• Published 22nd Mar 2023
  • 1,348 Views, 68 Comments

Be Mine - ThatChangelingGit



Rarity has fallen for Applejack, and vice versa, hoping some quality time together, will only make their feelings bloom.

  • ...
10
 68
 1,348

Chapter 4: "Our first date of many, I’m sure.” (Date night Part ½)

Chapter 4: “Our first date of many, I’m sure.” (Part ½)

The drive towards the centre of Canterlot was straight forward and easy to navigate, unlike the horrid and rather confusing roads of Manehatten, Rarity had endured over the Christmas Holidays. This drive was relaxed, calm and measured, she wanted to ensure that her date felt comfortable both around her, and her driving. Applejack and Rarity had chatted idly about their day, discussing what their classes had been like, both prior and after the confession at lunch. When it came to discussing both their last classes, the conversation somewhat stiffened from Applejack’s end. Rarity had noticed this, and when approaching a red-light, she reared up the handbrake and placed a comforting hand upon Applejack’s knee. The denim fabric was oddly both soft and rugged.

“Applejack, darling, are you alright? You’ve suddenly gone quiet.” Rarity asked with a soft but concerned smile. Rarity initially thought that maybe now Applejack was beginning to doubt, or even change her mind. However, that minimal fear was quenched when Applejack replied.

“I’m alright sugarcube, just nervous is all, I don’t wanna disappoint you or nothin’.” Applejack confessed. The Farmgirl knew that Rarity had taste, luxurious ones at that. She adored high class society, food and attire, and Applejack was the total opposite. She had worried as they began to enter the busy streets of Canterlot, that she didn’t fit in, she’d look wrong besides Rarity as a date. Rarity saw the heaviness of Applejack’s shoulders, the weight of worry had overcome her, she knew this feeling all too well. Rarity glanced out of her front window, and noted the light was still red. She quickly leant over and placed another peck on her freckled cheek. This gained a warmed smile.

“Darling, please, you won’t disappoint me, you never have, and you never will. I want to go on this date with you, and I know for a fact, you’ll be positively fabulous. You always are.” Rarity said as the slightest of hues caressed her ivory skin. She fully believed every word she spoke, she thought incredibly highly of Applejack, especially more so now, as her feelings had been confirmed. The Farmgirl placed a hand over Rarity’s. She squeezed it with a firm but gentle grip. Applejack breathed out, this time a bit heavier, however, that gorgeous wide smile returned. The giddiness of going on a date with a woman she adored, had returned. The nerves, though still present, had become that of excitement and romantic curiosity. Applejack wanted to kiss her again, but sadly, the lights had begun to change colour. Rarity reluctantly removed her hand away to the handbrake and gears, and they headed off once again, evermore closer to their destination.

“Thank you, Rare’s.” Applejack started. “It means a lot; I just want to make sure you have a great time tonight.” She finished, as she felt far more relaxed than she did earlier. Rarity’s smile had remained the entire time.

“And I am sure I will, and I want the same for you too my dear, you deserve it, as we said, this is for us, together darling.” Rarity said reassuringly. The two delved further into idle conversation until they had reached the main city square, there, a myriad of car parks, bus routes, towering skyscrapers, designer shops and restaurants dotted the streets. However, the one they had been both eagerly awaited, shone like a beacon. It was a minimalist, but incredibly sweet looking café. The entire outside had been painted in a gentle lilac colour, one reminiscent of Sweetie Belle’s hair. The front door had been painstakingly decorated with a large wall of flowers, that highlighted the entrance and windows. Oranges, pinks, reds, maroons, and other wonderful shades of pink, red and purple. They weren’t fake flowers, they were real and maintained regularly, trimmed too. The building looked as if it had been overcome, but designed by nature itself, a rather unconventional building for Canterlot.

To the right of the beautiful café, sat a generous carpark, where Rarity found a space with ease. Parked and hitched up the handbrake once more and switched off her ignition. Rarity flipped down her sun visor and examined her face once again, but in the corner of her peripheral vision she had noted Applejack, wore a large grin across her adorable, freckled face. Rarity was not amused and huffed.

“Something amusing darling?” Rarity asked as she brushed her hand through her designer hair. Applejack laughed gently and gently sat up in her seat and adjusted her hat.

“No, nothin’ amusin’ Rare’s, just that I think you don’t need to constantly check, you’re gorgeous the way you are now.” Applejack said with her charming low toned voice, her accent sweetened the compliment. Rarity smiled softly and paused with her checks, as she turned attention away from the small mirror in the visor. Her expression softened as she took one of Applejack’s hands in her own. Raised it to her lips and placed a kiss upon the top of her knuckles.

“You know the right things to say darling. More talk like that, and I’ll be forced to swoon on you.” Rarity said with a light laugh as she let go of Applejack’s warmed hand and undid her seatbelt. She knew this was a self-jest, but also, a nugget of truth. She was falling head over heels more and more this country woman spoke to her in such endearing ways. Rarity was caught up in her own thoughts of swooning, that she hadn’t noticed her date had left the vehicle. She reached for her door handle, but as she was about grab onto the handle, the door swung open for her. Stood outside, to her surprise, was Applejack, with her signature warm smile.

“Then I’ll have to catch you, won’t I sugarcube.” That wasn’t a question, more of a statement from Applejack. She extended her hand out to Rarity, who gladly accepted. Rarity took a breath as the now cooler air of Canterlot city had hit her. Though the afternoon had been a warm wonderful day. The early evening had descended into cooler, more brisk temperatures. Though it didn’t really matter, as the Café was a very short walk away.

