• Published 28th Mar 2023
  • 796 Views, 81 Comments

Rebirth of Magic: Izzytastic! - JimmyHook19



The life and times of a unicorn who thought outside the box.

  • ...
7
 81
 796

Livin' la Vida Moonbow

It was all very confusing at first. First driving down a road, then being turned into a fictional character, then swallowed up by a large amount of glitter? That sort of thing only happens in fanfiction, right?

But the situation unfolding before me suggested otherwise. As the wave began to drop down towards the ground, a large line of trees fell into view and I saw them before me, in vibrant and interesting colours. I got even more clues when I fell below the treeline and touched down on the ground in the middle of the forest.

Once all had stopped, and the glitter had vanished from the floor, I checked everything over to ensure I was still in one piece. Sure enough, it was still all there. Horn, muzzle, hooves, tail, mane, and even the bracelet! Sure enough all was in order and in its proper place.

I was still Izzy. Which was handy. How would the unicorns react to a human being deposited in the middle of a forest filled with no humans? They would surely go a bit crazy!

Or show no emotion whatsoever. That was what normally happened on the ground around here. A group of unicorns sat there, or slumped, looking completely lethargic and miserable.

"Hi guys!" I said, bouncing over. "How are you today?"

They looked up, barely moving their eyes. "Just great," said one, his voice revealing that the opposite was completely true. "We were fine here before you wandered in. Now can we please get some peace, Izzy?"

"Sure thing!" I said, and headed away, before stopping on the path. "Oooh," I said, spotting some lights on the pathway. "Crystals! There's so much magic here!"

One of the other unicorns suddenly perked up and looked at me. "She said a bad word!" he said, in an inexplicable British accent which sounded very out of place in this area. "Quick, so we don't get jinxed!"

I headed away before they started the strange 'bing bong' ritual which they had to do whenever they encountered the curse words. I, in my excitement to be within Bridlewood at last, a place I never thought I could go, had forgotten this.

On my way it was. I trotted down the path, the crystals guiding my way through the pathway and down to the forest floor. Some leaves scattered along the way, but the forest was absolutely beautiful. The trees glowed with spectral energy that provided natural light here. I believe the word you would use is bioluminescence? I just call it sparkle. All living things have it, by the way!

Anyway, my journey took a while to reach my home, which was nestled at the bottom of a copse of trees filled with green and purple plants. It was a literal treehouse, as it was carved out of a tree. It looked even better than it did in the movie in my opinion, and up ahead was the door. I bounded over and pulled it open, to see the interior was just as I remembered it.

"Home sweet home!" I said, and I shut the door behind me with a bang. So many things were yet to happen that were exciting that would happen in this very room! So much laughter, an entire song, and happy memories for me and my friends!

But there was a bit of a mess on the table. So I took a look at where it needed to go, and tried to light my horn. "Let's clean this place up a bit! I must have forgotten to clear up before I left!"

This moment of speech alarmed me. Although this was where Izzy lived, I had never been here before, and whomever had been Izzy before was no longer here. That felt really weird saying that, so let's move on before the multiverse collapses in on us. I had lit my horn, hoping to use it to move the rubbish around.

Nothing happened.

"Oh," I said. "We must be before the events of the movie if nobody has any magic. Not to worry! Where horns have failed, hooves will prevail!"

So, I got to work cleaning up the mess sitting on the table. I must have forgotten to move the tea set out of the way, as it had a dirty teapot inside. This would need cleaning, so I got to work on scrubbing it and the top plate out to prevent any dirt buildup. This was done within a few minutes, and as such I was able to put it back within the flower arrangement that doubled as a table for my home.

The next stage concerned the large quantities of cups and saucers, which also looked to need some cleaning. This would be no problem. I took them off their position and immersed them in water and some cleaning liquid, scrubbing the rubbish out of them.

As I did this, I sang. "This is how a unicorn sings, early in the morning! Bounce and dance and sing a lot, even on an awning!" I often made up silly songs whilst doing other things. It never mattered to me that the words rarely made sense. What mattered was it got me into the rhythm required for the task at hand.

Sure enough, the dishes and cups were clean, and put neatly back into cupboards ready for future use. I realised it wasn't morning based on the light, but rather early evening. I was about to go and watch the evening sunset, when I suddenly heard a loud crash over in the area.

"What was that?" I said, addressing nobody in particular. "Sorry, what was that, Auntie Buttons? There's a thing on the branch outside? I'll have to take a look!"

I headed for the door and opened it, and in doing so resisted making the obvious joke. I soon arrived at the outside, and saw something very peculiar sitting on the branch there.

And that thing would be very important for the next part of my story. But I won't tell you know, as it will spoil that next part.

Author's Note:

Now in Equestria finally. :3