• Published 22nd Mar 2023
  • 1,346 Views, 68 Comments

Be Mine - ThatChangelingGit



Rarity has fallen for Applejack, and vice versa, hoping some quality time together, will only make their feelings bloom.

  • ...
10
 68
 1,346

Chapter 8: Double Date (1/2)

Author's Note:

Well hello all! Welcome back to Be Mine, here in this fun little two parter chapter, we explore both Rarijack and Flutterdash! I do hope you enjoy, stay tuned for the next part! Thank you all once again for the love and support, it means the world!

~TCG.

Chapter 8: Double date. (Part ½.)


“Oh, um, I don’t know Dashy, w-what i-if they haven’t got together like us? I-I don’t want to make things awkward between them if they haven’t become girlfriends. And it’s early morning, what if they aren’t up yet?” The gentle voice of Fluttershy hummed out towards the gentle sky-blue woman. Her expression filled with slight worry and anxiety, the negative possibility of Fluttershy possibly upsetting two of her closet friends was scrambling her mind slightly. However, a small chunk of that anxiety melted away as her brash, boisterous, and blissful girlfriend pulled her in by the waist to her side and placed a firm kiss upon her cheek.

“Geeze, Flutter’s you worry too much, trust me, I know AJ realllyy well, and if they hadn’t got together by now, I would’ve known. The fact I haven’t heard anything, is a good thing. She’s probably banged her by now.” Rainbow said with a grin across her icy blue lips and a slight hue across her cheeks.

“Oh… my.” Fluttershy muttered beneath her pale-yellow hands, as she covered her mouth from the thought Rainbow had just conjured.

“Look, baby. I’ll text AJ, separately, and see if I can get an answer about her and Rarity and see if they seem interested. I know that Rarity’s been a good friend to you and AJ’s my best friend, and I know you want to tell them about us, privately. Does that sound fair?” Rainbow asked, as Fluttershy sat silent for a moment. The anxiety was still fumbling in her mind, about possibly upsetting her greatest friends, and the idea of them rejecting her and Rainbow for being a couple. It annoyed her, in truth, how much she worried, how often anxiety plagued her mind. Eventually, she managed to nod towards her girlfriend, silently, with her wide teal eyes. Rainbow nodded back with a more reassured smile and gave her a kiss on the nose. To which, Fluttershy giggled and scrunched up her face and smile gleefully.

-o0o-

AJ~

Rainbow:

Yoooo, AJ, u all good? I aint heard from u in a while, wassup? X

Applejack:
Howdy Rainbow, I ain’t too bad, thank you very much, hbu? Sorry I’ve been kinda busy.

Rainbow:

I’m real good, been hitting the pool, taking out the bike, enjoying summer, ya know, the awesome stuff, I usually do 😉 Nah, it’s all good, u been busy on the farm?

Applejack:
How’d I know, ya’ll were gonna say all that? Haha. But not… necessarily, I’ve actually been spendin’ time with Rare’s.

Rainbow:

Ooooo!! Rare’s, u even got a pet name for her, so like, u 2 actually banging or what?

-o0o-

“Dashy, y-you can’t ask her that!” Fluttershy blurted, as she broke the silence.

“Aww come on Flutter’s, I’ve known her for years, we always tease each other like this, much how I tease you.” Rainbow winked.

“I-I suppose so” Fluttershy mumbled and clung to her side. “Y-you’re always pretty funny when you d-do it.” She said softly as ever, a smile on her lips.

“Heh, I love hearing you’re laugh that’s why, it’s cute as fuck.” Rainbow said as she waited for Applejack to reply. Fluttershy giggled and grew a bold blush, as she reached up to kiss Rainbow’s jaw from the underside.

“I love it when you say stuff like that.” Fluttershy giggled sweetly.

“Only for you.” Rainbow replied gently, her expression softened as she felt Fluttershy burrow in further.

-o0o-

Applejack:

Awh hell RD, ya’ll always gotta ask those questions.

Rainbow:
U fuckn know I always ask them kinda questions, but you still haven’t given me and answer, are you two a thing or what?

-o0o-

Rarity stood behind Applejack, dressed in a lacy, ice-blue satin robe, which hugged her generous curves in all the right places. Something she always wore in the mornings when she was alone, or especially now, with her partner. She gently leant down and draped her arms across Applejack’s neck and softly down her chest, and cuddled her from behind, as Applejack sat at Rarity’s dining table.

“What do I say, what do we say sugarcube?” Applejack asked as she melted into Rarity’s half embrace. Rarity warmly hummed as she placed soft little kisses into Applejack’s straw-coloured hair. Rarity paused to think for a moment and gently massaged her lovers’ shoulders, to relieve any stress that may have built upon her body from this small, texted conversation.

“I know how much you detest lying darling. So, tell the truth, Rainbow is an incredibly loyal friend, and I am sure if we asked her to keep our relationship a secret for now, until we see the others in person, then I have no qualms. I want it to be at least a surprise for some. You know, the unexpected romance of; the city girl, gets with the country girl.” Rarity said amused, which Applejack snorted a gentle laugh at.

“Yeah… I think you’re right sugarcube, I’d feel… I dunno… wrong if I didn’t tell her, lyin’ to my best friend, is just as horrid as lyin’ to you, or my family.” Applejack said softly.

“Tell her my love, our love I am, sure would never be judged by her. Especially when I spoke to her myself, the way she admired many other women, was rather astounding.” Rarity said with a chuckle.

“So, you’re saying she’s like you? Bi?” Applejack asked genuinely.

“I don’t think she has an interest in men at all.” Rarity said softly with a smile.

“Well, I’ll be. Aight, fine, I’ll text her back.”

