• Published 25th May 2023
  • 1,336 Views, 84 Comments

Being A Parent Is Hard - TheKing2001



Sunset deals with the effects of the Fall Formal while Cheerilee learns how hard being a parent can be. Together, the mother and daughter learn more about each other and deal with more challenges.

  • ...
2
 84
 1,336

Chapter XV

“So Princess,” Bon Bon smirked at me and fixed my crown that was leaning half off my head at an angle. “What is your first royal act you’re gonna do?” I gave her a shrug as I ate my Pringles.

“I’m not sure. Why?” I asked curiously. Bon Bon rolled her eyes.

“Because you’re the Fall Formal Princess and even the teachers are recognizing it. It’s common knowledge the Princess was given a free pass for most activities. Might as well take advantage of it,” Bon Bon answered. I rubbed my chin in thought. I gave her and Octavia a wicked grin.

“You’re right,” I agreed. “Sunset Shimmer! Come here!” The lunchroom got quiet and glared at her to my dislike. The girl froze like a deer in the headlights and shrunk down to make herself seem small. I absolutely hated how the confident Sunset was practically gone. She shook off her fear and hesitantly walked to us.

“Lyra, what are you doing?” Octavia hissed. My wicked grin grew even bigger.

“Easy. I’m the Fall Formal Princess and can get away with anything like Bon Bon said . So I’m inviting Sunset to eat her lunch with us,” I announced.

“May God have mercy on my soul for being friends with you and your antics,” Octavia grumbled as she glared at me.

“Well, it was nice of her to do that. Kinda changes my opinion of her to be honest,” Bon Bon grudgingly admitted.

“Fine. Just don’t let her sit next to me,” Octavia folded her arms and looked away.

“Uhm hi Lyra. Hi Derpy. Uh what’s up?” Sunset’s eyes flicked nervously to Bon Bon, Octavia and Vinyl.

“Do you wanna eat lunch with us?” Derpy asked. I knew she would instantly take my side.

“Oh uh I would but,” Sunset subtly nodded to Octavia, Bon Bon and Vinyl. I rolled my eyes.

“Ignore them. You can talk to Bon Bon and Vinyl. Just act like Tavi isn’t here and you’ll be good,” I smirked.

“Thanks Lyra,” Octavia grumbled sarcastically. As much as she didn’t like Sunset, she still didn’t like being ignored. Apparently it was rude or some shit. I don’t know, I ignore people all the time.

“If it’s okay with you and Derpy,” Sunset shrugged and sat down next to me and Bon Bon, ignoring her. Bon Bon raised an eyebrow at me before nodding at my phone. My phone vibrated and I read the message

Bonnie❤️: What the hell was that about? Why would you tell her to ignore me? That’s so not cool. I let out a sigh as I texted her back.

Figured she would be more comfortable if I encouraged her to talk to the few she knew. Bon Bon read my text before nodding and she gave me a smirk.

“So Sunset. How are you?” Bon Bon focused on the fiery haired girl. Sunset froze with her water halfway to her lips.

“Uhm good. You?” She cautiously asked. Me and Derpy watched the interaction carefully. We both knew Sunset was shy and careful around others, especially with the bullying. Miss Cheerilee was watching us carefully as well and I gave her a nod.

“Pretty good. How was Christmas?” Bon Bon continued smirking at me.

“Decent. Met my aunts and cousin for the first time. It was a good time,” Sunset drank her water.

“You never met your aunts or cousin before?” Bon Bon raised an eyebrow.

“Well I got adopted this year so I’ve never really had any family in this world,” Sunset admitted. Vinyl gave her a grin while Octavia glanced back with a slightly confused look before quickly looking away and Bon Bons eyes slightly widened.

“Congrats on the adoption. What was it like?” Sunset cocked her head to the side.

“What was what like?” She asked.

“Getting adopted,” Bon Bon clarified.

“It was good. Not all that used to having six people that care about me so it’s sometimes surprising.”

“What about Rainbow and the others? Aren’t they your friends?” Derpy asked. Sunset scoffed and rolled her eyes.

“We aren’t friends. I’m just the chore Twilight gave them and they treat me as such.” I could see the air getting slightly tense.

“Hey Sunset. Would it be cool if me and Derpy came for a sleep over after school tonight? I asked with a smile. Sunset shrugged.

“I’ll have to ask Mom but I don’t see why not.”

“Can I uh come along?” Bon Bon asked hesitantly. We all stared at her in surprise. I didn’t invite her because I didn’t know if Sunset was comfortable with her knowing who her mom was.

“I’m not sure. Can she be trusted with the knowledge Lyra?” Sunset focused on me.

“What?” Bon Bon asked. I gave a shrug.

“She’s pretty good at keeping secrets so hopefully she won’t tell anyone. If she does, I’ll just break up with her and date myself,” I replied casually. Bon Bon gave me a glare. I was joking of course but she didn’t know that.

“I’m right here you know.”

“I think she can be trusted. If not, we will have words,” Derpy added in and Bon Bon gulped. I’ve never seen Derpy angry but the threat was enough.

“I agree,” I sighed. Sunset nodded.

“Okay she can come,” Sunset decided. “As long as she tells no one what she sees or then me and her will have words of our own.” Now that was actually a threat to be wary of. Sunset was pretty protective of who knew her family life and based on her semi violent past, I wouldn’t want to be on her bad side like Scribble Dee or Cherry Crash was. I don’t know if they still are but I remember watching her beat the everloving shit out of Cherry Crash repeatedly in the bathroom. CC was a bitch anyway so I didn’t really like her. Fuck around and find out.

“Where did you go for Christmas?” Derpy asked. “Me and Lyra dropped by your house a few times.”

“Some town two hours away. Think it was called Springfield,” Sunset answered. “It was a nice town. I’d kill to live there one day.” I gave a chuckle at that as I admired my crown.

“Where did you even get this at?” I asked.

“Oh I kept all my crowns buried in various locations. It’s what I did with all my belongings that I didn’t want people to find,” she replied. “Photos, blackmail and such. I should probably find all of those and destroy them before the wrong person gets their hands on them. That would be bad.”

“Yeah it would,” Derpy agreed. “See you four tonight?” Sunset bit into her pizza.

“Yeah, I’ll see ya at my house.”