• Published 25th May 2023
  • 1,335 Views, 84 Comments

Being A Parent Is Hard - TheKing2001



Sunset deals with the effects of the Fall Formal while Cheerilee learns how hard being a parent can be. Together, the mother and daughter learn more about each other and deal with more challenges.

  • ...
2
 84
 1,335

Chapter XVIII

“So we all wanna make our own band?” I asked. I was sitting next to Bon Bon and Derpy. Vinyl and Octavia sat across from us. I wanted to invite Sunset but she said she was in a band with the Rainbooms. What a interesting name. Vinyl was busy with her head phones on doing God knows what. The gym was full of people making their own posters. Trixie, Lavender Lace and Fuschia Blush were on the stage making theirs.

“Yeah,” Bon Bon smiled. “I wanna play the piano with Lyra.” I had took piano lessons from her a little bit after she moved here.

“I’ll play the cello,” Octavia piped in.

“I wanna play the musical saw!” Derpy exclaimed. I stared at her in confusion.

“The fucking what?” I raised an eyebrow.

“The musical saw! It’s also called the singing saw. It sounds similar to a theremin,” Derpy clarified with a grin. I had no idea what a theremin was, let alone a singing saw.

“Yeah no. If we want to win the concert, we must play instruments people know,” Octavia announced. Derpys face fell and I rolled my eyes.

“First off, it’s not a concert. We literally win nothing from this. And secondly, if she wants to play a singing saw or a musical saw or even a fucking glass jar, let her. Who does it hurt?” I demanded. Octavia had somehow got the notion we won something from this. She was starting to get on my nerves with that shit real quick.

“Fine. Don’t blame me if we lose,” Octavia grumbled. I facepalmed a bit too hard.

“We can’t lose! Because there’s nothing to win!” I growled.

“What will Vinyl do?” Bon Bon quickly intervened. Octavia rolled her eyes.

“Vinyl will do what Vinyl does: be obnoxiously loud with her laptop and speakers,” Octavia said. Vinyl grinned and gave thumbs up. “See?”

“I don’t think she even heard you. She’s currently blowing her eardrums out,” I commented with a concerned look. I worried for that girl and her hearing. “As usual.”

“Sunset Shimmer!” Pinkie shouted and we all looked over. “Over here!” The gym went quiet as everyone glared at her. Sunset cautiously walked over to the Rainbooms and slumped down against the wall with her head in her hands.

“What do you think they’re talking about over there?” Bon Bon asked as the Rainbooms poster was shoved in Fluttershys face.

“I have no idea. Probably being asses about her past as usual,” I grumbled as Sunset wiped something off Fluttershys face. “It’s all they really do from what she has been telling me.”

“Why is she even in their band then?” Derpy wondered.

“Who even names their band the Rainbooms? Very Rainbow Dash sounding,” Bon Bon commented.

“That’s just what I was thinking,” I nodded. “Typical of her insane fucking ego.”

“Exactly,” Bon Bon sighed. “Oh boy. Here comes Principal Celestia.”

“Attention students!” Principal Celestia called and we all glanced at her. “I’m very glad you all are enjoying making posters for your bands.” We all cheered and I gave a smile. “I think this is the greatest thing we have ever done at CHS since the Fall Formal.” It instantly got quiet and everyone glared at Sunset again and I rolled my eyes.

“Well this just got awkward,” Derpy muttered.

“You said it,” I agreed. “Why would she even say that?”

“Probably didn’t realize how bad it would sound,” Bon Bon shrugged. I stared at the Rainbooms and made eye contact with Applejack giving me a confused look.

“Hopefully.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

I sat down at our table with my lunch and bit into my pear. I absolutely loved pears. Gift straight from God. Bon Bon sat next to me and chewed her pasta quietly. Sunset walked right past us and sat down at the Rainbooms table.

“Sunset looks upset. What do you think it’s about?” Bon Bon asked after swallowing her food.

“I have no clue. I know she mentioned showing some new girls around the school. Something about getting off her past,” I commented.

“Hopefully it went well,” Derpy sighed. The doors swung open and three girls walked in. I rolled my eyes.

“Could they be any louder opening doors?” I groaned.

“I hope not,” Octavia grumbled.

“We heard you want to get together, we heard you want to rock the school,” the orange haired one started singing. “We’ve thought of something that is better. Something that changes all the rules. Why pretend we’re all the same when some of us shine brighter?”

“Shine brighter,” the two other girls with her echoed as the three started walking down the aisles, stroking peoples heads.

“Here’s a chance to find your flame. Are you a loser or a fighter?” The orange haired girl asked as she stroked Wiz Kids chin.

“Me and you, you and me, why don’t we see who is better? We don’t have to be one and the same thing. What’s so wrong with a little competition?” The three started singing in unison and pointed at all of us shaking them hips. I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t a hot sight to see. They sat down at some seats in the back and pointed their thumbs down. “Are you afraid of failing the audition?”

“You’re a star and you should know it,” orange hair rubbed Trixie’s chin. “Yeah you rise above the rest.”

“How did they get over to her so fast?” Bon Bon wondered aloud.

“Duh! Movie magic!” I pointed out. I started to feel super angry and competitive. I never really feel like this. Sure I get competitive but not like this. Her two friends lifted her onto the table.

“It doesn’t matter who you hurt. If you’re just proving you’re the best,” she jumped off the table and walked past us, looking back with a grin that Octavia matched.

“Battle! You want to win it! Let’s have a battle, battle of the bands. Let’s have a battle, we’ll go all in it. Let’s have a battle, battle, battle, battle of the bands,” the three sang in unison.

“I can beat you!” Blueberry Cake shouted at Cherry Crash.

“Ha! You wish!” Cherry Crash retorted.

“I so want this!” Trixie said.

“Not if I get it first!” Captain Planet yelled at her. Vinyl kept bobbing her head with her headphones on eating and I don’t even think she was registering what was happening.

“Wow they can sing,” I muttered under my breath.

“You got that right,” Derpy and Bon Bon said in unison.

“Me and you, you and me, why don’t we see who is better? We don’t have to be one and the same thing. Oh, what’s so wrong with a little competition? I’m going out and winning the audition,” the girls stood in front of us singing. I didn’t care what this was. All I know is I wanted to win God damn it.

“Battle! we want to win it. Let’s have a battle, battle of the bands. Let’s have a battle, we’ll go all in it. Let’s have a battle, battle, battle, battle of the bands,” some other students shouted along as the three girls finished singing.

“You suck!” I shouted in Watermelodys face.

“You are!” She shouted back. Bon Bon stood next to me and gave her an angry look.

“Watch how you speak to her,” Bon Bon fumed. I saw Sunset and the Rainbooms watch us with concerned expressions. Especially Sunset. I didn’t have time to dwell on that though.

“Let’s go Bonnie. We got a battle of the bands to win.”

Author's Note:

Yikes. Sunsets squad is under the sirens spell.