• Published 16th Sep 2023
  • 262 Views, 0 Comments

Power Display - Futters2468



Grogar plans unleashing his darkness, however somepony from his past appearing, complicates things

  • ...
 0
 262

Chapter twelve: a rams anger

When the three villains returned the first Thing they noticed was Grogar, who looked about ready to snap. His hooves were trembling, his eyes twitched and his horns were glowing with powerful magic. The only Thing he said as the three entered was.

"Shit" Cozy and Chrysalis have already seen the more unstable version of Grogar, even if it was for just a split second. Tirek however immediatly took a few steps back.

"Oh Golly you don't look so well Mister Grogar, i guess it would be for the best if we left you alone for the re-" Cozy suddenly felt a mysterious yellow light form around her body.

"SHUT UP; SHUT UP; SHUT UP!" Grogar pressed his hooves to his ears, he looked like he wanted to surpress something like an unwanted memory. Cozy did something unbelievable she didn't say anything.

"Could you maybe stop making Cozy glow like that it's blinding me" Chrysalis was still bitter about being send home like a child by twilight sparkle of all creatures.

"I SAID SHUT UP" The three were thrown against a wall full force. Tirek felt a sharp pain in his back and Chrysalis rubbed her aching forelegs. Theyre attention was however drawn to Grogar again, as he started to mumble an incantation of some sort and his horns lit up, literally fire was forming around his horns. in front of him a black orb started to form the shape of a heart. Cozy did not know what he was going to do but she knew it couldn't be good, Why? First of all because something that looked like that couldn't be good and second of all her two teammates jumped in front of her for some reason. The heart shaped hurt started to be big enough to fit in her chest, but then Grogar stopped his incantation, the black orb dissapeared and his horns stopped glowing entirely, so did the glow surrounding Cozys body.

"Just go- i need some time alone" That was the only thing he said, before returning to his originale position. The villains didn't say anything they just walked down the way towards their living spaces. Only when she was absolutely sure grogar couldn't hear her Cozy asked for a little clarifacation.

"So what was that all about?" Her two teammates exchanged a look. With nothing but their eyes both of them carried out a whole argument of who needed to tell Cozy about the spell.

You will tell her! Chrysalises eyes switched between Cozy and tirek.

Why? Are you afraid of telling her? Tirek raised his eyebrows.

I fear Nothing! But as the fillys mentor and father figure you're the one who should tell her She put her nose up, but kept her eyes on Tirek.

For the last time i am not her Father figure! He rolled his eyes.

"Would one of you please answer me!" Cozys annoyed voice brought her colleuges back to reality.

"Don't you dare talk to me in that voice!"

"Sorry Chrysalis i just have no idea what is going on and you two are acting very weird" The filly crossed her arms, clearly stressed

"Fine we can't dance around the issue much longer. Cozy me and Chrysalis found out how to activate the bell"

"But that's great!"

"Technically yes, but the spell is... special. To activate the bell we need to hit a pony in the heart with an incantation, that will cause the ponies heart to slowly turn into stone, whenever it uses it's special talent you know like pegasis flight or unicorns magic. if the heart fully turns to stone it will... die, but the bell won't give us it's power unless the inflicted pony dies because of another reason"

"O-oh... i understand now" A look of heartbroken realization took over Cozys face

"What do you understand now" Chrysalis didn't get an answer, instead Cozy turned around and started flying to her chamber.

"Don't you dare turn your back on me young Lady! i know that expression, do you really still think we would betray you? In fact it would be way more satysfying to see twilight realize she would lose one of her friends" a wicked smile formed across chrysalises face "That will teach her how to talk to the Queen of the changelings!" But to her suprise Cozy didn't smile, she just continued to fly to her room murmering one last Thing to her teammates.

"Goodnight" Then she entered her room and closed the door behind her.

"Well great job tirek now she's depressed"

"Like you were such a big help"

"Well i am going to go to sleep now, she's probably going to be back to normal tomorrow"

"Are you sure that after we just told her that Grogars planning to get rid of her?"

"Do you want to try comforting her again?"

