• Published 22nd Mar 2023
  • 1,346 Views, 68 Comments

Be Mine - ThatChangelingGit



Rarity has fallen for Applejack, and vice versa, hoping some quality time together, will only make their feelings bloom.

  • ...
10
 68
 1,346

Chapter 9: Sing the night away! (Part 1)

Author's Note:

Well hello my friends! I hope we all enjoy/enjoyed this new instalment of 'Be Mine' much more has been revealed in this heavily character based chapter! I do so adore The Dazzlings, so keep an eye as I may or may not be working on a Fic on that lovely trio!

Anyways, as always thank you for the continued support and love, see you in the next one!

-- TCG

Chapter 9: Sing the night away! (Part 1)

The Fennec’s Ears, a slightly upper-class bar/club, in the heart of Canterlot. It was avoided by many students due to it being too ‘high market.’ But it most certainly had a crowd that went there regularly. The Dazzling’s were part of such a crowd and had been for some time. Sonata ensured that the trio went to every event, whether it was karaoke, club nights and so on. Whatever was being held Sonata was always determined to go, no matter the theme. As much as Aria hated to admit it, she thoroughly enjoyed the events as well, and tonight was no exception. The trio had made their way into the Fennec’s Ears during their more relaxed evenings, small dance floor, bar, karaoke table and plenty of cocktails on offer. The crowd was a good buzz of regulars and newcomers, all mingling in various areas. The Dazzling’s thanks to their newfound friendship with the Main 7 had allowed them into private booths. It paid well to have friends in high places, such as Rarity and Sunset.

“Dagiii when are the others getting here!? I wanna get everyone on the karaoke machiinee.” Sonata whined, as she looked at Adagio, who was distracted and fully focused on her phone. She occasionally giggled to herself and smiled warmly as she texted eagerly to someone. Aria gave Sonata a cursory look, both arching their eyebrows in unison at each other. They had seen a new side of Adagio ever since the Battle of The Bands, a healthier, more chipper side, but this… was something else. She was giggly, smiling more so than regular, and her thumbs frantically typed the next response to whoever she was texting.

“Adagio?” Aria asked, in her usual dry tone, but it was laced with curiosity and slight concern. Once again, their voices were ignored as she was focused on her screen. Sonata groaned and slumped her head against Aria’s arm, who in the past would’ve swatted her away, but this time, allowed her to stay. Aria smirked and looked down at Sonata and whispered against her ear. “Here, watch this.” She whipped out her own phone and texted Adagio, simply with: “Something caught your eye?” She sent the text and waited. A few moments of nothing happened, Sonata continued to share looks with Aria, who wore her iconic smirk. Adagio was content typing away, giggling at the responses, until one notification paused her entire demeanour. Her eyes raised above her phone, and she was greeted by Aria’s quirked eyebrow and smirk, and Sonata’s ever radiant smile. Adagio grew a sheepish smile and slowly placed down her phone.

“Ahem… sorry girls, I was… well, you could probably see that I was distracted.” Adagio said as she waved a hand through her wavey hair, trying to keep her cool as her two best friends eyed her up. “What? Was it that obvious that I was engrossed?” Adagio asked, fully unaware of how she looked. Sonata simply giggled and Aria laughed.

“Oh Dagi, you were so glued to your screen, it was like you went temporarily deaf!” Sonata exclaimed before she sipped on her rather vibrant blue cocktail. Aria nodded in agreement as she took finished the last sip of her drink.

“Yeah, it was like we totally lost you for a moment there. Glued to that phone… bet you’re texting Shimmer.” Aria said with that same devilish smirk that hadn’t left her face. “Judging by all that smiling and giggling, I bet you were flirting with her too.” Aria continued to press and get underneath Adagio’s skin. Adagio simply groaned and covered her face with both palms and slumped slightly onto the table. Aria laughed more and gently patted Sonata’s thigh. “Totally got her.” She spoke. Sonata only giggled and grew a blush at the touch.

“Damnit, I am losing my poker face, I can’t believe you could read me so easily! And how’d you know it was Sunset? You knew I texted Applejack just recently, you could’ve said her.” Adagio said with a huff as she shared a gaze with her best friends.

