• Published 20th Mar 2023
  • 2,946 Views, 114 Comments

The Daily Life Of Anonymous - Zarah



A Month after being transported to Equestia, Anon tries to get used to his new life and new powers.

  • ...
14
 114
 2,946

My Roommate From Tartarus

Anon was woken up many times that night. He would be awoken by a single loud noise, then nothing until he went back to sleep again. It was not a sound of something breaking or being misused, but rather as if a specific something dropped or moved a heavy object.

But enough was enough.

Creeeeeeak

Bang!

Anon threw the covers off, letting them fall partway onto the floor before standing up and marching his bedroom door and also throwing it open.

"What in the actual fuck is going on!?".

As soon as Anon finished that sentence however, his frustration died down almost immediately and war replaced with confusion. His brain trying to comprehend the scene in front of him within those first few seconds.

Before stood a light red coated mare, of average build. Her long pastel yellow mane was held up in a messy ponytail, which laid gently against the right side of her neck as it ended just above her foreleg knee. Her eyes were the similar yellow slits of the recent transfer demon. The room she was stood in was a lot cleaner than he left it. While not spotless, it was clear the mare was not done.

She began to speak which broke him out of his analysing stupor.

"urur uf urwee. Dif I wak uuo? She struggled to speak through one of the spell books she had in her mouth.

Without saying a word, Anon walked towards the mare with no expression. Once he got close enough, he took the book from her mouth and plopped it down on a nearby service. "Now, what in the actual hell did you try and say?"

The mare flexed her jaw, opening and closing it at weird angles to get rid of the oncoming cramp that began at the base of her jaw. After a few moments of this she spoke. "I said, 'You're up early. Did I wake you?'"

"Multiple times actually. I can see you have cleaned up the living room, for some reason. Not that I don't appreciate it. I must ask though. Why are you still here? I told you to go have fun and do whatever." Anon spoke, now leaning against one of the hallway walls.

"Where would I go master? I-

"Woah. Woah. None of that. I am not or will ever be 'your master'. You looked like you would eat me if I said something wrong when you first got here. The hell happened?" Anon asked, first with authority then curiosity.

"Oh, well we all summons do something similar to try and intimidate the summoner. We do this to weed out weakling that don't deserve our services. I must say, you are the first creature who was ready to attack when you saw me."

"How did you know that. I wasn't even holding the knife when you opened your eyes, I also thought I had a decent poker face." Anon responded.

"Agreed, to both. Like other of my kind, I can sense intent when close enough. This allows me to preform my duties efficiently-

My lord"

"No" Anon responded

"Owner?"

"Absolutely not."

"Boss?"

"Just stop." Anon exclaimed with a frustration.

"Mas-. Ugh, I have to address you by something of a dignified status. The summoner and summon cannot be equals, it is tradition. The mare stated, stamping her hoof in frustration

Anon barely let her finish before throwing his hand up in exasperation. "Fucking fine. Sir will do, I guess."

The mare looked like she was about to speak but Anon held up his index finger.

"If you are going to stay here.

One: No killing hurting or antagonising others unless in self-defence or my permission I guess.

Two: Stay within ponyville at all times unless accompanied by me.

Three: Do not tell anyone you are a demon or shapeshifter. You will identify as a pony in public so pick a name for yourself.

Be whatever you feel comfortable with when in this house. Pony, demon or human I don't care."

"Understood. But one question." The mare spoke with a slight shyness, which made Anon worried of what was coming next.

"Continue" The human said hesitantly.

"Can you pick a name for me? While this is not the tradition we spoke of before, it is quite common for us mímos."

Anon sighed as he gave up. He was too tired to argue anymore. "Fine. How does Azrael Flare sound?"

"It's perfect, does it mean anything?" Azrael asked with a small smile.

"Well Azrael is known as the angel of death in Islamic culture. Said to separate souls from their bodies. And Flare is because fire and hell, or Tartarus as you call it." Anon explained

"Well, this has been fun and all, but I'm going to sleep, again. I recommend you do the same. We can work out living conditions and crap tomorrow, or later today I guess."

"Ok." Azrael replied simply as Anon walked back to his room.

Opening the door, anon stepped inside his safe space and was about to close the door when a specific pony but not really, was standing in the doorway.

"Do you need something Azrael?" Anon saw her flash a quick smile with her name being used.

"No sir. I'm just waiting for you to move so I can go to bed." Azrael stated.

"Yeah no. Couch."

Azrael looked down the hallway to the couch then returned her gaze to Anon. "Ah, I see" Her ears drooping slightly as she took a few steps away.

Anon laid onto his bed before he felt guilt welling up. "Don't you fucking dare brain." Anon mumbled to himself. "I told a demon to sleep on the couch, not kick a puppy."

...

"Fucking fine" Anon said a bit louder than he intended. "Azrael, get your ass in here before I change my mind." Anon exclaimed, not moving from his spot on the bed.

Seconds after he finished, Azrael opened the door with a large smile.

"You sleep on the end, if I wake up with you next to me. I will throw you out the window."

"Understood" Is all she said before jumping on the bed and making herself about a one-eighth smaller to make room before curling up and laying down.

Anon let his head rest on the pillow before going over recent events. "How the hell do I explain this to Twilight?" Anon muttered to himself.

Azrael raised her head slightly to look at Anon. "I have been here less than a day, and you are already thinking about other mares." she teased. "It breaks my AHHH."

Before Azrael could finish, Anon kicked her, pushing her off the bed with a thud.

"Shut it or you sleep on the porch." Anon spoke, smiling slightly at the small groans coming from Azrael.

After a few moments, she jumped back up and curled into a ball again, this time closer to the wall.

Anon sighed as he stared at the ceiling. "I'm so fucked if anyone finds out."

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading!

Apologies for the late post. I try to keep it to a max of 1 week per chapter. This is the third time I have wrote this chapter. Surprisingly, adding a new character makes it harder. Who would have thunk?

Cheers to Emerald Flash for the chapter title. Appreciate it.

Also anyone who can figure out what mímos means, you get a scooby snack.