• Published 25th May 2023
  • 1,335 Views, 84 Comments

Being A Parent Is Hard - TheKing2001



Sunset deals with the effects of the Fall Formal while Cheerilee learns how hard being a parent can be. Together, the mother and daughter learn more about each other and deal with more challenges.

  • ...
2
 84
 1,335

Chapter XXIII

“So that explains why these pendants were so special to them,” I knelt down and picked up the shattered remains of one and angled it to let the moon shine through it.

“Without them, they’re just three harmless teenage girls,” Twilight agreed.

“Rainbooms rule!” Flash shouted as he and Twilight hugged, both turning a bright shade of red. We all let out a chuckle at that as Spike rubbed up against my leg and I reached down with a hand to pet him.

“Sunset!” Lyra called out eagerly as she and the others stepped up behind me. “That was awesome!”

“It was pretty damn cool,” Vinyl fist bumped me.

“Woah. She speaks?” Rainbow pointed in awe at Vinyl.

“Yeah. Lyra almost had a heart attack when she first heard her,” Octavia smirked.

“So Twilight is going back to Equestria soon,” Rainbow glanced back at me. “We really could use another person on backup vocals.” I shrugged before running over to my guitar I had brought for reasons I don’t know. I picked it up and started playing the Aerosmith song Lyra had helped me with.

“I also play guitar,” I smiled sheepishly at everyone’s slackjawed expressions.

“We’ll see,” Rainbow chuckled. “We are going to get milkshakes. Coming with Sunset?” I stared at her in shock.

“You really want me to come with?” I asked in awe.

“Well duh!” Rainbow rolled her eyes. “We are cool.” I shrugged and glanced back.

“I’ll catch up.” Rainbow nodded as the others started walking away. I sighed and sat down on the end of the stage and swung my legs. I felt someone sitting next to me and raised an eyebrow at Octavia sitting there.

“Penny for your thoughts?” She asked.

“What?” I asked. She rolled her eyes and sighed.

“It means what’s on your mind,” Octavia clarified.

“I know what it means. What I don’t get is why you are asking. Don’t you hate me?”

“I never really hated you. That’s a strong word. Extremely disliked you is more accurate. Besides, I enjoyed the competition in the class room. The events of tonight changed my opinion of you,” Octavia admitted. Lyra and the others sat down as well. I didn’t know they were still here to be honest. Well, might as well be open with them.

“I tried to kill myself,” I admitted. Lyra and Bon Bon glared at me.

“Are you stupid?” Lyra demanded. “Why would you ever do something like that?”

“I confronted the Sirens on my own. Everything they said, is exactly what I was thinking. Didn’t exactly make it easy to hear though.”

“We know,” Bon Bon replied. “Someone sent us a video of it.” I raised an eyebrow. I hadn’t seen anyone else in the hallway but then again, I was distracted.

“By who?” I asked. Bon Bon shrugged.

“No idea. Came from a new Mystable account. Doesn’t match up to anyone here at school.”

“Don’t ever try something like that again,” Derpy hugged me from behind and I could feel the air leaving my lungs. After all this, death by hugs is how I would meet my end.

“We’re sorry by the way,” Lyra rubbed the back of her head. “For calling you a traitor and all. That was beyond fucked up on our parts.”

“It’s okay.”

“No it isn’t,” she insisted. Lyra could be annoyingly persistent when she wanted to be.

“I’m sorry as well dear.” I gazed at Octavia with a raised eyebrow. That was something I wasn’t expecting. “It was rude of me to say you were still trouble.”

“So your group is back together again?” I asked curiously. They all looked at each other and shrugged, nodding.

“I’d say the whole thing brought us closer together,” Bon Bon commented. “We also have someone who wants to see you.”

“Who?” I asked.

“Me,” Mom grinned from behind. I instantly tackled her in a hug.

“Hey mom,” I grinned as she hugged back.

“Woah wait what? Mom?” Vinyl asked, sharing a confused expression with Octavia. We both let out a chuckle.

“It’s a long, long story,” I smirked.

“I am very proud of you. That was awesome,” Mom said. I turned a bright shade of red while the others laughed.

“Thanks.”

“Let’s go get milkshakes and then you can come to Vinyls house,” Octavia shockingly offered. “We have game night every week at one of our houses. It’s her turn to host this week. Miss Cheerilee can come as well I suppose if she really wants to.”

“I would but I’m a bit too old for that. I have work to do at home as well,” Mom admitted. “You go have fun Sunset. Be home by twelve at least.”

“Okay mom. Drive safe. Watch out for idiots.”

“So how exactly did she become your mom?” Lyra asked. “You’ve never told us.” Well, might as well tell them. Since we all are cool and all now.

“I was homeless and living in a bush in front of the school. She found me one day a few weeks before Christmas and took me home. She later asked if I wanted to be adopted by her and I said yes after the Fall Formal. End of story,” I explained. “So I live with her. Got two aunts and a cousin but they live a few hours away.”

“That’s cool,” Vinyl smirked. “So you and Tavi friends now?” Me and Octavia both looked at each other and shrugged.

“Fuck it, why not. I’m down if she is,” I maintained eye contact with her. Octavia inhaled and nodded.

“I don’t see why not. But I do have a question.” I gave her a quick nod of my own.

“Go for it.”

“How did you get here from wherever you came from? What happened to make you cruel here?” She bombarded me with questions. I held up a hand and she stopped.

“I can’t tell you what happened. My past is complicated,” I said and she sighed. “But I can do better than that and show you all.”

“How’s that dear?” Octavia asked as the others watched curiously. I gave her a sly smirk.

“But to do so, we have to go to Equestria.”

Author's Note:

Well, that's the ending. It's been a wild ride writing this and I've loved it. I never thought the prequel would lead to this. I've published multiple chapters every day since this was released and let me tell ya, that was not easy lol. Especially with work and such. I'm gonna focus on Bon Bons story before I release the sequel to this. The first chapter is done and all, I just want Bons story done. Have a great day!