• Published 22nd Oct 2023
  • 428 Views, 43 Comments

The Gilderoy Expedition - PaulAsaran



When a griffon expedition goes missing in the Frozen North, the Crystal Empire answers the call. But as the crew of the Aurora Dawn will soon learn, there are things in the ice no mortal creature should uncover.

  • ...
1
 43
 428

PreviousChapters Next
C.M. Coxswain, ???

They’re loose. All of them, all at once. They’d been docile all this time, we didn’t even consider guarding them. If we had, we might have done something.

I saw Dr. Cloudstone. Could barely identify her. Those tentacle things were

Oh Celestia. I’m sorry, Sleekwing. I’m so sorry.

I don’t know what they are or what they’re doing. Rampaging. Some pegasi tried to flee, but we’re in the middle of the storm. It snatched most of them out of the sky instantly, like petals from a flower.

I’ve sealed myself in the captain’s quarters. It’s the only place I could get to in time. These creatures, our captain and former crewmates, they aren’t like that hideous thing. They can be killed. There were just too many.

I don’t think they’re very smart. They banged on the cabin door for a while, but eventually it’s like they forgot why and wandered off. I can still hear their steps, accompanied by that strange, sucking noise from their toothy tentacles.

But they keep banging. The walls. The floors. The ceiling.

Are they trying to rip the ship apart?

At least the ringing has stopped. And the sense of being watched.

Small comforts.

PreviousChapters Next