• Published 24th May 2023
  • 731 Views, 49 Comments

Chaotic Endeavors - JeSuisLaPorte



After losing a bet, Discord is dared by Spike to spend an entire week in the human world. Sounds easy, until he realises that he can't use his magic as a human.

  • ...
1
 49
 731

Friday part 2: Get your grooves on, Discord!

After a long, long day of school, it was finally time for everybody to party. On the ringing of the bell, every student rushed to the gymnasium while others went to their lockers to fetch their clothes for the night.

As for Discord? He was inside the boy’s restroom, practicing some dance moves in front of a mirror. There will be a talent show at the party and he was going to dance in it. “Come on now, Discord; this shouldn’t be too different from what I do in Equestria, as a draconequus of course.”

A human body and a draconequus are, however, quite different in certain regards. His legs were longer as a human, the same went for his arms who were also symmetrical unlike his chaotic appearance in Equestria. This simple change was more than enough to throw him off his game as while the dance he performed in class was easy enough, this one demanded more concentration and moved a lot more.

Discord tripped and tumbled many times, but he knew that he had to get it right, or else he’ll make a fool out of himself.

Magic was also out of the question, which sucked since it would have allowed him to mask his shortcomings. Come to think of it, he always used his unfathomable as a crutch. I mean, he barely even walks as a draconequus which is probably why his legs are aching at the moment.

“Come on, Discord; you can get it right.” He tried and tried again, slowly but surely seeing some progress made as he got used to dancing in this orderly body. Eventually, he started to have a lot of fun dancing by his lonesome inside the restroom and thus, he hummed a tune that got stuck in his head.

One of the stall’s opened suddenly, startling Discord as he quickly acted like he was doing something else.

“Oh, uh, hey Mister Discord. I thought you were already at the gymnasium.” It was Flash Sentry who interrupted his dancing session.

“I was just making sure I looked good before I’d go on to party.” blurted out an embarrassed Discord.

“I was also doing the same thing, but then I really felt like I had to go so, uh, I hope you didn’t hear any of it.” Flash said as he scratched the back of his head.

“Thankfully, I didn’t. And I don’t want to hear about it now.” the old man responded as he stared at his reflection in admiration. He’s still getting used to the way humans look, but gosh darn if he’s still looking as good as ever under this new form!

Flash Sentry washed his hands and dried them all the while Discord was striking poses in front of the mirror. He was keeping an eye on the student and watched him leave before he stopped this ridiculous display of vanity to focus back on the important matter at hand.

I absolutely must impress all of them! My friends, the students, the teachers and... Fluttershy! I’ll show them Discord’s groove!

“Alright, three, two, one, go.”

Discord began to dance, but then the door opened and Micro Chips entered the restroom.

“What the?”

“Grah! I’ll just use the janitor’s closet then.”


“Where in tarnation is he? The party’s just about to start.” Applejack wondered as she looked around the gymnasium.

Principal Celestia, vice-principal Luna and all the other teachers were already on stage, ready to announce the start of the event and yet, Discord was nowhere to be seen. Odd since you’d expect him to be at the forefront of the festivities.

“I guess he must be preparing himself to hit the griddy, as he said quite often in today’s class.” Twi said. “He’s adapting quite rapidly to his new environment, I gotta say.”

“At least he’s enjoying himself in this world. I was afraid he’ll reject it simply because he can’t use his magic as a human.” Sunset added on a positive note.

“Well, magic doesn’t define who you are as a person, so I'm glad to see that Discord is learning this.” Fluttershy affirmed.

“He still has one more lesson to learn, doesn’t he?” Rainbow Dash said as she leaned closer to Fluttershy.

The shy girl lowered her head in anxiety. “Oh, y-yeah. I’ll tell him as soon as I can. I just hope it won’t bring down his mood especially since it’ll be so soon in the party.”

Sunset Shimmer placed a hand on her friend’s shoulder and smiled. “Don’t worry about it, Flutters. We’ll cheer him up if that’s the case.”

“Heh... Thanks girls.”

In the meantime, Rarity was growing ever more impatient. “Can he please come already? I want to see my work in all its full glory!”

