• Published 7th Sep 2023
  • 832 Views, 55 Comments

Ratchet, Clank, And Spike: Journey Through The Galaxy - dragonfan101



Spike is transported to another galaxy alone, he is found and taken in by a Lombax called Ratchet, and after they meet a small robot called Clank, they go through adventures that save the universe

  • ...
1
 55
 832

17: Planet Oltanis And Some Shocking News

The three headed down to the planet to find anything that could be useful, the planet from the atmosphere looked dark and grey, when they landed they were greeted with a destroyed city that was being hit with a thunderstorm right now.

As soon as they got out though, a lightning bolt suddenly came to them and hit Clank and he fell to the ground.
"Clank!" Spike shouted with worry as they came to check on him.
"Clank? Clank? Come on wake up!" Ratchet said with worry and Clank opened his eyes.
"Captain Qwark?" Clank asked and they groaned at that.

"No buddy, it's us Spike and Ratchet." Spike said as they helped him up.
"What happened?" Clank asked confused.
"You got toasted by lightning, this place is having one heck of a storm." Ratchet explained while they looked around.
"It's most likely because of the Blargs and the fact that they destroyed anything important to contain such things." Spike suggested.
"Spike's right, you won't be safe out there, we'll be right back." Ratchet said as he put Clank into the ship.
"Don't worry Clank, leave it to us!" Spike said as the hatch closed and the two started to walk off.

"So it's just us for this one huh?" Spike asked.
"Yep, let's try to find anything that could help us." Ratchet suggested as they moved on.

They went down a platform and went through a destroyed city, this place looked like it would've been nice to be at if it wasn't destroyed so mercilessly, Spike felt his anger bottle up inside him, Drek was doing this for his selfish reasons and not for the people, Spike swears when he finds him he will make him regret all he's done.

The two hit up a taxi car and floated over to another area, the two had to carefully avoid search lights while making they're way through, the wind was really strong and it made things a little difficult, they swingshot their way up to the next platform and continued moving, they had to avoid more search lights and make their way to a floating platform and use their swingshot to make they're way around more.

"man, i feel it would be easier if Clank was here." Spike said as they continued.
"Tell me about it, this storm would mess him up if he did though, let's just get through this as quickly as possible." Ratchet told him.
"Agreed." Spike replied as they moved on more.

They made they're way through another room of search lights and had to destroy a turret that was shooting bullets at them, they then had to use their swingshot again to make they're way around more, the two then took care of more enemy's and landed on a platform and found a weapon of sorts.
"What's this?" Spike asked looking at it. Ratchet recognized it.

"Oh i've seen this on tv before! This is the Morph-o ray! it's said to turn most small foes into small chickens leaving them defenseless." Ratchet explained and Spike looked confused.
"How do they make things like these?" Spike asked.
"I don't know, but we'd best not leave it around for someone else to find" Ratchet said as he put it away.
"Let's just see if there's anything else to find." Spike suggested, Ratchet agreed to that and they headed off again.

They took a grind rail back to the ship and this time they went forward into the ruined city, they had to fight they're way through more enemy's again, Spike used the RYNO to take care of most of them, Ratchet used the new weapon and turned a lot of robots into chickens, Spike was just dumbfounded on how people can come up with these things as they continued.

They took down some ships that threw bombs at them, and they fought through robots that came out of hatches on the ground, Spike could hardly believe this was real to him still, he never pictured himself fighting alien robots and going to different planets to save the galaxy from a corrupt chairmen, Spike wonders what his life would be in other worlds...

Next they got on a grind rail and had to make they're way through some obstacles, Spike was just a few feet behind Ratchet as they went through, robots appeared from behind and attempted to take them down.
"These guys just don't give up do they?" spike asked annoyed.
"Nope, let's just get to the end of this thing!" Ratchet said as they continued.

Spike and Ratchet had to lure some of the robots into electric gates which destroyed some of them, Spike used his blades to slice down any mines that were thrown at them, they hoped from rail to rail to avoid falling into an abyss, soon though they were able to reach the end and jumped off the rails and landed on the ground.