-o0o-

Applejack:
Alright Dash, I know you too well, that you won’t take no as an answer. So yes, Rarity and I, are a couple, we’re a thing. But, I’m beggin’ you, no, we’re beggin’ you don’t tell the others, keep it a secret, between us, we kinda wanna keep it a surprise for the big do at Fluttershy’s hoedown.

Rainbow:

Ayyy! I know it, ah I am so happy 4 u both! Like FR! U 2 go so well together! And I promise u AJ, I won’t tell anyone about u 2. You can always rely on me… but I’ll be honest as well. I am next to Flutters.

Applejack:
I know if you vowed to keep a secret RD, Fluttershy would keep it too. So, me and Rare’s are thanking you both, for the kind words and keepin’ us a secret.

Rainbow:

Dude, it’s all gooood, trust me. I ‘m your main gal, well aside from ur GF hehe. But nah, it’s all good, we both think it’s cute, seeing u 2 happy n all. But nowwww I got another question.

Applejack:
Aw hell, go on then, shoot.

Rainbow:
U 2 free today?

Applejack:

We don’t have any plans no, why you askin’ sugarcube?

Rainbow:

Welllll Flutter’s really wants to try out this new café that opened up in the park, and it’s all brand new, and it’s got cool things that all of us would like, and we were wondering, if u 2 would like to come along with us this afternoon?

Applejack:

Tell you what sugarcube, that sounds like a mighty fine idea, what time?

Rainbow:

Uhhh…. 1:30?

Applejack:

Hoooweee that’s perfect, see ya’ll then! All like a double date!

Rainbow:

Uhhh yeah! I suppose so! See u then!

-o0o-

Fluttershy smiled gleefully at the news of now coined ‘double date’ was going ahead without a stich. She pressed her lips to Rainbow’s cheek, who in response let out an awkward giggle, as she rubbed the back of her neck, and rubbed her slightly sweated brow with her forearm. Fluttershy had noted this sudden change in behaviour and pulled back and sat up across from her. Her eyes wide with worry once more. Fluttershy suddenly feared that she had pressured Rainbow into this idea of hanging out with Applejack and Rarity. Her mind ran with thoughts until was interrupted by Rainbow letting out another laugh and a sigh of what sounded like relief. Rainbow’s magenta eyes met with Fluttershy’s as she smile to her and spoke;

“Phew! I nearly just let AJ know about us, I panicked when she said, ‘double date’ didn’t want to ruin any surprises, now did I?” Rainbow smirked and stood from her sun lounger. “I mean, I’m not against the idea, but ya know, didn’t wanna spoil us being a thing over text ya know?” Rainbow said with a shrug, before she started to stretch out her arms in varying ways. Fluttershy meanwhile was simply sat on the grass meadow of her garden, her attention still fixated on Rainbow as she stood.

“Well, you did m-make Applejack tell you… us… about her and Rarity over text.” Fluttershy pointed out, as she once again spoke in her delicate tone. Rainbow, though always the loud and proud one of the two, she always appreciated the gentler tones her girlfriend offered, even if it was a secret to her friends, she always melted at the softness of her voice.

“Uhh well that’s different.” Rainbow defended, though lacked an argument.

“How so?” Fluttershy asked, curiously more than anything else.

“Because… uh… because Applejack never lies, she can barely hold a secret, and ya know, she and Rarity told us in college about their feelings, it’s no surprise they’re together now.” Rainbow explained, rather awkwardly, but once again, Fluttershy simply smiled and nodded.

“I suppose that makes s-sense.” Fluttershy gently spoke as she too stood to her feet. A smile grew over her lips in a warm hue. “Oooh, I know, how about we go and make a picnic for the four of us, I’ll text Rarity to let her know I’m prepping food for us all. Or we can go walking around the park and feed the little baby ducklings, oooh I can’t wait!” Fluttershy said rather confidently and proudly. Her confidence always shone when passion was involved. When speaking of her love and fondness for animals, food, and other topics that she was invested in, she managed to break her shell of anxiety almost entirely. Many in college said that she basically becomes an entirely new person. Seeing this excitement, this genuine passion come through, always made Rainbow smile. It was something she had always and still admired about her gentle girlfriend.

“Hah, you better tell Rarity that I’m bringing some of my snacks, or else she might have a strop, and be all like ‘darllinng I simply cannot have these M&M’s it will simply make my derriere expand’ or something like that.” Rainbow snorted and soon broke out into laughter after she spoke to Fluttershy in rather well performed impression of Rarity. Fluttershy too erupted into a giggle, as the two knew their fashionista friend rather well.

Fluttershy, afters had wiped her eyes dry from the tears of laughter, she had shared thanks to her other half, took a deep breath, and calmed herself down. “Hehe, well then Dashy, let’s go pack ourselves a picnic.” Fluttershy offered to Rainbow. To which, Rainbow took Fluttershy’s home and without a word, pulled her into Fluttershy’s cottage and spoke in a lower tone.

“We’ve got time to pack later, right now… lets have some fun.” Rainbow smirked.

“O-oh… my.” Fluttershy said as an enormous cherry red blush coated her pastel yellow cheeks. “L-lead the way Das-.” She was cut off as Rainbow pulled her inside, shut the door and closed the blind, both letting out gentle little playful giggles.

-o0o-

“Oh darling, I don’t know what to wear, do I go casual, no, that’s far too casual! Sundress, maybe? But what if it’s windy! Can’t have my intimates shown off to everyone, no! That shan’t do either! Oh! what about this? Does this flatter me? Darling? My love? Sweetheart? APPLEJACK!?” Rarity cried out in her dramatic tone as she flung clothes from left to right from her vast walk-in wardrobe. Applejack was startled by Rarity’s sudden outburst.