“Come on, come on! Friends aren’t supposed to keep us waiting! I wanna dance with him! Play with him! Talk more with my childhood hero!” Pinkie blurted out as she struggled to keep herself in place.

“I almost forgot about that cartoon! It must be funny for you all to see the real Discord in place of the fictional cartoon character.” Sunset said.

“It isn’t just funny to me! It’s super-duper awesome!” Pinkie responded as she bounced around in place.

“And next thing we know... we’re in the Matrix.” Rainbow Dash added.

In the back, Snips and Snails had their eyes glued to their phone, mostly on their camera as they frantically searched around for Discord.

“Where is he? We can’t afford to miss his dance moves if we want our video to go viral.” Snips said as he jumped in place to get a better view.

“How are we going to call our video? I’m thinking maybe something like ‘quirked up white man with a little bit of swag bust down senile style. Is he goated with the sauce?’. Does that sound good?” Snails proposed.

“Woah, dude! That’s perfect!”

“I know!”

Not too far from these two idiots, Trixie stood there, leaning against the wall. She was holding a few smoke bombs in her hands to which she stared at. Tonight, was going to be her chance to make a great impression as an aspiring magician. It would also be her chance to show Discord that she’s the better entertainer. Overall, it was a very important night for her, and she was going to give it her all.

“You may consider yourself great and powerful, but atlas, I’m the Greater and More Powerful Trrrixie. You’re just an old man who’s desperate to stay hip and that sure doesn’t fly by today’s standard... filthy boomer.”

Her phone vibrated in her pockets. “Oh? It’s time already? Very well, off to practice.”


“Grah! Sunnava.... Evidently, choosing the janitor’s closet wasn’t the wisest decision I've made.”

Indeed, it wasn’t. Discord was trying to dance in a rather claustrophobic closet and thus hit his arms and legs constantly.

The only good thing about this closet was the lack of cameras, but that sure wasn’t helpful considering what he’s attempting to do.

“Oh well... I’m chaos incarnate. I’ve existed for millennia's, dancing in front of a school is no biggy for someone like me.” He said as he readjusted his tie. “I’m just gonna go on stage and be awesome to which I already am all the time on a daily basis.”

He slammed the door open, accidentally knocking out Derpy Hooves as she was passing by.

“Oh, hey Derpy.” He briefly said as he walked pass her in direction of the gymnasium.

Derpy quickly regained her senses and got up, noticing Discord as she did. “Hey, Discord!”

The old man stopped and looked over his shoulder. “Yes?”

The quirky girl reached for something behind her back and pulled out a muffin. “Want a stress-reliever muffin?”

“Well, I’m not really anxious or anything but I’ll take the muffin anyway. Thanks for the treat, Derpy.” Discord said, lying about his stress.

“Good luck out there!” Derpy said as she waved him goodbye.

Aw, isn’t she such a treat? Hey, hold on... “The party’s the other way in case you didn’t know...”

“Oh really? He he, my bad!”


“Why did you want to see me, Trixie?”

Flash Sentry waited in the hall for a bit before the aspiring magician arrived as she had promised. The text he had received from her didn’t specify why she wanted to see him, but he supposed it must be important. Now, these two weren’t best friends or anything but Flash can’t help himself to lend a helping hand to others, even if he barely knew them.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie will perform on stage tonight but she is facing a problem she can’t solve alone.” Trixie started.

“And that problem is?”

“Some tricks require a second person in order to work, but poor Trixie has no one... Will you be my assistant just for the night?” She said as she grabbed her hat and gave him the puppy’s eyes.

Flash Sentry was about to respond, but stopped himself just before he could give a hasty one. He thought about it for a moment and realised that there wasn’t much to gain by saying no to her. With luck, Trixie might be kinder to him after her performance. Who knows, maybe she’ll even want to become friends with him! She doesn’t look all that bad if you see past her high and mighty attitude that is admittedly a tad bit annoying at times.

Flash smiled at her. “Hum, sure Trixie, I’ll help you.”

Trixie’s face lit up like a shooting star. “Really? You’d help the Grateful and Humble Trixie?”

“I’d be glad to.” The aspiring magician had to calm herself down because of how much she was happy to finally have an assistant, even if it was for just this party. It was still better than to be a lone wolf to which she had grown accustomed to over the years.

