• Published 24th May 2023
  • 731 Views, 49 Comments

Chaotic Endeavors - JeSuisLaPorte



After losing a bet, Discord is dared by Spike to spend an entire week in the human world. Sounds easy, until he realises that he can't use his magic as a human.

  • ...
1
 49
 731

Wednesday: One Bad Day

Sunset woke up today to the sound of furious typing coming from her laptop. As she rose out of bed, she spotted Discord doing some research on it.

“What are you doing? It’s barely even 6 am...” she asked in a hoarse voice.

“I’m just researching Equestrian magic in the human world. Sadly, there doesn’t seem to be much result. Such a shame, especially since you’ve told me that you had to deal with magical threats fairly often. I’d have figured that maybe some people might have uncovered its secrets.” explained the old man, as he glued his face to the laptop, figuratively speaking. If he had magic, he might have actually done it for real.

“Do as you please, just don’t forget to recharge it before we go to school.”

“Oh, don’t worry, dear. I don’t easily forget important things. I have an incredible memory for an ancient being.” No response. Sunset Shimmer already fell asleep. “Oh well, I guess the alarm will wake her up on time. Good thing she believed me...”

Indeed, as you may have guessed, Discord wasn’t actually researching about magic, though it would have also made sense. No, he was searching for a way out. The portal can only open on one side, that of Equestria, meaning he had to somehow find a way to get one open or at least, predict when a portal would open. He hoped that the Internet would provide such answer for Sunset did say that the Internet held the answer to all your questions. Maybe she was wrong, ‘cause there’s nothing!

Oh poo... How is this loser supposed to help me when I only get results about ‘Bronies’ when I ask it about Equestria! You know even less than I do, Internet!

Someone please tell him that the Internet isn’t actually a living being...


On their way to school, Sunset and Discord kept getting weird looks. It would appear that even though she did tell some students about Discord’s true nature, the majority of the school still had the wrong idea about them.

“Looks like we’ll need to do more if we want to break the rumours. We’ll need some concrete proof that he has no you know, ‘romantic’ feelings for you... and Fluttershy too.” Twi said, surprising the two of them.

Discord scoffed. “How can they all be so crude? I’m just Fluttershy’s friend, can’t they understand that?”

Twi giggled for a bit. “Apparently no, because now they believe that you are building yourself a harem with all seven of us!”

“Oh that’s just gr- wait what?!” Discord was taken aback by the wacky turn this rumour had taken. He almost looked traumatised with how exaggerated his expression was.

“Yeah, not really the most flattering rumour for all of us. Then again, I don’t mind much. As long as we got each other, it’ll be fine!”

The old teacher saw something move around Twi’s bag and that caught his attention. “Twilight; what’s in your bag? I can clearly see it move and I don’t think bags move on their own.”

“Oh that? That’s just Spike. Hey Spike, come say hello to Discord!”

A small dog poked its head out of the bag and Discord chuckled. “Hey Spike, nice seeing ya.” he said in an ironic tone.

“Hey, Discord! Twilight told me about you. She sometimes brings me to school but not always because of the no pet policy. I must remain hidden from everybody pretty much but I don’t mind that as long as I get to spend some time with her friends.” Spike explained in a cheerful voice.

“That’s just wonderful. Hey Spike, want a treat?” He said as he held out a cookie from his hand.

Spike salivated at the sight of this delicious treat. “Oh yes!”

“Here you go, good doggy!”

Discord tossed the treat and Spike ate it in one bite. His face quickly turned to disgust as he spat out the crumbs.

“My bad, Spike. I must have overcooked this one.”

Twi sighed. “Hey, try not to poison Spike while you’re staying in our world, okay?”

Discord touched his heart while faking a hurt expression. “My I’m not intentionally trying to poison your puppy!” He quickly turned his head towards Sunset Shimmer and whispered. “I absolutely hate his guts already.” Turning back his head towards Twi and Spike, he said. “I like Spike. No really, I do.”

