• Published 5th Sep 2023
  • 499 Views, 8 Comments

Alwas Appreciate What is Right in Front of You - coolpony01



A child by the name of Spike has always cared about his caretaker Twilight Sparkle and they've always been close in Ponville. But when she became a princess everything changed she became more demanding and Spike is going to go on a journey of self di

  • ...
6
 8
 499

Ch 17 Changes for the Better

Today I am getting out of the hospital. I was brought to a room. I saw a pony in a gray suit, a brown mane formally tied back, brown eyes, and a golden heart for a cutie mark.

“Hello Spike, my name is Golden Heart.” The mare said.

“Are you the social service worker that’s going to help me get a new home?” I asked.

“Sort of, you see the government believed it best to be brought into a home with a stable guardian and so it was decided that you would be brought to my home.” She explained.

“Oh.” I said in realization.

Golden Heart signed the paperwork and I was brought to her home in Ponyville.

“Your room is upstairs.” She said,

She went with me to the room that had a bed, a simple desk, a closet, a window, and a Power Ponies Poster.

She smiled “They said you like Power Ponies.” She said,

I smiled back “Thanks.”

I went to get settled in and brought my stuff in the room. I made sure to clean it because I don’t know what Golden Heart is like yet. After I was done I could smell food and saw that she was cooking dinner. I neatly set the table.

“Spike it’s time for.” She then noticed I was already there

“Oh thank you for setting the table spike.” Golden Heart spoke in appreciation.

She set the noodles and a spaghetti spoon on the table. The meal itself was pretty good. I made sure to use table manners since I don’t know what she’s like yet. The remote fell and the tv was turned on. “As you all know Princess Twilight Sparkle was arrested for the abuse of Spike the dragon. Details are coming in that he was used for illegal child labor as well as denied an education. This does not of course include the cases of mental and physical abuse. They then showed that horrid video of Twilight beating me.

Golden Heart quickly turned the tv off as she knew it may have been an uncomfortable topic for me. “Spike I’m not gonna treat you the way she did and Twilight Sparkle will be in jail for the next twenty years she will never hurt you again.” She said with genuine sincerity.

I smiled at that, “Thank you Golden Heart.” I said. I then went to my room. My new caretaker is nice.
I could see the sun rising in the sky at 6AM. I took a shower and got ready for the day. After I was done I saw Golden Heart “You’re up early.” Golden Heart remarked and smiled.

“Actually this isn’t early for me. I had breakfast around six for fifteen minutes when I was still with Twilight before I went to work.” I stated.

“That is really early for a kid today. I need to go to work so I hired a babysitter.” Golden Heart said.

“I feel like a little kid.” I said blushing in embarrassment.

“You are still a kid.” Golden Heart stated, smiling at me.

A unicorn with a gray coat, a yellow mane and tail, yellow eyes, and a golden flower for a cutie mark then walked in.

“Spike this is my sister Golden Flower she will be watching you anytime I am at work I will be back around six.” Golden Heart said.

Golden Flower then approached me “Hello you must be Spike I’m Golden Flower it’s so nice to meet you.” She greeted me kindly.

“It’s nice to meet you two.” I spoke with a slight smile to show I still have some level of trust in ponies.

“You should probably go eat your breakfast.” She stated.

“Oh you’re probably right.” I said as I went to eat my breakfast. I then went to clean my dish because it was simply proper.

After I was done she got out a clear vase and some crayons and flowers. “What is this?” I asked.

“An arts and crafts project.” She said with cheer.

I began to draw dragons on the vase decent ones I’ve had a lot of practice with when I lived with Twilight. I put yellow and orange flowers in the vase. “Well that was fun wasn’t it you’re really good.” She said admiring.

“Yes I have a lot of practice.” I said with a smile.

After I was done we played a board game she won every round but I’m not complaining I haven’t played board games in years.

I realized that Golden Heart told Golden Flower to give me a math lesson that was over 40 minutes long. I’ll admit it was a little difficult but I need to know this stuff for when I start middle school in a few months. The time after all of that was 12:40 pm and I had a daisy sandwich for lunch. I then had a science lesson, a history lesson, and lastly, an English lesson. It was five pm when we were done and we played more of that board game and I won that last round. I'll admit I gloated a bit but she didn’t mind.

I then took a nap, something I haven’t done in years but I still love. Something Rainbow Dash and I have in common. Later on I felt a hoof lightly tap me and I woke up to find Golden Heart smiling at me “Did you two sleep well?” She asked.

Golden Flower then woke up and gasped “High sister it’s good to see you’re home.” She said,

Golden Heart then gave Golden Flower a small bag of bits “Thank you for watching over Spike while I was at work sister.” Golden Heart spoke. It was a nice day.

A few weeks later I went to bed and got ready. Golden Heart checked to make sure that I was in bed. “Good night Spike.” She said with a kind voice.

I smiled, “Good night mom I love you.” I said without realizing.

“Goodnight I love you two my son.” She responded.

What just happened? I have a mother sure Twilight used to take care of me before she became a Princess but she saw me as more of a friend rather than a son. Know I have a mother, a mother who loves me and who I love, a mother who will always be there for me.