“Then come with me. Trixie requires your services right now.”


“Hold on a minute... I think I’m lost.” Discord realised he still doesn’t know the layout of the school even after spending a few days there. Then again, he only really went to his class, the cafeteria and the entrance. The rest was alien to him. He was essentially a headless chicken strolling around an unfamiliar location.

Now where could the gymnasium be? It can’t be that far from my current position, right? I mean, I’d hear the party going on if I was close to it.

He could, in fact, hear the party in the distance but it was heavily muffled. He was quite far.

“Ooh! Need help, Discord?” That voice...

“Pinkie Pie? Why aren’t you already at the party?” Discord asked, confused at the mere sight of Pinkie Pie being away from such an important event.

“Because I’m not going to party without my cool new friend! You’re part of our group, right? Then, we shall party together!” Pinkie explained as she dropped from the ceiling and hugged the old man.

“Cool, more popping up from the ceiling... How did you know I was here?”

“I didn’t! I was just running around the school like a headless chicken until I happened to find you!” Pinkie exclaimed as she imitated a headless chicken to which Discord found it amusing.

“Well, in that case, you can lead me to the gymnasium, can’t you?”

Pinkie Pie looked around the many hallways in the school with an oddly nervous expression. “Uh oh... I think I may have a memory blank, he he. I guess we’ll just have to look around and hope we find it in time! Hey, on the upside we’ll get to spend some time together!”

Discord frowned. “Wahoo... Just my luck.”


At this point, the party had already started and everybody was dancing along to the music. Things were going great, but the Rainbooms were more concerned with Discord than the party itself.

“We can’t let him miss all the fun! What kinda friends would we be if we left him out of this?” Applejack said to the rest of the group.

“Don’t worry girls! I know someone who can bring him to us!” Pinkie Pie joyfully exclaimed.

“Great! Can you send them to find Discord in the school?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“That’s already done, Shimmy!”


“Ooh! Ooh! The music’s getting louder! That means we’re getting closer!”

Discord breathed a sigh of relief, finally he was closing in on the party. Pinkie’s erratic decision making and bouncy nature made it difficult to follow her throughout the school, so it took more time than it should have to arrive at the gymnasium.

“Finally, it’s high time I show everybody what I’m made of. Spoiler alert; it’s 100% pure awesomeness.” Discord exclaimed to the pink-haired girl.

“I have no doubts you’ll leave everyone in awe, Discord! You’re the best!”

“That I am.”

The old man opened the door and joined up with the rest of the partygoers. The event was quite impressive; lots of decorations, a light show, a DJ and food stand showed there was a lot of effort put into it. Discord looked back only to notice that Pinkie Pie was gone.

“Uh, Pinkie?” He looked around and eventually found her hanging by her friends though it was difficult to make her out amongst the crowd. “How did she sneak past me like that?”

The deafening volume of the music was probably why. Anyhow, Discord wanted to bust down senile style at the party, and who better to see it first than his friends? Cough cough, Fluttershy.

As he made his way towards them, he bumped into the last person he’d like to chat with. “Hey watch it!”
“The Great and Power- Oh not you again, you snubbish jerk!”

Discord noticed that Flash Sentry was standing by her side, unusual considering those two barely even talked outside of class. “So, you’ve made a friend? How cute.”

“He’s uh...” Trixie glanced briefly at Flash, before continuing. “j-just my assistant for tonight. Nothing more, nothing less.”

Her assistant looked rather disappointed by her answer. Nevertheless, he stood up for her. “Why don’t you go bother other students, Discord? We’re just preparing ourselves for the upcoming spectacles.”

“Heh, thanks assistant. A good assistant always assists his master, even outside of the show.” Trixie commented.

Discord watched the both of them leave and then a thought came to mind. W-wait a minute... Am I becoming the bad guy again? Oh whatever; I’ll think about it later. For now, I must hit the griddy for Fluttershy.

“Hey Discord. Took your sweet time, ay?” Applejack said as she saw the old teacher finally joining them.

The old man pulled out a pair of sunglasses and putted them on to give himself a more professional look. “Yes I did. I had to perfect my dancing skills before I could put on a show.”