“Because we know you Dagi, it’s so obvious when you find someone you like, and Sunset is someone you definitely like like.” Sonata said with a flash of her teeth. As much as she and Aria teased, in truth, both women were incredibly happy for Adagio… but it was fun to tease it out of her, a little bit of playful revenge for all the times Adagio commanded them. This was a fate Adagio had begrudgingly accepted. Though, through banter between all three of them. It had brought them closer, no longer driven apart by the lust or want or magic, or power, just pure closeness. This was the first time in many years that they had felt like the best friends they once were in Equestria. It was a positive change, one that was started by Sunset and her friends, who now, were their friends as well.

“Besides, Applejack and you have only just been getting along now, she was a tough cookie to crack for you. Not only that, but how often you see Sunset, the number of times you ramble on about her. It’s pretty obvious,” Aria said as she opened her phone to order a drink via the app. Aria shot a glance to her. “Unless it is someone else, maybe another guy or girl you’ve got the hots for, man Sunset will be disappointed.” Aria said in a sarcastic tone. She knew it was Sunset, she just wanted Adagio to confirm it.

“Alright fine, you bitch, it is Sunset, happy now? She’s gonna be joining the others as well, and we’re discussing things.” Adagio said in a near mumble. Aria laughed at being cursed at, whilst Sonata piqued interest.

“Oooh~ Things? You gonna ask her out?” Sonata asked abruptly.

“What!? No, I mean yes! I mean hopefully… ugh, you two just know how to get my head all frazzled.” Adagio sighed as she took a rather large swig of her high potency Long Island.

“Hah! Don’t need to do that when your hairs already all frizzy!” Aria exclaimed, which caused Sonata to snort and giggle, and Adagio to moan, but then eventually grin and join in with the laughter.

“But in all seriousness, I am happy for you Adagio, if things do work out between you and Shimmer, then I’m sure myself and Sonata will cheer you on.” Aria said whilst elbowing Sonata’s side, to which she smiled wholesomely at Adagio. The blue haired girl sat up as a waiter brought over a tray of drinks. Aria cocked her head in confusion. “I only ordered one drink?” Aria said as she checked her phone. The waiter smiled and chuckled lightly as he gently placed the drinks on the table.

“No need to worry ma’am. These drinks are from the bar, a young lady said she’d be joining you all soon. Have a pleasant evening, ladies.” The waiter made his prompted exit as the Dazzling’s looked at next round of drinks in wonder and confusion. As Aria had ordered ahead, she had two of the same, which she didn’t mind. But she was curious as to who the waiter meant. Adagio stood from her seat and gazed round to the bar. Her smile was instant as she caught onto who it was that ordered them a round of drinks. Low and behold, Sunset Shimmer, dressed in a new outfit, she had never seen before aside from her usual leather jacket. She wore a black crop top, high waisted baby blue jeans that hugged her naturally curved figure and a set of leather spiked bracelets, which matched the chocker she wore on her neck. The incandescent tanned girl blew a kiss towards Adagio and winked and mouthed: “Come here.”

Adagio never felt so eager in her life as she turned to her best friends and said: “Girls… we will have to thank Miss Shimmer for our drinks, she’s at the bar now. I’ll be… back soon.” Adagio said with a flustered smile. Fortunately, there were small mirrors hung up in the booth they sat in, she quickly checked herself and brushed/fluffed up her hair.

“Aha! Well tell Sunset we’re very thankful and to bring her ass over her when you two stop making out by the bar.” Aria teased as she gave Adagio a wink. Adagio grinned back in response and leant into Aria’s ear and whispered.

That’s if we don’t catch you two here snogging her first~.” Adagio whispered earning her revenge once more as she waved the two girls goodbye. Sonata waved back and had noticed how suddenly flushed and red Aria had gotten.

“Ari, are you okay?” Sonata asked, oblivious as to what Adagio had said in her ear. Aria shone redder than a prized ruby, her eyes wide and scornful at Adagio as she walked away. A secret between the two of them nearly ruined, had Sonata been paying attention. Fortunately for both parties, she clearly wasn’t. Aria reached over for her Cosmo and took a hearty swig.

“Y-yeah, I’m all good. Just you know… happy that our besties happy, ya know?” Aria said awkwardly, despite her tone, Sonata seemed unphased by it and nodded with a warmed smile.