“What in tarnation is goin’ on Rare’s? Why are there clothes everywhere? Surely you can’t be pickin’ out an outfit for today? What’s wrong with just a top and shorts? That’s what I’m wearin’.” Applejack said with a shrug and crossed her arms. Rarity spun her head around to see her Cowgirl girlfriend dressed in slightly purposefully blue denim ripped shorts, a black tanktop with a stripped design with a casually worn grey denim shirt over the top, that somewhat hung off her shoulders along with her usual Stetson hat.

“But I must dress nicely! We are seeing our friends after all, and we’ll be going out to a rather busy summery park, where I must look the part! And who knows, perhaps even a local fashion designer might see my attire and come visit my boutique, I must advertise darling!” Rarity said as she continued to rummage through varying clothes, dresses, hats, underwear, her entire wardrobe was becoming emptied in a flurry of thrown garments. “Do you think this looks good?” Rarity said as she stood and held out a sundress against her frame. It was a simple stippled, deep blue sundress, that exposed the chest and the shoulders ever so slightly. Leaving room for a little bit of exposed cleavage and skin, but not enough to be considered raunchy. When worn the length would stop a few centi-metres above the knees. Rarity was a tall girl, and it would suit her, to wear something a little more ‘showy.’ Applejack smiled and nodded in agreement with her possible chosen outfit.

“I think you’ll look mighty fine in that sugarcube, believe me, you look hotter than a summers day in the desert.” Applejack complimented, albeit a little cheekily too. Applejack made her way into the now slightly messy walk-in wardrobe and entangled herself around Rarity, as a sign of comfort. It was easy to spot that Rarity found this moment about ‘going out’ incredibly stressful, even though they had plenty of time to leave the house. “Look Rare’s I love every outfit you wear, even the one’s I think are a bit ‘froo froo’ you always look mighty fine, beautiful. Maybe one day I could even give you an outfit I think you’d wear real well, I know I ain’t got the finesse like you do sugarcube, but I oughta give somethin’ back, help you out a little.” Applejack said softly, as Rarity melted into her touch.

“Hmm… oh alright, how about we do it now?” Rarity suggested, as she relaxed her back into Applejack’s chest.

“You want me to pick it now?” Applejack asked, a little surprised in honesty. She was sure Rarity was going to reject the very idea of Applejack deciding an outfit for her. Seeing as she was always adamant on designing her own clothes and designs to essentially show off and parade herself in. Though, Applejack had always seen this side of her as heavily attractive. She adored her confidence.

“Yes darling, I tell you what, I’ll wait outside, downstairs maybe, so I have no interference in your choice… no matter how hard it will be for moi.” Rarity admitted. Though she still smiled warmly towards Applejack as she peeled away from her embrace. “I am excited to see what you conjure up my love.” Rarity said warmly. She went to gently walk out from her wardrobe but was halted in her tracks by Applejack’s sudden grip.

“Don’t I get a good luck kiss?” Applejack teased. Rarity smirked and leant up and gave her a small, quick kiss.

“Just a small one darling, if the outfit’s good, then you’ll get a much nicer one.” Rarity winked as she sauntered away from Applejack’s grip and headed downstairs, leaving Applejack in the bomb crater that was Rarity’s now slightly tarnished walk-in wardrobe.

“Aw hell… where am I even gonna fuckin’ start?” Applejack sigh almost defeatedly, but with a chuckle in her throat.

-o0o-

An hour had gone by, and finally, Applejack, after many searches, through many draws and shelves had managed to find an outfit, that she thought Rarity would not only find fashionable, but comfortable enough for summer, especially as the July heat had started to make itself known. “Rare’s get your pretty butt upstairs now, I think I gotcha an outfit!” Applejack called out towards the downstairs. Rarity with no hesitation quickly assailed the flight of stairs, and bore a wide excited grin across her face, as she re-entered her bedroom. She scanned the room, to find that all of her scattered clothes had been repacked, organised and shelved in perfect order. This took her breath away for a moment, such a small intimate gesture from her other half, made her heart melt like butter.

“Oh darling… you needn’t do that. I was stressing for no reason; it was my mess to clean.” Rarity said gently her smile never fading. Applejack pulled her in by the arm and wrapped her arm across Rarity’s shoulder and stood by her side.

“It’s no sweat Rare’s, ‘sides it kept me busy, as I decided your outfit pretty much instantly! So, I thought I might as well clean up the place a little, since you deserve it, for treatin’ me so well.” Applejack said warmly as Rarity melted into her touch as she spoke her honeyed words.

“Oh Applejack, I love you.” Rarity sighed dreamily as she leant up to Applejack’s lips and placed a warm but gentle kiss upon her lips. Applejack responded in kind and followed suit, kissing back with equal passion and intensity. It lasted only five seconds, yet again, it felt far longer.

“Heh, I love you too, sugarcube. Now come on, let’s get you all pretty and ready for this afternoon. I think you’re gonna like this a helluva lot, trust me.” Applejack said confidently, as her southern twang flourished through her warm voice once again. Rarity grimaced through a forced smile. The last time Applejack decided an outfit for her, it was during last winter for her family’s Harvest Festival and that was rather traumatic for fashionista. Though Applejack decided to stand behind Rarity and cover her eyes with the palms of her orange-kissed hands and waddle their way together over to the bed, clumsily.

“Oh darling, I must protest, can I not just see my outfit?” Rarity asked in a slightly annoyed tone.

“Hold on just oneeee second, sugarcube anddd there!” Applejack pulled away her hands. Rarity adjusted the sudden change of light before she gazed down towards the bed. Upon it laid a simply stripped top, black, and white horizontal stripes. A set of short, hip-hugging denim shorts. A tartan orange, red and black shirt, that was tied around the waist of said denim shorts. A pair of simple black intimates. It was all ‘n all a very simple outfit. Applejack waited with bated breath, and bit down upon her bottom lip, as she waited for Rarity to respond in anyway. Silence filled the air as Rarity eyed the outfit up and down, the cogs in her eyes turning slowly and surely. Her eyes grew wide in anticipation for what was to come, she just wanted an answer, did she love it? Did she hate it?

