• Published 28th Mar 2023
  • 2,524 Views, 350 Comments

My Little Pony: Make Your Mark In Love - SamSwordsman123



After everyone thinks they're a couple, Pipp and Hitch realize their feelings for each other and start dating. Meanwhile Zipp, Sunny and Izzy also search for love. Unknown to them, Opaline continues her attempts to take all magic for herself.

  • ...
6
 350
 2,524

Chapter 7: Shiny Date

Author's Note:

Okay, some I’m gonna include a little bit of a flashback here since I didn’t get the chance to show Izzy asking Rufus out last time. Felt like I find of missed an opportunity there so I will be doing it this time. Hope you guys like it.

I enjoyed Chapter 4 of make your mark. It didn’t quite go how I imagined with Misty’s redemption. I expected Opaline to reveal she lied to her about being able to grant her a cutie mark and that would be the final straw for Misty. Of course I have Opaline have at least a bit of a heart in my version.

Lastly, I've put out two new MLP stories since I last updated this. Hope you'll check them out.

Izzy went with Pipp, Zipp, Hitch and a reluctant Sprout as they headed to Mane Melody.

“So, tell me about how it all went down with Rufus, Izz!” Pipp said.

“Well, I was just heading out and-“

Flashback:

While Zipp and Pipp were on their way back from Zephyr Heights Izzy walked the streets of Maretime Bay. Izzy emerged from the Brighthouse saying loudly and proudly, “Today’s the Day I ask a stallion out!”

But as she walked along the streets of Maretime Bay her eager smile began to fade. She soon found Rufus (or Hoofdini as he called himself when he was in his magician garb) doing tricks in the square. Several ponies watched him including Seashell, Glory, and Peach Fizz. They’d at first thought of Rufus as a phony but after he saved Glory from falling he’d become one of their favorite ponies after Pipp.

She watched him as he did his tricks with earth pony magic as well as magician ones. He threw a smoke grenade and vanished, then appeared from out of the earth.

“Behold my newest trick! Hoofdini Underground!” he said.

The ponies clapped.

“Great trick Hoofdini!” Seashell said.

“Thanks again for saving my life!” Glory said.

“No problem little filly!” he said as he ruffled her mane.

“Uh..hey Rufus… or Hoofdini!” Izzy said as she approached.

“Hello Izzy!” Rufus said. “Anything I can help you with?”

“Uh… I have to ask you something?”

“Oh you need the Great Hoofdini to answer a question? I’m sure I can be just as wise as I am great!” Rufus said. “Ask it then?”

Izzy tried to speak but the words wouldn’t come for a moment. “Would… would you like to… uh… would you… uh…”

“Yes?” Rufus asked.

“Would you like to go out with me?” Izzy half shouted.

That caused some of the ponies still watching to look at them. Rufus’s eyes widened, as did his mouth. For a moment Izzy was sure he was going to say no and then…

He grinned. “Yes! The Great Hoofdini would!”

End Flashback:

“That’s amazing Izzy!” Pipp said.

“Yeah, looks like we’re all finding somepony special,” Hitch said. “First me and Pipp, then Zipp has three suitors...”

“And more to come once we involve the Unicorns and Earth Ponies!” Pipp said.

“Don’t remind me. I’m thinking maybe it would be best to stick with just Pegasi. I mean… I need somepony who I can actually fly with,” Zipp said. “Or maybe… investigate. One or the other. But both would probably be even better. In fact speaking of investigating I need to get back to it when we reach the brighthouse.”

“And now you and Rufus, Izzy!” Hitch said giving Zipp and Pipp a slightly annoyed look since the sister had interrupted him. “I bet Sunny is gonna find somepony sooner or later.”

They arrived at the Brighthouse, Sprout hesitated as he recalled the last time he’d been here… the time he’d destroyed it when it was just a plain old lighthouse. Now it was the home of the Unity Crystals. He’d paid for the damage though, and he was still doing his community service. But the guilt still filled him. He would have suggested that he leave except for the fact that Sunny had invited him herself.

They opened the doors and Sprout saw the house was completely different. Sunny was still manning the smoothie stand until her shift was over.

“Well, this place certainly looks newer,” Sprout said as he looked around.

“Well it did need to be rebuilt from pretty much the ground up,” Hitch said to him before looking at the rest of his friends. “See you ponies later I need to get back to my patrol.”

He headed off. Zipp and Pipp got their bags from Zephyr Heights unpacked. Izzy then went to her work space as Sprout watched them for a while. He saw the wallpaper around each of their beds that held their cutie marks.

“I always thought Sunny was a crazy pony and a loser. But I was wrong,” Sprout said. “I know you ponies will never forget the things I did… but I swear I’ll try to be a better pony.”

“You seem to be already,” Zipp said. “Lost your arrogance and replaced it with sorrow. But we can work on that. I’m sure you’ll soon be a proud former villain who’s turned over a new leaf. Or in your case… cloverleaf.”

“Thanks,” Sprout said mopely. “I did nearly squash three innocent fillies. Something like that is bound to change a pony. Unless its somepony so heartless that they’re able to overlook that.”

“Well you might have been arrogant but you’re definitely not heartless,” Pipp said as she looked at him. “Maybe rough around the edges we can smooth those out.”

“Thanks, well… I’ll see you ponies later when we hang out. Thanks for… giving me a chance.”

He then walked off. Pipp headed off to Mane Melody while Zipp and Izzy stayed in the Brighthouse to work on research and art projects.

Zipp headed up to the top floor where the unity crystals were.

“Okay, so somepony wants to steal all the magic contained in these?” she said. “But who? These crystals are very powerful with the prisbeem. A pony that wants them must be able to handle a lot of power. Hmm. Unique powers? Like… Sunny! Like an alicorn!” Zipp said. “But who could that be? There isn’t a single alicorn out there besides Sunny that we know of at least. Twilight Sparkle became an alicorn and there was also Celestia, Luna, and somepony named Cadance as well. Am I missing anypony? Those are the most famous. But… what happened to all of them anyway?”

Opaline sat on her throne looking at an old picture of Twilight Sparkle, as well as Celestia, Luna, and Cadance.

“You thought you could keep me from my rightful place did you, Twilight? After I destroyed your precious Celestia and Luna?” she asked. “Those arrogant ponies thought they were so much better than me you know! They raised the sun and moon which gave them immense magic power and delayed aging! You had friendship and sweet little Cadance had love! Leh! I meanwhile represent fire. My very heart beats with the power. The power of WILL!” she shouted the last bit. “I alone among all the alicorns could create my own immortality with the force of sheer willpower! The rest of you needed to draw upon external sources to give you agelessness! Sun, moon, friendship, love! I am the best of all of you! Celestia and Luna, my wretched cousins who shunned me and locked me up the first time I tried to take all the magic and even when I offered to share it with them and give them complete immortality! But they refused and betrayed me, Locking me up for over a thousand and fifty years!”

Her voice echoed throughout her throne room. But then she spoke calmer.

“Although I did happen to meet a certain deviously wonderful pony there that gave me a wonderfully equally devious son,” Opaline said with a small smile. “That was good at least. And he turned out to be an alicorn like myself. Finally I had somepony I could truly shape in my own image. And one day I will rule over all of Equestria!”

Her evil laughter filled the room.

Once it was getting close to time for Izzy’s date, she and Zipp headed to Mane Melody, when they arrived Pipp sat Izzy down at one of the seats in front of the magic mirrors.

“I think that style we did a while back where you had flowers in your mane will be just what we need!” Pipp said.

She got to work and styled Izzy’s mane, filling it with small lilies. Jazz then came forward to give Izzy a hooficure for the occasion.

“Alright, anything come to mind for this occasion?” Jazz asked.

Ever since Izzy had helped Jazz find the inspiration to start making her own unique hooficure designs the Earth Pony had started doing hooficures for situations of all kinds. Ones that matched upcoming events, or just what she thought went well with a pony. Her patterns varied from matching cutie marks to things a pony liked.

Izzy thought for a moment. “Hmm. The guy I’m going out with is a magician so maybe something for that?”

“Magician huh?” Jazz asked. “How about this?”

She got out a sheet of scratch paper and drew the image of a wand with a moon on the top.

“I heard that was the cutie mark of a magician from ancient Equestria,” Jazz said. “Maybe I’ll add a little heart for romance.”

“That will be perfect!” Izzy said.

Jazz sprayed Izzy’s hooves, making them a little blue color with the wood bearing the moon on top and encircling it with a red heart.

“Yes! This is what I call a sparkle! And don’t forget the glitter.”

Jazz added glitter to Izzy’s hoof. Now it sparkled.

“You look great Izzy!” Pipp said.

“Yeah, pretty good,” Zipp said.

Hitch nodded. “I’m sure Rufus will love it.”

Sprout managed a small smile but didn’t say anything.

Izzy looked at the clock. “Just in time for my date with Rufus!”

She headed out and soon met Rufus. The sun was close to setting

“Wow,” he said as he saw her. “And I thought you looked fierce with that hooficure of a musical note the first time Jazz started making her own designs!”

“Thanks,” she said with a blush.

“Ready for a magical night?” he asked.

“I believe I am! What shall we do?” Izzy asked.

“Follow me,” Rufus said.

He led her to the edge of Maretime Bay before the woods.

“Uh, what are we doing here?” Izzy asked.

“Just watch and see,” Rufus said looking up.

The sky quickly grew dark, and the stars appeared.

“Oooh!” Izzy exclaimed.

“I like to gaze up at the stars every now and then,” Rufus said. “I know you like shiny stuff, especially glitter. Speaking of which…”

He reached into his magician robe pocket and pulled out a bottle filled with Izzy’s favorite thing.

“Glitter!” the unicorn exclaimed.

“Never enough for you is there?” Rufus asked with a chuckle.

“Nope!” Izzy said as she took the bottle in her magic. “Thanks Rufus!”

“No problem, Izzy.”

They looked up at the stars for a long time.

“Ah, a glitter that never fades,” Izzy said. “I could look at those all night.”

Suddenly her stomach rumbled.

“Or maybe not,” she said with a blush. “I still need to have dinner after all.”

“Well I had something in mind for that,” Rufus said as he reached into his magician bag once again.

He pulled out carrots and other vegetables that could be roasted over a fire. He also had matches and marshmallows. Procuring some twigs from the nearby woods with his plant magic, he then tried to light a match, but ended up wasting two.

“Let me,” she said.

She lit up her horn and shot a spark of magic at the wood they’d gathered. That did the trick. Fire lit up and soon the two ponies were roasting all the food. Rufus used a stick while Izzy levitated multiple things at once with her magic above the flames.

By the end of it they were famished.

“Ah that hit the spot.”

“One magical date,” Rufus said.

They looked back up at the sky in time to see a shooting star.

“Ooh, moving glitter!” Izzy said.

“Make a wish!” Rufus said.

“I think I will!” Izzy said.

There was silence. Rufus looked at her.

“Aren’t you gonna say it?”

“It’s jinxie to say your wish aloud,” Izzy said.

“Well, its probably about time to head back,” Rufus said. “I hope we get to do this again.”

“Me too!” Izzy said. “Thanks for the glitter!”

They headed back into town and soon parted ways.