Sunset Shimmer simply laughed it off. Yeah, as if he’s bad enough to poison a dog. Discord is all bark and no bite nowadays... But, is he though? “Discord, don’t do it. I already know about the things you’ve done, post reform.”

“It was just a joke, lad... just a joke”


Anyhow, Sunset arrived in class. Today, they had a writing assignment, which is why she needed to bring her laptop. The teacher explained their assignment, and left them to work on it. It was at this moment, right when she opened it that she realised; Discord forgot to recharge it after his morning research.

Dang it Discord! You said you were going to do it!

Right then, the door opened and Discord walked in as if he always belonged here.

“Excuse me, mister Cranky Doodle, but I have some problems with the projector. I heard you were the person to ask for these kinds of issues.”

After he finished his sentence, the old man noticed Sunset glaring at him from across the class. In this very moment, he remembered that he forgot to do something rather important. Oh poop! The laptop! How could I have forgotten? Oh right... I was lost in my desperate want to escape.

Cranky Doodle angrily mumbled something under his breath and stood up. “Lead the way, Discord. But if I find out it’s not worth my time, there’ll be consequences.”

“Oh, I’m fairly certain it’ll be worth your time, donk- I mean sir.” Discord always acted as if he knew what he was doing and to be fair, he is most of the time. But in this world where he knows next to nothing about its technology, Sunset knew he was merely keeping up an illusion of confidence when in reality, he’s hopelessly lost without her aid.

It’s quite funny, and Sunset probably would have found it funny had it not been for her predicament imposed by Discord’s inability to supposedly remember a simple request from a “friend”. You’re not gonna get away with this! She thought to herself as she watched the old man leave with the cranky teacher.

Their conversation will happen right after class, and she’ll make sure he won’t be able to avoid it.


The bell rang and all the students left Discord’s class feeling... exhausted. Now, why were they feeling exhausted exactly? Ask them and they’ll probably point out the incessant dad jokes, the ‘back in my world/days speeches’ or maybe even the fact that he kind of sounds like he doesn’t know what the hay he’s doing. But today, it was perhaps because they got their grades on the latest exam and boy, oh boy was it not pretty.

Anyhow, they all left without saying a word, except for Fluttershy who thanked him for trying to be a good teacher even though she doesn’t really believe what she’s saying, she just feels bad for him. As for Discord? His head is far too stuck up the clouds to realise that he’s not doing it right.

After the last one left, his class was now silent and peaceful. “Hmm, now what should I do for recess? Listening to the Rainbooms perhaps? Or how about doing some ‘hall monitoring duties’?”

The door slammed open, catching the old teacher by surprise. “Discord!!” Two exclamation points, now that’s a rare sight.

“O-Oh, Sunset Shimmer. What brings you to my classroom?” Sunset simply tossed her laptop on his desk and stared him down with a less than pleased look.

Oh snap! I forgot about the laptop! “It would appear I might have forgotten something, but it’s not the end of the world if I forget to charge a laptop now is it?”

“Can’t you at least make the effort to remember?”

“Don’t worry, Sunset; this is a one-time occurrence. It won’t happen again! I, uh, Pinkie promise!” Discord said with an innocent smile on his face.

Sunset rolled her eyes. “Alright then, I’ll let it slide just this once but I'd like it if you made more conscious effort to be helpful. I’m nice enough to share my apartment with you, the least you can do is to listen to my occasional demands.”

After she left, Discord looked at the computer on his desk. Maybe now was the right time to do more research on the Internet regarding the mysterious link between Equestria and this world. Come to think of it, does it even have a name? He never thought to ask Sunset about that.

“Oh well... that’s a question I’ll save for later. Now then, where did I left off?”

He typed back the question he wrote that morning and resumed his research, a hopeless endeavor he’ll soon realise for humanity doesn’t have a good grasp on magic. It was after all introduced by ponies in the first place but asking these questions to Sunset will get her onto his back and he didn’t want that to happen.