“Shall we darling?” Rarity offered as she gestured to the pink illuminated sign of the ‘La Brasserie des Pétales de Rose’.

“Oh, I think we might just have to’ Miss Rarity.” Applejack said in a teasing tone, as she offered her hand. The tease luckily garnered a laugh from Rarity as she looped her arm around Applejack’s and interlocked her hand with the warmed and ever so slightly coursed hands of her Farmgirl date. Without further delay, the date had commenced as they strode hand in hand, arm gently locked around arm, as they approached the gilded golden doors of the wonderful café. Applejack was in awe of the décor; it seemed nothing like the usual ‘Froo Froo’ Canterlot, high-society buildings that boarded it. In fact, with the natural designs, she deemed it more of a café that Fluttershy would most certainly adore. Applejack reached out and pulled open the door for Rarity. Her face grew a full blush as she gestured for Rarity to walk first.

“Ladies first.” Applejack said softly. Rarity brushed her palm across Applejack’s broad shoulder and gently smiled at her.

“Such a charmer my dear, and, as a reassurance, you’re doing positively wonderful.” Rarity cooed as the two entered the waiting area for the café.

Inside the café was a delicately designed building, that matched the exterior. Roses, as implied by the name of the café, dotted near every surface, some were fake to keep the décor, so that was no worry that they’d wilt and ruin the general atmosphere of the café. It smelt extraordinary, akin to the freshest bouquet of flowers that had just bloomed. Alongside the gorgeous scent that both Applejack and Rarity “Mmme’d” over, the smell of ground coffee, baked goods, fresh food all conjoined into an aroma, that sent both girls stomachs growling. Adjacent to the coffee bar, sat a regular bar, one littered with bottles of the highest alcohols and liqueurs. Stood in front, was a sharply dressed gentlemen, who shook violently a cobbler shaker, as he mixed a collection of cocktails.

“Rare’s, I gotta say, even just lookin’ at this place, it’s amazin’!” Applejack called out in delight as she was enamoured with excitement at the pure environment and atmosphere. Rarity, who had stars in her eyes, giggled with excitement, clung onto her date and near bounced with bubbled joy.

“Oh, we haven’t even sat down yet darling, if it’s this excitement simply standing here, what is going to be like when we are sat? A wide menu for both café treats, and even restaurant high-quality food, oh what wonders will they have!” Rarity sang as she clung onto her dates arm with a buzz in her voice. Applejack gently wrapped an arm around her rather excited sweethearts’ waist and held her close.

After a few moments and other couples, dates and friends joined the couple in the waiting area, a waitress approached them, a waitress both women recognised.

“Lyra!?” They asked in unison.

“Oh, hey you two, fancy seeing you two here! Me and BonBon just started working here last month, you two want a table?” Lyra asked. She was a tall, but nimble woman, her skin a minty green, which her hair matched. They didn’t know her too well, both Applejack and Rarity shared classes with her, she was pleasant and easy to get along with. Rarity offered a smile and clutched onto Applejack’s arm.

“Yes please, Lyra, that would be most appreciated.” Rarity softly spoke.

“Of course, right this way you two, I’ll give you both the best table in the entire café, you’ll be able to see all the amazing decorations and Mixer in the bar, making all the cocktails.” Lyra commented as she gestured for the couple to follow her. Not letting go of one another, they followed, eagerly and excitedly. They were seated at a generous table, large and spacious. In the centre sat a trio of romantic-esque candles, a set of roses in a small glass case, two wine classes and two smaller glasses of water. Lyra gently placed down their menus, offered the specials, and left them to decide for a few moments.

As she strode off, she caught the arm of her girlfriend, BonBon and whispered in her ear. “Table 14, Rarity and Applejack, I knew it, the two are just like us.” Lyra whispered, with a wide smile. BonBon’s eyes widened and made a glance over towards the two.

“Oh my god they totally are.” She held out a palm to Lyra, to which she promptly high-fived. “Called it.” The two said in unison.

Rarity scanned the menu, oh the extravagant choices, both not too overpriced, and not too under. A perfect medium of comfortable luxurious dining. Her eye’s widened over the plethora of choices. The cocktail list and bar menu was also long, detailed, and full of too many choices. Though, fortunately, as she was designated driver, her choice of drink was limited. Though, there’d be plenty of opportunities and dates for sharing a drink with the woman that she adored.

“What are you thinking of going for darling? There’s plenty of choices, it seems they cater to everyone’s pallet, even Fluttershy’s vegetarianism.”

Applejack didn’t respond, Rarity’s question had no answer, which caused her to lower her menu. She witnessed Applejack’s confused expression, she seemed to be trying to read the menu, but failing to grasp any of it.

“I… uh I dunno Sugarcube, I can’t really read any of it, it’s all in that fancy tongue of yours, ya know, French.” Applejack said admittedly. She even sounded a little defeated, or perhaps embarrassed. Rarity knew that this bothered Applejack. She placed her menu down and extended her hand over the table, moved the candles aside, so that she grasped onto Applejack’s hand and pulled it to the centre, her palm gently wrapped itself around the top of Applejack’s hand.

“Darling, forgive me, I forgot that this place loves to cater towards the Canterlot crowds primarily. If it makes you uncomfortable, and makes you feel diminished in anyway, I’m sorry, that was not my intent by asking you to come here.” Rarity said softly. Her hand moved to interlock their fingers again. To which she received a warmed squeeze.

