• Published 16th Sep 2023
  • 261 Views, 0 Comments

Power Display - Futters2468



Grogar plans unleashing his darkness, however somepony from his past appearing, complicates things

  • ...
 0
 261

Chapter one: a not so cozy nightmare

Cozy could imagine herself in many situations: sitting on a Throne, people bowing down to her, finally beating and imprisonating her ex- teachers, wachting twilight beg her for mercy, but being chained in the catacommbs of her old school, while watching that previous mentioned princess talking to a Zebra wasn't one.

"Are you sure that grogar is back? Your reasoning does lack"

"I told you already zecora i know what i saw" the closer cozy paid attention to the alicorn the more strange she looked. Twilights body glowed, her expression looked tired and resentful, she watched the Zebra carefully, flinching whenever it moved a little faster like Zecora would pull out a sword and fight her.

"I know, yet are you sure what you're about to do is right, i don't want to risk causing anypony a fright"

"I will do what's best for our World i can't take losing somecreature else to that monster. So will you help me?" The princesses expression softened, as she put a hoof on zecoras shoulder.

"Fine"

"Thank you Zecora now go we can't loose anymore ti-" suddenly twilight flinched her eyes closed and her theeth were pressed together. Cozy was confused for a moment until her surroundings changed to a black void. She was still chained, this time even more.

The silence was soon broken by a loud and manical laughter. A blue goat appeared clearly taking pleasure from the fillys current state.

"Oh golly hello mister grogar! Could you maybe help me?" She put on the sweetest smile she could muster.

"Oh quit the act already you don't need to pretend around me, i know who you really are"

"An incredibly cute, talented, smart,charming, evil villain that almost sucked out all the magic of Equestria?"

"A child" a cold shudder went over her back.

"Yes, you may appear to be a ruthless criminal, but i quickly realized that you were just playing a character to hide you're real identity."

"I-i don't think i follow"

"Face it you're nothing more than an helpless, scared filly with no parents, no family, no place to call home. You had nothing, until i brought you here! I gave you a home! I gave you a family!"

"we're just teammates"

"Still i gave you everything!" With every Word cozy felt the ground she was standing on to shake, while the goat moved closer and closer. "You honestly think that after you defeat me they're going to stick around? They'll grow tired and leave you all alone!"

"No they won't i just know it!" The Pegasus tried to hide her scaredness behind a loud voice.

"And what makes you so sure?"

"I-i" her voice sank as she started to shake, unable to conceal her fear anymore.

"They find you annoying, not worth their precious time. You're a Problem, a little brat making everyones life miserable. You aren't even powerful enough to aid in battle, in fact i don't even know why i kept you instead of sombra. Sure, you're pretty manipulative but so are chrysalis and Tirek. Face it you're fate lies in my hands! Without me you're nothing!"

Cozy covered her ears "Stop! Please!"

"Go ahead deny the truth! You will realize it eventually maybe too late." With that everything went silent again, with only a few sobs being able to be heard.


Meanwhile chrysalis was in a cacoon peacfully sleeping, when a loud knock woke her up. The sudden noise made her jump out attack ready.

"WHO DARES DISTURB THE QUEEN!" She immediatly came down from the wall, when she noticed the red centaur standing at the door. "What in- Tirek?"

"Do you really have to be so loud at three in the morning? You could have woken up that annoying goat!"

"Do you have to come knocking on my door at this time? Ugh this better be important or i'm going to make you take a bath in that swamp water!"

"Of course it's important! I would still be sleeping if it wasn't!" He stopped for a second rubbing his neck before continuing "so cozy had a nightmare, a really bad one she won't tell me what happened or she was crying and i'm not really good at comforting so i decided it would be best to ask the one with experience in having children" an awkward silence broke out, neither knowing how to break the tension.

"Are-are you asking me for parenting advice?" The changeling held back from laughing. "I'd have never expected this from you" eventough she truly tried not to, chrysalis couldn't help cackeling at the idea of Tirek acting as a father towards Cozy.

The centaurs face got even redder than it normally was "I am not!" He tried thinking of a good comeback "Well in that case you would be her mother" his roommate stopped.

"What do you mean by that Lord Tirek?" There was a clearly threatening undertone to her voice. "Don't think i didn't see you helping her up with your cheese legs and if me acting close with her one or two Times warrants giving me the title of father, should that little act warrant you the title of mother!"

"First of all don't you dare call my legs cheese legs!" She flew up to his face dangerously close "second of all i'm not the one knocking on somecreatures door asking for advice how to help comfort a filly after a nigthmare!" Tirek didn't know how to respond to that, however admitting defeat was out of question.

"You would be a terrible mother anyways, proven by your changelings betrayal!"

"Oh you really don't wanna go there"

"What if i do?"

"Only if you wish to suffer a slow and painful death" her horn lit up, so did Tireks horns. They were just about to fire blasts at eachother, when a ridicoulous high pitch scream followed by the sound of glass shattering echoed trough the hideout.

