• Published 20th Dec 2023
  • 178 Views, 0 Comments

The Alicorns that saved Christmas - Robert Emerald Fountain



Twilight and Flurry Heart get summoned to save Christmas when an important reindeer falls ill.

  • ...
 0
 178

Holding back the Snowstorm

After Twilight and Flurry had put their coats and scarves back on, they rushed outside and charged up their horns. As soon as they were ready, they fired off two beams that converged and pierced a large hole through the snowstorm.

"GO!", Flurry shouted over the howling wind as Santa and his reindeer charged out into the night.

Once the sleigh was airborne, Twilight and Flurry spread their wings and flew alongside to make sure their gap in the blizzard would not close up. After six minutes in flight, the snowstorm began to thin out and Twilight waved to Flurry that they could stop casting their magic. Flurry waved back and they eased off until their horns were no longer glowing.

"Stay with my son until we get back.", called Blitzen as Santa flew further into the night sky.

Twilight and Flurry acknowledged Blitzen's request and they flew back to Santa's castle to keep Rudolph company. In order to make sure they didn't catch the cold, they put their face masks back on over their muzzles.

"Did they make it?", asked Rudolph before he sneezed.

"Yes, we held back the snowstorm long enough for Santa to get clear.", said Twilight.

"Here, drink this. It will help you get better.", said Flurry as she poured a small cup of cold medicine.

Rudolph nodded and drank up the syrup. Knowing that cold medicine would make the one taking it feel sleepy, he laid down and closed his eyes. Santa and the reindeer arrived back at the North Pole seven hours later as the snowstorm subsided.

"How is he doing?", asked Blitzen.

"He's sleeping right now. We gave him some cold medicine.", whispered Twilight.

"I understand. Thank you.", said Blitzen.

"I cannot thank you enough for helping us get through the snowstorm. This orb will transport you home.", said Santa as he pulled out a glowing white ball.

Twilight nodded and took the orb. She and Flurry touched the orb and closed their eyes in concentration on going home to Equestria. The orb flashed and the energy enveloped them. Before they had vanished completely, all of the reindeer called out to them.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!", they yelled.

Twilight and Flurry opened their eyes for a second and smiled at the reindeer. Then their vision became fuzzy and they shut their eyes again.