“Yeah! She deserves some happiness! I think we all do; I get really happy whenever there’s Mexican food, but you already know that.” Sonata giggled and Aria laughed gently, feeling the awkward tension leave her body almost instantly as she scooted closer to her. “And I have to say Ari, you make a mean burrito, best one I’ve had hands down.” Sonata said with a grin before delving into her Blue Lagoon. Aria chuckled and leant back.

“You really think so? Hell, I just pay attention to the things you like and put ‘em together.” Aria said as she waved her off, she wasn’t used to receiving compliments, even for things as mundane as food. “But you’re right… we all deserve it. Happiness, I mean, well, as well as burritos I guess.” Aria chuckled. Sonata’s magenta eyes followed her softly. It was great to see and hear Aria laugh. During the Battle of The Bands, it was incredibly hard to see Aria descend into this stern, blunt woman, a shell of what she is now. Sonata too scooted closer, their legs now touching.

“Happiness and burrito’s sounds like my kinda night.” Sonata said with a laugh as she leant back and relaxed into the sofa. Then her eyes shot open, she had realised what Aria had just said. She paid attention to Sonata, fully engrossed herself into the things she was into. Something she rarely ever had prior to their restoration. Again, it was food, Sonata adored it, in fact, even pursued cooking as a chef herself, but knowing someone, especially Aria listened. Was something else entirely. Her stomach fluttered and she thought to herself. “Is this… what they mean by butterflies?” Sonata shook her head. “Wait… you actually listen to my food rambles?”

Aria chuckled. “Of course, I listen dumbass, you’re one of my best friends…” She paused. “And that means a lot to me, to have you as my best friend, even after all the shit I had done to you and the oth-.” She was cut off by Sonata’s touch. Her palm was chilled from the iced drink. Her palm cupped Aria’s cheek.

“Not another word missy. You’ve apologised to me numerous times, and I’ve accepted that apology many many times dummy. So, don’t worry your lil head about it okay? I’m just as lucky to have Adagio and you in my life, after everything. But here we are… sharing drinks, talking about nothing, being us, the three of us, and you and I.” Sonata’s tone was incredibly gentle, calming. A side of her that was rarely seen by others, but only shared with those who she trusted with no doubts. Aria and Adagio were the first to see this side of her. Her emphasis on “you and I.” was noticed by Aria which caused her to fall silent. Their eye’s met and Aria gently pulled Sonata into a tight hug. Normally this was the other way, Sonata was certainly a hugger, and adored touch. Adagio was a mixture and Aria was quite standoffish. For her to do it, must’ve meant something. Sonata wasted no time in hugging her back and rubbing a soothing hand down her back.

There were no tears, no words, just warmth and comfort. The two embraced silently for a few moments until Aria gently pulled back, but didn’t fully let go, as she clasped onto Sonata’s hands with her own.

“Sonata… you know how terrible I am with emotional stuff.” Aria said admittedly. Sonata smiled sweetly.

“Oh, I know, but you did cry at the end of Return of The King.” Sonata teased. Aria rolled her eyes and chuckled.

“That’s different! When Aragorn… never mind… I just wanted to ask you something, kinda serious. It’s about… you, and well… me as well.” Aria said as she grew a slightly annoyed expression, more so at herself as she whispered beneath her breath. “Why the fuck am I so bad at this?”

“Okay… take your time Ari.” Sonata said reassuringly.

Aria took a deepened breath as Sonata’s hand gently massaged itself into Aria’s, as a form of comfort. “I would like to ask you… ugh… I would like to ask out on a date.” Sonata blinked as Aria’s voice trailed off as she finished the sentence.

“Uhh I didn’t quite catch that Aria can you ask it again?” Sonata said with a light chuckle.

“Would you like to go on a date?” Aria whispered. Once again caused Sonata to be confused.

“Say again?”

“Ughh” Aria buried herself into the crook of Sonata’s neck before pulling back with a soured expression.

“That’s okay, take your time, perhaps you can whisper it.” Sonata suggested, Aria pulled back and shook her head.