“No Rares, it ain’t like that at all, I just didn’t wanna come across as dumb, or ya know, like I can’t take you out to your favourite fancy places because I can’t read the menu.” Applejack admitted as a slight frown over crept her face. But soon, it turned into a smile.

“But you can teach me right, that’s what couples do ain’t it? Help each other.” She asked, her smile broadened, as did Rarity’s.

“But of course, darling.” Rarity spoke warmly as she leant up from her chair, and rested her elbows onto the linen tablecloth, and began to point at the menu items, labelling all the ones that she knew that Applejack was most likely going to choose on any menu. Steaks, southern chicken, hearty British pies, soul food in essence. She noted at how that wonderful sparkle had returned to Applejack’s beautiful emerald eyes again as she read aloud the items both in French and English. She’d do anything for this woman, from the simplest task, to the mightiest one. Anything.

“I ain’t gonna lie Rare’s, they have a T-bone steak, it’s lookin’ mighty tempting.” Applejack said as she subconsciously licked her bottom lip, in hunger and awe of the idea of it. Rarity, both blushed and laughed, in regard to her salivating.

“Well, my dear, have anything you’d like.” Rarity said as she returned to scanning her own menu.

“I would, but it is kinda expensive.” Applejack retracted.

“Darling, I’ll say it again, have anything you’d like. This date is on me.” Rarity said nonchalantly as she continued to look at her menu. This flabbergasted Applejack, her eyes shot wide open at this sudden revelation.

“B-but… Rare’s, I asked you out on this, surely, it’d be that pays?” Applejack retorted.

“Nonsense darling, you’ve been nothing but an utter delight, from our confession at lunch, up until now. You’ve been charming, lovely, and utterly romantic this entire time. You’ve not hidden yourself away, you’ve been fantastic, and as a result, I’m treating you tonight. But… I know you my dear, you’ll be insistent, so how about on date number two, you pay, and then onwards we split our bills?” Rarity suggested and complimented all in the same speech. As of late, Applejack had been the one to have the final word in this relationship, she had recently stunned Rarity in speechlessness a few times, through her own charm, and genuine passion for this beautiful woman sat across from her. It was unlike Applejack to be floored by such kindness and admiration.

“You’re too kind to me sweetheart, I don’t even know what to say but thank you.” Applejack said softly. Rarity chuckled lightly.

“You’re more than welcome my darling, I’m sure you can thank me after we finish her too.” Rarity said with a slight hue on her cheeks as she closed her menu. Applejack had also grown a slight sheepish look on her face. There was one thing that clung to her mind however, in Rarity’s small speech.

“So… second date then? You want to go on another, even though we just started one?” Applejack asked, her curiosity brewing, as she wanted this to work so badly, she and her.

“But of course, I’d love to go another date with you, this is our first date of many, I’m sure.” Rarity cocked a brow. “Would you like to continue these dates? If you are undecided, you can say after if you’d like.” Rarity said with a soft smile.

“No, Rare’s, I’d definitely love to go on another, if this anything to go by, then, I’m already excited for the next, however many we go on.” Applejack confessed. They exchanged soft smiles as Rarity’s hand returned to Applejack’s own, both connected as their fingers mingled once more.

The two chatted idly until Lyra headed back to their table once again and asked for their orders. Applejack, went with her stomach, and ordered her desired meal. She skipped a starter and ordered the main, her T-Bone steak, medium rare, with the café’s signature au poivre peppercorn sauce, frites and greens. Rarity was tempted by something similar and instead opted for a similar meal, but chicken coated in a white-wine sauce. Drinks ordered too, Rarity, a mocktail of ‘Sex on the Beach’ and Applejack’s choice of a rum and coke.

As their glasses of their desired drinks arrived, the smooth jazz band began to strum and play their instruments. The entire atmosphere had changed in an instance, as the lighting had become slightly muted, to increase the candlelight across all the tables. Rarity lifted her glass and gestured it towards Applejack.

“Cheers my darling, to us, to our first date of many.”

“Cheers sugarcube, here’s to many more.” Applejack toasted and clinked her glass with Rarity’s both taking their sips simultaneously after the small toast.

“Sugarcube, can I tell you somethin’?” Applejack asked, her tone warm, but semi-serious.

“Of course, you can, you can always tell me. What seems to be on your mind dear?” Rarity asked, her hand still gently massaged against Applejack’s.

“I’ll be forward, I may have told Sunset about this, us, as an item. I told her to keep it a secret, and I’m sure she will.” She paused. “I was getting distracted in my last class and I couldn’t stop thinking about you, or us, or what the future holds for us sugarcube. I really hope that I didn’t overstep your comforts sweetheart, I just had to say it, I’m sorry.” Applejack confided, she had to get it off her chest. Rarity remained smiling. Her expression, soft and as lovely as usual. She squeezed Applejack’s hand comfortably.

“Darling, there’s no need to apologise, our friends are bound to find out eventually about this, us, as a couple. And if you felt in the moment, you had to tell Sunset, then, you had to. I don’t you want to be uncomfortable in this situation my dear, this is big, it’s momentous, what we’re doing, we’re going past friends into something much larger, and yes, it is scary… but we have each other, like we always have.” Rarity paused.

“I too, may have told a friend or two in our cherished group, regarding my feelings and romantic interests towards you darling. Some were on purpose, the other on accident. It happens my dear, but I want you to know that I’m not upset, and I hope you’re not either, we’re going to have bumps, but we’ll ride the storm together and I’m sure our friends will be just as supportive as ever.” She finished, she wanted to be as reassuring as possible.