"That was sweet!" Ratchet said as they fist bumped eachother.
"I'll admit, that was pretty fun, hope we can do it without killer robots next time." Spike said chuckling a little.
"Yeah me too." Ratchet agreed as they walked forward, they soon came upon a store owner who looked like he was crazy.

"Hey hey, welcome to my shop! What can i get you?" He asked while screaming.
"The explosions must have messed up his hearing." Spike told him and Ratchet nodded at that.
"We're looking for Drek!" Ratchet said as he tried to be loud and Spike chuckled at that.

"Sure sure yeah, i've got lots of things on sale! after the bombing, no one is around to buy anything!" He told them.
"We can see that!" Spike shouted.
"Low prices? Oh you bet! i got this info bot!" He said while he held out another one.
"How many of these things do we need?" Spike asked and Ratchet shook his head.

Ratchet payed the guy 2k bolts for it and he handed them the bot.
"Well that's about it for me!" He told them, Ratchet was about to say something but Spike decided not do so, they just gave a thumbs up and walked away, and looked at the bot.

"Afraid to go out at night? Afraid to go out of day?" A voice asked as we see a scientist scarred by two creatures.
"Then you need this! the ultra mech unlimited! this is the ultimate personal defense system!" the voice says as we see a huge robot looking around.

"Blarg industries is taking pre orders, get yours before it's to late." The voice says as the robots shoots two scientists with a missile and the video ended.

"There might be something interesting at the planet that was in that video." Spike suggested.
"Now that's what i call serious firepower! There might be something good for us there." Ratchet said as he put it away,.
"Let's see if there's anything left for us to find, then we'll head back to the ship." Spike suggested, Ratchet agreed to that and they headed off again.

This time when they got back to the split path, Spike and Ratchet used the metal vent shaft that was to their left, they used it to make they're way upside down and pressed down on a platform and they went to another place. when the platform stopped they had to make they're way through an icy path while avoiding heavy winds from being blown off.

"This storm attack messed things up here!" Spike said annoyed as they continued forward.
"Let's just see what's at the end of this thing!" Ratchet shouted as they kept moving forward, they had to make they're way through another metal vent shaft again and they then had to skate they're way through more icy paths, Spike used his Robotic wings in order to hover over large gaps and help they cut corners at much faster pastes.

"Glad to see you can use those in some places." Ratchet told him as they moved along.
"Me too, wonder if these will be improved in the future." Spike told him as they continued again. it was a tough way through this last part, after they had to hang on a ledge and make they're way to the side of the place, they slid down another icy path while jumping over some electric gates, and they soon found a Gadgetron stand run by.. Qwark?!

"Captain Qwark!" Ratchet said pointing at him.
"How do you look unscaved from that ship crash?!" Spike asked shocked that he looked completely fine.
"Where?" He asked pretending he doesn't know them.

"Come on Qwark we know it's you!" Ratchet told him with Spike nodding in agreement.
"Uh, my name isn't Qwark it's, Steve!" Qwark told them and they shook they're heads.
"Look, Steve, we need to know where Drek is before it's to late!" Ratchet told him.
"He could be out destroying another planet at this moment!" Spike said annoyed.

"Did you say, too late? Sirs, it is never to late to acquire the latest long line of products Gadgetron, i have for you two, today only, this Gadgetron PDA." Qwark said reading a note while he pulled out a device.
"Public display affection?" Ratchet asked and Spike laughed at that and he high fived him.

"No no, personal delivery assistant! this device allows you two to purchase ammunition wherever and whenever you want it." Qwark explained and Spike raised his eye.
"Yeah? How do we know it works?" Ratchet asked
"How do we know this isn't some sort of bomb device that will explode when we press the button?" Spike asked as well.

"You can always trust Gadgetron quality! for my names not.. Steve.." Qwark said as his antenna went down and Spike just felt bad for him, they both decided it could be helpful and bought it.

