• Published 28th Mar 2023
  • 796 Views, 81 Comments

Rebirth of Magic: Izzytastic! - JimmyHook19



The life and times of a unicorn who thought outside the box.

  • ...
7
 81
 796

The Zephyr Heights Job

As the music flooded in, I suddenly found myself asking myself why I agreed to these crazy schemes. The song acted as the perfect distraction, and as the lights shifted Sunny hopped on top of me. I braced to take the weight, but ponies sure do weigh a lot!

Sunny slipped about on top of me as she tried to move the crown into position. "Could you stop shifting about so much?"

I grimaced. "It's kinda hard to focus on where I'm moving when you're standing on my head!"

A bit more wobbling later, and Sunny finally seemed to have done it. "Swapped!" she said, passing the crown down to me. "Queen Haven didn't even notice a thing."

"Just like in the movie!" I said. "Now let's go!" I indicated to the exit. "Did Zipp indicate to you where to go?"

"Apparently there was a side alley she'd found that would hide our position," Sunny explained as she sprinted to the door. She then pushed the button to open it- and a guard was on the other side, talking on his phone.

Sunny quickly closed the door and turned around. "We need to find another exit."

I pointed. "Uh, Sunny? We've got another problem!"

Cloudpuff had appeared, and he was growling! We both screamed (quietly) and ran for another door as fast as we could. "Quick! Get that door open!"

Sunny slammed into the door button, and opened it. But Hitch was standing on the other side, in one of the weirdest disguises I've ever seen!

"Sunny Starscout, Izzy Moonbow, you are under arre-"

Sunny mashed the button again, and the doors slammed in his face. She looked at me. "I'd forgotten about Hitch!"

And unfortunately for us Cloudpuff was closing in. He covered the ground at incredible speed, and as he approached us he leaped into the air and into Sunny's bag, pulling the crown out and running off with it.

"No!" Sunny said. "We have to get it back!"

The door suddenly opened, and Hitch stormed in. "You two stop right there." Then his eyes drifted upwards to Pipp, and I could see he was entranced.

"Quick! Run whilst Hitch is distracted!" I shouted. Myself and Sunny set off into the chamber, trying to both find an errant dog and avoid a rather annoyed cop. This day was beginning to suck pretty bad, and I didn't even have any glitter to improve it with!

We weaved and dodged through the crowd to try and avoid being caught. Provided nopony looked too hard we'd probably look like other members of the crowd, but our luck would eventually run out. I rolled under a table and into another room.

Sitting on the table was another crown! I grabbed it and stuffed it into a bag before going back into the chamber. Sunny was in danger from that Hitch, and I wasn't gonna let my best friend down!

As I continued to speed forward through the room, I suddenly found Cloudpuff, who was going in the opposite direction to Zipp. I stopped in front of him, trying to dodge the lights that would reveal my super sparkly horn!

I looked at him, even as he growled at me. "Good doggy..."

Zipp then suddenly called out to me. "Izzy, what's that in your bag?" She dashed forward to put herself between me and a dog who looked like it was in bitey season.

"Oh, that's a crown I found in one of the dressing rooms," I said nonchalantly. It seemed that crowns just appeared in large amounts around here.

Zipp then addressed me again. "Izzy, I'm going to pass you at speed. Be ready to catch the object under my wing."

"Gotcha!" I said, and lowered my head. Seconds later, the crown touched down on my head, and I swung down to hide the fact Zipp had just pulled the other one out of my bag. I then deposited the crown to Cloudpuff, who seemed happy to have this fake in his teeth. He then trotted off, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Finally, we could set off for Bridlewo-

Hitch suddenly appeared nearby. "Stop right there!"

I sped off. "No thanks! I quite like the exercise!" I raced around as fast as I could, speeding under objects and trying to avoid being spotted as much as possible.

As I cleared the centre and moved to a safe place, I saw Sunny and Zipp talking. I didn't hear what they were saying, but it looked very urgent and important. I slowed down, but then saw Hitch coming our way again.

"This way!" Sunny called to me, as we ran off towards another part of the room.

"Any news?" I asked.

"Turns out the crown you found and the one Cloudpuff took from us were both fakes!" Sunny said. "Looks like somepony anticipated this theft!"

"Bummer," I said, as we skidded under a curtain and tried to hide.

Turns out we couldn't have made a worse choice. The space we had sliddden into? It was the technicians' room. A single pony was there, operating the sound systems and cables required for flight to work. He suddenly saw us, and screamed. "AHHH! IT'S THE PRISONERS! GET AWAY FROM ME!"

I glanced to Sunny. "I don't think he likes us very much."

"You think?" Sunny replied, before turning to the guard. "It's OK, we're not going to hurt you."

"That's what an earth pony would say, isn't it?" the technician replied, who ran away from the console. What followed was us running round and round the console in a ridiculous game of round and round the mulberry bush.

"It's OK!" I said. "We're not gonna fry your brain or anything!"

The technician didn't seem to buy this argument. "PLEASE SPARE ME! I HAVE A WIFE AND KIDS!"

We all stopped in front of the console again and he accidentally hit a button. We could see on the display that the sound systems were starting to power down and the lights were glitching pretty badly. The lights then focused on Hitch as he made up random words to the song. How dare he come up with silly songs! That's my job!

I noticed the technician move back onto the console. "NO! DON'T MOVE THAT LEVER!"

But it was too late. He moved the cable control lever backwards, and suddenly Pipp was being pulled around the chamber! I looked to Sunny. "We need to go, now, before this place goes wild!"

"I'm not arguing with you on that one!" Sunny replied, and we left the room and charged into the street, only briefly hearing shouting behind us as we made our way along.

Outside the city was pretty wild! Everywhere you looked there was shouting and noise, and ponies running around with big things! There was also the sound of sirens, and engines, and... wait. Was that gunfire?

We had to keep going as choppers roared overhead. Armored vehicles were starting to lock off several streets as we made our way out of the city. The scene wasn't much fun anymore. To be honest it was actually pretty scary.

Suddenly, Sunny's radio flickered into life. "Crown secured. Proceeding to extraction point!"

Zipp had the crown! Yay! We could get on with the plot!

Sunny quickly spoke back to her. "You'd better hurry! The city's being locked down! There's tanks and soldiers everywhere I look!"

Presumably the media was fully aware of the chaos we'd inflicted. We'd have to deal with that later. Our main focus was on getting out of here. I briefly heard a scream over the radio before the line abruptly went dead. "What was that?"

"I don't know!" Sunny said. "But all that matters is we get out of here!"

We skidded round a bend and came to a stop nearby. A tank had parked in the street and had trained its guns on the pathway. This wasn't going to work.

I pointed up. "Climb the side of the building and jump across!"

Sunny looked to me. "This had better work!"

I went across first, jumping clear as the tank seemed to take notice of us. I then turned back. "SUNNY! JUMP!"

Sunny glanced from the tank to me, and then sprinted for it, and jumped. She flew across the gap and grabbed onto my hooves. But she slipped, and fell down.

"DON'T LET GO!" she screamed, as something started spinning. I shifted backwards with all my might and pulled her onto the platform, just as a splatter of bullets flew from the tank.

That had been too close. They'd had it way easier in the movie. A chopper roared overhead, a heavy duty searchlight scanning the road below. They were serious about catching us here. But this time they weren't playing. Not at all.

We ran for it into the night, no longer caring about the mission and simply wanting to get out of here alive. Who knew heists could be so dangerous?

Author's Note:

And now the third portion for of Rebirth of Magic gets underway as of course.... we return back to more of Izzy Moonbow's perspective! :D :3