• Published 25th May 2023
  • 1,335 Views, 84 Comments

Being A Parent Is Hard - TheKing2001



Sunset deals with the effects of the Fall Formal while Cheerilee learns how hard being a parent can be. Together, the mother and daughter learn more about each other and deal with more challenges.

  • ...
2
 84
 1,335

Chapter XX

I sighed as I slumped against Pinkie’s bathroom floor. This was the first time I had ever been invited go do anything with them. First sleepover I’ve ever had with them. It was awkward and weird. Tense. I wish Lyra and Derpy were here. At least that way I could have someone to talk to. Sure, I exchanged words with the others but I wasn’t blind. I didn’t fit in here. I wasn’t wanted. We aren’t friends. I’m just a chore Twilight assigned to them. Speaking of Twilight, she was busy writing her counter spell. That had been my idea. Did I get the credit or anyone say “thanks” or “good idea Sunset”? Nope. They just ran with it.

I let out another sigh as I rubbed my wrist. I had been secretly cutting for weeks now. Mom didn’t know. Derpy didn’t know. Lyra didn’t know and Bon Bon sure as hell didn’t. As much as Bon Bon quickly fell into my good graces, I still didn’t trust her with knowing my suicidal thoughts. They had recently came back way stronger than before and I’m not sure why. I couldn’t tell Mom because she would freak out. I couldn’t tell my friends because they would freak out too and tell my Mom. That was some drama I could use to avoid right about now. I got enough of it from the art club kids pouring paint on my locker. If it wasn’t to be rude, I’d call it beautiful.

“I really need to use the bathroom,” Fluttershy said softly from the other side of the door. “If it’s not too big of a problem of course.” I sighed and stood up, washing my hands to avoid any awkward questions.

“Yeah sorry,” I unlocked the door and stepped out with a shy smile.

“It’s okay,” Fluttershy whispered as she walked in and shut the door behind her, locking it. I heard laughter coming from the bedroom and I sighed as I stepped inside.

“Hey Sunset,” Rarity nodded at me.

“Hi,” I replied curiously. That was the first she actually talked to me all night.

“Where is your leather jacket darling?” I had accidentally left it at home unfortunately. I’ll have to go grab it sometime soon. I miss it. I was wearing my long sleeve pajama shirt at the moment so I didn’t have to worry about them seeing the cuts. Thankfully. Not that they would care anyway.

“It’s at home. I forgot to bring it,” I sighed. I technically forgot anything to sleep on but Pinkie had spare sleeping bags and pillows thankfully. Felt kinda nice to finally be included. The only downside was it seemed rude of them to buy Twilight a milkshake and everyone else but not me. At least Mrs. Cake apparently felt sympathetic and gave me one for free despite my insistence on paying for it. I wasn’t too happy with Twilight at the moment. She called me and I quote, “a horrific winged monster.” Some princess of friendship she is.

“Quite a shame darling. It really suits you. Completes your tough girl look,” Rarity sounded legitimate.

“Thanks?” I muttered. I wasn’t sure if I should be complimented or insulted. “I’m going to go sleep. I have to go deal with three magic freaks tomorrow.” I slipped into my sleeping bag and felt sleep take me.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I stood next to the snack table sipping a cup of punch. Even though Sonata was technically our enemy right now, that girl knew how to make punch. I’ll have to ask her for her recipe if I ever get the chance. I watched Bon Bon arguing with Octavia as she sucked on a sucker with Lyra standing behind her. Derpy sat in a chair watching the three, eating from a bucket of popcorn. Where she got popcorn, I’ll never fucking know. That girl is amazing.

“I’m gonna get more punch,” I faintly heard Flash say. I honestly thought he was going to hit Snips for a second there. He froze and his eyes slightly widened. “What are you up to Sunset?”

“Drinking punch. Obviously,” I rolled my eyes. “What are you doing?” He sighed and looked away.

“Trying to do the same. Could you please move?” I was surprised he said please. Thought he was going to be rude as fuck about it.

“Yeah sure. Sorry,” I stepped aside and he got a cup. The doors swung open and I swallowed the rest of my punch and tossed the cup away. Adagio, Aria and Sonata strode in with grins. I rolled my eyes at Rainbow Dashs way of getting Twilights attention. She was throwing literal chocolate chip bits into her hair. This might be me only, but I’d be mad if she did that to me. Mad as hell honestly.

“There won’t be a Battle of the Bands!” Twilight announced as she and the others held hands. “Friendship is Magic!” I stood watching and waited for something to happen. I slowly frowned when nothing happened.

“Well!” Adagio chuckled. “They sure are cocky aren’t they? Saying there won’t be a Battle of the Bands. They must think they got it all locked down.” She put her hands on her hips and gave a smirk.

“Not if the Great and Powerful Trixie has anything to say about it!” Trixie and her two friends stepped forward angrily.

“Can it Trixie! We’re the best band at chs!” Flash shouted.

“No! The Crusaders are gunna win!” Apple Bloom growled. Applejack and Rarity looked concerned at their two sisters while Rainbow mainly looked angry.

“We should leave,” Pinkie whispered. “We are outnumbered here guys.” The others nodded as Apple Bloom approached Lyra with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

“Tell yur freak friend to leave our sisters alone!” Apple Bloom snapped. Lyras jaw dropped and she shook a fist at the younger girl.

“Fuck off you little shit!” Lyra shouted as Bon Bon nodded her head in agreement. Derpy was arguing with Photo Finish alongside Blueberry Pie and Raspberry Fluff. I quickly looked back as I left the gym nervously. I gave a frustrated sigh.

“Well shit. That didn’t go to plan.”