• Published 18th Jul 2023
  • 886 Views, 39 Comments

Ms. Glimmer and the Do-Nothing Prince - scifipony



Starlight is asked to teach Blueblood a lesson. The choices her heart makes will save or doom Canterlot. Ch48:With everypony's life at stake, Starlight learns a special somepony thinks her more precious than life itself.

  • ...
10
 39
 886

Chapters Next
00 — Chapter Blurbs (Start with Chapter 01)

This document is the chapter blurbs used to introduce each chapter, so please press the Next Chapter button to start the novel.

These are the short description that appeared on the FimFiction front page when the chapter was originally published. You can used it to review what happened in the story if you've been away from it for a while. I've included what I had (starting with 17) and am expanding them (starting from 1) when I have more.

Starlight is asked to teach Blueblood a lesson. The choices her heart makes will save or doom Canterlot...

  • Ch01: Starlight meets Moon Dancer who delivers her great aunt's warning about problems in the palace, other than the cutie mark and curse thing.
  • Ch02: Starlight investigates the prince and learns he is a do nothing with a haughty attitude. She thinks he is hiding something important.
  • Ch03: Starlight realizes her relationships are a mess, starting with being under Celestia's thumb, but also with Sunset Shimmer and others.
  • Ch04: Prince Blueblood outwits Starlight when she tries to waylay him to find out more about him. She vows never to make the same mistake again.
  • Ch 05: Starlight tries a meet cute ambush on the prince when he shows up again. His attitude is, well, different... and not charming.
  • ...
  • Ch17: The prince tests how well Ms. Glimmer fights with her life at stake. She gains insight into why he's such a jerk around mares
  • Ch18: Starlight's classmates notice her new cutie mark and know about the useless crown. Sunset whisks her off to the Little Fillies to save her.
  • Ch19: While the weight of Starlight's new responsibility makes her cry, what has happened to Firefall is shocking. An annoyed Twilight shows up.
  • Ch20: Starlight thinks she has it all under control, Twilight and Sunset misbehaving, Moon Dancer being mousy, Streak. Then, Sunburst shows up...
  • Ch21: Newly cemented relationships between Sunset, Twilight, Moon Dancer, and Streak become awkward after Blueblood publicly kisses Starlight
  • Ch22: Over a deli lunch, Moondancer relates what happened to her mother: a Windigo storm Starlight remembers clearly since Celestia was there..
  • Ch23: Celestia shows up ready for war, telling Starlight that she's been a bad pony and is shirking her responsibilities. This annoys Starlight.
  • Ch24: Celestia forgot to close Day Court. Now it's Starlight's job, in full regalia. It doesn't end well for Princess Cadance or Starlight.
  • Ch25: Blueblood and Starlight are seen in public with hooves all over each other.
  • Ch26: Blueblood opens up about his past tragedies and loss. His behavior starts making sense and Starlight realizes how much they are alike.
  • Ch27 starts with Starlight thinking: "You would have nightmares, too, if you knew the countdown to the end of the world."
  • Ch28: Starlight sees something and hears the word, "Obliterated." It reminds her of all the bad things that happed to her and she has a meltdown.
  • Ch29: Memories are powerful. Starlight leaves love may be more so.
  • Ch30: In Celestia's absence, Ms Starlight is told she is "The Spare." She is not amused.
  • Ch31: Ensign Fizzlepop Berrytwist is posted to a command in Canterlot, though expecting discharge, where she learns there's a new crown princess.
  • Ch32: Starlight is nearly swept off Canterlot mountain on her way to the airship docks.
  • Ch33: Starlight discusses what it means to be handicapped with a mare who's destined to destroy her life because she thinks herself handicapped.
  • Ch34: Starlight realizes ponies are long and frigate corridors are tall, but not wide. Trying to face an assailant proves a comedy of errors.
  • Ch35: Starlight volunteers to help the Ensign by straightening out her XO, who's in the brig. He's not a pony. She decides to prove a point.
  • Ch36: Some ponies won't take a hint and fly right. Starlight feels like a one-trick pony when fighting one species. Today, maybe that changes?
  • Ch37: An oblivious Starlight, searching alone for the loo at Pâtisserie la Reine, meets one of the Prince's bodyguards acting suspicious.
  • Ch38: Titled: "Greedy Little Filly," because, well...
  • Ch39: Spike makes it clear why he is so important to Twilight—and that Starlight is annoying.
  • Ch40: Moon Dancer has disturbing news, but her past is more so. How she reacts at the prince's townhouse creates more questions than it answers.
  • Ch41: Starlight meets a puppy, then meets a scoundrel who could pretend to be a pirate. It's not what you think.
  • Ch42: Starlight flexes her royal power after Spike receives a scroll from Celestia. How ponies react to a punch in the nose proves interesting.
  • Ch43: Sunburst has dinner with Starlight Glimmer, during which they receive a communiqué from The Stoop. Starlight invites herself to his room.
  • Ch44: First chapter of the End is Neigh arc. Starlight tries out her new princess powers. Doesn't mean she makes the right decisions, though.
  • Ch45: All of Starlight's mistakes pile up and become deadly. She isn't a doctor. She doesn't understand the menace. She's also *very* alone.
  • Ch46: Starlight learns there's yet another pony kind she didn't know about—and they don't like her. Prince Blueblood gives her a promotion.
  • Ch47:Starlight is facing a foe in such bad shape, she can barely fight. With Blueblood injured, she must fight for both their lives.
  • Ch48:With everypony's life at stake, Starlight learns a special somepony thinks her more precious than life itself.
  • Ch49: When you're certain you've died, and evidence supports the supposition, things get weird. Somepony's casting the daily spell. Starlight?
Chapters Next