• Published 22nd Oct 2023
  • 430 Views, 43 Comments

The Gilderoy Expedition - PaulAsaran



When a griffon expedition goes missing in the Frozen North, the Crystal Empire answers the call. But as the crew of the Aurora Dawn will soon learn, there are things in the ice no mortal creature should uncover.

  • ...
1
 43
 430

PreviousChapters Next
C.M. Coxswain, ???

We have a plan.

The creature follows the nearest pony, no matter what. A pegasus can lure it back down to the ice via the same anchor chain it used to get up here in the first place. Then we raise the anchors.

This would be a lot easier if the anchoring bolts hadn’t come out of the ice again. If Tiny Bracket weren’t one of those hideous things she’d be cursing up a storm. Speaking of, we’ve been steadily drifting away from the expedition camp for a while now, moving closer and closer to the very real storm that never seems to weaken, at the edge of the glacier. We’ll have to raise the anchors, replace the bolts, lower and secure them again, then lure the thing off.

We tried one without the proper anchoring. It refused to go down the line. We hope it’s because the chain wasn’t taut enough to seem like a proper path. Only one way to find out.

I hear its hissing movements. Time to move again.

PreviousChapters Next