“Yeah… you’re right sugarcube, sorry, if it seems like I’m on edge, I just want things to go right is all.” Applejack said softly.

“And they are, believe me darling, puhlease, do. Because you’re doing fantastic, now, leave that stress, let that weight off your shoulders, and we’ll have an even better night than we’re already having, hm?” Rarity cut to the point, brutal honesty and assurance was something she had learnt that helped with Applejack’s anxieties. Applejack breathed, sat up and regained her country flair smile, which turned into a curious grin.

“Alrighty then, I got a question, ‘bout you n’ me, mainly about you sugarcube, when did you start feelin’ all romantic like towards me, seein’ as we both know how we feel, I’m curious ‘bout when it started.” Rarity’s eyes widened at the question, it seemed that her brutal honesty methods had worked their wonders. Rarity collected herself and leant forwards.

“In truth, as I told Fluttershy, I’m not sure how long ago, I started developing my feelings towards you. I feel as if they’ve always been there, and I didn’t see, nor did I realise that men… well, some, weren’t my… well shall we say, cup of tea?” Rarity admitted. Sexuality and her own desires was a topic she had been comfortable discussing with her close friends, especially with the woman she was attracted to. “I felt that as we spent more and more time together, I felt, comfortable, relaxed, myself, even though I know I can be a rather melodramatic lady at times.” Rarity admitted. Applejack simply laughed gently, as she ate up every word Rarity had spoken. There was no denying, with the combination of classical romantic piano, and Rarity’s velvety voice, that Applejack just felt infatuated, obsessed even with every word she said, it brewed a storm of cheesy lovey-dovey smiles and butterflies in her chest.

“Oh, I’m aware missy.” Applejack commented, a tease, she had always been. Rarity laughed in agreement, nodding her head as she took a sip from her mocktail.

Rarity grew a coy smile. “Regarding the question at hand darling, before I find myself distracted by your beauty once more.” Rarity said boldly as she flirted with her date. Applejack smiled endearingly as a silent response, as she wanted Rarity to continue. “It was the day we spent together, where we decided to work together on the parade and fairgrounds… when we were Caramel Apple Girls.” Rarity immediately grew a blush, as did Applejack, as both seemingly had flashbacks to that fateful day.

“Aw, shucks Rare’s, that day was… well, uh, somethin’ else, I remember feelin’ like I had lost you. As my best friend.” Applejack said softly. Her expression still brimmed with infatuation however, women seemed to be feeling that wanting, that desire… love.

“I felt the same way… but I think I knew when my feelings for you had truly came to be. When I realised, I wanted… more. I had no idea how to approach this, hence why I waited so long to tell you. You flattered me, you brought me up from an incredibly low point, every word you said, the way you held onto my shoulders, feeling your skin on mine in that moment… was just magical.” Rarity sighed in utter content; her mind raced back to that moment. Where they stared into each other’s eyes, for the first time, longingly.

“You know what Rare’s, I think I’m the same, it was then. That moment you and I had, when I realised myself, that I fell for you Rare’s. You held onto my hands… and well, I just couldn’t stop but looking right into those pretty, blue eyes of yours.” Applejack returned the flirt, as her hand clutched lovingly onto Rarity’s, her thumb stroking across Rarity’s nimble knuckles.

“Oh Applejack…” Rarity cooed. Her eyes threatened to water, something about Applejack’s soft honesty, did something to Rarity. She however, resisted the whelming of her tears, and fought through. She sniffed as she lifted both their conjoined hands and placed a kiss upon Applejack’s hand.

As for Applejack, it was Rarity’s pure generosity, her kindness, her wilfulness to do anything for the ones she loved. Especially here in this moment. The soft little touches and kisses felt magical to Applejack. Never in a million years, did Applejack think, that she’d receive such attention and affection specifically from someone she had true, undeniable feelings for.

“Caramel Apple Girls for life?” Rarity asked after she pecked Applejack’s palm.

“Always, even more so now. Caramel Apple Girlfriends.” Applejack said with her honeyed voice, that made Rarity blush. Girlfriends, a couple, a relationship, early days of course, but, the idea, the thought of being Applejacks other half only made Rarity smile wider and wider.

“Are you asking me, here on our first date, well our first official one, that if you’d like to be girlfriends?” Rarity asked, as she desired clarification.

“If that’s too fast sugarcube, I’m sorry, I’m not really all too familiar with ya know, relationships n’ such… I just figured since we both like each other, this much, might as well make it official? Again, I’m sorry if-.” Rarity silenced Applejack as she leant over the table and whispered.

“Applejack, I’d love to be your girlfriend. More than anything. I think you’re right, though I think we can explore thins slowly, there’s no time in waiting for to coin our relationship as official. Because… look at us, we practically are already.” Rarity giggled, as did Applejack, as Rarity gestured towards the hand holding, the candlelit dinner. She was right, it already felt official, so why not make it so?

“Well then, that there settles it, darlin’.” Applejack winked, as she used Rarity’s signature pet name. Rarity feigned a gasp of shock, as once again, the couple erupted into laughter.

“Though of course, if we are now committing to this, I’m fully aware that I can be a bit of a handful.” Rarity said with a slight smirk. Fully aware she was being fully self-deprecating, in a comedic sense. Applejack quirked a brow and gave Rarity, a look she had never seen before. Her emerald eyes grew with a slight… lust? Rarity felt her heart skip a beat as Applejack painted a smirk on her lips.

