• Published 2nd Mar 2023
  • 1,394 Views, 160 Comments

You're not Twilight - Miner



A brony's dreams come true or did it?

  • ...
20
 160
 1,394

Magic Fire

Three days later,

Sunny and her friends are stopping by the daycare to check up on Aaron and Misty. Hitch got caught up at the station and was unable to make it. Somepony broke into the station last night and is looking for any leads on who and what they were after. So far, no luck; whoever it was, they are either professionals or realize where they just broke into. It is hard to tell.

But that is nothing to what the girls must deal with when they enter the building. Each girl has their hooves covering their mouth, trying not to laugh at Aaron. Aaron stares at them deadpanned after their morning greeting and reluctantly spoke again, "Don't laugh," He spoke in a high squeaky voice that made them all lose it and laugh their hearts out, including some foals that were nearby, "Is a pony in a clown outfit really that funny?"

Zipp waves a hoof above herself, falling, dropping to the floor, laughing, "No, dude! It's your voice, Aaron! What happened? Ha-haha hahaha. I can't breathe,"

He rolls his eyes as every pony starts to calm down, "I was helping them make balloons for the children and was tying a knot on one of them with my mouth when I ripe the balloon and inhaled all the helium that was inside,"

"You got to admit, Aaron, that was comedy gold."

"What's going on? Oh, hay girls," Misty says, just noticing their guests before Pipp rushes over to see her,

"Misty, what are you wearing?" Pipp looks her over as Misty stands perfectly still,

"For the record, I like to state that I had no control over what outfit I was forced to wear. For that reason, I'd like to clarify I am not intentionally insulting any ponies that happen to be offended by the way I'm dressed,"

Pipp Quickly moves to get a selfie with Misty before stopping in front of her, "I wasn't going even to say that. I'm saying that pink does not go well with your color or your mane. Perhaps if it was a Dusty rose, Peach, Lavender, Lilac, Navy blue, or a Midnight blue."

"I get the picture,"

"So you two are stuck here for two months?"

"Three months," Aaron corrects her,

"For three months. But all things considered, it could have been worst," Aaron shrugs at her before Sparky came out of nowhere and starts pulling on Misty's dress get her attention.

She stands perfectly still as Izzy grabs the little guy and takes him the play area. It was only then that Misty left out her breath much to Aaron confusion.

"Oh this is Sparky daycare?" Sunny adds, "If I know that Sparky was attending this Daycare. I would have warned you two about him,"

"A little late for that," Aaron deadpans as his voice returns to normal,

"Sorry," Sunny's ears go down, looking apologetic,

"Don't be sorry," Misty adds, "Hitch should have warned us that Sparky was here when he dropped us off here,"

Aaron gives Misty a questionable look, "Why would he know about Sparky?"

"Oh, because Sparky is his baby dragon," Zipp says, getting up, finally having her fill of laughter, as Izzy rejoins the group.

This made Aaron puzzled for a moment before looking at anypony to elaborate. When no pony did, he turned to Zipp, "I am going to need more context on that statement. But I am going to assume that you mean his adopted baby dragon,"

"Yes, that's what I meant. What did you think I meant?"

"Nothing," Aaron quickly says, looking away,

"Anyways, Aaron," Sunny speaks up, "We were wondering if you were still going to Canterlot after this is all over?"

"Yes, I am still planning on going to Canterlot. But it's a little hard to do that when I am," Aaron clears his throat before saying in a proud and loud voice, "The Great and Power Jeeeeester!" He throws up his forehooves above his head as balloons fly up behind him from fillies that lost hold of their balloons, hitting the ceiling out of their reach. Everypony stares at him, confused, as the fillies start to cry,

"Why did you say it like that?" Zipp asks as Aaron grabs the balloons and gives them back to the fillies,

"You wouldn't understand,"

Sunny composes herself, "Well, in that case, why don't we make plans to go there on your off time and be ready to go once your sentence is over,"

"That seems fine to me. Now if you excuse me, I have some foals to impress with balloons,"

"Later, guys," Misty and Aaron return to their job as the girls leave the building. They didn't get far away before Izzy got Sunny's attention,

"Uh, Sunny,"

"Yes, Izzy?"

"You are going to have to tell him,"

"Tell him what?"

