• Published 4th Oct 2023
  • 636 Views, 58 Comments

Why Do I Feel This Way - TheKing2001



When visiting an orphanage in Canterlot with friends, Moondancer realizes she actually cares about one of the fillies and hits the books to investigate.

  • ...
0
 58
 636

Chapter XII


Moondancer


I stifled a yawn as we stepped off the train and I looked around curiously. I’ve never been to Ponyville and the others had told me stories about it being a super tight knit farm community and based on what I saw so far, I could verify one of those two claims.

Cotton Cloudy got off the train and went a different direction with her two guardponies as the town folk gave them curious looks. I was used to seeing the guards all over the place.

Lemon Hearts and I had talked to her a bit more. Naturally, the conversation was full of sarcastic, snippy borderline rude comments but I oddly found myself enjoying her quips and even returning a few of my own to the astonishment of the others.

I paused as a cream mate with two tone blue and pink curls approached us along with a mulberry colored mare with a raspberry mane.

“Lyra,” the cream colored mare said nervously as I stayed back with Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts. “Uh are you coming home?”

“Bon Bon. Yeah sure, I forgive you. Just don’t ever treat Trixie like that again or well, we will argue again,” Lyra said as the mare I presumed to be Bon Bon sighed.

“I understand. I tried to find Trixie to apologize, we all did but she’s just gone. Hey Minuette, hey Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine. Who’s the friend?” Bon Bon asked as Minuette scoffed and looked away. I never seen Minuette be upset about anything ever.

“Bon Bon, Moondancer. Moondancer, Bon Bon,” Lyra said and pointed at us. “There, everypony is acquainted.”

“Hey Minuette,” the mulberry mare said as I watched nervously. I didn’t really do confrontation often. “I’m really sorry. My own daughter is calling me a bully. Will you please come stay with me instead of getting a hotel.”

“Sorry Berry. I’m going to stay with Twilight,” Minuette said as Berry groaned. “Tell Ruby I said hi please.”

“Tell her yourself,” Berry said as a tiny unicorn peered out of her mane and I resisted the urge to squeal. Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine, on the other hoof, didn’t.

“Hey Ruby,” Minuette grinned and rubbed the fillies mane.

“Hey Minuette. I know mom was a bully,” Ruby said as Berry grimaced and looked away with Bon Bon. “But you should really forgive her. I have. I just like being the adult pony.”

“We will see. Now let’s go girls. I’m eager to see my friend. Oh and Berry Punch, meet Moondancer. Shes a friend from my filly hood along with Lyra,” Minuette gestured to me as Berry examined me before sticking out a hoof.

“Pleasure to meet you,” Berry said as I hesitantly reached out and shook her hoof.

“Uh likewise.”

“Hi Moondancer!” Ruby waved a tiny hoof as I smiled and waved back.

“Hi there.”

“Am I the only pony who feels awkward right now?” Twinkleshine whispered as I followed Lyra and Minuette off the platform. I idly noticed Bon Bon and Berry Punch following us but didn’t care.

“Nope I do too,” Lemon Hearts whispered back as I nodded my agreement. “Maybe we should have snuck away while they talked.”

“Maybe,” I agreed as Lyra slowed down to walk alongside us. “So where exactly does Twilight live? I expect a castle or something.”

“Castle?” Lyra snickered and hip bumped me. “You’ll like this. She lives in a library with Spike.”

My eyes must have widened because all the others laughed, Berry and Bon Bon included as I felt my cheeks burn.

“See, told ya she would like that. It’s full of books. Multiple rooms. And why would you think Twilight lives in a castle?” Minuette asked as she hid a giggled behind a hoof. “This is Twilight Sparkle we are talking about. She would never live in a castle.”

I forgot about that. While I didn’t get to entirely know Twilight as a filly, I knew she was more so modest than our other classmates were. Mainly Blueblood, but I didn’t see him thankfully often because he was always in the higher classes. Hated that stallion and I rarely hate anypony.

“Is Pinkie around?” Minuette asked curiously as I looked around the town curiously. All the houses pretty much looked the same except for a house that looked like a gingerbread house and weird looking white and purple building.

“Uh yeah I think she’s working the counter right now at Sugarcube Corner,” Berry said as Bon Bon gagged.

“What’s wrong with Sugarcube Corner?” I asked curiously as Lemon Hearts frantically slashed at her neck with a hoof.

“They’re the competition!” Bon Bon growled and slammed a hoof into the ground. “I run my own candy shop with Lyra. I had to work as a garbage pony to get some bits together for the shop. A garbage pony. And then Fluttershy covered me and Cherry Berry in garbage when she coulda just flew over us!”

Lyra placed a hoof on Bon Bons back as I stared at large tree house with a few bees flying around one of the branches. Bon Bon took a few breathes as Minuette knocked on the door. The door swung open and I stared into Twilight’s eyes nervously.

“Minuette, Lyra, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts!” Twilight shouted and hugged each mare quickly before gasping. “Moondancer? Oh my Celestia, you’ve actually came to Ponyville!”

I gasped for air as I felt Twilight hug me. I faintly made out the others laughing as I turned bright red.

“Air Twilight, air!” I managed to get out as Twilight gasped and let me go. I fell on my legs as I breathed.

“Sorry about that. I didn’t expect you girls to get here so fast,” Twilight said as she levitated me up. “Come on inside girls. Does Lyra, Berry and Twilight Time filly need to stay as well.”

“Nope,” Lyra said and smirked. “I’m going home, Berry and Minuette are taking a break. Maybe Ruby will go back home, who knows.”

“Nah I gotta get her home. She has school tomorrow,” Berry said and shook her head. Together, we watched the pair along with Lyra and Bon Bon disappear as Twilight dragged us all into her library and the door slammed shut.

“Twilight Time?” I asked in confusion as Twilight groaned.

“It’s these group of school fillies who are obsessed with me. Liza, Dinky, Noi, Boysenberry, Twist and a few others. It’s really complicated. I’ll explain tomorrow, you girls must be exhausted. Spike!” Twilight shouted as I examined her bookshelf. “Spike! Oh, I forgot he was helping out Golden Harvest today at the fields.”

She levitated multiple pillows and blankets out of closet and made a few beds on the floor, giving us sheepish smiles.

“Sorry I don’t have any spare beds. I wasn’t entirely expecting you girls to be here so fast,” Twilight said as Minuette hugged her.

“This is great Twilight. Let me brush my teeth and I’ll be back,” Minuette said as we watched her disappear into a bathroom.

I yawned and crawled under one of the makeshift beds, hoping Twilight didn’t catch my blush. Relax, Moondancer. I’m just sleeping a few feet from my crush. No biggie. I’ve done harder things.

Hopefully it was no biggie like I was telling myself.