• Published 2nd Mar 2023
  • 1,394 Views, 160 Comments

You're not Twilight - Miner



A brony's dreams come true or did it?

  • ...
20
 160
 1,394

Pony feathers

“So what do we do?” Izzy asks the others while Sunny starts pacing the floor.

“I am not sure. Not many ponies even know what Princess Twilight looks like. But Aaron thought I looked just like her, as if he had met her before. It doesn’t make any sense.”

Pipp looks up from her hoof-phone, “Maybe he thinks you look like some mare called Twilight?”

Sunny shakes her head, “I don’t think so. Remember, I was in my alicorn form when we met yesterday afternoon. So, there is no way he could have mistaken me for somepony else. And then he also said Princess Twilight Sparkles. That means he knows that Twilight is an alicorn with a similar appearance to how I look right now.”

Zipp lands next to Sunny, stopping her pacing, “But even if you look like her, we all hear Twilight’s voice from the message she left behind. And no offense Sunny. You sound nothing like her.”

“Perhaps it was the mere presence of an alicorn that looked like the princess that was enough to fool him. For that moment at least,” Pipp chips in,

“But it still doesn’t make any sense. With everything that has happened so far.” Sunny resumes pacing, “The only logical conclusion points to him being familiar with Twilight. But that is impossible. Aside from the message she left behind, the only form of identification of Twilight Sparkles is her cutie mark. But Aaron recognizes her from appearance alone.”

“Hold on a second. Wouldn’t that implead that he had met her before?” Pipp adds, “But would that make him thousands of years old?”

“Well, if he is a thousand years old. Then he aged well.” Zipp adds, with her sister agreeing with her.

“I don’t think that he is that old,” Izzy says, moving to the other side of the room.

“Why do you say that, Izzy?”

“Well, from what I found inside his bag.” She holds up said bag,

“Izzy!” The mares said in unison,

“He has a detailed map of Equestria and survival gear, but they look like stuff you can get in the market.” She pulls out each said item handing them to everypony.

“So, his knowledge is old, but his stuff is new.” Zipp says out loud, before she grabs her head, “My brain hurts,”

“But couldn’t he be a historian like you, Sunny?” Pipp says, looking up from the map,

“That could be a possibility. But if that is true, it would mean he has access to LOST KNOWLEDGE!” Sunny jumps in the air before running into her side of the room, rummaging through her stuff.

“Sunny?”

“Imagine what could be floating around in his head! This could give us insight into what happened to our ancestors and who knows what else!” Once she found her notebook and quill. She rushes to the door but is halted by Izzy blocking the way. “Izzy, get out of my way,”

“Listen, Sunny, you know we are good friends, right?” She nods, “And that I won’t intentionally try to wrong you,” She agrees, “But I, as a friend, have to stop you right here,”

“Why?”

“Because you are forgetting one important factor in this.”

“And that would be?”

“He came here to meet Princess Twilight Sparkle. Not Sunny Starscout,” She points to the lack of the horn and wings on Sunny’s being. In Sunny’s excitement, she has forgotten that her horn and wings have already disappeared for the day.

Sunny drops everything in her hooves, realizing that for once Izzy is right, “Oh, that is a problem,”


Ten minutes earlier, outside of the Crystal Brighthouse,

Hitch is a little unnerved leaving Aaron with his friends, but he trusts that Sprout has a good reason to call him away to talk in private. Also, he has a feeling that Aaron will learn to behave himself with Izzy testing his sanity, “Ok, Sprout, what do you need to tell me?”

Sprouts take a breath, calming down, “Okay, so you remember that stallion you asked me to look into?”

“Yes, I was about to ask about that, but I thought that you would still be busy looking into his background.” Hitch tilts his head confused. After all, Sprout only started the search two hours ago.

“Well, I was, but that’s the thing. I finished the search an hour ago.”

Hitch’s eyes widen in surprise, “That was fast. Good work. So, what did you find?”