"Cozy?" The two villains ran to the orign of the sounds to find an heavy breathing grogar looking at a whimpering cozy, who curled herself up like a ball, glass shards lying next to her.

"You fool! Do you know how much that Vase cost me? It was ireplacable!"

"I-i'm sorry mister grogar, i'm so sorry- i didn't want to destroy it!"

"What you wanted to do doesn't matter anymore, because you did, now you're going to clean it up! Here use this and don't wake me up again!" Chrysalis felt the intense urge to jump out of her hiding place a look at her teammate showed he shared her feeling, clenching his fist to surpress it.

"Y-yes right away" the goat dissapeared into his own room grumbling about something along the way. After he was gone the two finally build up enough courage to walk towards their co-worker.

The filly only gave them a quick glance, before ressuming to clean up the glass shards with a broom. Without saying another Word chrysalis picked the broom up with her magic and continued to clean for the pony, while Tirek picked up cozy looking for any possible injuries and picking out some glass shards that got caught up in her mane. Then he placed her back onto the floor, deciding to help the changeling get rid of the mess.

"Thanks?" Cozy was confused by the weirdly helpful nature of the two, which she would normally joke about but was currently just thankful for. Together they were done within only minutes, making the filly remember her dream, maybe they really don't need her...

"Are you okay?" The words sounded so wrong coming out of the mouth of a former queen, especially out of chrysalises.

"Why of course i am" Tirek was used seeing cozy put on her cute filly deemeaner, so he could immediately tell she was lying, so could chrysalis.

"Listen child lying about it won't make you feel better, just tell us what happened and we can help you understand?" The centaur was astonished at how calm and collected chrysalis sounded, she may still had her usual aggressiv undertone mixed in there, but tried to hide it as best as she could.

"Golly i would never li-"

"Cozy!"

"Fine i'll tell you if" the filly made a dramatic pause grinning like a little devil.

"If what?" There was the aggressiv undertone again.

"If you both tuck me into bed and read me a bedtime Story"

Tirek finally opened his mouth "are you serious?"

"As serious as can be"

"Not a word to this to anypony else or i will drain you dry" He mangled with himself a lot before saying that sentence.

"I wouldn't dream of it" Cozy flew over to her bed picking out a book awaiting her two older roommates.

"You tuck her in i'll read whatever dumb fairytale she picked up" this time around the changeling was pleasantly surprised by the centaur, he might even almost be as good at taking charge as she was, emphasize on the Word almost.

"Wait a second there don't you want to tell us something first?" The little pink filly flinched at rememembering the Deal.

"Maybe tomorrow? I'm really tired right now" she yawned so realisticly, she should really think of an acting career if the whole super villain Thing doesn't work out.

"Ugh fine but don't you dare try to trick us, you wouldn't believe what kind of excuses my changeling army had if they failed to do something"

"Pinky promise now can you read me my story and tuck me in my hoofs are getting cold!"

"Yeah, Yeah already there" Chrysalis flew over to the filly putting the blanket over her rather clumsly, her many changelings were always able to just go into there cacoons and sleep peacfully. "Goodnight you little demon" she awkwardly patted cozys head, before immediately flying out of the room. Leaving a helpless Tirek behind.

"Thanks for that awesome help by the way really appreciated it! Ugh okay what Story did yo-" He didn't get to finish his sentence, because the book was being shoved into his face "Ok, Ok i know i may not be the youngest but i am still able to see! Hmm the tale of... Gusty the great? Does-does he know you have that? Is that what happened?"

"Not exactly and it's part one anyway he appears first in Band six. I'm trying to find out more about him, so i figured this is the best way to do so. I got them as a present from- that's not important right now, but never had time to actually read them."

"Well i remember the sixth book fondly from my own childhood, especially the battle between gusty and the father of monsters, yet i two never read the other five... this might be interesting let's start" they ended up reading trough the entire book that night, which sounded more excessive than it actually was the Tales of gusty the great were as short as any other fairytale just with one or two more chapters easily done within a half hour, but it worked it's Job of getting cozy to fall asleep.

"Are you finally done?" Chrysalis, who had been listening the entire time peeked into the room.

"There you are i thougt you had left me alone"

"That was the plan, but i heard you talking about gusty and i happen to also be interested in that pony, maybe the books are in pocession of some Tips for defeating grogar"

"Maybe you should ask cozy to give you her books? Having a Hobby besides talking to a log might help your sanity a little bit?" Both of them unitentinally started walking towards their living spaces.

"Maybe if you instead of annoying me spend more time around those weights of yours you could regain your previous size faster"

"Or i could just drain your magic again"

"Then i would just drain you of your love" finally they reached the part where their ways parted

"Anyway goodnight Lord Tirek"

"Goodnight Queen Chrysalis oh and you might not be such a bad mother after all" the last part he almost just said in his head.

"What?"

"Nothing bye" He closed his door

"Your not such a bad father either" she also closed her door and everything got quiet again.