sea sponge up to reach the window. He laugh triumphantly from his accomplishment, but that was short-lived when SpongeBob's full weight ended up crushing him.

"Oooo. That's gotta hurt." Spike winced.

"Just a little higher, Plankton." SpongeBob requested. "Plankton."

"Get off him! You're squishing him!" Twilight said in alarm.

SpongeBob raised up the bottom of his foot to see Plankton's crushed body.

"Why don't you boost me up instead?" Plankton groaned in pain.

"Oh, yeah. Good thinking." SpongeBob said sheepishly.

He raised his foot up to the window and scraped Plankton off it against the windowsill. After getting his bearings, Plankton leaped down to the floor. He looked around to see if the coast was clear then opened the door.

"Come on, guys, come on!" He ushered.

SpongeBob squeezed through the tiny entrance with ease. Twilight and the others, however, simply swam through the open window.

"There's no way we could squeeze ourselves through there." Twilight pointed to the doorway.

"Whatever." Plankton said grumpily.

"We're in!" SpongeBob slammed the door closed.

Plankton pushed SpongeBob to the wall.

"Ssshh! There's a guard over there." He pointed to the sleeping figure of Patrick. "Let's take the key from around his neck."

"Great. As if he hasn't caused enough trouble already." Rainbow whispered sarcastically.

"We're gonna have to be very quiet. Let's walked on the tips of our toes." Plankton suggested.

"We don't have toes. Only tailfins and hooves." Twilight pointed out.

"Then swim quietly." Plankton hissed.

Plankton jumped off SpongeBob. The sea sponge gave a hand signal, telling Plankton he understood. The Main 6 and Spike all nodded. Plankton tip-toed forward, but stopped when Patrick yawned and squirmed in his sleep. That's when he heard a tip-toe sound, but he wasn't moving. He turned to see SpongeBob playing with a tiny piano, recreating the sound.

"Why do you have a small piano with you?" Twilight hissed.

"Dramatic effect." SpongeBob answered quietly.

"Will you stop playing that tiny piano?" Plankton scolded. "You're gonna get us caught."

"Exactly." The purple sea pony agreed.

"Sorry." SpongeBob put the piano away.

The team made it over to Patrick without anymore noise. They eyed the key around the sea star's neck.

"Now just reach over and grab it." Plankton whispered.

The Main 7 held there breaths as SpongeBob slowly moved his hand closer to the key. As he leaned in closer, SpongeBob's foot pushed against a loose floorboard, causing it to creak.

"Halt! Who goes there?" Patrick whipped around sleepily.

For a second, the team thought they had been caught, but Patrick flopped back onto the chair, still snoring. They looked at each other with apprehensive looks. SpongeBob inched closer and grabbed the lanyard that held the key. He tried pulling it down, but Patrick's thick torso prohibited it from moving down his neck.

"Stop! Pull it over his head!" Plankton said quietly.

SpongeBob pulled up, but the lanyard still wouldn't budge, only accomplishing to push Patrick's mouth up.

"Stop, stop, stop!" Plankton said.

SpongeBob let go, allowing Patrick's flabby face to flop back to it's normal position.

"I feel grossed out by this." Rarity whined.

"We can't leave till we get that key." Applejack said.

"Let me get up there." Plankton leaped from SpongeBob's shoulder.

He silently tip-toed up Patrick's stomach and to the key. He snapped the lanyard and gave a thumbs-up the SpongeBob, who gave a thumbs-up back.

"Nice one, Plankton." Twilight said. "Now grab the key."

Plankton went to grab it, only to realized it was sliding down Patrick's body. He chased after, tripping and bouncing against the sea star's belly fat. SpongeBob and the Main 7 could only watch with nervous looks as Plankton ran after the key. He tripped and landed on top of it, gasping as he saw he was heading right for Patrick's belly button. Plankton screamed as he and the key bounced into the air. SpongeBob closed his eyes, too scared to see the end result. The key plunged into the belly button and Plankton landed right on top of it. The Main 7 breathed a sigh of relief as SpongeBob opened his eyes and smiled. Plankton smiled back, that was until the key began to sink deeper inside the belly button.

