• Published 20th Mar 2023
  • 2,945 Views, 114 Comments

The Daily Life Of Anonymous - Zarah



A Month after being transported to Equestia, Anon tries to get used to his new life and new powers.

  • ...
14
 114
 2,945

A second Chance

Twilight and Starlight walked side by side down one of the various hallways in the palace to check on Anonymous. They were walking at half speed due to Starlight's injuries, but Twilight didn't mind as the two of them were out of any immediate danger. The alicorn took the extra time they had to chat.

Looking over at Starlight, the princess saw a troubled look on the mares face as her eyes lazily focused on the floor, her ears splayed back. "Are you ok? Is the leg still bothering you?" Twilight asked in a friendly and caring tone. The mare in question looked at Twilight for a few moments in acknowledgement before her eyes fell on the floor again.

The lilac mare sighed before speaking. "No, the leg isn't bothering me. I'm just worried Anon won't want to be my friend anymore." Starlight admitted, her gaze never leaving the floor as they walked.

Twilight gave her a reassuring smile while draping a wing over her withers. Starlight didn't notice the smile and flinched slightly at the sudden touch but that was the only reaction Twilight got out of her. "I wouldn't worry too much. It seems like you both have some apologising to do. And some questions to answer." Ending with an empathetic grin, her wing pattered Starlight on the back a few times before withdrawing it.

The pair made their way to Anon mainly in silence, broken by the occasional small talk or off handed comment. They eventually made their way to the ward. Opening the double doors as they entered.

Anon was sat on the edge of the hospital bed, his legs, now clothed again sat in a cross-legged position. His left hand was chained to the railing of the bed while his right hand was currently unceremoniously stuffing his face. During this a female earth pony with a light blue coat and a dark orange mane was finishing up the bandages around his waist as his shirt laid next to him, being directly under his mouth, the mare occasionally had to brush bits of food out of her mane.

Once finished, the mare grabbed the half full plate and left with a huff, Anon could only make a grab for the plate before it became out of reach ending with an "Oi!". The mare ignored him as she trotted out through a side door.

Anon turned his head to the rest of the room before the two sudden mares at his side makes him jump, which he accompanies with grunt as he holds his chest where the bandages were. "Can you stop doing that." He grumbles, trying to face the mares but being handcuffed to the bed makes it difficult.

"Good to see your awake, I was hoping you might be able to shed some light on recent events." Twilight greeted, glancing towards the mare next to her to see her eyes fixed on the floor still. Anon followed her eyes, seeing the distraught mare.

"Why the fuck you upset?" Anon blurted out, cocking his head to the side as he eyes Starlight. The mare in question recoiled at the sudden question and gave anon a confused stare. "Because I hurt you, and because you clearly stated you did not want to spar in the first place." Her eyes met the floor again, it became a routine at this point.

Anon rolled his eyes at the confession. "Oh come now, don't start with the self guilt. Your not the one with a history of-" "Your not the one who went overboard, I'm not gonna say why because reasons and I'm not mad or upset with you ok?" Anon finished with a deep breath.

Starlight finally looked up from the floor and nodded, before she could speak however her ears twitched as she heard heavy hoof steps behind her.

"I hope these reasons won't cause problems Anonymous. I would like to be filled in if that is the case." Celestia said entering the ward with a small smile.

Anon shrugged "As long as no one tries to fight or piss me off, I got no issues." Anon glanced at Starlight who was looking at the new visitor. Seeing her borderline depressed seeming to have ended, he couldn't help but smile slightly.

Celestia, seeming content with Anon's reply simply nodded before enveloping the handcuffs in magic for a few moments, until two clicks could be heard as they dropped onto the bed. Anon stretches his left arm, enjoying the unrestricted movement as he got to his feet.

"With a little assistance, I have managed to finish day court early. Why don't you two grab a quick snack from the dining hall while I talk to Anonymous. We will catch up with you shortly." Celestia says to the two mares before her eyes set on Anon.

Starlight and Twilight share a glance before slowly nodding. Celestia watches as they leave, closing the door behind them before her gaze sets on Anon once more. This time however, they were filled with power and confidence.

Anon couldn't help feel his body stiffen as their eyes locked. His body froze as his hands rested by his side. He started taking of note of the surroundings on instinct. Entrances, obstacles, weapons.

"I appreciate that you are entitled to your secrets Anonymous. However, if there is information about yourself that I need to be aware of. I recommend sharing now." Celestia stated, her words radiating authority.

Anon immediately relaxed, he turned his back to Celestia as he grabbed his worn dress shirt.

Celestia's eyes widened slightly as she saw his back. Various jagged scars were visible going from his shoulders down to beneath the bandages on his waist. Some were deep and some were shallow. Once Anon had slipped into the dress shirt, he turned around again as he did up the buttons. This snapped Celestia out of her mindless gaze, her eyes returning to his.

"I'm not gonna prat on about my life story, I'm not gonna share my memories and I'm not gonna ramble about my world. The only thing you need to know is, I'm not a good person. I've done things I'm not proud of, a life with no second chances and no easy wins. But now, I have a new life and a second chance. I don't plan on fucking this up and it will take me some time to get out of old habits. Just do what you need to do to protect your people." Anon finished as he deadpanned at the alicorn as if he had said it a hundred times.

Celestia took a deep breath as her usual warm smile returned. "Thank you for being honest, and I apologise. It is not something I like doing but-"

"-Is something I must do to ensure the safety of others."
"Is something you must do to ensure the safety of others."

They both finished simultaneously. Celestia looked at Anon with a shocked and confused expression.

"I've heard that sentence quite a few times." Anon gave a quick smile walking towards the door before stopping as he opened it.

"I have no idea where the hell I'm going." Anon stated with a chuckle

Celestia rolled her eyes slightly. "Follow me."

The Alicorn of the sun graciously walked down the hallway, the late afternoon sun bathing both Celestia and the following Anonymous in it's warm light, the latter lost in thought as he stared out through the arched windows.

While he had been here over a month, it seemed to just sink in right there and then.

"I truly have been given a brand new chance at a full life, a chance to become the person I wanted to be. I can't mess this up." Anon muttered to himself.

His hand reached behind his shoulder, scratching a persistent itch until he felt a familiar jagged dent in his skin. Trailing his fingers over it has he walked, he sighed in relief. "Never again."