Spike wouldn’t let him play again if he cheated his way out, but in Equestria, where he possesses near unlimited magic, he can trick all parties involved in a multitude of ways. Yes, he could create a clone of himself to spend the time in this pitiful world while he rested somewhere comfortable in Equestria, with his magic of course.

“Don’t think you can mock the Great and Powerful Trrrixie with this awful grade you bestowed upon her!”

Oh great, not this self-absorbed narcissist again. “I would sure love to mock you, Trixie, but sadly, I have played by the book this time. Your grade is entirely your doing and not mine. So please, go bother someone else with your fancy talk of grandeur and leave me alone while I do ‘teacher’ stuff.”

“Fine, maybe it is my fault I botched it, but it doesn’t excuse what I saw you do with Fluttershy. You’ve helped her cheat! Therefore, I request that you make her redo the exam!” Trixie shouted in an undignified tone.

The worst part was, she was right and Discord somehow had to find a way to bail both he and Fluttershy out. He was just trying to be a good friend, but bad things happen even when you have good intentions in mind. A lesson he will probably never ever learn...

“And what proof do you have that I unfairly helped her? I’m afraid simple words won’t cut it with Princes- Principal Celestia.”

Trixie smirked. “I’m sure she’d be inclined to listen NOT just to me, but to multiple students.”

Discord’s eyes briefly widened and he quickly regained his composure, not wishing to show any weakness before what would become his greatest enemy in here. “What?”

“I, the Great and Powerful Trixie have rallied many students in my class to my cause against you. Let’s see you brush that off!”

“Fine then, I’ll face your accusations head on and prove that Fluttershy didn’t need my help whatsoever to pass the exam. I, the Greater and more Powerful Discord will beat you at this game that you’ve so kindly instigated.”

Trixie flipped her hair up with arrogance. “Hmpf! I’d like to see you try but an honest student will always prevail over a terrible teacher.” And on that note, she left Discord’s class, leaving the ex-draconequus quite angry and anxious all at once.

Okay so... when in doubt, ask Sunset to bail you out!


“Umm, no.”

“But Sunset; aren’t friends supposed to help each other out in times of need?”

Sunset Shimmer held her initial stance, Discord will have to deal with this problem on his own since he’s responsible for it in the first place.

The other Rainbooms watched silently as the two were talking in the corner of the room, wondering what this was all about.

“So, uh, are we gonna wait for them or are we gonna play now? It’s takin’ a bit too much time. We only have 15 minutes for this, remember?” Applejack said to the rest of the band. Sure, Sunset was important as she was a vocalist, but so is Twi.

They can do without her for just this once while she deals with Discord’s antics.

“Yeah, let’s just do something before I die of boredom...” Dash quickly answered.

The Rainbooms played their tune, lyrics made by Fluttershy as Discord would like to point out (no need to tell me how to narrate, thank you very much), which also had the side-effect of burying both Discord and Sunset’s voices.

“May I add that I'm not the only one who’s in trouble?”

“What? I can’t hear you!”

“I said; Fluttershy is also in trouble for this because I helped her cheat!”

“You did what?! Ugh, can’t you go for 5 minutes without causing trouble for both yourself and us?”

“I’m trying, Sunset! I’m trying!”


Inside her office, vice-principal Luna was doing some important business, well, that is what she wants you to believe. She was instead a bit busy playing Tirek’s Revenge on her console. On her desk still lied the embarrassing trophy calling her ‘Gamer Girl Queen’. A trophy she earned for besting Sunset Shimmer as the best player for that particular game, to which she slowly warmed up to, though she’d still prefer to keep this a secret.

A knock on the door surprised her and she hid her console under her desk. “Yes, come in!”

It was her older sister, Celestia, who entered her office. “Luna? Do you have some time to spare? I believe we’ve got a problem...” she said calmly.

“A problem?” she quickly glanced down at her console. “Uh, y-yeah, what is the problem?”

