• Published 7th Sep 2023
  • 832 Views, 55 Comments

Ratchet, Clank, And Spike: Journey Through The Galaxy - dragonfan101



Spike is transported to another galaxy alone, he is found and taken in by a Lombax called Ratchet, and after they meet a small robot called Clank, they go through adventures that save the universe

  • ...
1
 55
 832

4: The Rest Of Metropolis

Spike, Ratchet and Clank had continued to fight they're way through more enemies, the new blades and robot wings Spike got were quickly able to be adapted, the wings helped him glide in the air for a short time, and the blades could pretty much cut through anything, it basically one shots most of the foes he's faced.

"Things things are overpowered." Spike said as he cut through another robot destroying it.
"It is fascinating on what they are made off, the metal is of unknown origin, they may have been something from another galaxy." Clank suggested as Ratchet shot down another robot dog.
"Yeah, whoever must have left them might have had some kind of vision of the future or something" Ratchet said as he and Spike both sliced down a final robot destroying it.

"The real question is who though?" Spike asked as they all continued moving forward.
"I must admit it is rather strange on those blades just being found by Al and being specifically made for you" Clank said as they continued walking.
"Yeah, who do you think could have left them there?" Ratchet asked as they went near a train.
"We'll find out sooner or later that's for sure, lets focus on the main thing in stopping Drek first" Spike said as they all agreed and continued running forward.

They fought through some more robots like usual, they then hopped onto the train and it began to move, more robots were on the further parts of it, so Spike and Ratchet easily destroyed them, the train then stopped and a Info bot they saw was moving ahead from them.

"Hey!" Spike said as they chased after it.
"These things probably won't always be easy to catch that's for sure" Ratchet said as they took out a bomber and they finally caught up with it, it then opened a screen and proceeded to show them a video.

We see a robot commander on another planet.
"Greetings executive chairmen Drek" The robot says saluting him.
"My sources tell my you are behind schedule" Drek says upset" you must prepare this planet to be harvested for world!" Drek orders.
"Yes sir, as you can see everything is moving along as planned." He says as a robot accidently destroys the one next to it instead of hitting the tree.
"I'm counting on you lieutenant, and as your former commander could tell you, i don't take disappointments kindly" Drek says as the robot looks scarred.
"Yes sir, i won't fail" The robot says saluting once again

"Drek is destroying yet another planet" Clank says as the info bot goes into a container.
"We still have to go to Aridia first though" Spike said as they still have to find Skid.
"Yeah, Spike's right, once that's done we can head over there and take out that lieutenant ourselves" Ratchet said as he knows they can handle him. Clank then thinks about it and sighs.
"Alright, there's still one more area of this planet we need to explore first" Clank says as he gets on Ratchet\s back.
"Don't worry with the stuff we have now, i'm sure it won't be a problem" Spike assures as they head down an elevator leading back to the split path.

They then went left this time and see what looks like an obstacle course, a robot speaker that looks like Qwark told them they need to reach the third island to complete it and it disregards that they are not responsible if they die, Clank however thought it was the real Qwark.

"Excuse me Captain, but we have more pressing issues, we urgently need you assistance." Clank says looking up at the robot, Spike and Ratchet look at eachother and smirk.

"Clank?" Ratchet asks.
"Yes?" Clank asks looking at them.
"Do you notice anything unusual about Captain Qwark?" Spike asks with a smug smile
"Well I find the fact that he has a spring where his legs should be to be quite puzzling" Clank says as he looks at the robot again.
"And why do you think that is?" Ratchet asks with Spike chuckling a little
"Possibly an injury occurred while battling evil?" Clank suggests and Ratchet and Spike burst out laughing at him
"What?" Clank asks upset
"This isn't the real Captain Qwark you numbskull! It's a robot!" Ratchet says still laughing.
"How could you not tell a robot from someone who is a robot?! That's hilarious!!" Spike says laughing hard.
"Oh.." Clank says as he now realizes it's a robot.

Spike and Ratchet soon calm down and they look at the course.
"I think i should try this out, with the parkour i've been taught in the last couple weeks i think i can handle this" Spike suggests as he recalled Ratchet designing some obstacle courses for him to train and escape from certain situations.
"You sure about this buddy? You could get really hurt!" Ratchet says worried with clank looking concerned as well.
"Don't worry, with that you've taught me so far i think i can handle this." Spike says, Ratchet thinks about it and nods,
"Okay, please be careful Spike" Ratchet says with worry and Spike nods as he steps forward.

Spike proceeded to run straight through all his obstacles, he jumped over some walls and wall jumped upwards really fast, he reached the top of the first obstacle in less then a minute, he used his omni wrench and railed down to the second island, he then moved his way upwards some moving grounds and walls as fast as he could, he never fell off once, Spike wall jumped moving walls one more time and he grind rails to the third island and he meets up with the person the Qwark Robot told him to, and she looked presently surprised.

"Huh? I must admit i wasn't expecting something like that from a small guy like you" She says still surprised.
"I've been in situations like these before, and i had some practice myself, i know it probably wasn't the best way to finish it but it's done none the less." Spike says as he walks up to her.
"Yes, it was a little weak, but it wasn't the most pathetic thing i have ever seen, i doubt your friend would have done better though" She tells him.
"Win some you lose some, so we were told something about a prize?" Spike asks
"Oh yes!" She remembers as she hands him two devices.

"These are called Swingshots, they allow you to grab onto floating orbs like those ones over there and fly across them" She explains while pointing at a nearby green orb.
"Sweet, these will definitely come in handy!" Spike says as she gives them to him, Spike attaches it to his wrist and puts the other one away.
"You have room for improvement, but your friend i doubt can pull it off, " She says a little disgusted as she thinks of that.
"No ones great at everything" Spike says as he starts to walk off.
"I can see why Qwark has taken an interested in you, but i'm not sure about your friends" She says looking at him.
"Qwark knows about us?" Spike asks confused
"Oh yeah, he's heard about you two knocking down Drek's robots." She tells him
"Someone has to be able to help out right? We don't see Qwark going around stopping them do we?" Spike asks as he doesn't think Qwark is that heroic. She simply shakes her head and starts to walk off, Spike says one more thing

"Thank you for these, they will definitely help." Spike says as he looks back, she nods with a smile and gets on a taxi car and flies off.
"That could have gone better, but it also could have been worse" Spike thinks as he heads back.

He uses the Swingshot and is able to swing off the orbs like what he was told, it was pretty fun not gonna lie, he soon finally made his way back to Ratchet.
"Great going there Spike! I'm really glad your alright." Ratchet says happy as he walks up to him.
"I must admit that was rather impressive" Clank tells him, Spike then gives Ratchet the Swingshot and tells him what it is for.

"Sweet! I bet Captain Qwark uses stuff like this all the time!" Ratchet says as he puts it on.
"Well now that that's done, we have a certain hoverboarder to rescue right?" Spike asks, they all nod and head back to the ship, they set the Coordinates for Aridia, while they were flying Spike takes one more look at his blades.

"Who made these? And why are they for me specifically?" Spike thinks to himself as they continue to fly off.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you liked this new chapter! Sorry if it's been a bit since my last update i was working on another story as well, i know some might be a little divided on the fitness trainer just giving Spike the Swingshots instead of having him pay for them, but honestly she wasn't really that likeable and i wanted to tweak her character so it is more likeable. The mystery of who left behind Spike's blades is set and i hope you look forward to finding out! Hope you look forward to more and I'll see you next time!