• Published 20th Dec 2023
  • 177 Views, 0 Comments

The Alicorns that saved Christmas - Robert Emerald Fountain



Twilight and Flurry Heart get summoned to save Christmas when an important reindeer falls ill.

  • ...
 0
 177

Meeting Santa and the Reindeer

When the swirling stopped, Twilight and Flurry found themselves standing in a raging blizzard when they opened their eyes. However, they were able to identify a large castle joined to a series of stables off to one side. They made a run for the large castle so they could get inside before they froze. Once inside, they were met by a large person dressed completely in red. He looked worried.

"I see someone got my letter for help. My name is Santa Claus.", said the man as he shook with Twilight and Flurry.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle. This is my niece, Flurry Heart. We're from the land of Equestria.", said Twilight.

"What seems to be the problem you're having, Santa?", asked Flurry Heart.

"Didn't you see how bad the weather is outside? I won't be able to get through it in order to deliver all of the presents to the children this Christmas.", said Santa.

Twilight and Flurry followed Santa to where the sleigh and the reindeer were. However, they only counted eight reindeer.

"Let's see. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen are all here. Where's Rudolph?", asked Flurry.

"Come with me. I'll take you to him.", said Blitzen after Santa unhooked his harness.

As Blitzen led Twilight and Flurry to Rudolph's stall in the stables, he told them to put masks on for their own safety. Twilight's eyes went large and Flurry put a hoof over her mouth when they saw poor Rudolph, because he did not look too swift. His eyelids were droopy, he had a thermometer in his mouth, he had ice on his head, he was wrapped in a blanket, and he was constantly coughing and sneezing.

"Hi Dad.", said Rudolph after he blew his nose and took the thermometer out of his mouth.

"How are you feeling, son? Any better?", asked Blitzen.

"I think so, but not enough to be able to lead Santa's sleigh this Christmas Eve.", said Rudolph sadly.

"My goodness! You have a cold.", said Twilight.

"I woke up sneezing my head off two days ago. With my nose all stuffy, it can't provide the bright glow that Santa needs in order to break through tonight's blizzard.", explained Rudolph between coughs.

"Poor thing. I'm sorry that you have a cold, but Aunt Twilight and I will pray that you get feeling better.", said Flurry as she gave Rudolph a hug.

After hooking Blitzen back up, Santa explained why he needed help.

"I guess Rudolph told you that he can't lead me through the blizzard tonight. Can you hold it back long enough for me to get clear of the North Pole?", asked Santa.

As Twilight gave a nod, Flurry Heart assured Santa that they would be able to help him and the other reindeer.

"Where we come from, there is a region where snowstorms are worse than this. We can certainly create a gap for you to get through.", said Flurry.