"Help me." Plankton squeaked.

SpongeBob gasped and managed to grab ahold of Plankton's antenna. He pulled him and the key out, wiping away all the lint from they two. Rarity instinctively dry-heaved. The noise and sensation was enough to wake Patrick up.

"What." Patrick looked around and spotted the nine intruders.

He gasped and pulled out a giant whistle.

"Oh, no you don't!" Rainbow tacked Patrick to the ground before he could blow on the whistle.

SpongeBob and the others came in the keep the raging starfish down. Patrick, despite being overweight, was still very strong. Strong enough to give even Rainbow and Applejack a hard time.

"Stay down, big guy!" Rainbow threatened.

"And stay there, you brute!" Rarity added.

"Plankton, help!" SpongeBob hoisted Patrick up in a cradle position.

The Main 7 helped keep him there.

"I'll rock him, you tell him a bedtime story." SpongeBob said.

"How is that gonna fix the situation?" Twilight asked, clearly distressed.

Plankton raced up to them and stood on Patrick's belly.

"Uh, uh. Once upon a time there was a big, fat, pink idiot who went to sleep. The end!" Plankton said quickly.

"That's the worst bedtime story I've ever heard!" Pinkie said with disappointment.

"Maybe we could try a lullaby." Fluttershy suggested, struggling to hold Patrick up.

"Nice try, but it's gonna take more than that to..." Patrick immediately went limp and flopped against the floor, fast asleep and snoring loudly.

"Did....Did that seriously just work?" Rainbow asked in disbelief.

"Why did that even work?" Twilight asked.

"Let's just grab the key." SpongeBob said.

Without further delay, They grabbed the key and opened the door Patrick was guarding, revealing Karen who was chained up against the wall.

"I told you, I don't have the formula, you monsters!" Karen said angrily.

"Well, that's not how you thank your saviors." Rainbow said.

"Hey, baby, how are you?" Plankton greeted sweetly.

"Plankton! My hero! You must need something, otherwise you wouldn't have come back." Karen said.

"Plankton has a plan to save Bikini Bottom." SpongeBob put the key into the shackles, unlocking them.

"It's a crazy one, but one that might actually work." Spike said.

As soon as the chains were unlocked, Karen fell to the floor. SpongeBob and Twilight lifted her back up onto her wheels.

"Are you okay?" Twilight asked with concern.

"I'm fine. It doesn't matter, Plankton. Krabs knows all your plans. He's been through my hard drive looking for the secret formula." Karen explained.

"I never had it. But we're going to get it." Plankton sighed. "We're gonna go back in time to steal the formula before it disappeared."

"That's right!” Pinkie said excitedly.

"Time travel! Where are you gonna find a computer that can do that?" Karen asked incredulously. "Wait a minute!"

"There's no time to waste." Twilight said. "Let's get out of here before we get spotted."

Back outside. SpongeBob lightly pushed the main entrance doors opened and peered out to see if they were safe. The guards we still preoccupied with the tire, giving our heroes the opening they needed to escape. SpongeBob carried Karen as the swiftly escaped the premises.

"I've never carried a head before." He said uneasily.

"You'll get used to it." Plankton said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Applejack asked suspiciously.

"Nothing. It means nothing." Plankton said quickly.

"It's still warm." SpongeBob whispered.

"We need to go now." Twilight said.

The team quickly made there escape past the still distracted guards.

"So you won't talk, eh?" The first guard said cruelly. "Let some air out of him."

The second smiled evilly and pushed his finger against the valve stem, allowing air to escape.


Not too long after, we find our heroes at a taco restaurant the stood at the top of a snowy peak.

"Is this where we're gonna build our time machine?" SpongeBob asked.

"I guess so." Twilight said dubiously. "Though I'm not sure how a place like this can help us build one."

