• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 1,501 Views, 49 Comments

What's Worth Fighting For - corrosive dash



A lone boy by the name of Gyro Gurlukavich will face the horrors of war, and the magic of Friendship

  • ...
9
 49
 1,501

Friendship maybe magic

Everfree Forest, 6:50 PM

Gyro opened his eyes as he felt he was on hard dirt, he sat up and rubbed his head in pain as it throbbed. Gyro shook his head as his vision became fuzzy, he closed his eyes once more and exhaled. Gyro felt his breath became hotter as he remembered what he did before falling unconscious, he remembered killing Al-Bashir and his Taliban by.... breathing fire? Gyro never knew he could do that, he began to think about how he could breathe fire. His inner monologue was interrupted as something slammed into his chest, knocking the wind out of him as he slid a few feet.

Gyro recovered quickly as he stood up, he looked forward at his attacker and he went wide-eyed. Gyro was staring at pony wearing golden armor and a helmet, he knew where he seen that before and looked up. There in front of Gyro was Canterlot castle, Gyro smiled with joy as his wish came true, but he has rammed in the chest once again as he fell to the floor. The guard pony yelled toward Gyro.

“Beast, you are under arrest in the name of the Royal Guard, do not resist or i shall use lethal force!” the guard yelled as he charged up his horn. Gyro began to feel hot once more as he recovered, Gyro did not want to harm the pony, but he wanted to give him a scare. Gyro spewed fire near the pony’s hooves, scorching the ground in front of the guard. The flame’s turned the dirt into a deathly black color as the pony fell on it’s back, clearly scared. Gyro walked up to the pony and stared the pony down as he spoke.

“I’m not here to hurt you, but i will come peacefully, i’m a friend” Gyro said to the guard pony as he stuck out his hand to help the pony up. The guard pony slowly stuck out it’s hoof as Gyro gently grabbed it and pulled. The guard pony stood there in confusion as Gyro spared him, even though he attacked Gyro first, he still did not harm him. The guard pony regained his posture and spoke more friendly to Gyro.

“Now, will you please come with me, and for safety i need to put you in chains so you don’t pose as a threat” the guard pony asked Gyro as he levitated some chains to wrap around Gyro’s arms. Gyro held out his hands as the chains wrapped around them with a click, the guard pony grabbed onto the chain with his magic and walked forward, Gyro moved in rhythm with the pony as they walked up to the golden gates where two more Royal Guards stood.

“Now don’t say anything, they will call more guards in if they think i cannot handle you” the guard pony said as he yanked the chains, causing Gyro to jerk forward a little. They reached the gate and the guards blocked their paths with steel spears.

“Wind shaker, what is this monster you have brought forth to the castle gate?” the guard questioned him as he glared at Gyro.

“This being i have in full restriction Flame Seeker, i shall take him forth to the Princess for further knowledge.” Wind Shaker said to his fellow guard. The two guards nodded their heads and opened the gate to let them both into the castle grounds. Wind Shaker stopped to get a good look at Gyro and was very confused. To Wind Shaker, Gyro had a dark yellow tail but he had no fur except for some on the top of his head. He asked Gyro in confusion.

“Are you a Dragon that has no scales?” Shaker asked Gyro in complete confusion. Gyro raised an eyebrow in confusion as well to Shaker’s question. Gyro was about to reply until he felt something tug at his tail bone, Gyro turned to find a tail attached to his body and it was wagging. Gyro held back a scream of horror and looked toward Wind Shaker.

“Where i come from, my species don’t have tails!” Gyro yelled in confusion on why he had a tail. Wind Shaker face hoofed and yanked the chains, bringing Gyro to the ground. Gyro looked up in annoyance as Wind Shaker laughed at his misfortune and walked forward, Gyro received many glances from the guards and staff of the castle, angry glances, confused glances, scared glances, and one happy glance from one pony. Gyro looked around as he was being escorted to the throne room, he looked in awe as the majestic concrete work of the castle stunned him, he mentally cheered as he was in the land of Equestria, better yet he was going to meet his favorite pony, Princess Celestia.

Stuck in his daydream, his face collided with the door with a thud. While Wind Shaker laughed, Gyro breathed in and spewed fire onto the door, burning a hole into it. Wind Shaker stopped laughing and glared at Gyro.

“What the hay man!” Wind said angrily as he opened the doors to the throne room. In front of Gyro and Wind, was Princess Celestia staring at them both with the royal facade. Wind bowed to her in the utmost respect, Celestia smiled at Wind but turned her vision over to Gyro.

“Wind Shaker, who is this being you have brought forth?” She asked her guard, she felt something was familiar of the being she was looking at. Wind Shaker stood up.

“I do not know of his name Princess, but he seems to be a being who can breathe fire like a dragon.” Wind reported to his Princess. Celestia nodded and asked Gyro.

“What is your name?” Celestia asked Gyro in interest. Gyro took a deep breath, trying not breathe fire but it seems that he can only do that when he is angry.

“Gyro Gurlukovich, your highness” Gyro said with his emotionless look. Celestia gasped in remembrance, this was the boy she stumbled upon looking while doing astronomy in her chambers, this was that lonely boy who lived on a planet of war and despair, this was that poor broken soul. Celestia looked to her guard.

“Wind Shaker, you are dismissed.” she said to her guard as he released the chains and walked out, leaving them alone. Celestia stared at Gyro as he rubbed his hands in discomfort. She stepped off of her throne and stood in front of Gyro with a motherly smile while Gyro just returned the stare without a smile.

