• Published 21st Jul 2023
  • 3,129 Views, 274 Comments

A Dubious Welcome - Maonyman



Anon the veterinarian has to help Twilight recover from her injuries and then return home.

  • ...
23
 274
 3,129

CH30: A Princess

Shouting.

Movement.

A painful lurch.

Celestia let out a low groan, and was immediately smacked on the muzzle.

She felt acceleration and struggled to open her eyes, but there was only darkness. From the bumpiness of the ride, she guessed she was being carried by something large. Perhaps even that strange metal monster she saw before. Even if not though, it was good to know she was thinking a little more clearly.

They had not yet caught on to her improving condition, though she was still in very bad shape, she knew. After all, they had not stopped draining her blood periodically, they just weren't doing it quite enough to keep up with her regeneration.

She wiggled her head a bit and was disappointed to feel her horn scrape bare metal. That meant it was uncovered, so the glow of her magic would be obvious. Then she was smacked again, harder, and a voice barked at her.

"Thula futhi uthule, nja!"

"Myeke," Arno's voice said quietly, then she felt his hand on her side.

She twitched with disgust.

"There is another of your kind blowing up buildings across the other side of the planet. Balance me why it attacks, and what can it do."

Celestia coughed, but said nothing.

"Eish..."

His hand suddenly gripped the base of her horn, yanking her head roughly to the side.

"Ah....AAAAAA!"

Her forehead exploded in pain as he jammed the metal locking bar into the still healing flesh of her horn.

"I will not kill you, domkop, but I will still make you hurt if I am kwaai. You gav why do they come?"

"I... I can't..."

The pain seared hotter into her skull.

"Answer!"

She screamed.

"I am a princess!"

His hand abruptly released her and the pain slowly began to fade.

"Izzit? So you are important to your people, yes?"

She curled into herself to try and rub her horn with a hoof, but she was tied too securely to reach.

"Y-Yes."

It was not the most pain she had ever been in, but it was close. After all, she had had quite a few mishaps during her thousand years of ruling Equestria alone. Still, she had never been quite this helpless before.

After a moment of silence, Arno's sharp voice made her flinch, "Lekker! Boer maak 'n plan. You gav what can she do?"

"I--what?" She said, utterly bewildered.

"Ag, how do you say... I will make a plan. You can tell me what can she do to us. Tell me now."

Celestia was well and truly afraid of this man now, and the throbbing in her forehead made it hard to concentrate. Right now all she wanted was to avoid more pain.

"Who... ah, describe her."

"Describe, what is this word?"

"Nnnn... tell me what she looks like"

"Purple coat and hairs. Smaller than you, horn is shorter, and she flies."

Celestia jerked in astonishment, "T-Twilight!?"

"Ah, you gav her then. Tell me, what can she do?"

For the first time since she came to Earth, Celestia smiled, though he could not see it through the sack over her head.

"Spit fire and... and lightning from her horn... instantly move from one place... to..."

She trailed off with a gasp as she was already becoming exhausted.

"Yes? And? Speak, now!"

Celestia cringed as he placed a threatening hand on her horn.

"From one place to another! A-And make things float around her, make... ugh, make protective shields... all faster than you can move an arm."

She let out a coarse, croaking laugh.

"If she finds you... there is nothing you can do to stop her."

Arno scoffed as he released her, and she felt her lifeblood begin to flow out of her once again.

"We will see about that."