Rainbow Dash spun towards Discord and asked: “So, you practice dancing before coming? Mind telling us what kind of dance are you gonna be doing for tonight?”

“Why it’s none other than the dance utilised by the greatest pop singer ever! You know him, and you’ll be impressed at my sick moves, Dashy.” Discord responded, lifting his sunglasses to give Rainbow Dash a smug glare.

“I thought you were gonna call it seizure or something...”

Fluttershy awkwardly inched herself closer to the old teacher and said something. He couldn’t hear it for her voice was terribly drowned out by the music and the cheers of the partygoers.

“I’m sorry Fluttershy; I-I can’t hear you over the sound of the party. Could you repeat?” He said as he leaned over to her, tilting his head to the side so his ear could face his friend.

“I s... co... you........... please? It’s not....anything.... just that I find....... table.”

“Oh, uh... sure thing Flutters!” Discord exclaimed, having clearly not understood what she said to him. He was good at guessing what his friend wanted, so with a completely different idea in mind, he left the group in search of... something?


So many drinks to choose, so much food to eat, it was overwhelming for Bulk Bicep and his refined taste buds. He stood there, mesmerised at the various options available, mostly wondering how the school was able to afford this much food just for this party alone. Guess things must have changed ever since Sunset Shimmer turned into a demon.

Yeah, speaking of that, the school has become very popular around the country for all of the Equestrian magic incidents. As such, the ever so growing attention brought onto it has also allowed for more funding coming from “mysterious donators”, but that’s not important right now. What was important, was how Bulk Bicep was going to destroy his mouth with all this delicious pastry.

He was so enthralled by the buffet that he didn’t notice Discord moonwalking over to him, slipping past him to steal a bit of food from his plate.

“Yeah! Bacon!” Bulk grabbed a nearby pincher and took some of that sweet bacon and that’s when he noticed some things were now missing from his plate. The missing food was comically replaced with cheese... and vegetables.

“Be careful what you eat. With a physique like yours, you’d want to avoid trans-fat. It’s bad for your health.” Well, he’s not wrong.

Bulk Bicep sighed. “Yes sir.”

“Hmpf! Still bossing people around I see.” Trixie was close by alongside Flash, both picking food for they want to have a full stomach before their performance.

“I’d rather call it; taking care of my student’s health, thank you very much.” Discord corrected.

“It’s hardly altruistic when you employ your usual condescending tone, old timer.” Trixie responded.

“I appreciate the criticism, Trixie. But shouldn’t you be more concerned about your performance? I know I am.”

Flash interjected. “He’s right, Trixie. We should practice one last time.”

“Fine, we’ll see who wins the best performance award after our magic show, Discord.”

After they left, Discord realised he had forgotten why he even came to the buffet.

“Oh snap! I must bring Fluttershy her favorite food!”


Later in the party, Trixie and Flash were prepping themselves for their magical act backstage. A few other contestants for the talent show were there, but Discord was nowhere in sight for the moment.

“So, uh, what kind of tricks will you do? And most importantly, how can I help you with them?” Flash asked.

Trixie pulled out a variety of items from her bag. “Disappearing pencil trick! Smoke bomb entrance! Card guessing! I have them all, Flash! I, the Great and Powerful Trrrixie will only need you to perform simple commands. I’ll just say things like, ‘bring me this’ or ‘say a number between 1 and 10’, you know, stuff you don’t need to practice.”

“Oh, w-well that’s good. I’m happy to help, Trixie and, uh, if you ever need any help in the future... you could ask me to lend a hand.”

Trixie stopped and stared for a moment, taken aback by such a nice offer. Her face showed a much different emotion from her usual high and mighty look. “Um, Trixie appreciates your kindness, assistant.”

Suddenly, someone jumped on stage with them. “Swag.” It was Discord, who was now looking more confident than ever in his human body. “As of today, I’m straight up ballin.”

Trixie’s face turned cold once more. “Great... him again.”

Now wearing a sick-looking hat, Discord proudly moved next to the other contestants. “Yes, I’m back, and I've got some new tricks. This is gonna become a viral video by the end of the night, I can already tell.”