“Oh, I know you are sugarcube, ‘specially with them hips o’ yours.” Applejack flirted, this time, with more assertive, her sweet country melodic voice had lowered its tone, into one of slight tease and seduction. Rarity’s eyes shot open as Applejack made her rather forward comment about her body. It was a compliment, to be sure, unexpected but highly appreciated. Rarity shook her head and then brushed hand through her hair and decided now would be an opportunity to play along with this game.

“My oh my darling, thank you for admiring my… curves, shall we say, it’s good to know, I can so easily gain your attention in a matter of moments.” Applejack flustered this time, both hopscotched around each other, teasing and engaging in the flirtatious moment. Rarity had eye’s half-lidded, and that smirk remain firmly planted on her lips. However, the wanted desire amongst the couple to continue such suggestive flirting had to be postponed as their meals had finally arrived. Rarity winked once as the waiter settled down her meal, Applejack painted a bemused and giddy smile across her lips. She rarely got the pleasure of being flirted with on this scale. Sure, her friends and some minor romantic attempts flirted, but not in this manner of class and ladylike seduction.

Their meals however looked utterly divine. Lyra had handed Applejack her complimentary steak knife for the slab of well-seasoned, and well-prepared meat. Griddled and accompanied by frites, and the side salad and pot of peppercorn sauce. Applejack salivated over the sight before, as Rarity ogled both meals in excitement. Her smelt utterly scrumptious, the scent of cooked off white wine sauce that mingled with cream, parsley, shallots, the cream itself, all mingling into what looked to be a gorgeous meal. Both women without hesitation began to dig into their delectable meals. They shared a look of true joy as both took their first bites. Hearts seemed to form in their irises as they dug in, the shared comfortable silence between the two solidified the fact that both their meals were delicious.

“You have to try some of this!” Both women exclaimed in unison, excitedly as they exchanged a delighted look towards one another. They fell silent, and once again chuckled together at their unison. The two carved off pieces for the other to try, and upon tasting each other’s dish, the same silent and muffled moan of enjoyment cooed out of the couple.

“I dunno what to tell you Rare’s, but can we make this a place we always visit, whenever we feel like splashin’ some cash?” Applejack asked as she delved into her frites, taking a few and dunking them into the creamed peppercorn sauce.

“I think, that is a splendid idea my darling. We can make it our special occasion place.” Rarity concurred as she nodded in agreement. The pair once again fell into a blissful silence as they slowly, but also eagerly, devoured their meals. Rarity, being the fashionista she was, consumed her meal elegantly, slowly, precisely. Whereas Applejack, never having before experienced such high ordained food, sawed into her T-bone, as she fell in love with every bite. Rarity was gladdened by the fact that Applejack was enjoying herself, even if her decanter was unconventional for Canterlot. It mattered not, Rarity adored this woman, the good and the bad, and the in-between, all of her.

The meal went down smoothly, both women finished with a content sigh, patted their now full bellies in satisfaction. Applejack, trying to maintain her appearance for Rarity, covered her mouth to relieve any air she may have trapped. Not to seem to crude or too unfashionable for such a place. Rarity caught wind of what she was doing. In truth, she felt the same way, but opted to wait, till there were outside. Their table cleared, and their bill received. Rarity ensured she snatched it, before Applejack had a chance to see the damage.

“Hey now, come Rare’s lemme see.” Applejack pleaded. Rarity simply shook her head, rummaged in her bag, and received her purse. Unclasped it and displayed her debit card.

“Nonsense darling, as you are my other half, and as I stated earlier, I’m treating you.” Rarity said as Lyra presented the card machine. Rarity had thought that Applejack was unable to see the screen of the card machine, however, being rather perceptive, she saw the bill total, plus the service charge. 65.32$. Applejack’s heart sunk a little, but it still brimmed with butterflies. “She’d spend that much on little old me?” Applejack asked herself, her smile never left. She truly was generosity incarnate.

The bill settled, Rarity began to stand up with her partner, she was offered a hand by Applejack, which she gladly accepted. “Thank you sugarcube, that was awfully kind of ya.” Applejack said softly, as she publicly placed the smallest of kisses on Rarity’s cheek. Rarity smiled and gently pushed her cheek into Applejack’s firm grateful lips.

“It is simply my pleasure darling.” Rarity cooed as she began to make her way with her partner to the windows doors. She adjusted her shirt as she walked and spoke. “It’s my way of thankin- NO!” She gasped as she placed her free hand to her chest. Applejack was stunned, as was many other tables in the restaurants to Rarity’s sudden outburst of distress. Then, Applejack had noted the problem. Outside the weather had turned horrendously foul. Rain pelted its way down from the ebony clouded night sky. It wasn’t just your usual downpour; this was a storm. Thunderous rumbles echoed their way through the café as lightning crackled off in the distance between skyscrapers. Rarity turned to Applejack with a saddened look. She pulled Applejack away from the crowds to a quietened corner by the door, as worry overtook her.

“Darling this is utterly tragic, what am I going to do!?” She asked as she pleadingly looked up at her girlfriend. Applejack laughed and rolled her eyes.

“Sugarcube, I don’t care if your hair is wetter than a dolphin jumping in the middle of the sea. You’ll still be beautiful as ever to me.” Applejack complimented, as she attempted to calm her ails.

Rarity shook her head. “Thank you for the compliment, but I’s not about my hair… it’s what I’m wearing.” She whispered.