"Ugh After a long rest is probably a better time to discuss a topic like this, but you saw how unstable he was tonight"

"Yes, we should find a good replacement soon, but that can wait"

"Fine goodnight then Queen Chrysalis"

"Night Lord Tirek"



Grogars Lair was completely silent, however that didn't mean that the inhabitants were all asleep, in fact all of them were wide awake. Grogar was desperatly trying to calm himself down again, he was able to tell that 'Twilight' was his long lost adopted daughter her magic aura was way too strong to belong to the Element of magic, also he still had the real Twilight locked in a magic ball. Cozy constantly thought about the fact that she was basically a sacrificial lamb, of course she knew that her comrades wouldn't do it, she wasn't stupid after all, still it hurt to think that the reason she was here wasn't because of her charming, smart, beautiful, talented nature, no the only reason she was currently sleeping in this bed was because Grogar needed her for his bell. Chrysalis personally had no idea why she was still awake, maybe it was because of that disgusting smell coming from Grogars room, it smelled like one of Tireks meal after he had let it out for a week just ten times worse. Tirek was rereading and rereading and rereading the spell, in hopes that his eyes might've decieved him eight whole times.

The silence was soon interupted by a knock on a rock near chrysalises room. "What!" Cozy stepped forward rubbing her eyes.

"Hello"

"Cozy? It's the middle of the night, well at least you had the decency to knock unlike a certain centaur"

"i know sorry, i just can't sleep"

"And you're here why? If you want me to tuck you into bed again you are surely mistaken that was a one time Thing"

"Well i just wanted to ask you if i could potentially sleep with you today?"

"No"

"Pretty please" Cozy did her famous puppy dog eyes

"You know those don't work on me"

"Ugh okay, it's just after everything Tirek told me i'm a little... scared to sleep in my own room for tonight it's located pretty close to Grogars."

"I am aware of the layout of this... skull thing, anyway i guess i could let you stay for the night, but just this once!" The filly immmediatly jumped towards her body, hugging chrysalis tight.

"Thank you so much Chrysal-"

"GET OFF ME YOU HEATHEN!" Cozy released her roommate.

"Sorry!"

"Just get to bed before i change my mind and should i catch you snoring i swear i will throw you out of my room!"

"Uh what bed?" Chrysalis remembered that she, unlike those peky ponies, didn't need the comfort of a bed to get her needed rest, one of the many reaons why changelings where the best species.

"Wait a minute" She flew into her teammates room stealing a mattress, a sunflower pillow and a pink flower blanket and carried over to her own room. "What is it with your kinds flower obsession!"

"Well flowers are pretty and smell good"

"Your taste is questionable"

"I could say the same for you, what creature likes bugs for breakfeast?"

"Watch your mouth, i could still change my mind"

"Fine i'll go to sle-" Cozy stopped dead in her tracks staring at something in the corner of the room.

"What!" the filly had noticed the drawing stolen from her childhood home. Cozy started to tear up.

"You, you kept one of my drawings?" the how, didn't seem to bother her.

"Clearly" Chrysalis said with a scowl "Now go to bed"

"Yes of course" She quickly wished away her tears and cuddled herself into her pillow. It only took a few moments before Cozy fell asleep, she didn't even layed her blanket over her. Chrysalis asked herself the same question she asked constantly, during her time in Canterlot how did ponies manage to survive for so long? Cozy could catch a cold. How could she beat up the mane six when she was sneezing all over the place? Normally Chrysalis would let her suffer the consequences of her carelessness, but for some reason she touched that disgusting piece of fabric and put it over Cozys small body. She was just about to go to sleep herself (or try to at least), however Chrysalis couldn't stop watching the pony. No wonder she could fool all those ponies so easily, she was truly one adorable filly, even Chrysalis had to admit that she was a little bit cute, all cuddled up and relaxed. Without realizing it she layed down besides Cozy examining her more up close. Then something unexpected happened Cozy nuzzled closer to her and even more surprisingly chrysalis let her, even when the filly buried her head deeper into chrysalises side she didn't move a muscle, instead she layed her wing over cozy and fell asleep.



"Chrysalis! Sorry for coming in without knocking! Please don't tear my head of-" Tirek was completely caught off guard by what he witnessed. His two teammates were peacfully sleeping, while cuddled close together, neither of them missing any limbs and cozy wasn't snoring for once! He wasn't sure if he should be worried or not impacted, either way he was feeling neither. Actually he found himself stepping closer to the two. Originally he came here to ask Chrysalis for something, but that could wait. Right now his interest was focused on the unconventionell situation in front of him. What in Tartarus did Cozy do to get so close to Chrysalis of all creatures, without losing her wings and how tired was Chrysalis to fall asleep in such a position? Now they did look kinda... sweet and cozy (no pun intended), maybe it was because of that mattress ponies are known for being masters in making things comftarble, perhaps if he laid down there as well he could finally get some sleep. Surely they wouldn't mind. So he carefully sat down besides them, they were so close together, even for his admirable size was enough room. It only took two minutes before he too fell asleep.