“Well, that’s the thing. I found nothing,” A short silence passes between them as Hitch waits for more information. When none was passed, Hitch tries to clarify what he had heard,

“So nothing, as in you were searching in the wrong spot or-“

“I mean nothing, as in he doesn’t exist.” Sprout pulls papers out of his saddle bag, trying to find the right one while making a mess as papers fly everywhere, “I searched the entire database of an adult red earth pony stallion with a brown mane with no cutie mark. And got nothing. No stallion in Maretime bay fits his description.” Hitch stands there unamused as a piece of paper lands on his forehead, Sprout finds the paper, “The only one that came close enough is Mr. Apple, but he is married and of retirement age.”

Hitch blows the paper away and has a look at the report, “Well, go back to the station and look up a stallion named Aaron Lopez. That’s the name he gave me.”

“And if nothing shows up?”

“Then Mr. Lopez has some explaining to do downtown.” Hitch was about to enter the building when a thought occurred to him, “Hold on, you finish an hour ago, and it’s a fifteen-minute jog from the station to here.” Hitch stares intently at his deputy, “Just what were you doing for forty-five minutes at my desk?”

Sprout got nervous, not wanting to answer the sheriff’s question, “Ahhhh,”


Present time,

“Is everything all right?” Aaron calls from the door,

“Yes, everything is all right,” Izzy answers as Sunny struggles to get her alicorn form back, “You never had a problem before transforming, Sunny; what is wrong?”

“Normally, when I transform, there is a problem that I need to solve where my powers are needed. But I never willing tried to transform before.” She squints her eyes tight, trying to transform, “It’s not like I have a button or hoof-phone that transforms me automatically. It’s harder than it looks,”

“Can’t we just tell him to come back later?”

“But what if he leaves town in search of Twilight? We may never see him again,”

They all think about this when Zipp has an idea, “Hay Pipp, why don’t you distract him for a while?”

Pipp puts a hoof to her chest, surprised by the sudden center of attention, “Me? Why me?”

“Sunny is going to be at this for a while, and you’re the more social pony than the rest of us.” Zipp says, pushing her uncooperative sister out of the room, “SO, take him on a date, show him around town, or give him a mane cut. Something, anything, just get him out of here.”

Before Pipp knew what had happened, she was outside the room with Aaron waiting calmingly. Not wanting this to be more awkward, Pipp composed herself, “Hi, Aaron.”

“Hi there. Is everything all right?”

Pipp didn’t think this far ahead, but the girls were counting on her. Pipp looks around, trying to come up with a reasonable answer, “Yes, but uhm. You see… Uhm… Twilight. I mean, her highness is not ready to see you yet.”

“Really. Why?” Aaron is confused, he knows that girls can take a long time to get ready, but he was hoping that this is not the case, “Is everything all right?” Wait, didn’t he say that already?

“No,” Pipp suddenly says before her sights land on Aaron’s appearance, “I mean, Look at you,”

Giving himself a quick look over. Aaron doesn’t see anything out of place. So, what could this mare be talking about, “Is there something wrong with my appearance?”

“Yes, I mean, look at your mane, your coat,” Pipp does a quick sniff check before covering her nose, “Mother’s Bottom! Aaron, when was the last time you had a bath?!”

Aaron looks away, not wanting to answer that question, “Ahhh…”

“Too long! Back!” She commands him to start walking backward, to which Aaron cowardly obeys, not taking his eyes off her, “Back! Back you Fiend! Back!” Aaron returns downstairs in reverse until his rump hits a door, “Get in there!” She yells at him as he struggles to open the door before getting inside, slamming the door on his way in, “And don’t come out until your CLEAN!” Pipp stomps her front hooves and ruffles her feathers before heading back upstairs, not noticing that Hitch is opening the main door, “The nerve of someponies,”

“Ah, Pipp?”

Pipp shouts with pure rage at her friend, “WHAT!”

Hitch wanted to tell his friend about Aaron. He had a duty to do, and he had to tell her to be a responsible friend. But at that moment, Hitch’s self-preservation instincts kicked in, “Nothing,” Hitch squeaks meekly, quickly closing the door on his way out.

“NO! Hitch! Wait!” Hitch was long gone, “Oh, pony feathers,” Pipp grunts, “Maybe this is why Zipp says I can’t get a stallion?” she mumbles to herself, returning to the girls.