“What your wearin’?” Applejack asked confused. Rarity groaned and rolled her eyes.

“I’m wearing white, and when it gets wet, it goes see-through, and everyone will see well… my intimates.” Rarity said in a clenched jaw, as she tried to keep her voice low, avoiding any possible prying ears. Applejack once again chuckled heartily.

“Alright Rare’s, I see you’re point… here, have this sugarcube.” She said as she slowly pulled off her infamous checkered red flannel shirt. This revealed her muscular and broadened arms. Tanned of course, with white and brown freckles that dotted her smooth and perfect skin. Rarity admittedly was staring, as she was passed the flannel shirt. Applejack stood there, also in a white tee.

“Darling… thank you, but what about yourself? You’ve also got white on. Everyone will see, well… you.” Rarity gently asked as she placed a warm hand upon Applejacks rather muscular and soft skin. Applejack waved a hand off at her with a playful: “Pfft.”

“I’ve worked in these conditions on the orchard before with nothin’ on ‘sides from a tanktop and muddied jeans. Rain ain’t gonna bother me sugarcube.” Applejack said confidentially as Rarity adorned Applejack’s flannel shirt. To Rarity, the thought of Applejack working in such conditions with minimal clothing was a… rather pleasant thought, one that sent a slight shiver down her back. Her entire top-half was covered by Applejacks shirt, it was oversized for Rarity and her petite form. However, it was incredibly warm from her girlfriend’s body-heat. It smelt of all thing’s apple related, gentle and calming.

Applejack extended her arm out and stood above Rarity and opened the doors to the rather blustery and wet outside. “Ladies first.” Applejack teased, as she knew fell too well that Rarity had always hated this weather. Rarity grimaced as the door swung open to the not so delightful weather. The rain had hit the tarmacked and paved floor so hard that it had started to generate a slight mist from the explosions of heavy rain droplets. Rarity squealed as she made a ladylike jog to her car. Applejack laughed harder this time as she watched her newfound love, make her way to the car. Within moments both women were soaked. Despite the horrid rain, thanks to Applejacks warned shirt, Rarity saved herself the embarrassment of revealing her extravagant intimates beneath her clothes. She rushed herself into the driver’s seat and started the ignition as she waited, patiently for her other half to enter.

Applejack, however, did not receive such a luxury. Within moments her white t-shirt had already clung itself to her well-toned and larger chest and bust. Her skin had already started to seep through in blots of tan colour as she reached the car door and sat inside. Her hat was well and truly soaked and became weighed down slightly atop of her still dry hair. She placed into the back seats. The windscreen wipers kicked into the highest setting, as both exchanged laughs of relief. Applejack’s brow dripped slightly, as Rarity’s hair lost its wavy curls. However, Rarity hadn’t set off yet. She instead turned to her newly found love and grew a look of curiosity as she gazed over towards Applejack. The Farmgirl had to hide her laughter as Rarity’s makeup, much like before, had dampened and started to ever streak down her pallid face so slightly.

“Applejack, my darling.” Rarity said softly as she coursed her hands over her girlfriends own. “Because of this… well, rather awful weather, I had an idea, just now, but I wanted to make sure you were okay with it first… why don’t we extend our date? Enjoy the evening as well? I was wondering, would you like to come over for the night?” Rarity suggested, her tone ever so slightly… shy? Which was unusual for the fashionista, she even grew an embarrassed blush. She thought to herself: “Why am I suddenly nervous? What’s so hard or worrisome about her coming round my house? She’s done it plenty of times before.” Then the realisation hit her, she wasn’t worried about the idea, it’s because their relationship had changed, Applejack wasn’t going to be staying the night as a friend… but as a lover. “I just don’t want to feel unformattable with the idea or the suggestion darling.”

“Why wouldn’t I be comfortable sugarcube?” Applejack curiously. “I’ve been ‘round your house many times.” She continued; her wet brow raised in slight confusion. “I think it sounds like a grand-tootin’ idea! We can spend the night together away from the muck of the rain, stay inside, maybe open a bottle or two, you can drink too!” Applejack exclaimed as she nudged Rarity’s arm playfully. Rarity brokered a small smile; it was a relief to hear that Applejack was comfortable. But she still wanted to explain.

“Well darling, that was when you and I were just friends… now we’re much more than that, I didn’t mean for it to come across as pressuring you into something well… like that. I just want to offer you an extended night, for us, by ourselves, no pesky little sisters, and no horrid weather.” Rarity said gently, her arm resting upon her girlfriends soddened shoulder. Applejack snickered slightly.

“Well, don’t you worry that pretty little mind of yours Rare’s, I know you wouldn’t pressure me into anything, I know that, so, to be clearer, I am sayin’ to you, right here and now, that I’d love to continue this date, back at yours.” Applejack sat sideways in her car seat, as she fully faced her newfound lover. “I promise you Rare’s. I know we’re takin’ this slowly, and I really do ‘ppreciate you askin’ me, but just know that I’d always tell you if I was or wasn’t, we’ll figure things out, as we’re a couple.” Applejack softly reassured her. Rarity did the same as her, and sat sideways, as she listened to every sweet southern word come out of her honeyed lips. Lips that she suddenly ached to kiss. And so, she did.

Rarity suddenly sat up from her seat, as she leant over gears and handbrake to softly, and gently kiss Applejack. Luckily, due to the condensation on the window, none were able to bare witness to their kiss. Applejack moaned in both surprise and delight into the kiss, as her lips replied with the same love language as Rarity’s. Soft little touches cascaded across each other, as their hands rummaged through their wet clothes as they eventually found resting places. Rarity pulled away; her eye’s half lidded as she gazed into the gentle glow of Applejack’s eyes.