“Do you know who i am?” she asked Gyro with a smile. Gyro replied with a nod of his head, Celestia slowly wrapped her wing around Gyro and brought him into a gentle hug. Gyro did not know how to react so he only stood there in confusion, Celestia felt Gyro’s tension and asked.

“I know you have not received a hug since your friend Naomi last gave you one right?” she asked Gyro as she still had him wrapped in a hug.

“Yes, b-but how did you know?” Gyro asked the sun goddess still confused. Celestia smiled and hugged tighter, squeezing a little air from him.

“I watched you for some time, and i felt so sad because you never had a friend for 2 years, so i had to watch over you.” she said to him as she squeezed harder. Gyro felt like he was suffocating as he tapped Celestia’s shoulder, Celestia felt his tapping and released him as she giggled from embarrassment.

“Uh sorry” she said as Gyro started to regain his normal breathing rate. Celestia regained her posture and walked passed Gyro to the door and inspected the burnt hole.

“Did you burn a hole through my beloved door?” she asked Gyro with a small smirk on her face. Gyro only rubbed the back of his head in shame.

“Sorry Princess, i need to learn how to control my anger” Gyro said as he properly bowed this time.Celestia kept her smile and opened the door, Wind Shaker immediately was front and center waiting for his orders.

“Your highness?” Wind saluted at the smiling princess.

“Wind Shaker, i need you to escort him to the guest chambers” Celestia asked her guard as he nodded. Wind Shaker tilted his head for Gyro to follow, Gyro and Wind walked down the golden hallway in utter silence. Gyro started to get bored so he tried to strike up a conversation.

“Soooo, how is it being a guard?” Gyro asked as they walked toward the guest room.

“Boring. but it keeps the civilians safe.” Wind responded with a frown.

“Now what are those contraptions on your back, some sort of bow?” Wind asked Gyro as he stared at Gyro’s weapons. Gyro put his hand onto his back and felt metal, Gyro found he still had his weapons on him and he didn’t notice. Gyro groaned as he face-palmed, they reached the guest room and opened the doors. Gyro basked in the appearance of the room, everything was beautiful, the bed was huge, the bathroom was exotic, and the entire ceiling looked like it was made by a god of crafting.

“You still haven’t answered my question” Wind Shaker said with a frown. Gyro turned his head as he wore a smirk, he cracked his knuckles and yawned.

“Maybe later, after my nap.” Gyro said as he dove into the king sized bed before him. Wind Shaker sighed and closed the door with his magic, leaving Gyro to sleep.


*Wind Shaker’s POV* : He seems suspicious, i don’t trust him one bit, Wind Shaker thought to himself as he walked back toward the cafeteria. Wind walked through the doors as he was greeted by a fellow guard.

“Hey Wind, how’s it going with that thing?” his friend asked him about Gyro from earlier. Wind only smiled as he went to the line to grab his tray, he entered the line and grabbed his lunch with the usual but with a new side. He sat down next to his friends on the left side of the cafeteria.

“Wow, they’re serving Hay Fries now, finally something good on the menu.” Wind Shakers friend sitting next to him smiled as he ate his food.

“You always complain about everything Shadow Wing.” Wind playfully said as he patted his friend on the back. Shadow Wing groaned as he ate his food, Wind smiled as he started to annoy his friend. Wind sat there chatting away until another guard tapped him on his shoulder.

“Wind Shaker?” the guard asked with the trademark stare.

“Yes Sir” Wind responded as he finished his lunch.

“The Princess needs you ASAP” the guard said as he walked off. Wind picked up his plate with his magic and trashed it, he walked back toward the throne room were Celestia was waiting. He opened the doors and saluted to his Princess.

“Your highness, you requested me?” Wind asked as he kept his hoof up to his forehead.

“Yes, I need you to be Gyro’s escort because i will send you both to my students library immediately." Celestia said with a smile. Wind Shaker nodded and proceeded toward Gyro’s room.

*Gyro’s POV*: Gyro quietly rested in his new bed, usual he would sleep outside on the hard sand in afternoon, but this was 10x better for him. Gyro’s ear twitched as he heard his door open and lifted his head to look.

“Who’s there?” he asked as a guard walked in.

“It’s me Wind Shaker, get up so we can leave” Wind said with a frown.

“Where?” Gyro questioned as he jumped out of bed but tripping over his tail in the process.

“You will see in time now come” Wind said as Gyro followed him out the door. Gyro and Wind walked out to the front entrance and was greeted by a carriage. Gyro and Wind sat inside the carriage as it took off, Gyro started to stare at a tattoo that Wind had and asked about it.

“What kind of tattoo is that?” Gyro asked as he poked it.

“Hey, don’t do that!” Wind said as he grabbed his flank.

“That’s my Cutie Mark if you were asking” Wind said annoyed. Gyro only shrugged as he started to breath a small flame into his hands, the flame morphed into a ball and started to swirl rapidly.

“Hey what are you d-” Wind Started but the flame exploded into a flash. Wind opened his eyes and found two stips of hair on the seat, Wind put his hoof to his forehead and screamed.

“What the Hay, you burned off my eyebrows!!” Wind yelled at Gyro who only laughed. Wind sighed as this was going to be a long day.

*Celestia’s POV*: To my Dearest student, Twilight Sparkle, I have sent a guard to your library and he should arrive in 20 mins, but with him is a being you have never seen before, i hope he will be nice to you and your friends. Write me a report of his actions, and his name is Gyro Gurlukovich. Your Teacher, Princess Celestia.