In response, Principal Celestia fully opened the door, revealing a big crowd gathered in front of Luna’s office, with Trixie being in charge of said crowd. In the blink of an eye, Luna pushed the trophy off her desk and into the trash.

“Vice-Principal Luna, the Great and Powerful Trrrixie would like to speak about her outrage regarding Discord’s unfair treatment of his students...”


Discord hung around his empty classroom, wondering just what he was supposed to do for the last few hours at school considering he had no class left for the day. Playing around with pen, staring at manuals, golly being a teacher sure was boring! Totally unfitting for the god of chaos even, as teachers love control and order which didn’t click with his nature.

Eventually, he got fed up of doing ‘teacher things’ and he decided to leave his classroom, only to spot on the other end of the hallway Principal Celestia, Vice-Principal Luna AND Trixie slowly making their way to him.

Oh no, looks like I’m in trouble. That is... unless there’s no Discord to chastise. Yes, that’ll do. He thought to himself as he stared at the open window.

“Discord, we’d like to discuss with you regarding some complaints coming from your students... Discord?”


Another game, another victory in the making for Rainbow Dash as she was juggling the ball around, expertly evading her adversaries. She was truly the best of the best when it came down to sports in Canterlot High. Some would even say, this is what peak performance looks like.

Now she was in front of the goal with a clear shot. Her next kick will blow the opposite team away and earn her more cheers from her teammates.

“Wha- huh?!” Or maybe not as she got distracted by a bizarre sight. That of Discord falling out of a window on the second floor on the school. This stunt also caught the attention of basically everybody else on the field.

The old man got back up as if the fall was nothing and ran straight in the soccer field. “Hey Rainbow Dash! Bye Rainbow Dash, be seeing ya.”

“What in tarnation are you doing?” Her question didn’t reach through as Discord was too busy vaulting over a nearby fence.

The coach walked up to his students and blew his whistle. “Let’s, uh, forget that happened and focus on the game, please!”


Sunset mentioned something about Sugar Cube Corner, so naturally Discord gravitated towards this candy shop to avoid a confrontation with the two sisters. “I’d like to have one cupcake with a chocolate milkshake, please.”

With the money he got from Sunset Shimmer, he could afford a little treat to make this boring day passable. He watched as the time pass, thinking about how everyone at school must be having a bad time while he gets to ravel in such pleasure.

The bell on the front door rang and immediately, Misses Cake went to greet the newcomers. “Hi there Miss Celestia and Luna. Happy to see you again!”

Discord choked on his cupcake. Hold up, what?! How did they know I was here?!

Celestia approached the crooked old man with a perplexed look on her face. “Discord? We’d like to talk with you for a bit if you don’t mind. We promise we won’t take much of your time.”

Vice-Principal Luna pulled out her cellphone and showed Discord the message she got from a certain ‘Pinkamena Diana Pie’. It read something along the lines of “He’s totally going to Sugar Cube Corner. Source; trust my Pinkie Sense!”

“But how did she kn- That doesn’t make any sense! She’s not even in Suga-”

“Hi Discord! I didn’t know you liked these kinds of places!” Somehow, Pinkie Pie found her way into Sugar Cube Corner. Even in this world, her powers are still an enigma. Powers that many tried to solve, oblivious to the fact that this was a hopeless endeavor.

“You gotta be kidding me. Grah! Can’t have anything fun in Canterlot City...”


“So? How did it go, Discord?” Sunset asked to Discord now that they were both back in her apartment.

“Fluttershy had to redo her exam and, thankfully, she passed so there’s no need to worry for my dear friend.” honestly responded the ex-draconequus.

“And as for you?”

“I got a slap on the wrist.”

“That’s really it-”

“Literally. Every student in my class got to slap me freely on the wrist. Now they both hurt...” Discord explained as he held out his wrist that appeared a little redder than usual.

“Uh... serves you right, I guess?”

Author's Note:

"Poor Discord. I hope that it didn't hurt too much..." :fluttershysad:

"Trixie likes to slap the elderly." :trixieshiftleft: