• Published 28th Mar 2023
  • 796 Views, 81 Comments

Rebirth of Magic: Izzytastic! - JimmyHook19



The life and times of a unicorn who thought outside the box.

  • ...
7
 81
 796

A Meeting with Her Majesty

Well, this day sure took a crazy turn!

No sooner had we bumped into Zipp, then those two guards caught us! And then they took us away up the mountain and into Zephyr Heights! Totally amazing place, by the way, but I hardly think you'll want to hear me talking all about the different bits of scenery and stuff that I found around the place.

No. Whilst Sunny was busy looking down from the plaza in front of the palace, I was looking up. "They have a castle!" I said excitedly, pointing at the enormous structure in front of us. "Look at that! It's just like in Disneyland! I wonder if it gets smaller the closer to the top you get to create the illusion it's taller than it actually is?"

"Why don't we ask?" Sunny suggested. She looked to one of the guards, whom we knew to be Zoom. "Does the castle ge-"

"No speaking unless spoken to!" Zoom replied. "You're coming with us."

We were soon pulled through the door, and soon found lots of guard within the throne room. This place was even more magnificent than I'd thought it could be! Everything was gilded in white and gold, and light flooded in through windows. The whole place felt very warm and inviting to me, and I could only hope the figures we would meet would be equally warm and inviting.

The guards blasted a loud fanfare, and came to a stop as we were stopped in place. "Her Majesty, Queen Haven, and Their Royal Highnesses Pipp Petals and Zephyrina Storm!" Thunder boomed.

Just then, a dog came to a stop in front of the central throne. I knew this wasn't the Queen, but that moment had been so funny I couldn't resist the urge to recreate it. "Your Majesty," I said, bowing in front of the dog.

Sunny tapped me. "Don't mares normally curtsy?" she said.

"How the heck would we do that?" I replied. "It's not like we're wearing any clothes!"

Just then, the lights moved up, and the three members of the Pegasus Royal Family flew downwards, miraculously without getting the wires crossed or crashing into each other. The Queen was at the center, being the most important, and Pipp and Zipp were to her side. Pipp was on her phone (what a surprise), but Zipp was harder to read. She seemed nervous somehow.

The trio touched down in exact formation, and I saw Zipp. "Hi new friends!"

Zipp's eyes widened, and she shook her head. I nodded, and pulled my hoof across my mouth in a zipping motion.

Whilst all this was going on, the Queen fiddled with her sunglasses. "Guards, state your business," she said. "Pipp needs to rehearse, Cloudpuff here needs his bubble bath, and I need to practice my laugh." What followed sounded extremely forced. She frowned. "Still needs some work."

Zoom was next to speak. "Your Highness-"

"Your Majesty," Queen Haven corrected. "Ruling monarch is Your Majesty, anypony else is Your Highness."

"My apologies, Your Majesty. Slip of the tongue. But we apprehended these two outside the city." She indicated to us.

Queen Haven adjusted her glasses, and did what was possibly the most forced gasp ever. "What in Faust's name?" she asked. "A unicorn, and an earth pony, in Zephyr Heights?" This was accompanied by a sudden surge in volume. "Why are you here? Who sent you?"

"We've got them both under control, Your Majesty," Thunder said. "We fitted the shield, and this Earth Pony won't think to attack. Their capacity for logical thought is exceedingly limited."

Sunny looked annoyed again, whilst I looked at the tennis ball.

Queen Haven seemed to still be concerned. "Is this some sort of prelude to war? Or an invitation to dialogue? Nopony must know we have them here!"

"Check it out, guys!" said a voice. It was Pipp, and she had turned her phone to us. "Something that hasn't been seen in millennia! It's a unicorn and Earth Pony!"

Haven took the phone from her. "There's nothing to fear," she said. "They are under the custody of the army. We will protect you." She then glowered at Pipp. "Shut it off."

Pipp fiddled with some buttons whilst Sunny looked in her journal. "Your Majesty, I have a few questions-"

"I'll be the one asking questions, not you," the Queen replied. "Process them to the holding cells until Military Intelligence can question them. And confiscate the book!"

A guard took Sunny's book and moved us both towards another part of the palace. The Royals then vanished into the rafters as we were hauled away.