“I-I’m sorry darling, I don’t know what came over me… you know just know the right things to say.” Rarity confessed, as the couple exchanged soft slightly shallowed breaths. Applejack smiled as her arms found their way around Rarity’s generous waist.

“You have nothin’ to be sorry for… Those kinda kisses, comin’ from you, are straight up apple-pickin’ amazin’.” Applejack said with a soft chuckle, which Rarity joined in on.

“Well, I guess I’ll have to keep on surprising you with long kisses then my dear.” She paused; her expression softened. “As much as I love the feeling of your hands across my waist, shall we make a move, and continue this utterly divine date… my love?” Rarity asked, as she tested the waters with a new pet name.

“S-sure thing, sugarcube.” Applejack grew a stunned but delighted look as she was given the pet-name from her other half. She slowly, and reluctantly let go of Rarity’s waist. The couple parted their small embrace as they slid into their cushioned seats, strapped themselves in, whilst Rarity started her ignition and windscreen wipers. Her lights beamed on as they drove through the twilight lit sky and horrid pelting rain.

-o0o-

The drive home to Rarity’s house was straight forward, easy, and somewhat of a relaxing drive, due to the rain that crashed down on the top of the roof. Even with their shared tastes in music, being blasted on max volume wasn’t enough to drown out the harsh rain that attacked the car. Rarity pulled up onto her driveway and parked neatly. The rain had only gotten harsher by the time they had arrived at, Rarity’s rather extravagant small manor. One bestowed to her by her parents a few years ago. It was a complete contrast to Applejack’s home back on the orchard. However, change and contrast was needed, especially now, as even though the two women professed their love for one another, there was some high contrasts between them. But what was that proverb that Dean Cadence always spoke? “Opposites do indeed attract.” She was most certainly correct, even with her own martial status, Twilights brother, Shining Armour, was most certainly a contrast to Cadences cool calm demeanour, but their tale is for another time.

Rarity sighed contently as she switched off her engine, relieved to be home, somewhere far comfortable from the cold and soaking atmosphere outside of her car. Somewhere she and her lover were able to relax for an evening, and perhaps, change into something warmer. She looked at her partner as she unclipped the seatbelt.

“Voila, mon amor, we have arrived.” Rarity said with her higher pitched tone as she gestured to her home. Applejack chuckled and rolled her eyes.

“Naw really? Couldn’t have guessed.” Applejack said in a sarcastic jesting tone, which was accompanied by a grin.

“Oh, har har, very funny darling, I just wanted to bring a little buzz to it.” Rarity said as she shook her head and went to open her door.

“I know Rare’s I’m only messin’ with ya, ‘sides, I can’t wait to take these off.” She gestured to her tall, long cowboy boots, which too had been slightly soaked by the rain. “And uh, of course, continue our date.” Applejack said softly as she leant over and placed a peck on Rarity’s neck. Goosebumps immediately sprouted across her ivory skin, as the placement of the kiss sent a strong shiver down her spine. She quipped round once again as she eyed her farmgirl lover and smirked at her.

“Neither can I, love.” Rarity said gingerly, in an almost purr. A tease for a tease. Applejack grinned, and proceeded to stick her tongue out at Rarity as they exited the vehicle. Both rushed to the door as the rain threatened to wet their clothes once again. For Rarity, she did Applejack’s trusty flannel, her hair was practically straight at this moment, a few curls left in, but the majority had succumbed to the downpour. Applejack however, had lost all care, the rain had done its job, her skin grew goosebumps as the clothes on her back dampened and became even more see through. Rarity fumbled with her keys, much to her dismay as she finally opened the door to her home. She reached in, flicked on the lights, and took a delighted breath as she stepped in away from the horrid weather outside. Applejack followed suite, not wanting to also be drenched, nor did she want to catch a cold.

Rarity’s home was akin to a warm hug, after coming in from such dreadful weather. The interior was lavishly designed, some may even too overboard in some places. Lilac walls highlighted by accents of white and cream. Gemstones of all varieties gathered in small corners, with glamourous but comfortable furnishings. Scrunched and bundled together rolls of fabric hid in corners, tucked away in carboard boxes beneath the stairs and into the garage. Rarity sighed as she reluctantly unbuttoned the rather wet flannel that her other half had so kindly donated. It needed to be cleaned, and dried, Rarity was not going to allow any piece of clothing to wrinkle and crease due to some horrid rainwater.

Applejack whistled in awe as she saw Rarity’s home, once again. “I gotta say Rare’s, I ain’t into the fancy homes n’ all, but yours, never fails to impress.” Applejack complimented as she scanned the entire living room. Rarity smiled towards her, lovingly.

“Oh darling, thank you, but you’ve seen it in far better states than this, it’s no Twilights home, that’s for sure.” Rarity said, flattered, but also tinted by slight jealously. Applejack silently agreed, Twilights home, was something to truly be mesmerised by. Her parents and her brother, and by extension, Twilight herself, were all incredibly wealthy, humble, but wealthy. Their home highlighted this fact, especially her ornate bedroom, decorated with stars, books and whatever scientific equipment she had.

“Still, it’s a mighty fine home, one that’s owned by a mighty-fine woman.” Applejack winked as she closed the door behind her. Rarity blushed and proceeded to come closer to her once again.