"Plankton, are you sure this the optimal place to be?" Rainbow asked.

"Sure. It's got everything we need." Plankton responded confidently. "A photo booth. A cuckoo clock. Some day-old chips. Now all we have to do is build it."

"I'm still not sure this will work. Time travel is very complex thing." Twilight said.

"Come on, have a bit of faith, will you. Might do you some good." Plankton responded.

SpongeBob pulled out his pitch pipe to start up a tune.

"Oh, no, you don't!" Plankton snatched the instrument away.

"Hey, my pitch pipe!" SpongeBob exclaimed.

"Uh, I need it. For the time machine." Plankton ran into the photo booth.

"Oh. Okay." SpongeBob said.

"Umm. SpongeBob?" Fluttershy was about to say when the team heard a crash and a toilet flushing.

Plankton ran out with a hammer in-hand.

"Installed!" He said triumphantly.

The Main 7 all gave him unconvinced looks.

"Well. Are we gonna build the time machine or what?" Plankton said quizzically.

"Let's get started." Applejack rolled her eyes.

And so, the team began to build the time machine; hammering in nails, cutting wood, and screwing in screws. It was hard and time-consuming work, but hopefully, it will all be worth it. Several hours in, they stopped for a lunch break, gathering up any eatable products from the restaurant kitchen. Then, it was back to work. Rarity sowed up the booth curtain back together, Applejack and Rainbow lifted the heaviest parts into position and the rest helped add the finishing touches and calibrate the machine. When it was complete, Plankton spun the cuckoo clock arms and the machine sputtered to life.

"I did it!" Plankton said victoriously.

"No. We did it!" SpongeBob walked out the booth.

"It was a team effort!" Spike said happily.

"Wait. We did do it. As a tee-am." Plankton said in realization.

"A team." The others corrected.

"Whatever." Plankton said.

"See. Now you're getting the hang of it, Plankton." Pinkie said joyfully.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right." Plankton admitted.

"Okay, now for the brains!" SpongeBob hauled Karen inside the machine and slid her into the proper cavity.

Plankton, Spike, and the Main 6 all shuffled inside.

"Okay, Plankton, this is it." Karen said. "It's gonna take all my processors and energy to power this time machine. So if you have anything you wanna tell me, you better tell me now."

"Wait? You mean you won't come back from this?" Twilight asked hesitantly.

"That's the way it has to be, I'm afraid." Plankton’s computer wife said.

"Well, Karen...I know I've taken you for granted all these years, and I, I just wanted to say, I'm glad you're on my tee-am." Plankton said sadly.

Karen felt very touched.

"Oh, Sheldon, that's the sweetest thing you've ever..."

Her sentence abruptly stopped when Plankton flipped the switch. Karen's speech line disappeared and the current time flashed on the screen.

"Dude, you didn't even let her finish." Rainbow said sternly.

Plankton didn't respond. He stood there with tears in his eyes, sniffling and sobbing quietly.

"Plankton, are you okay?" Fluttershy asked softly.

"Plankton, are you crying?" SpongeBob asked.

"No, no, no!" Plankton wiped away the tears. "It's just one of the hazards of having a giant eyeball. There's always stuff getting in there."

The others gave him sorrowful and sympathetic looks.

"It's okay to let out your emotions, Plankton." Twilight said gently. "This no shame or embarrassment in it."

Plankton lightly shook his head.

"Anyway, where were we?" He said dismissively.

Twilight sighed solemnly.

"Getting ready to activate the machine.

"Oh, right." Plankton said. "Say cheese!"

SpongeBob slid a quarter into the slot.

"Cheese!" The group say, all flashing a big smile.

The time machine spluttered and hissed. And in a flash of light and colors, it was gone. All it left was a bit of smoke floating around where the machine once stood. SpongeBob, Plankton, and the Main 7 were now flying through space and time to retrieve the Krabby Patty secret formula. The only question that remained was would they succeed?

Only one way to find out.



To be continued