On the other side of the curtains, Principal Celestia was just about to announce the start of the talent show. “Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to Canterlot High’s talent show! Tonight, we have 9 wonderful participants who will demonstrate their special talent! Let’s all be respectful and give a round of applause for the first participant; Twilight Sparkle!

Discord leaned forward out of surprise. “Huh?! I didn’t know she was going to be in this show!”

Trixie stared intently at the invention Twi was holding in her hands with discontent. “Ugh, this girl’s such a nerd. I can’t let the people be swayed by mere machinery. My magic will woo them into giving me first place, right assistant?”

Flash gave her an awkward thumbs up. “Y-yeah. I’m sure you’ll do great, Trixie.”

Discord began his stretching routine, now packing dancing clothes. As he did, he could feel his bones cracking. “Oh my, I believe I may be currently experiencing mortality. It’s quite... unpleasant, but thankfully I don’t have a lot of time left before I get to return home.”

Twi stepped on stage with her newest invention yet; a cooking robot from what it looked like. Feeling admittedly nervous now that everyone’s eyes were on her, the nerdy girl cleared her throat. “Well, I, uh, present my newest invention. It’s a cooking robot for when you simply don’t have the time to cook. I’ll just let it do its thing so you can get a better picture of what it’s capable of.”

From behind the curtains, Discord looked unimpressed. “Pff, I can cook minute rice in 30 seconds. An invention like that doesn’t mean much to me.” Then again, he can do practically anything thanks to his magic, so it’s not like his opinion holds any weight.

“I once heard that Discord the draconequus ordered a steak at a restaurant.” Flash said casually.

“Yes, and?” Discord asked.

“The steak did what it was told.”

Discord laughed. “Okay, okay. That’s pretty good, funny man. And here I thought you were just plain boring; guess I was wrong about you.”

“I... for some reason get that a lot. Well, either that or I get called Brad for some reason.”

“Oh please; give me another one!”

“O-Okay then, um... Discord’s calendar go from March 31 to April 2nd because no one fools Discord.”

Discord clapped his hands in approval. “Amazing! So it would seem that I have become Chuck Norris in this world, haven’t I?”

“Shush!” Trixie hushed them for she was busy listening to Twi introducing her invention. She was gaging her performance to then compare it to her magic act. “Trixie is listening!”

“Discord doesn’t care much my dear.” Discord added in a mocking tone.

Flash walked up to the magician with a comforting look on his face. “Don’t stress yourself over winning, Trixie. All that matters is that you leave a good impression on the crowd. I mean, being a beloved magician has always been your dream, right?”

Trixie sighed. “Yeah, but I still want everyone to remember my performance. People always tend to remember the winner more than the other participants. This is why Trixie must be the best!”

Flash chuckled. “I’m sure people already remember you pretty well for all the stunts you’ve pulled over the years at this high school. I mean, you did technically win the Battle of the Bands which I found very impressive, cause, like, you beat us back there!”

Discord raised an eyebrow. So, she’s actually talented at something else other than magic? Go figure.

Trixie couldn’t help herself but smile confidently. “Yeah, I almost forgot about that because of the whole siren thing but... yeah, I won. Ha ha ha! Trixie can do almost anything she wants to for she is powerful and great! Being super great is just in my nature.” she finished by twirling her hair with sass.

“Next up; we have the magician, Trixie Lulamoon!” Celestia announced.

Luna tapped her shoulder and whispered something into her ear.

“And her new assistant; Flash Sentry!”

From behind the curtains, Trixie gasped. “It is our turn! Quick assistant, fetch me the equipment now! We don’t have much time!”

“Y-Yes Trixie!”

In the meantime, Discord looked at the other participants. He recognised some familiar faces; Lyra and Bon Bon as always, Snips and Snails which was surprising to think that they have any talents beside being dumb as a brick and lastly, Bulk Bicep.

“So, Bulk; whatcha doin’ tonight?” he asked in a hip sounding voice.

“I’m playing on the world’s smallest violin! Look!” Bulk pulled out a comically small violin and played a sad tune on it.

“This is gonna be so easy.”

On stage, Trixie was performing all the tricks she had learned up to this point, with a bit of help from her new assistant of course. The crowd was in awe at her expertise has she masterfully executed every trick without fail.