“Thank you darling.” She said softly at the compliment. “But look, you’re soaked, you can’t stay in these.” She pinched the bottom of Applejack’s shirt, even just a simple pinch was enough to ring out water. “You’ll catch a cold in wet clothes. As my guest, and girlfriend, allow me to find you something comfortable, or even make something.” Rarity said as she examined Applejack, the blush remained as she noted how her skin had become slightly visible beneath the wet shirt.

“Well… I wouldn’t say no, but I don’t want to overburden you, especially as this is your home sugarcube.” Applejack said softly, her hands now instinctively placed against Rarity’s waist, which, was also dampened.

“Nonsense my dear, I am sure I have something for you, I’ve made clothes for you and the girls, I’ll most certainly have something in your- AH!” She yelped as the incredibly loud crackle of thunder erupted in the clouds above Rarity’s home. She leapt onto Applejack, her arms around her muscular neck. Applejack held her close, their sodden chests pressed against one another.

“Woah there Rare’s just the storm, it ain’t gon’ hurt ya.” Applejack laughed softly. “Or are you just tryin’ to get me to hold you all night long?” She teased as Rarity burrowed her face into her tanned neck. Rarity breathed in deep and exhaled as the scent of her sweet lover filled her nostrils. Hints of apples and body heat. Simplistic, beautiful, relaxing.

Rarity mumbled something quietly into her neck. Applejack raised a brow. “Whatcha say sugarcube?”

Rarity pulled her head back and lowered her head, so that Applejack’s head rested upon her wet hair. “I said… that you feel so warm… yes I got spooked, but now I don’t want to let go.” Applejack breathed out softly upon hearing this. Her chest built with those butterflies once again, as she held Rarity’s waist.

“I’m sure we can cuddle up, but I think we best be getting’ out these soakin’ clothes, don’t ya think Rare’s? I do… wanna hold you, maybe when we’re not so… well soaked.” Applejack chuckled again, this time more lightly. Rarity nodded, as she felt Applejack’s chin rub against the strands of her now straight hair.

“You’re right darling, lets go to my room. I’ll find us something more relaxing and most certainly much warmer to get into.” Rarity said softly, as she pulled her head away, to gaze up slightly into her lovers’ eyes. There was no words exchanged for the next moment, as Applejack leant down, once again, and placed a warm kiss against Rarity’s lips. She nearly swooned into Applejack’s kiss as the two exchanged, soft, plentiful kisses, each one deeper than then previous. Their lips locked in a pattern of deep kisses, as heat had started to rise between the two. Rarity felt her chest tighten with… excitement? As Applejack’s hands slipped up her back, across her spine, upon her hips and even once, touched the top of her rear. She blushed furiously into the kiss, as her body betrayed her, and let out soft petite moans. Never, had she been kissed like this before. Her grip around Applejack’s night tightened, as her left arm hooked itself round, on top of the right, as if she clung onto Applejack for dear life as they kissed. Both women were lost in their moment of bliss.

Applejack held onto Rarity, as she too felt the sudden rush, the wanting, the love that built between the two of them. Applejack’s hand that hovered above Rarity’s rear slowly trailed down and gave it a firm, but gentle squeeze. This prompted Rarity to slowly brake away from the passionate kiss and place one hand upon her girlfriend’s chest.

“A-Applejack, darling… m-maybe, we should slow down, just a little bit… the kiss was utterly divine, but… let’s not get ahead of ourselves, just yet. I’m sorry if that hurts you…” Rarity paused. She didn’t want to rush things, where love turned into lust. She wanted that moment, to be truly intimate, not rushed. She glanced up at Applejack, still clung to her and pressed against tightly.

“I-I’m sorry Rare’s if I made you feel uncomfortable, I ain’t ever… well kissed someone like that before… it felt amazin’.” Applejack admitted, as she gently massaged Rarity’s back. “But you’re right… let’s not get ahead of ourselves sugarcube, no need to jump the gun.” Rarity smiled gratefully at Applejack.

“Thank you dear, and no need to apologise darling… I got lost in the moment too. That… was unlike anything, I have ever felt before. That felt… real.” Rarity cooed as she laid her head against Applejack’s chest.

“I think I know what you mean.” Applejack stated.

“You do?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah… we’ve both tried things before, but… this, us, kissin’, being flirty ‘n all, this right here, bein’ together… it’s real, real… love.” Applejack said softly, as she laid her head atop Rarity’s.

“I feel the same way, I really do. I know that we’ve only just begun this rather pleasant journey together, only as of today, but it feels as if it’s been longer than that, longer than we both realise. Jacqueline, you do so many amazing things for me and to me.” She said softly. Only she had permission to call her Jacqueline too. Rarity once again, pulled away, much to her own reluctance.

“And you do all those n’ more to me Rare’s, I really do mean it. You… you feel like you complete me. Like my other half ya know?” Applejack took both of her hands in her own. “I guess we really are caramel apple girls forever huh?” She said with the smallest of laughs, Rarity joined in and kissed her nose as the laughter died down.

“I guess we really are, love. Let’s get out of these clothes and continue this date, shall we?” Rarity asked, as she gestured to the highly decorated white staircase.

“Lead the way, beautiful.” Applejack said smoothly, as Rarity placed her free hand to her mouth. She eagerly led her up the stairs and towards the second floor and to her bedroom door.

TBC.

Author's Note:

Phew! Chapter 4 done and chapter 5 is on the way! Thank you all so much for the kind words, it means so much to me! Not long till chapter 5!