“No. I need to do this; I need to grow some fucking balls and just say it.” Aria huffed and breathed in deep once again. “Sonata. Would you like to go on a date?” Aria said confidently, her eyes met with Sonata’s. Silence washed over the two of them. Aria had noticed the pale blue girls’ lips quiver and shake. The surge of confidence started to disperse away as Sonata said nothing, but only gave Aria a stunned expression. “Look I get it if you’re not interested, or you just wanna be friends, I’ve just had these feelings for you, for such a long time and I-.” She was cut off by a large, very excited:

“YES!” Sonata yelled and giggled breathlessly. “I’ve been feeling the same way for so long Ari, of course I will! Thank you!” Sonata clung to her like a koala and hugged Aria incredibly tightly. Aria chuckled, relieved, and amused by Sonata’s reaction. It felt like a whole weight had been shifted off her shoulders. But that weight was soon replaced by the skinny excited girl that cuddled into her chest.

“You know, with that reaction, people probably thought I just proposed to you.” Aria said with a laugh in her throat. Sonata shrugged.

“I don’t care what they think, we’re going on a date! When and where!?” Sonata asked as she gave Aria a wide grin. In truth, Aria didn’t think she’d get this far, so in truth she hadn’t prepared anything. But then a thought came to mind.

“My place? Say around 5:30? We’ll make it a burrito and movie night?” She asked, suggesting the idea, that according to Sonata ‘sounded like her perfect night.’ Sonata nodded eagerly and it was set. Their first date.

“Hey Ari.” Sonata said as she sat up from the small embrace.

“Yeah?” Aria asked.

Sonata leant in and placed the softest of kisses upon her cheek. “Thank you, Ari, I can’t wait… but if you want me to keep it under wraps in front of Adagio and the others, I can certainly do that.” Sonata’s voice was a soft hush as she gently whispered to the loved-eyed Aria, whose face was full of a deep crimson blush, which highlighted her already lilac skin. It wasn’t her first kiss no. But it was a kiss that meant so much.

“You’re always welcome bugs… and yeah… lets keep this, us, on the downlow and see where it all takes us. Together.” Aria said as she held onto Sonata’s hand for a few moments, their fingers interlocked as Sonata’s thumb gently traced over her knuckles. A loud cheer of voices echoed down from the bar. Many she and Sonata recognised, especially Adagio’s voice. “Come on, lets go see what all the fuss is.” Aria stood and still held onto Sonata’s hand as they exited the booth. Sonata was trying her best to downplay her grin. But the excitement continued to bubble within her like an active volcano. Her emotions of pure positivity and excitement doubled as she held onto Aria’s hand. But soon, that touch was bound to end. Any second, she got was sure to be enjoyed and cherished.

-o0o-

“Applejack you whipped his ass! He didn’t even stand a chance, and for Rarity to embarrass him even fully by dunking his sorry ass in the cool pool! Ah man, I wish I had filmed it!” Rainbow cackled as the double date walked into the heart of Canterlot. All refreshed and no longer soaked head to toe.

“We’ll I can’t have him disrespectin’ my lady like that now, can I?” Applejack said with a grin as she wrapped an arm across Rarity’s shoulder, to which Rarity happily sunk herself into her side. Rarity looked up and pressed a lipstick-stained kiss onto Applejack’s freckled cheek.

“You were so very brave darling, risking yourself for little old me. I guess I could call you my knight in shining armour.” Rarity said as she gazed up at her partner with a large smile. Applejack chuckled as she moved her arm away from her shoulder, to hold onto her hand endearingly. “I have to say. I never once doubted your strength darling; I always knew you had many muscles beneath those shirts you wear.” Rarity said with the faintest blush.

“Why, you been lookin’ whilst I’ve been getting’ changed then missy?” Applejack teased as she nudged Rarity’s hip with her wrist.

“Well, one must admire their partner, in all forms, especially when one is getting changed from practical attire into something rather fetching, such as this outfit. Which I must say, looking positively ravishing on you my love~.” Rarity cooed as she admired the modern-southern style Applejack wore. It was a combination of Rarity’s own talents, intermingled with Applejack’s southern charm. Much like their relationship, it was a mixture of worlds. Her outfit, torn black jeans, a stripped white crop-top, torn black denim shirt and her usual Stetson. As she had stated previously, she did also provide outfits for the others too for the summery cool night air. Fluttershy, simple cottage core designs with denim and frilly lace, whilst Rainbow was practical, easy going, shorts, shirt and overshirt.

Fluttershy spoke up: “O-oh it looks like Sunsets at the bar too, I just got a selfie of her and Adagio.” She said with a warmed smile. Rainbow peered over and looked at Fluttershy’s phone with a smile.

“So, bets on them two being an item?” Rainbow asked aloud to her friends and partner.

“I think they’d make a cute a couple.” Fluttershy admitted as she held onto Rainbows hand.

“Yeah, but you say that about everyone Flutters. Hell, last week you even suggested that Twilight and Starlight would make a good couple, based on their names alone.” Rainbow said with exclamation. It was clear that the sweet little shy Fluttershy had been secretly putting couples together. Both Rarity and Applejack however had paused their conversation and thought upon the pairing of Twilight and Starlight.

“Naw, she’s got a point there RD, the whole name thing kinda checks out.” Applejack said with an affirming nod. Rarity too nodded in agreement.

“I concur, Fluttershy dear has a fantastic point. And besides that, does make a lot of sense, they do spend considerable time together.” Rarity said with a soft smile. To which Rainbow rolled here eyes.

“Can we get back to the original question please?” Rainbow asked in a slightly annoyed tone.

“I suppose I can see it working, they were once at each other’s throats.” Rarity suddenly clasped her hands together. “Oh, how wonderful, it would be just like one of the many romantic novels I’ve read, with the enemies to lovers’ trope!” Rarity exclaimed, already rather excited by the prospect of a could-be fictional couple. Applejack chuckled and broke Rarity’s trance by stopping in her tracks.

“Well, we’re here, so why don’t you ask ‘em yourself sugarcube?” Applejack suggested in a teasing way. Her grin oozingly full of a playful nature. Rarity stuck out her tongue at Applejack and giggled. Rainbow and Fluttershy paused too.

“I’ve just texted the others, Pinkie, Twilight and Starlight will be coming over in the next half an hour or so! Rainbow said with a smirk on her face. “Tonight, is gonna be lit… and Flutters babe, you and I, karaoke machine allllll night.” Rainbow said as she nudged her side.

“Oh… my.” Fluttershy simply said as she took Rainbow’s hand with a warmed smile and headed inside the Fennec’s Ears.

“We’ll catch ya’ll inside!” Applejack called out to Rainbow and Fluttershy. Rarity cocked an eyebrow in silent alarm and confusion.

“Darling what’s the matter, why aren’t we joining the others? Is something wrong, are you hurt from your fight earlier?” Rarity started to worry, but soon fell silent as Applejack gently laughed and held onto Rarity’s hips and pressed her palms against the velvety fabric. It was one of Rarity’s many weak spots, having her hips pressed like that, especially by her other halves, large, firm hands.

“Nothins’ wrong sugarcube, it’s more the case I wanted to ask you somethin’ regarding us, and bein’ all public. I know we confided in RD and Fluttershy, but do you want us… to be seen, by all our friends before the big summer stay over at Fluttershy’s cottage? I am happy either way, I just wanted to know how you felt darlin’.” Applejack said soothingly soft, as she pulled Rarity to the side, away from any potential prying ears. Rarity sighed, in truth, she knew not what to think either.

“I… I don’t know my love, I want us to be happy, you more than anything to feel loved, and I don’t want us to be a secret forever. Maybe… tonight, is the night, we just say fuck it and do it. If you’ll pardon my French. Or maybe we can seem like it’s our first date or something like that. But whatever you want darling, is what I want.” Rarity said softly and wrapped her arms around Applejack’s neck.

“Judgin’ by the way you’re clingin’ onto me and holdin’ me close, all-in public, says to me, you’re ready.” Applejack said with a warmed smile as she held her close. “Besides, ain’t this Sunsets fancy bar, only a few come in here anyways.” Applejack said as a point. A point which Rarity nodded and smiled at.

“I think you know how to read my mind, honey. Let’s just be us. I am sure our friends will be fully supportive. But we’ll keep our lips sealed about Rainbow and Fluttershy. And I suppose coming out, will be easier, especially with Pinkie being there, as she can take one glance at us and tell the world without us saying a word.” Rarity chuckled, as did Applejack. Pinkie possessed a talent or ability to read others quickly and with precision that would make any therapist or private detective jealous.