Their cheers got to Discord, who felt threatened by how well she was doing. At this rate, the crowd will be more likely to declare her as the winner alongside the two sisters. I must do something now.

“And now for Trixie’s finest trick yet; the, huh?!” Music started playing over the speakers, which there wasn’t supposed to be any for her performance. “W-who... Discord!”

Discord came out of the curtain with sassy look as the song kicked in. “Ladies and gentlemen, you wanted to see me hit the griddy; so let’s get it on.”

Being very familiar with the disco era, the old man started busting some 70’s inspired dance moves. In little time, he won the crowd over as their attention shifted from Trixie to him now.

“You gotta be kidding me.” Trixie muttered as she realised, she’ll have to go higher than before to reclaim their admiration. She dropped a pencil that she used for one of her tricks and rolled it towards Discord.

Too focused on his sick moves, the teacher failed to notice the hazard coming his way and tripped. “Argh! My back!”

“Ladies and gentlemen, the Great and Powerful Trixie will now perform a very daring trick for you. I will put Flash Sentry inside a coffin and saw him in half!” Now the crowd was invested in what she had to offer.

Flash’s jaw dropped. “What?! T-this trick of all?!”

“Yes indeed.” Briefly responded the magician.

“Please tell me you know what you’re doing.”

“Trixie is the greatest magician in Canterlot City; of course she knows what she’s doing.”

She snapped her finger, indicating to Flash that he had to bring the coffin to her. “This is a trick that has been passed down in my bloodline of great and powerful magicians. Today, you will get to witness it thanks to yours truly.”

Flash gazed nervously at the coffin. “I-I believe I should h-hop in, right?”

Trixie nodded “Yes, I am ready to commence.”

The young man hopped in and Trixie closed the coffin, leaving only his head and feet sticking out from both ends. The magician then lifted her saw high up in the air for all to see.

“Now then, I will begin.”

In front of the stage, Celestia and Luna wondered if they should stop her, just in case something goes wrong. Nevertheless, she sawed through the coffin.

Flash Sentry watched, terrified but then, he was surprised. Her saw reached his abdomen, but he felt nothing. Then, the coffin split in two and he was still alive and well. To show that her trick wasn’t bogus, Trixie moved the two ends further away from each other.

Everybody gasped as they finally recognised her greatness as a magician. Even Discord was surprised.

“How did she do that without magic? Unless... she has actual magic like Sunset and Co. If that’s the case, then this whole world is just complete and utter garbage!”

Discord got up to resume his dancing routine only to be stopped by a terrible pain in his back. “What’s happening to me? It’s worse than being stuck as a statue for a millennium!”

Trixie reconnected the two pieces and opened the coffin, allowing an awestruck Flash Sentry to leave.

Discord hunched over in pain and coughed, catching the attention of both Celestia and Luna. The two jumped on stage to see what was wrong with the old man.

“Discord, are you alright?” Celestia asked with much concern in her voice.

“I believe my old age is catching up with me in this mortal body.”

“O...kay?”

“Well anyhow, your injury seems rather bad to me. We’re taking you to the infirmary.” Luna announced to the ex-draconequus.


“Aw, that’s not fair! I wanted to tell him tonight.” Fluttershy exclaimed as she watched Discord being escorted away.

Sunset placed an affectionate hand on her shoulder. “Don’t fret Fluttershy; you’ll get another chance tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow if we’re THAT unlucky.”

“I just want to get it over with; it’s making me nervous just to think about having this conversation...”

As for Trixie? She got to bask in her very own glory for once and it was beautiful, at least for her. Flash couldn’t help but smile as he saw her face lit up with joy. Maybe I'm just a little too desperate after Twilight... He thought to himself but before he could push his thoughts further, Trixie turned to look at him.

“Huh? W-What is it?”

“C-Could you... tell me a Discord joke, please? I... Trixie kinda likes them.”

Flash was taken aback; he could swear Trixie was blushing for just a brief moment.

“U-Uh, sure. Let me think about one... Discord was once bitten by a king cobra, after five days of excruciating pain; the cobra died.”

"Trixie appreciates your humour."

Author's Note:

Fun fact: Discord can speak braille AND hear sign language!

Source: Trust me on this one :raritywink: