• Published 4th Mar 2023
  • 2,982 Views, 108 Comments

NSL/Anon-A-Miss: Our Past Is Not Today - cornholio4



During Anon-A-Miss, Sunset ended up befriending Lincoln Loud who ran away during the luck incident.

  • ...
11
 108
 2,982

Chapter 9

"Who does she think she is.... Stupid rainbow dyed hair loser......" fumed Lori in the human world still nursing her sore eye as the Loud family had to go back to their hotel room for the time being after the confrontation with the 5 teenagers at the Sweet Shoppe. Trying to get information from the girl Sunset's friends didn't quite work out.

"Well I am willing to bet that they are not likely to want to talk to us again. Our best bet to finding Lincoln again and you just had to threaten her like that. Sigh." Lucy pointed out scaring Lori as she was just behind her.

"Well excuse me; she springs on us that we might as well forget all about Lincoln and we are just supposed to accept that? Besides; she isn't the one having to deal with a spoon being stabbed in her eye!" Lori retorted with a grunt as her parents tried to get her to calm down.

"Thought we were getting somewhere but now it looks to be harder getting what we need; maybe there is something else that the girl who looked like her knows?" Luna suggested trying to think of something.

Leni however went to her phone and began looking at something; "I don't know if it helps but I thought that we could try and see more of the posts that Sunset posted for clues?" Leni brought up and they thought that it could help. They looked over her shoulder as her face fell; "Linky sure looks happy in these pictures...." Leni muttered as there were pictures of Sunset and Lincoln posing together around the city smiling and looking like they were having fun.

It made their faces fell with regret as they remembered the events that led up to this; when was the last time Lincoln had a happy day out with them? Something to fix when they reconcile. "Hold on.... What is that?" Luna asked pointing to a picture and Leni clicked on it.

Their eyes widened as it showed Lincoln and Sunset showing off matching blue hooded jumpers with flames decoration around the words on them. Sunset's said 'BEST BIG SISTER EVER' and Lincoln's said 'BEST LITTLE BROTHER EVER'.

"I can't believe this! The nerve of her!" Luan said outraged.

"I know! Blue is so not Lincoln's colour!" Leni said and facepalms at Leni's usual slow on the uptake.

"Not that I am disagreeing with you Leni but we mean that this girl is stealing Lincoln from her! We are Lincoln's sisters!" Lori told her shaking her head.

"I don't mean to make us feel worse but if you would adjust your eyes to the caption of this particular photo." Lisa stated and they looked and guilt reared it's ugly head again.

'His sisters didn't want the job so I took it myself.'

"We just need to make it up to him when we find him and show him that we are our regretful real sisters." Lori said optimistically as they thought that they would have to try again the next day.


Rarity had gotten home and was on her bed staring miserably at Sunset's phone that she had claimed after Sunset had just left it there outside the portal at the statue. Her leaving it here was evidence that Sunset had intended never to return after getting through the portal and wouldn't hear her out.

Plus now she and her friends will have to deal with Sunset's friend Lincoln's family for the time being and she bet that the others didn't have any better ideas to explain to them that their brother/son was probably forever lost to them than she did.

There was her door opening and Rarity looked away as there was Sweetie Belle there looking hesitant as Rarity just turned her head away from her direction as she was lying on her bed. "Rarity; you know that I am sorry right?" Sweetie Belle asked slowly and Rarity gave a deep sigh.

"I off course know but unfortunately there are times when sorry can't fix things and this is such occasion. I am sorry myself for my part in treating Sunset but I am unable to even tell her. She even left her phone at the portal so we can't even check if it would work between the worlds." Rarity said simply shaking her head.

"Sunset will be happy back home in Equestria right? With Twilight and Lincoln as her friends?" Sweetie Belle and Rarity gave a nod as this fact was a small comfort. That Sunset would have a better time in her home than she had been here.

"I bet she will do Sweetie. Hopefully she will get the family that we were unable to be for her here." Rarity sighed some more.

"I hope that Lincoln gets the same as well; from what I can tell Lincoln could relate to what Sunset was going through." Sweetie Belle replied ready to leave but Rarity confused got up slightly.

"What do you mean Sweetie Belle?" Rarity asked with curiosity getting the better of her.

"Before we decided to confess we looked at Sunset's MyStable profile and we saw the posts of Lincoln filling the void that was left.... There were captions saying that they were lost souls helping eachother out and it helped made us decide to come clean. Some captions also kind of implied that Lincoln was experiencing something similar back home...." Sweetie Belle explained and Rarity got her own phone to check out Sunset's profile to see for herself.

Rarity had guilt as she looked at the pictures but couldn't help but realise Sweetie Belle's point about the captions. Could looking up about this missing runaway boy help get clarification if it hit the news? Rarity remembered what the Louds said about their surname and where they were from. Searching Lincoln's full name with the name Royal Woods actually got a news article all the way from Royal Woods.

Rarity's eyes widened as she read praying that this was one of those parody news sites but no it all looked official. Now Rarity was regretting telling Rainbow Dash off as she was attacking that girl Lori with that spoon...