" Thank you and have a Qwarktastic day!" he told them.
"What'd you say?" Ratchet asked.
"Uh.. nothing." Qwark told them and Spike sighed.

"Look Qwark, we know it's you, stop pretending, why are you doing this?" Spike asked as he had Ratchet go to the ship so they can talk, Ratchet was hesitant but trusted Spike enough with it, Qwark looked down sadly.
"I'm trying to make a living here kid, after i failed the deal Drek made with me is done with." Qwark told him.

"Why did you go with him? Didn't being a hero already give you fame and money? How much more could he have offered?" Spike asked.
"Kid, he offered me to be the spokesperson of his new planet, it would have been huge if i was." Qwark explained and Spike sighed.

"Qwark, have you ever thought about anyone but yourself? have you ever thought about the people they saved and how grateful they are for having someone who was willing to save them? Did you ever try to put your ego aside and just try to be selfless?" Spike asked all at once, Qwark looked down sadly.
"No.." He answered and Spike sighed sadly.

"Imagine it this way Qwark, there was someone willing to fight against people who would do really bad things, imagine how those people felt if that person turned against them and teamed up with them? what you are feeling right now, this is what they would feel as well." Spike explained.
"Why would i want to fight something i can't win?" He asked.
"Because no matter what a hero does, if he can't win the fight or not, he'll go down with honor, you had that chance, i'm really sad that you didn't take it, even if you did help us with this, you could have had more honor then.. this." Spike said as he pointed at the stable, Qwark looked around and remembered what it was like when he was the hero, but he never was a hero for the people, but for himself.

"Look kid, there's something important you should know." Qwark told him.
"What is is?" Spike asked concerned.

"While i was um.. doing my business with Drek, there was a recent planet discovered." Qwark told him and Spike looked interested.
"Was it unmarked?" Spike asked.
"Yeah, we discovered it's name was Equis, or Equestria as the inhabitants called, it, it's in the orbit Drek wants to have his planet in and he wants to.. destroy it." Qwark explained and Spike's eyes shrunk and he growled with fury, any anger he felt boiled up within him, could not compare to the anger he felt now.

" WHAT?!?!?!" Spike shouted with pure fury and Qwark stumbled back, Spike couldn't believe it, his home, HIS family, was in danger from Drek, Spike never felt more anger for anyone or anything in his whole life, Spike looked at Qwark dead in the eyes.
"WHERE IS IT?!?!" Spike asked with anger and Qwark cowered before him.
"T... There's an info bot that has the coordinates on Planet Quartu! If you want to save it, you need to head there!" Qwark said scarred.
" Good! Thank you for letting me know this, hope you see this as an opportunity to better yourself, now i' gotta save my home." Spike said as he went to the platform.
"Uh.. yeah, good luck!" Qwark said still scared as he went off.

Spike went back to the ship and Ratchet and Spike noticed Spike was angry.
"Spike? what's wrong?" Ratchet asked with worry.
"Drek's found my home planet, it's the one he's trying to destroy!" Spike said with anger and Ratchet looked shocked at this.
"What?!" Ratchet and Clank said with shock.

"How do we get to that planet?" Clank asked worried.
"There's an info bot with the coordinates on the next planet from the one we found in the city, we need to go now!" Spike said as he took the pilots seat.

"You sure you can fly this thing?" Ratchet asked as he got in as well.
" From the experience i've had with you, this could definitely help, let's go!" Spike said as he started the thing and took off at fast speeds, he never felt more anger in his life, he would make drek PAY for what he's doing, no one messes with his friends.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you liked this new chapter! I know you have to get that robot disguise to go into the facility and stuff on the next planet, but with the tech Spike has, he can make short work of it, he's basically a speed runner if you've seen those videos before, i know it may be out of character for Qwark at the moment to tell him this, but i feel like Spike could at least encourage him to do a little bit better, so i may not do the Gadgetron planet in this story given the stakes that are at right now, but i might do something similar after the story, who knows.

Thank you all for reading this chapter again and see you next time.