“Well come on then lover, lets go n’ give them all a show.” Applejack said with a grin before she gently lowered her lips towards Rarity. Rarity eagerly responded and followed suite and placed her lips onto Applejack’s with a soft little kiss. After a few seconds, Applejack pulled back. “Oh, and we are definitely goin’ on that karaoke machine as well, especially if we’re drunker than a bunch of hillbillies on moonshine.” Applejack offered her hand.

“Oh, I think a whole group session is needed as well.” Rarity took Applejack’s hand and entered the Fennec’s Ears.

-o0o-

Sunset’s smile beamed as she cheered as both Rainbow and Fluttershy wondered in. Adagio to let out a cheer, as customary hugs were exchanged between all four women. “Heyyy you two! Look at you all dressed up, I can tell you two have been around Rarity’s place, not gonna lie, Fluttershy, that outfit does wonders for you.” Sunset complimented as Fluttershy played with the frills of her outfit. She remained quiet, being as sheepish as usual. Sunset took no offence; she was used to the shy nature of her quiet animal-lover friend. Sunset quirked a brow. “So, where’s Applejack and Rarity? I got the text off Applejack saying they were with you two?” Sunset asked curiously.

“Nah, they’re here, just outside right now, Rarity probably had to fix her dress or something, and had to ask AJ for help.” Rainbow bluffed, quite efficiently too.

“That does sound like her.” Adagio added as she gently let out a chuckle. In the short time The Dazzlings and Mane 7 had become a combined friend group, Adagio had gotten to know Rarity rather well, not as much as Sunset, but still, the two had a shared love for the finer things in life. “Care for a drink you two? It’s my round anyways.” Adagio offered the cocktail menu to Rainbow and Fluttershy. Rainbow immediately felt off put by the menu, she was a casual drinker, and usually had bottled or canned beers, this was something entirely different. Something she’d mock Rarity for too. But she was determined to give something a go. However, Fluttershy had beaten her to it.

“O-oh I’ll have a Blushing Lady, thank you Adagio.” Fluttershy said with the gentlest of smiles.

“I had no idea you were into cocktails babe.” Rainbow said quite astonished that Fluttershy was so fast to choose.

“I suppose you can blame Zephyr for that one. He introduced them to me.” Fluttershy said nonchalantly. Rainbow paused and overlooked the menu again. Of course, her little brother would be the one to introduce her to high potency alcohol. He always had a care-free attitude. Less so now after graduating.

“Screw it, I’ll have a Long Island.” Rainbow said as she placed the menu back onto the bar.

“Good choice Rainbow, this is my third one, and I feel positively divine. Sunset and I have been indulging by ourselves for the past hour or so. Adagio gave a slightly amused look at Sunset, who return gave her a tipsy smirk.

“W-where is Sonata and Aria?” Before Fluttershy got an answer, Sunset cheered as both Rarity and Applejack, strode into the bar, hand in hand. Adagio too seemed rather excited to see them. Sunset was blissfully unaware of the implications of the two of them holding hands, whereas Adagio raised an eyebrow before she returned her gaze to Fluttershy and smiled.

“Oh, they’re in the private- no wait, they’re they are!” She gestured merrily to her best friends, who came over to say hello to Rainbow and Fluttershy, once again exchanging hugs, the usual how are you’s? What are you drinking? And so forth. Meanwhile Sunset had brought both Applejack and Rarity into tight embraces.

“Oh, it’s so good to see you both again! Feels like ageeess, even though we only broke up from term a week or so ago.” Sunset said with a warmed smile. “From your text, AJ, sounds like you two have got some juicy gossip for me, regarding a couple of Crystal Prep dicks?” Sunset asked as she perched herself on the barstool once again.

Rarity stepped forth and sat next in between Sunset and Applejack. “Oh darling, we most certainly do. But Applejack and I decided to wait and tell everyone when they get here, it’s a rather amusing tale, especially as it involves one of my… unfortunate exes.” Rarity said between gritted teeth, but a smile remained on her lips. Sunsets baby blue eyes shone like the sun, and she laughed excitedly.