“I LOVE IT!” Rarity exclaimed as she held up the top. Her dramatism coming forth as she clutched the shirt to her chest and inhaled against the soft fabric. “Did you splash perfume on this as well? Not just another other perfume, but my absolute favourite?” Rarity asked, and side eyed her other half, with a smirk that grew subtly. Applejack chuckled ever so slightly and nodded. “Oh darling, you do know me so well. It’s simple, but elegant, a little bit different than my usual everyday wear, but as a fashion designer myself, it is most important to wear different styles, for I must know what my clientele desire!” Rarity said rather passionately. She spun on the spot, the simple striped shirt still within her clutch. “You my dear, have done rather well, and I did promise you, a much better kiss. So, without further ado.” Rarity said as she gently strode her way to Applejack, who again laughed softly as she watched her girlfriend with a wide grin approach her.

A soft, but slightly firm kiss was planted upon her lips. This time, lasting far more than just five seconds, their hands explored across each other for a moment, interlocking as they embraced against one another, as Rarity deepened the kiss. What felt like half an hour went by, until the need for air marched its way into their lungs.

“Well, I’ll be, you know sure how to make me blush Rare’s.” Applejack said with a wide smile, and an obvious ruby red highlight across her freckled cheeks and nose. Rarity simply giggled in response as she began to disrobe herself.

“I just know what my lovely lady likes.” Rarity winked as she dropped her satin robe off her shoulder a little and teased the skin of her shoulder and upper back. It was suggested that there was nothing but her bare skin beneath her robe, which Applejack’s blush only became engorged by the thought of it. Rarity giggled and blew her a kiss. “It seems that I have managed to stun you into silence, cute, I always love it when you grow that adorable blush darling. Now shoo, let a lady change.” Rarity said with a gentle wave of her hand. Applejack grinned and bowed in a teasing manner.

“As my pretty lady commands, I won’t gaze upon her fruit.” Applejack responded, in a slightly awful posh impression. Rarity laughed, which Applejack joined in with.

“You may be able to at some point my darling, as I am bare beneath… when I am more comfortable, I am sure we will share…” Rarity’s tone was still gentle, but a wave of seriousness gently stippled her voice, this Applejack had noticed right away.

“Hey, I don’t mind, we don’t do things unless we’re both comfortable remember, I don’t mind, I respect and love you Rare’s. It’s okay to not be ready for certain things.” Applejack comforted gently as she placed a hand against Rarity’s exposed skin. Rarity gazed over shoulder with a warmed smile.

“Thank you darling, and I love and respect you too… it means the world to me.” Rarity said with a warmed smile.

“Of course, now, lets get you changed, I can’t wait to see what you look like in it, I’ll be downstairs, prepping our grub for later.” Applejack whisked away and let Rarity change with no disturbances. Applejack had already learnt that the woman she loved, took a long time getting herself ready.

-o0o-

Applejack had managed to complete all the needed housework in the time it took for Rarity to be ‘half-ready’ and in the other half of the time, Applejack managed to take a half an hour nap. But the door unlocking Rarity’s bedroom startled the cowgirl from her slumber. The gentle footsteps of her other half gracefully descending the stairs made her smile softly. Rarity had tied her hair differently than the usual style. It was tied up in the back in a bun, the front sporting a similar curled fringe, but it was different, less dramatic than her usual hairstyle, which Applejack had always been rather fond of. The clothes that she had picked out for her, fit like a dream. The top flush against her chest, but with enough room for air and didn’t look too tight. The shorts did wonders for her curves, highlighting her hips and shapely rear, whilst not looking like a pair of underwear, they did hug her just right. And for any worries of people staring, the tied tartan checkered shirt around her waist would hide it. That or she could wear the shirt if it got suddenly cold.

“You look great sugarcube, cute as hell, it really suits you, especially the hair darlin’.” Applejack said proudly as she admired not only the outfit she chose, but the way Rarity styled it.

“Why thank you darling, this outfit wouldn’t be possible without your touch, so I owe it all to you.” Rarity softly and checked her bag once last time. “Are we ready then my love? Who’s diving?” She asked gently. “I don’t mind if you’d prefer?” She offered, to which Applejack shook her head.

“I’ll drive honey, you’ve driven me everywhere recently, so come on, grab your things, and I’ll get us goin’ in my truck.” Applejack said as she dangled her keys in front of Rarity. To which Rarity smiled and somewhat seemed relieved that the offer was there.

After a few moments of faffing, grabbing items for the supposed picnic and café trip, phones, portable charges, suncream, it was time to head off and meet the other two at the park. Without any delay, Applejack had started up her truck, to which Rarity clambered up into, and relaxed in the passenger seat, smiled at her partner, and placed on her lilac sunglasses. Applejack reached over and placed a warm, firm hand against Rarity’s thigh. Though Rarity said nothing, she smiled greatly at the touch and encased Applejack’s hand with her own, as the two set off onto the roads of Canterlot.

-o0o-

“Uhh Fluttershy, you can let go now.” Rainbow said as she turned off the engine of her motorbike. Fluttershy, much like a koala had clung herself incredibly tightly to Rainbow’s waist and back. Beneath her helmet her eyes were squeezed shut as she shook violently against Rainbow in absolute fear.

“No!” Fluttershy demanded, albeit a little timidly.

“But we aren’t even moving anymore! We are literally parked, I even put the kickstand down, we can’t move!” Rainbow pleaded as Fluttershy still hung on for dear life against Rainbow’s back. “Ughhh.” Rainbow groaned and took off her helmet and shook her prism-coloured mane freely and slowly pulled herself off her bike, even though Fluttershy protested, she managed to peel her off the straddle of her seat too. Fluttershy shook as she stood next to Rainbow, her entire body jittered in genuine terror. This broke Rainbow’s heart a little, she didn’t want to upset her girlfriend moments before a double date. “I’m sorry for being upset Flutter’s, I thought you’d enjoy it, like that roller coaster we went on that one time.” Rainbow said gently and pulled Fluttershy close to her chest.

“I-I didn’t want to fall off Dashy, o-oh I was so scared.” Fluttershy whimpered as Rainbow took off her helmet for her. Fluttershy’s eyes were wide and distressed much like a deer in headlights. Rainbow’s face was filled with guilt, as she embraced Fluttershy to calm her. Fluttershy spoke up again however and pulled back and held Rainbow’s hands within hers. “D-Don’t be upset Dashy, I’m not mad at you, I’m m-mad at myself for being a big old scaredy cat, I asked to g-go on your bike…b-because I know how much you love it, but I-I ruined it by crying and screaming the whole time.” Fluttershy admitted and bowed her head low and averted her gaze.

Rainbow once again was silent, which was unusual for her. She listened to Fluttershy carefully. She hated it when she beat herself up, she reminded her many times there was nothing wrong with being easily frightened or anxious, it’s natural. It can happen. Rainbow lifted her head softly and placed a hand beneath her chin, to return Fluttershy’s gaze back to her own. “Flutter’s it’s okay, it was your first time on my bike, going at a decent speed. I should have been gentler on the throttle. But you’re not a big scaredy cat, you’re a brave, totally awesome girl! Remember the Friendship Games? Were you a scaredy cat then? Nah! You were totally cool! You kicked major ass with that bow and arrow! I don’t think my girlfriend is a scaredy cat at all!” Rainbow said triumphantly, she wanted to reassure Fluttershy, she always stood up for her, especially now. Fluttershy smiled sweetly at her partner and leant up and kissed her nose.

“Thank you Dashy… you know what to say, you always do. Even when I can be so s-stubborn.” Fluttershy said softly, as Rainbow scrunched up her nose with a smile.

“Yeah, yeah, I know, I’m the best.” Rainbow teasingly boasted, as she held Fluttershy softly, the two ended up giggling softly as they enjoyed their company. Of course, they kept their romantic sweet nothings hushed to a whisper, not wanting to ruin their surprise for anyone either, revealing that they were a couple. They wanted to tell Applejack and Rarity first, the others and the world would come later. “Ayy, here they are!” Rainbow said allowed as she and Fluttershy waved to the slightly beaten-up pick-up truck. Applejack and Rarity waved back as Applejack pulled in beside Rainbows bike.

Eagerly the couple exited the pickup truck and headed over to some of their dearest friends. Rarity was first to exit the slightly rusted pickup and strode gently towards both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. “Oh darlings! It is ever so good to see you again!” Rarity flung out her arms and pulled both Fluttershy and Rainbow into a tight embrace. She was known as a hugger to all her friends, though she did not strangle them like Pinkie did. Rainbow and Fluttershy both reciprocated the hug and pulled back gently as Applejack steadily approached the small gathering.

“Howdy ya’ll!” Applejack said with a wide grin, it was always going to be a good day when any of the girls met up. Rainbow headed over to Applejack first and gave her a more ‘masculine’ hug, it was quick, with shared pats on the back from one another. They were like mini drums the way they patted their backs. Fluttershy headed over and gave a small gentle hug, and Applejack was just as gentle in return, though of course, showed off some of her southern flair by roughing her hair a little.

“Oh man, it’s so good to see you both, it’s been aggeeeess!” Rainbow exclaimed as she finished her embracing with the couple before her. Fluttershy immediately glued to her side and played with her strands of pastel pink hair. Rarity smiled softly and took Applejack’s hand and rolled her eyes playfully at Rainbows exclamation.

“Rainbow Dash, it’s hardly been ages, we have only been away for a good few days.” Rarity said with a laugh, as she corrected her slightly excitable friend. Rainbow laughed and waved her hands.

“Well, ya know, same thing.” Rainbow said with a laugh, to which the others all joined in gently.

“I-it’s good to see you both again… and c-congrats on you two happily being together, I-I’m so happy for you both.” Fluttershy said gently, her voice was so hushed, that luckily, anyone nearby would not be able to hear the surprise of the couple that was Rarity and Applejack. “I p-promise not tell anyone, neither will Rainbow.” Fluttershy finished as she gave them both a sweet small smile.

Applejack nodded in her direction, and Rarity offered a thankful smile. “That’s mighty kind of you both, truly, me and Rare’s ‘preciate it a bunch. So, thank you kindly.” Applejack gave a tip of her Stetson to the both of them. “We all are we just gonna stand here in the carpark or are we gonna grab some grub from this here café ya’ll mentioned?” Applejack said in a jovial tone, not wanting to sound rude, but excited.

“I hate to admit it, but I am rather peckish.” Rarity said gently.

“Well, you would’ve had breakfast, if you weren’t messin’ around findin’ an outfit.” Applejack nudged Rarity’s hip playfully, to which Rarity, bumped back, by bouncing her rear end into Applejack’s.

“Well, I am a lady, who likes to look good at every opportunity darling, and if that makes me miss breakfast, then so be it! But… it didn’t matter since you chose this one.” Rarity said with her usual dramatics when regarding outfits and clothing. Rainbow and Fluttershy glanced at each other as the couple before them bickered slightly. Fluttershy stifled a laugh as she hid her growing smile beneath her palm, whereas Rainbow grinned loudly and proudly.

“Ahh listen to you both, bickering like an old married couple already, can’t believe we missed the wedding.” Rainbow winked, which finally caused Fluttershy to fully laugh. Rarity shook her head but laughed too, and gazed up towards Applejack, who also sported a smile. “Now come on you two, let’s get moving, Sunset told me this place gets packed reallll quick, so I kinda wanna grab a table, I don’t want another cider incident.” Rainbow shuddered.

“Aw geeze, that was years ago Rainbow, we were just teenagers then. I did say I’d reserve you a barrel next time we do it, along with some zap-apple jam, now didn’t I?” Applejack said, with hand on hip. “But you’re right, come one everybody, lets go ‘n get some grub.” Applejack said in her hollering tone, to round up the girls and head down the gravel path. The walk was going to be relatively short; the café was up ahead; the ‘Lilypad Café’ was its name. It was built upon the land, heading out towards a small, serene lake, with decking on the outside, so customers could sit outside and enjoy the view. Applejack took the opportunity to catch up with Rainbow up ahead, so Rarity and Fluttershy could catch up too.

“Fluttershy my dear, I must say you have this rather radiant glow about you, you look positively happy, refreshed too, have you been going to secret spa trips without me?” Rarity asked with a soft smile, genuinely curious. She had caught onto how smiley Fluttershy had been since they had arrived. She half-wondered if it was just genuine excitement, of seeing her friends again especially during a summer break. Fluttershy played with her hair again and grew a faint blush, but upon her pastel yellow skin, it looked rather obvious. Rarity knew now something was up, nothing negative, as she looked genuinely happy. Fluttershy felt a bundle of butterflies build in her stomach as she walked alongside one of her closest friends. She didn’t want to say it, not yet, not without Rainbow. Maybe they’d say it inside, or when they walked around the park. Fluttershy had to do one thing that she and Applejack hated doing, especially towards their friends and loved ones; lie.

“Oh… um, uh, I-I um, no I haven’t been to the spa, nor without you Rarity. B-but I did s-spend some time in the sun with Dashy.” She immediately covered her mouth, her pupils shrunk in worry, as she called Rainbow by her pet-name. Rarity cocked an eyebrow and her lips curled into a small smirk.

“Ahh, I see, spending time with your best friend them hm? Well, I must say it’s done wonders for your skin, but I am surprised you even convinced Rainbow to even lay down for five minutes. As she adores spending time outside doing all sorts of activities.” Rarity commented, deciding to not to prod, she never liked pressuring Fluttershy, she was far too sweet and innocent.

“O-oh I only managed to convince her to lay down after she had worn herself out, from playing with Tank, or with her motorbike or swimming, I-I don’t know where she gets her energy from.” Fluttershy managed to let out a gentle laugh, which joined in with.

“She is a sporty woman, she must just always be brimming with energy, or adrenaline, unlike Pinkie who is always fuelled by sugar.” Rarity said with a chuckle in her throat. The two dear friends laughed again and spoke some more but was soon interrupted by a very loud wolf-whistle from Rainbow dash.

“Come on you slow-pokes! We have a table to be sat at!” Rainbow called out towards Rarity and Fluttershy from the main door of the café, luckily, it seemed that the group of four had arrived at the sweet spot, as a queue had started to form behind them. All agreeing to sit outside, Rarity took her rightful place next to Applejack and sat next to her. This was the first date they had been on, and not sat opposite one another. They were given menu’s courtesy of the waiter and were left to their down devices. They were, at this moment in time, the only table sat outside. Applejack and Rarity both scanned the menu with hungry eyes, each option looked devilishly good. Even Applejack, was surprised by the items that she would find good, burgers, fried chicken, good old southern soul-food. Rainbow too felt hungrier by the second as she ran her eyes through the menu, however, Fluttershy hadn’t. She instead typed away something on her phone. After a few seconds, she tapped Rainbow’s thigh and showed her screen. It was a simple note:

Should we tell them now? I don’t know how long I can go on for without saying. Also, I love you.

Rainbow smiled at the last three words of the note and mouthed ‘I love you too’ to Fluttershy, before nodding. She took her phone gently and typed back:

Want me to lead?

Fluttershy nodded, closed her phone, and took Rainbows hand, with a deep nervous breath. Rainbow nodded back and cleared her throat and began to sweat a little. She wasn’t nervous earlier about the idea of telling. “Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, why am I sweating? Why am I nervous, fuck I convinced AJ to tell me about her and Rarity over the phone, why can’t I just say it? Come on Rainbow, toughen up.” Rainbow thought internally. She shook her head, took a large gulp of the complementary water. She suddenly felt a squeeze against her hand, as Fluttershy gripped it tighter, as a form of silent reassurance. This made Rainbow smile and a small but much needed confidence boost.

“So, um… guys. I kinda wanna say something, actually, no wait, we wanna say something.” Rainbow said with a frog in her throat, her rasped voice slightly wobbly due to the nerves that had suddenly crept on her. Fluttershy gave another squeeze in silence, as she began to grow a creeping blush once again. Rarity and Applejack both looked up from their menus and gave the pair in front of them curious looks. Applejack took off her Stetson and laid it to the side of the table. She had already started to prepare for something serious, as she knew when her best friend was nervous to say something, it was major.

“Go ahead sugarcube, ya’ll can tell us anything. You know you can trust Rarity and I.” Applejack nodded in assurance as Rarity took her hand.

“We trust you fully, you’ve been incredible friends for many years, since we were just little girls, you can truly tell us anything, as we did with you.” Rarity followed up as she gazed towards the two of them. Rainbow’s eyes widened with worry. In truth she had no idea as to why her mind was playing tricks on her. Her chest raised with slight anxiety until Fluttershy looked up, raised their cupped hands and placed them unto the table in front of Applejack and Rarity. Her pastel yellow thumb ran across Rainbows sky blue knuckles. The shy, soft-spoken woman gave her girlfriend a nod and simply spoke to the couple sat before them.