"They don't seem so nice," I said. "Then again, given that this place is in a state of cold war, other races turning up uninvited would cause some concern."

After a few minutes of walking, we reached the cells. The guard addressed us both. "It's going to be slightly crowded in there," she said. "We've already got a prisoner in there. You'll just have to learn to share."

Before we could react we were pushed into a cell, and the guard spoke again. "Play nice, you three," she said. "No stabbing things with horns, OK? I know how boisterous you unicorns can get."

Moments later, a figure suddenly appeared from behind a chair. She was a turquoise unicorn with a frizzy mane in blue and turquoise strands. "Err, hi guys! I'm Misty!"

"Misty? What are you doing here?" Sunny asked, looking very confused.

"You took the words out of my mouth," I said. "It's great to have another unicorn here! You have no idea how lonely it can be to be the solo unicorn in the group."

Several minutes passed, and we soon got to chatting with one another. I relaxed in the vibrating chair whilst Sunny looked through the list of Blu-Ray disks with Misty. "Yikes," she said. "They sure don't like the other species here."

"It seems that the propaganda is baked into every aspect of their society," Misty replied. "Like this one about a unicorn flooding the world in mayonnaise!"

"Bing bong!" I said quickly.

Both Sunny and Misty turned around. "I thought you weren't affected by those," Sunny said.

"Just checking," I said. "What surprises me more is that Misty didn't react. Are you from another part of unicorn territory?"

"You could say that," Misty said, looking quite shy. I chose not to press her further. Wouldn't want to be like Zipp at the sleepover, huh?

Just then, Zipp arrived, trotting down the corridor at great speed. "You three, we need to talk," she said.

"Your Majesticfulness!" I said. "How can we verily serve thee with our unhastidious ablutions?"

"What?" Sunny asked.

"Zipp. Just call me Zipp," she said. "Where are you two from? And not in the Equestrian sense."

"Wait," I said. "Are you saying that you used to be a human too?"

Zipp nodded.

"Welcome to the club, Zipp!" I said. "Seems like we're all in that boat in here. Well, maybe not Misty-"

"Yeah, actually," Misty said. "That's why I didn't react to the mayonnaise."

"BING BONG!"

"Izzy, that wasn't funny a minute ago and it isn't funny now," Sunny said.

Zipp seemed relieved at this revelation. "So, I can speak more frankly with you guys," she said, and held up the journal. "But we need to talk about magic, and specifically about this."

"My journal!" Sunny said. "What was it that interested you?"

"See the symbol in the book?" Zipp pointed out. "That's Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark. I've seen it all over the castle, and-"

Just then, a distorted fanfare played over some nearby speakers. It became apparent it was being played over a pair of phones, and then two guards rolled out a red carpet. Literally.

Pipp then bounced down the corridor. "Zipp!" she hissed. "What are you doing here? Mom told you to stay away!"

Zipp rolled her eyes, and smirked. "Right, right. Then what are you doing here?"

After chatting with her and confirming the suspicions about flight, Pipp then flounced away, with the two guards taking the carpet away with them. Zipp then turned back to us. "Right," she said. "I've got some stuff I want to check with you guys, but we can't really do it in here with you behind bars."

"Got any other ideas?" Sunny asked. "I'd rather not be stuck behind some walls and bars."

"Nopony would," I added.

"Of course," Zipp replied. "That's why I'm going to apply some leverage." She then headed away down the corridor.

With her gone, we went back to talking, when suddenly there was a rumbling noise. Misty looked sheepish. "Sorry. I haven't eaten in a really long time. I'm actually really hungry!"

Well, no matter. I pulled out my microwave and placed it on the floor. "Well, what would you like to eat?"

Misty's eyes went wide at the choice on offer. "I don't know where to start!" she said.

Well, you know what they say. Food is one of the fastest ways to somepony's heart. That, and a simple act of kindness costs you nothing!

Author's Note:

Now we finally encounter Misty Brightdawn from this story :3

TRebirth of Magic: In the Mists
The life and times of a pony caught between conscience and duty.
JimmyHook19 · 29k words  ·  23  7 · 670 views