"You have to tell Aaron that you aren't Princess Sparkles,"

"Right," Pipp adds, "I mean, even if we head to Canterlot and find the memory spell. We all know that it is not going to work,"

"I know everypony. At first, it sounded like a good idea. But now that I got a chance to be with him and learn just how important Princess Twilight Sparkles is to him. I am afraid that the truth would devastate him, and he won't want to be my friend anymore,"

"But Sunny, he isn't your friend," Zipp flies in front of Sunny, "He's friends with Princess Twilight Sparkle. Not Sunny StarScout. Even if you tell him the truth, You didn't lose anything because he wasn't your friend in the first place,"

"Your right,"

"So when are you going to tell him?"

"Soon," Sunny says, not seeing a shadowy figure leaving the scene nearby,

Meanwhile,

"Hi, Sparky, what are you doin-" Sparky sneezes in front of him, making a cloud of magic mist before dropping candies, much to everypony's delight. As the foals move quickly to eat the free snacks, Aaron is stunned at what just happened, "Magic fire. Ok. No Biggy. Spike fire sent scrolls to and from Canterlot in seconds," Aaron picks up Sparky, unconsciously moving him up and down, "Yours seem to transform things similar to transmutation magic," Aaron quickly moves Sparky above his head as another breath of fire came from the baby dragon.

The flames engulf his wig before turning into a duck. The duck quacks before looking down at Aaron as he looks up in shock before more flames turn it into an eagle. The eagle cries before flying away as Aaron slowly puts Sparky down and backs away very carefully, "Or you have access to chaos magic, and I should run for my life. If you happen to have the hiccups," Aaron pauses mid-turn when a thought occurs to him, "Hold on a second," He turns back to Sparky as he watches a small ant trail marching across the side of the playground, "How do you have chaos magic? The only creature to have that is Discord," However, any other train of thought that Aaron could have was cut off when another breath of magic fire made giant ants, "Fudge,"


In a secluded location of Maretime Bay,

Shadow Cloak places a stone on a table as an image of Queen Opaline appears above it, "Report,"

"Misty is on patrol at the Maretime daycare for three months for theft,"

Queen Opaline puts a hoof to her head, "I thought I taught her better than that. To think that she would get caught. Anything else to report?"

"It would appear that the pony named Sunny is disguising as Princess Twilight Sparkles,"

Queen Opaline's eyes twitch at this news, "What?!" She bellows, shaking the table, but Shadow Cloak remains unfazed,

"It is unclear why she did this, but it has something to do with a stallion named Aaron. Who is with Misty serving the same sentence,"

The Queen looks to the side in thought, "Misty did mention that she saw Sunny's friends with a stallion she had never seen before. Now what could be so special about this stallion that Sunny would pretend to be Twilight Sparkle? Unless,"

"Unless he knows things that he would only talk to Twilight Sparkle about," Shadow Cloak finishes, "But that is what also confuses me."

"Go on,"

"Even if this stallion believes that she is Twilight Sparkles. Her height is all wrong. The princess was as tall as Celestia towards the end of her reign. But this Aaron recognizes her before that happened,"

"The more I hear about this stallion. The more I am intrigued. The only logical conclusion is that he is a pony from the past that got sent to the future. Shadow Cloak-" Before she could finish, and high pitch sound came from within Shadow Cloak's cloak.

*ping*

Shadow Cloak pulls out a hoof phone with the display showing that time is up. Queen Opaline grinds her teeth in anger with a menacing look, "Drat!"

"I am sorry, your highness, but your time is up, and our contract is complete. If you wish for more of my services, you are going to need to pay the toll," He says, not breaking his professionalism.

"NO! You greedy stallion! Now that I know that Twilight Sparkle isn't a real threat. I have no need for your services anymore!"

"Very well then, your Highness, I will take my leave." He moves to cut off the connection before he stops, "Also, I should mention that Sunny and her friends have found where Canterlot is located and are going to wait for Aaron and Misty to finish their probation before heading out. And I have a copy of the map they will use to get there. It would be a shame if somepony else got involved and was going to get to Canterlot before they did. It might drive some ponies to become desperate. So desperate that they might even break a few rules and ruin their perfect image. But then again, what do I know? Have a good day," He says casually as he moves to turn off the magic stone.

"Wait!" Queen Opaline says, stopping him. She grits her teeth they're thinking about all the bits she's going to lose on this, "The same price, right?" Shadow Cloak smiles.