“Rainbow and I, are a couple.” Fluttershy spoke with sudden confidence, as she wished to help her other half from panicking. To avert a disastrous panic attack, which Rainbow, though rarely, had. Rainbow breathed and smiled, as a few tears brimmed and dared to flow from her eyes, as her shy partner spoke with such clarity and perfection. It made her feel not only proud, but loved, as she would overcome her own anxiety, to assist with her panic. Rainbow felt a little relieved, but still somewhat worrisome, she didn’t want the others to think ill, like Rainbow was using her or something. Her mind ran wild with horrid thoughts whenever she grew into a state like this.

“Y-yeah, we are, me n’ Flutters, a thing, together, a couple… in love. We wanted to tell you guys first, seeing as you two are our ‘bestest friends’ out of our best friends… so yeah… surprise!” Rainbow concluded with an awkward laugh, which Fluttershy giggled at. Silence filled the air as both Applejack’s and Rarity’s eyes grew wide in surprise. Both Fluttershy and Rainbow now started to feel worried, as nothing was said, were they… shocked? Upset? Disgusted possibly?

“Haha! Way to go you two! Bein’ all cosied up like two peas in a pod! C’mere ya’ll! Applejack stood from her seat as she came over and lifted Rainbow out of her chair, to embrace her. “I knew you two would make a couple, just had the strongest hunch you know. Just a feelin’ is all, oh I am so happy for you both!” Applejack said loudly as she nearly crushed Rainbow against her burly chest. Rarity on the other hand took the gentler approach. Her eyes brimmed and soon welled with tears as the news was shared. She was also known to the group as the emotional one. She cried tears of joy as she embraced Fluttershy, who too, also shed a few tears.

“Oh, my goodness darlings, we are so happy for the both you! I was not expecting to ruin my eyeliner today.” Rarity chuckled as did Fluttershy within their embrace. “Oh, what a beautiful day, both of us confiding our little relationships with one another, this is just as Applejack said, a double date!” Rarity said softly, not wanting to spoil their shared secrets with any prying ears. Each girl got an embrace from the other, before they all sat down again. All of them drying their eyes from the small set of tears they shed with one another.

“Now I understand why ya’ll were acting’ all couplie as we pulled up into the parkin’ lot, ya’ll are datin’ how long for then, if ya’ll don’t mind me askin’?” Applejack asked gently. Rarity nodded, also wishing to know the answer.

“About two months? We’ve been dating since the beginning of the summer term.” Rainbow said proudly, as she interlocked her hand with Fluttershy’s, who also continued the answer.

“Mhm-hm, she was the one to ask me out on a date in May, I-I was s-so nervous, I nearly didn’t go, but I am so happy I did. B-because I now have her, and s-she has me.” Fluttershy said as she gazed up at the table and rested her shoulder ever so slightly against Rainbows. Rarity placed a hand to her chest and smiled with the threat of bursting out into tears again. Applejack saw this and gently roped her into an side embrace.

“Oh, you are just so delightfully adorable Fluttershy. My makeups already ruined; I don’t want to ruin it a second time.” Rarity joked as she dabbed the eyeliner streaks. Applejack simply laughed at her comment and shook her head. Though their conversations paused as their waiter had returned. Their orders placed and their drinks arrived in seconds. Fluttershy being her usual self, ordered a small tea-set. She had recently enjoyed British teas, thanks to their mutual friend Octavia, and Principle Celestia who had also shown them the wonders of ‘Gold Tea.’ Rarity on the other hand gone for a cocktail, taking the liberty of not being the designated driver, she ordered herself an Aperol Spritz. Rainbow and Applejack simply went for the coke, though, Rainbow ordered Pepsi, a debate that they still had to this day since childhood.

“I gotta owe to ya Fluttershy, this spot ain’t too shabby, not at all, Rainbow mentioned that Sunset found this place?” Applejack asked as she took a swig from her glass bottle. Fluttershy nodded as she poured herself her first mug of tea, and stirred in the milk, for a perfect golden colour.

“Mhm, I had heard from Sunset two days ago, she and the Dazzling girls come here quite often. They enjoy the lakeside as it reminds them of their home. According to Aria, the water is warm, and safe to swim in too. B-but she goes skinny dipping, so it must be safe.” Fluttershy said with a giggle, which Rarity was surprised by.

“I thought that was all rumour, that those three go skinny dipping, so it’s true?” Rarity asked, astounded by the fact.

“Yeah! Sunsets seen three babes bare asses and tits, all splashing underneath the summer sun…. huh, kinda sounds like a porno title.” Rainbow said with a grin. Applejack chuckled and grinned at her.

“I think I seen that one you know.” Applejack and Rainbow erupted into laughter, as the two usually did when speaking of vulgar things, as Rarity would put it. Fluttershy too even giggled, with the three of them laughing, so too would Rarity eventually, it was rather funny.


“Well, at least we now know why Sunset adores the Café.” Rarity smirked and earned another round of laughter from the girls. Rainbow even leant over the table and gave Rarity her signature high-five. As the conversation steered away from Sunsets possible interests, Applejack piqued a question.

“So, Fluttershy, and to extent you Rainbow, with ya’ll hosting this BBQ event and I guess slumber, campin’ party thing, ya’ll sure you’re okay with hostin’ it? If ya’ll want any hope with food, or anything, just lemme know.” Applejack said assuredly as she finished her drink. Rainbow and Fluttershy both looked at each other and raised their brows in thought. Until Rainbow snapped her fingers.

“Well, I know how killer you are on the grill, and I know mentioned it in the group chat, but if you wouldn’t mind doing that? I’d just fuck it up, and Flutter’s is a veggie, so she doesn’t know much about grilling meat and what not, so if you could, please AJ?” Rainbow asked, and nearly begged. All knew that Applejack and her family were brilliant at BBQing, it was one of the annual events for the girls during the summer breaks to go the Apple Orchard for a feast.

