• Published 22nd Oct 2023
  • 430 Views, 43 Comments

The Gilderoy Expedition - PaulAsaran



When a griffon expedition goes missing in the Frozen North, the Crystal Empire answers the call. But as the crew of the Aurora Dawn will soon learn, there are things in the ice no mortal creature should uncover.

  • ...
1
 43
 430

PreviousChapters Next
Mission Orders, 02-06-1005

From the Office of Sir Long Reach,
Rear Admiral, Her Highness’s Northern Royal Air Navy
The Crystal City

To: Meticulous Mendacity & High Ground,
Captains, H.R.H. Northern Flurry & H.R.H. Aurora Dusk


On January 20th, 1005, H.R.H. Aurora Dawn and her captain, Decadent Design, received orders from HQ. Those orders were to voyage to the Matti Ths Aioniotitas glacial formation on a search and rescue mission of the Gilderoy Expedition, which went missing in December of year 1004 – see data packet for details. H.R.H. Aurora Dawn sent daily updates to HQ during the mission.

Daily reports from H.R.H. Aurora Dawn ceased January 24. An emergency communication was received by multiple military stations on January 26, after which all attempts to communicate were unreturned. In the emergency communication, acting captain Coxswain issued CODE BLACK CRYSTALS.

H.R.H. Northern Flurry & H.R.H. Aurora Dusk are hereby ordered to dock at Crystal City Royal Air Navy HQ to receive supplies as well as additional military and rescue personnel consistent with requirements for a CODE BLACK CRYSTALS investigation, as well as undergo a mandatory crew change. H.R.H. Northern Flurry & H.R.H. Aurora Dusk are then to voyage to the Matti Ths Aioniotitas glacial formation to investigate disappearance of H.R.H. Aurora Dawn and the Gilderoy Expedition.

Prior to departure from HQ, Captains Meticulous Mendacity and High Ground are further instructed to meet with Her Royal Highness at the Crystal Castle as promptly as possible for a more detailed briefing.

Due to the risks inherent in CODE BLACK CRYSTALS-related objectives, this mission and its objectives shall be deemed CONFIDENTIAL until such time as Her Highness deems them fit for public consumption.

With Her Highness’s blessing and well-wishes,
Rear Admiral Long Reach,
February 6, 1005

PreviousChapters Next