“Hell yes. I cannot wait to find out the whole story. Is the whole group coming? Adagio, Sonata and Aria are here, along with you four.” Sunset asked.

“RD text Twilight, Pinkie and Starlight, seems like the three of them are comin’ together, should be here at like around 8pm or so.” Applejack stated as she ordered herself and Rarity’s drink. At this point in their relationship, it was customary to surprise each other with different kinds of drinks or food. A French Martini for Rarity and a Moscow Mule for herself.

“Awesome, tonight’s gonna be a good night, especially even more so now with everyone turning up! Adagio’s save us a booth, perhaps once the others get here, we can all chill in there before it gets really crowded in here.” Sunset offered, to which both Rarity and Applejack agreed.

“I ain’t gonna lie Sunset, you seem kinda merry already, you and the Dazzling’s been drinkin’ a bunch before we got here?” Applejack asked with a chuckle in her throat.

Sunset smirked and nodded. “Yeah, Adagio and I have been taking turns for a little while. Just got carried away, but not for that long, half an hour tops. We just kinda necked a few drinks, and well, it may have slightly hit us. But I’ll cool it for a bit, don’t want to not remember this night.” Sunset laughed, as did Rarity. The bartended served both Applejack’s and Rarity’s drinks, and eagerly both took a curious taste of their cocktails before sharing with one another, a taste of their own cocktail. “Now that’s a solid drink.” Applejack said as took another sip of her Moscow Mule.

Rarity raised her glass to Applejack and Sunset. “Well, my darlings, our first cheers to a good night.”

“I’ll drink to that sugarcube.” Applejack toasted.

“So, will I. Thanks for coming you two, I can’t wait to do this more often.” Sunset said with a warm smile as she took a gentle sip.

“The night is young darling, we have still many more things to discuss, and do. As Applejack and I discussed, we need a group song on that karaoke machine later, especially after a few more of these.” Rarity tapped the side of her glass.

“Heh, funny you should say that Adagio suggested the same thing earlier.” Sunset said as she gazed back to the tall, naturally beautiful woman that was Adagio. Her smile widened as she watched for a few seconds, as Adagio conversed with their mutual friends. That was until Adagio caught her glance and their eye’s met briefly, exchanging small soft smiles.

“Please tell me if I am wrong darling, but you seem to be infatuated with our dear Adagio at the moment… is there something there?” Rarity asked out of pure conversation. Applejack’s attention became focused on Sunset, she wanted to see her reaction to such a question. Sunset sighed and brought her gaze back to Rarity and Applejack and smiled contented.

“God, I hope so. I wont lie to you two, we’ve been texting non-stop, I got her snapchat recently, even got a good old-fashioned streak going. I just… feel like she gets me, and I understand her, I really want to ask her out… but I think it’s going to be a slower process… which I am totally cool with. I just hope it goes well.” Sunset said with a growing grin. Her heart fluttered as she confessed to two of her dearest friends.

“I think you’d make a mighty fine couple. Just be patient… you never know when love might find you.” Applejack said as her eyes gently rolled towards Rarity. To which the fashionista blushed and beneath the bar, placed a hand on top of Applejack’s thigh.

“Thanks AJ, that means a lot. Fingers crossed I grow the confidence to ask her soon.” Sunset sighed as she once again turned back to look at her crush. “But what about either of you two, been lucky lately?” Sunset’s eyes met with Applejack’s. The two had exchanged words before the term had finished. She even confided in her with her feelings towards Rarity when it was just a crush at the time. Rarity grew a blush and felt a pang of anxiety wash over her. She lifted her glass and drank from it, heavily, as her eye’s, wide with slight fear, met with Applejack’s emerald, green eyes once more. They were relaxed, calming and soothed Rarity’s mind, even without saying any words.

“Well… seein’ as you asked Sunset, yes, there is someone in my life, romantically, speakin’ of course.” Applejack said confidently. Sunsets eyes widened and her head tilted ever so slightly. Their gazes met as Sunset’s interest piqued.

“Oh, and is it a serious thing?” She asked.

“Most certainly, I love her to death.” Applejack said with a honeyed country charm. She knew how much Rarity adored it when she spoke of her, especially in that lovely buttery accent of hers. Rarity’s hand upon Applejack’s thigh, gave an affirming squeeze. One of silent praise.