“Hah, I did I say I do anythin’ to help, so if that’s all you want me to do, I can do that, Fluttershy, ya’ll want me to make up some BBQ veggie bits for you? I can prep up at the farm the day before if you’d like?” Applejack asked.

“Oh, my yes, that would be wonderful, thank you so much Applejack.” Fluttershy responded before taking a gentle sip of her tea.

“My pleasure.” Applejack retorted as Rarity looked up.

“I suppose I can offer something, perhaps I can fasten simply quilts, or sheets to lay on the grass, so that we don’t grass stains?” Rarity asked, offering what she could conjure up easily and with finesse. Rainbow nodded in agreement.

“That could work, if we all bring our own thing, saves Flutters and I doing all the hard work? If we all pull our weight a little, as we have so many coming over.” Rainbow added, agreeing with Rarity’s idea. “Tell, you what we could do? Maybe jam out a little, make it a proper party, it’s just gonna be us, no one else to bug us or ruin our vibes, we can just make it a night to remember, like a big fucking summer party, just us, good music, good food, activities, almost like our own private prom, but all summery and less… ya know, posh, uh no offence Rarity.” Rainbow said as she made eye contact with Rarity, who simply laughed and took no offence. “We can make it a big fuck off party, I’m sure all of us would just need some steam to be blown off, let the vibes take us, get a lil drunk maybe.” Rainbow suggested, which none rejected.

“Hell Rainbow, I dunno why you never went into somethin’ like marketin’, cuz you’re really convincing, I mean, you already convinced me with this here hoedown, getting’ drunk and partyin’ business.” Applejack said with a grin across her lips. “I think we oughta celebrate, we all worked hard this year, and we gotta celebrate it, together, like we always do, but maybe this time, a little more… well I guess crazy.” Applejack shrugged, but then looked at Rarity, who nodded her head towards Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy darling, I know your lovely other half, as well my own are suggesting a rather raunchy night, with lots of drink and dare I say, debauchery, are you comfortable with this, it is your home after all.” Rarity asked sincerely. Fluttershy simply smiled and gazed her attention to Rainbow, who smiled back lovingly.

“Actually, i-it was my idea first. Applejack is right, we all deserve a big, big celebration for all completing a tough term, so what b-better way than to celebrate. Rainbow’s just better at selling parties than I am, I haven’t been to many aside our own ones.” Fluttershy said with her soft smile. Rarity returned the warmed smile and nodded in acknowledgement.

“Well then, that settles that then, a big… well, fuck off party, to use Rainbow’s terms.” Rarity said with a snicker as the girls all followed suit. Minutes later, the waiter returned with numerous plates of food, for Fluttershy a tomato based vegetarian Taglierini, for Rainbow and Applejack both, large burgers, stacked with cheese, bacon, meat, salad, two brioche buns and for Rarity, a surprise but a welcome one, opting to dine out of her girlfriends tastes, she had the Southern Fired chicken burger, with hashbrowns as a side, varying dipping sauces and with all the trimmings. Sunset was right, this café was incredible. Silence, aside from affirming moans and nods, of enjoyment of the food, filled the air.

After their meal was had, Rainbow placed her hands upon her stomach and patted it proudly. “Tell you what AJ, you’d be a losing woman if you and I had an eating contest.” Rainbow said before covering her mouth to belch. Applejack smirked and raised a cocky brow.

“Is that so? Well we got all day, and your lovely girlfriend, as well as mine, packed us a snacky picnic, how ‘bout you and I have a little contest.” Applejack suggested, but before Rainbow even had a chance to respond, both Fluttershy and Rarity exclaimed:

“NO!” in complete unison, both other halves shot down that suggested idea.

“N-no offence you two, but when you get competitive, you get really competitive.” Fluttershy admitted to which Rarity agreed with.

“I concur, as much as I adore seeing two best friends have banter, chat and such, why don’t you compete over something else… later, once you’ve let your food go down. I don’t mean to mother you, but I am sure Fluttershy would agree, we don’t wish to mother you when you have full on stomach cramps.” Rarity said firmly whilst Fluttershy agreed silently by nodding her head.

“Oh alright… tell you what, RD, there’s a whole set of outdoor gym equipment out there in this here park, once were done digestin’, you and I, one on one, against each other, see who can lift the most, run the fastest and so on.” Applejack suggested, which Rainbow raised a hand.

“Put ‘er there AJ, you’re going down.” Rainbow held out her hand. Applejack grinned devilishly and shook Rainbow’s hand firmly.

“Now we’ll see ’bout that, but that’s later on y’hear? Not now, not immediately, lets enjoy our time first.” Applejack didn’t let go of Rainbows hand, till she agreed. Which, she eventually did. Fluttershy shook her head and sighed.


“Oh dear… I am going to have to get out my bruising oils.” She said almost in anticipation of what was to come.

“As am I darling, as am I.” Rarity concluded as the two best friends, eyed one another with shared grins and downed their drinks.

“Come on ya’ll, there’s a picnic to be had, seein’ as Rainbow and I are gonna be competing, we should split the bill, ‘tween the two of us.” Applejack nodded, and Rainbow agreed.
“No arguing there AJ, lets go and enjoy this day first, before I totally kick your ass.” Rainbow boasted as the two of them went off to settle the bill.

“Y-you don’t think they are going to hurt each other, right?” Fluttershy asked Rarity.

“No… I don’t think they will. At least I hope not.” Rarity sighed, with a slight smile and shook her head. “Come on darling, tell me all about this whole love affair of yours, I wish to know every detail!”

TO BE CONTINUED.