• Published 4th Oct 2023
  • 636 Views, 58 Comments

Why Do I Feel This Way - TheKing2001



When visiting an orphanage in Canterlot with friends, Moondancer realizes she actually cares about one of the fillies and hits the books to investigate.

  • ...
0
 58
 636

Chapter XV


Moondancer


She didn’t kill me, thankfully. I think that was the first time I’ve ever seen her blush as well when she woke up in my hooves with my muzzle a few inches away from the back of her neck.

“Uhm hi.”

“Good morning.”

“Could you uh please let me go?” Cotton Cloudy asked sheepishly as she shifted around in my hooves.

“Oh uh right!” I said hastily and let her go. I raised an eyebrow as she took a moment to move. “I let you go.”

“R-right!” Cotton Cloudy laughed nervously and flapped her wings to land next to blobs that I presumed were Twilight, Lemon Hearts, Minuette and Twinkleshine who all watched in amusement.

“Were you all just watching us sleep?” I demanded as I levitated my glasses on as the blobs at the table became ponies.

“Uh maybe?” Twinkleshine offered weakly as she sipped her coffee. “You two looked adorable. Be grateful Lyra wasn’t here.”

“For real,” Lemon Hearts chimed in. “She would have taken pictures.”

“But us?” Minuette giggled as she leaned in close till our muzzles pressed against each other. “We took mental photographs.”

“Oh great,” I said and rolled my eyes. “Better than actual photos.”

“Yep!”

I resisted the urge to slam my muzzle into the table as Cotton Cloudy examined the bookshelves. I almost asked if she should be in school when I remembered today was a Saturday morning.

“Find anything interesting?” I asked curiously as Twilight placed a coffee in front of me with a donut. “Thank you Twilight.”

“Yeah I found a few books,” Cotton Cloudy admitted as she lifted one up and dropped it in my hooves as I read the title, turning bright red.

How To Ask Out A Mare? I internally read and cursed in my head. May Celestia have mercy on me. If a filly could tell I had feelings Twilight, then she probably could too. Cotton Cloudy winked and gave me a mischievous smirk as I shoved the book into my bag. I could use that later actually.

“Hey, Twilight?” I said cautiously as Cotton Cloudy watched intently.

“Yes, Moondancer?”

“Wanna go hang out tonight?” I asked hopefully as Cotton Cloudy nodded approvingly. Lemon Hearts, Twinkleshine and Minuette shared a smirk as I gulped.

“Yeah sure. Why not?” Twilight commented and gave a shrug. “I’m always down to hang out with ponies from my past.”

I turned faintly red and mouthed thank you to the filly hovering behind me.

Cotton Cloudy smirked and gave a mock salute before settling down with a book next to me.

“Moondancer, let’s go for a walk,” Lemon Hearts suggested and I raised an eyebrow slightly. “You too Cotton Cloudy.” I opened my mouth to argue, but the look on Lemons face told me there was no real chance in the matter.

“Okay,” I sighed as she lead me outside with the filly above us.

“We will be back soon Twilight!” Lemon Hearts called out as she opened the door and ushered me out.

“Have fun!” Twilight called back as the door shut and the three of us stood on the door step. I was slightly nervous, mainly due to the serious expression on Lemons face.

“So uh what’s this about?” I asked curiously and a bit worried as I looked around. The sun had just came up about an hour ago based on it’s position in the sky.

“It’s about your cowardice towards the princess,” Cotton Cloudy said bluntly as I winced.

“I wouldn’t put it that way but I guess that works,” Lemon Hearts frowned slightly. “Be nice Cotton. So I have a confession, Moondancer. We did read your diary that time you had a sleepover with us at Twinkles house.”

“W-what?” I stammered nervously as I took a step back.

“We’re sorry,” Lemon Hearts said as her ears flattened against her head. “I was against it along with Minuette and Twinkleshine. But I can’t go on with you thinking we would quit being friends with you because you’re gay. We’re your friends, we don’t care who or what you like. You could like a tree and we would still be your friend.”

I inhaled a bit as we started walking and I felt Cotton Cloudys eyes locked on me.

“Really?” I asked quietly. Lemon Hearts rolled her eyes with an amused grin.

“Of course! Minuette is dating a mare as is Lyra for crying out loud. That should have told you everything. Besides,” Lemon Hearts smiled and pointed at the three hearts on her flank. “Telling when ponies have feelings for others is my special talent. I could tell immediately you liked Twilight. And of course, I planned on helping you confess to Twilight.”

“Wait,” I said and waved a hoof as I watched Cotton Cloudy land next to me. “Does that mean you could tell me if Twilight liked me back?”

“Oh dear Moondancer,” Lemon Hearts giggled as she covered her mouth with a hoof. “I can’t tell you something like that! Ruins the fun!”

“The fun?” I echoed in confusion.

“You know, the chase! The uncertainty of whether or not your feelings will be reciprocated and the end when you two agree to date for the first time!” Lemon Hearts gushed as Cotton Cloudy and I looked at each other.

“She’s going to be doing this for a while, isn’t she?” Cotton Cloudy asked in an unamused tone as I chuckled.

“I have a feeling she will, yes.”

Together, we stood there and watched Lemon Hearts continue her rant about true love and the ultimate reward. I internally hoped this conversation wouldn’t turn explicit for the fillies sake. And the other ponies walking down the street giving us weird looks.

“Hey Lemon,” I said and touched her flank.

“Yeah?” Lemon Hearts asked as she paused her speech.

“We should probably get back to the library. We’re uh being looked at.”

Lemon Hearts looked around with a growing blush as she took in the townponies giving her confused looks.

“It would appear we are yes,” Lemon Hearts said sheepishly. “You two go hang out, I’ll meet you at the library. I’m gonna go make a reservation for you and Twilight so you can confess your love!”

We watched her gallop off as I sighed.

At least she was calmer and more thought out than Lyra would plan this out.