“Oh, a her huh? What’s her name then?” Sunset asked.

“You already know her name.” Applejack continued.

“I do? Go on tell me! This is exciting news AJ!” Sunset said as she leant further into the conversation. Applejack’s hand slid up Rarity’s velvet covered back.

“Do you want introduce yourself sugarcube, or shall I?” She asked Rarity. Her partner simply smiled and extended her hand out towards Sunset.

“Charmed, Ms. Shimmer, I am Applejack’s lovely other half.” Rarity grinned, joining in on the playfulness that her girlfriend had set up.

“Shut up… are you two actually a thing?!” Sunset said with a widening grin. “You did it! You got your crush! Oh my god, I am so happy for the both of you! Come here!” Sunset got up from her barstool and pulled both into a full embrace, each woman under her arms. “I knew it! I just knew it! You’d finally find that courage, we all knew you would, have you told the others yet?” Sunset asked as she shot both a glance.

“Only yourself, Rainbow and Fluttershy so far. We did intend to keep it hidden until Fluttershy’s barbecue. But… we couldn’t wait that long; we decided tonight was the night.” Rarity said as the embrace was broken between the three of them.

“I won’t say anything until you do, I don’t want to spoil your surprise at all.” Sunset said gleefully.

“What surprise!?” Sonata asked as herself, Aria and Adagio made their way over from the other group. Her toothy grin was always a delight to see. Aria gave Applejack a firm, tight hug, with a few pats on the back exchanged. Sonata offered Rarity a warmed hug, akin to one she’d receive from her little sister, Sweetie-Belle. Adagio was a gentle hugger compared to her other Dazzling’s. Sunset at this moment took the chance to slip away and join Rainbow and Fluttershy.

Applejack and Rarity gently chuckled at Sonata’s question. “Shall we?” Rarity asked.

“You can take the lead this time sugarcube.” Applejack said as she clutched both Rarity’s hand and her drink.

“We have decided tonight that Applejack and I confess, that we are indeed a couple.” Sonata was the only one who gave a genuinely surprised reaction, much like Sunset, she hugged the two again and expressed her congratulations to the couple stood before them. Adagio and Aria offered praise, but praise that indicated that they knew. Rarity smirked. “It seems that some of you already knew or had guessed that already.”

“Remember Rarity, I used to lead this trio by reading people. As I said to Applejack before term finished, I already knew how head over heels she was for you, so it’s no surprise that the two of you became an item.” Adagio said with her usual prideful smirk, which eventually broke into a smile, full of genuine happiness. “But nonetheless, I am extremely happy for the two of you. You make a great match I must say.”

Aria stepped forward and wore her smirk like a badge of pride. “Knew it. Just knew it with the way you two were, much like Adagio said, our job was to read people, know their wants and desires. That didn’t go away after we lost our corruption. We just use it for fun now. And besides, didn’t I say to you once, The Fashionista and The Farmgirl. It was so obvious that you’d hitch.” Aria grinned. “Still, happy that you’re happy and you bagged a good-looking girl at that.”

“Well… thank you kindly Aria.” Applejack chuckled.

“Anytime, you know how I am, I’m just blunt with the truth.” Aria shrugged; her drink clutched in her hand the whole time.

“Though looks like you’ve got more peeps to tell!” Sonata butted in as she gestured to the open door. Stood at the door was a daintily dressed Twilight, stood beside a rather loud and colourfully dressed Pinkie Pie and a very casual, hipster-ish dressed Starlight.

“Hi girls, lovely to see you al-.” Twilight was cut off as she made her way into the bar, with Starlight in-toe. Pinkie had jumped her way into the bar and grinned at all her friends.

“WHO’S READY TO PAR-TAY!?” Pinkie exclaimed as she bounced her way into the Fennec’s Ears. As she passed by her friend group she paused in her jolly skipping and shot a curious glance, that was followed by a “hmmmm” as she peered her eyes at Applejack and Rarity. “Yep! Defo a couple! See you girls in a bit!” She said as she continued hopping her way down to the main bar and said hello to the others. Adagio and Aria seemed stunned that Pinkie just knew.

Whereas Rarity and Applejack laughed, and in unison said: “Typical Pinkie.”

TBC!