• Published 16th Sep 2023
  • 262 Views, 0 Comments

Power Display - Futters2468



Grogar plans unleashing his darkness, however somepony from his past appearing, complicates things

  • ...
 0
 262

Chapter six: panic at the castle

Twilight was pacing around the throne room anxiously awaiting Spike her adopted dragon brother. He promised to bring by some important Papers. Her friends where decorating for the Gala the next night, this year being the last one before twilight takes the Throne.

"Don't worry sugarcube i'm sure he'll be here soon enough" Applejack and Rarity were decorating some tables, combining fashionable with practical.

"I know, but there have been multiple complaints reasently. Earth Ponys that blame unicorns for destroying their crobs, unicorns saying Pegasus have tried to steal their magic, Pegasus thinking the other two races are trying to destroy their wings. I was often forced to rid guards of their weapons because they were attacking other ponies just for their race!" The princess massaged her temples.

"I actually had a very weird experience on the market yesterday afternoon. Everypony looked at me weird for being a Pegasus, i overheard them saying a few very rude things, the owner of the Shop even threw my money down a well" Rainbow stopped immediatly

"And you didn't think of telling me? I would have kicked him to the moon"

"Don't worry i can handle it"

"Ugh you're right" the Pegasusses were flying around hanging up garnets.

"I also had to throw some cupcakes at a few meany pants, that were calling Mauds Rock collection 'a dumb Hobby, fitting for an earth pony' thankfully i had my Party canon at the ready!" Pinkie made six balloon animals in the span of a few seconds.

"Pinkie i swear to celestia if i have to pay another fine" Spike came in flying, before plumping on the ground completely exhausted.

"Chimeras... princess Luna... Note... important... riots"

Applejack put her hoove on his shoulder "wow calm down there Spike what happened"

"Princess Luna saw two chimeras! In the forest! She tried to keep it a secret, but a few ponies found out and now there are riots everywhere!" The mane six collectively let out an horrified gasp.

"T-two c-chimeras?" Fluttershy squeaked

"In the forest?" Rainbow asked

"Are you sure Luna wasn't actually just asleep and dreamt all that" Rarity was trying to keep the mood up.

"Maybe the chimera cloned itself and they both went to find a cure by zecora?" Pinkie did a better Job at lightning the mood.

"Everypony calm down! Spike can you tell me where it happened?"

"Sure right here very close to the edge of the forest" He pulled out a map.

"Good i will take care of this at once"

"And well help y-"

"No Rainbow you six need to finish decorating and somepony needs to calm the riots. It's just two chimeras i can simply cage them with my magic"

"But what if you get kidnapped by a bunch of Aliens?"

"I am pretty certain that won't happen pinkie"

"Haven't you learned how dangerous the everfree forest is yet? Princess or not you shouldn't go alone"

"I can do this Aj, trust me"

"Ugh fine"

"I hope i can trust you to take good care of the castle while i'm absent, during my reign i'll probably have to go to a lot of important meetings, knowing that i can count on my friends will help me a lot that includes you too spike"

Spike saluted, proud of his older sister "Do not worry twilight with an assistant as great as me we can easily conquer any riot"

"I wold have expected nothing less from my Nummer one royal advisor!"

Fluttershy flew towards twilight, giving her an hug "you can also count on us, just please be safe"

"I will, i promise"

The mane six said their goodbyes, if only they knew that they wouldn't see the real twilight for a long time to come.


Twilight was easily able to catch the two chimeras by surprise and with her magic she sealed them into a purple cage. Now all that was left to do was to bring them into tartarus, but first she wanted to now why there were suddenly two chimeras, maybe starswirl can help. Twilight squeaked at the idea to see her Idol again. Just as she was about to take off, she felt something grabbing her tail and pulling her down.

"Just where Do you think your going Twilight Sparkle?"