• Published 18th Jan 2023
  • 4,405 Views, 129 Comments

Student Six Watch Elder Scrolls Lore - Rated Ponystar



After learning about the Fallout Series, the Student Six are taken to a different dimention to learn about The Elder Scrolls series

  • ...
12
 129
 4,405

Daedric Princes of Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion Part 2

Chapter 2

Daedric Princes of Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion Part 2


"AND WE'RE BACK! BETCHA YOU WERE EXPECTING A REGENERATION UPDATE! RIGHT?! WELL, RATED DECIDED TO FINISH PART 2 OF THIS AND WORK ON REGENERATION! SO YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT AND INSTEAD GET BACK TO WATCHING THIS! SO START READING, OR ELSE I'LL REPLACE YOUR EYES WITH YOUR REAR CHEEKS! AND THEN YOU'LL BE SEEING OUT OF YER ARSE! HAHA!"

"Am I the only one confused by what he was talking about?" Sandbar asked with his eyebrow raised.

"I think for the better of our sanity, we should just move on and forget what happened," Ocellus answered, to which everyone nodded, including Gallus the Rooster, as they refocused on the screen. It showed another statue, this time of a large muscled beast-like humanoid, shirtless and exposed to the elements while holding a long two-handed sword. This was the Daedric Prince who spurned and ostracized all worshiped, for he is even a heretic among his own fellow Princes.

Malacath

Disliked by her peers and filled with rage and scourge, Malacath's story from an ancestral spirit known as Trinimac is well-known and sorrowful. Once a proud spirit of the Elves, he was eaten by the Daedric Prince Boethiah after losing to them in a deadly duel. However, Boethiah had not just killed and eaten the spirit but further humiliated his remains by excreting them.

"Ew! That's just wrong!" Silverstream stuck her tongue out in disgust.

"Well, that kinda is how predators sort of deal with their victims," Smolder did point out even if she looked a bit green at the thought. She had never personally eaten another creature before, but she knew some dragons who had either for defense or for a good meal. I'll stick to jewels for the rest of my life.

"Yona never wants to be digested and made into feces," Yona gurgled.

"I think everycreature agrees on that, Yona," Sandbar said with a nod while looking greener than usual.

However, from the remains of Trinimac was born Malacath, and from him came the birth of the Orc race, who soon appeared in all their mighty green glory. Wearing shiny and well-crafted metal, the Orcs stood firm and growling as if preparing for a fight. Because they see him as their creator and father, the Orcs worship Malacath as a good Daedric Prince even if others do not save for his views of honor and duty.

"I kinda feel bad for him," Ocellus whispered before a thought came to her. "If he really is the patron of all those who live as outcasts among society, and he's even looked at with disgust by his fellow Princes, what does that say about the entire Orc race overall?"

"Probably just as feared or disliked," Smolder pointed out. "But I'm sure we'll be learning about them and all the other races of Tamriel soon."

Another statue of a Daedric Prince appeared, but it would be more accurate to call it a demonic carving on a mountain hold. If one was to picture the appearance of a demon, this would be the type to use. It held four hands, one of which had an ax, and rested on the design of a throne, looking down with hatred and contempt as if the world itself was something the Prince wished to destroy.

Mehrunes Dagon

No Daedric Prince was hated, feared, and seen as the enemy of mortals, than Mehrunes Dagon. The Prince of destruction, change, revolution, energy, and especially ambition, he has attempted to take over the world many times in the past due to believing that Tamriel is a plane of Oblivion that is his to rule by right and make it a part of his own plane of Oblivion known as the Deadlands. The Deadlands was a world of hellfire, black deserts, and seas of lava where only death lingered for any who entered and fell to Dagon's minions.

"That's the demonic-looking guy we saw earlier!" Silverstream shouted as his complete form appeared before a single well-armed, and armored human. Gallus was even buck-awing at the figure in both fear and disgust. The hellish and nightmare-like world around him was his to control as he laughed and lightning crackled in the sky. "No doubt about it. He's one of the evil Daedra!"

"He's like Tirek, only worse," Sandbar whispered with a shiver, wondering if the Elements of Harmony could beat him.

His most infamous achievement was the Oblivion Crisis, in which a cult of his followers known as the Mythic Dawn sought to bring Mehrunes Dagon personally into Tamriel and rule it by merging the world with the Deadlands. Thankfully, much to the relief of everyone, the cult and the Prince of Destruction were stopped by someone called The Hero of Kvatch, who added another loss to Dagon's list of failures, with a bit of help from Akatosh himself.

"Well, good thing this hero stopped him," Ocellus sighed in relief. "Whoever he or she is, they must have been pretty powerful to stop him."

"And he had one of the good gods help him! Hero of Kvatch kick red demon prince's butt!" Yona proclaimed with joy. "Yak would like to have been there to smash the red prince!"

There were two objects that Dagon had left in Mundus that he is known for, with one of them not being a weapon but a book, as shown on the screen. The book itself, Mysterium Xarxes, was the book that overall started the Oblivion Crisis. Gallus flapped his wings and rushed to Ocellus's notes before ripping them apart. Much to every creature's horror, including Ocellus, she had been writing was displayed on the screen.

"Uhhh, sorry?" Ocellus apologized while blushing so red her head was turning into a tomato. The others just stared at her before she coughed into her hoof. "Uh, I'll be more careful when looking at my writing."

The second artifact was still dangerous as it was a deadly dagger known as Mehrunes' Razor, capable of killing any creature with even the slightest scratch and burning through any armor via disintegration.

"Well, considering he is the Prince of Destruction, I guess that's not a surprise," Smolder pointed out as the next Daedric Prince was met. One who was known as the Webspinner.

Mephala

Unlike other Daedric Princes, Mephala 's sphere was hidden from mortals as part of her sinister nature and she was often seen in many forms depending on the plot she requires to ensnare her victims. The spider themes of this Daedric Prince made closer sense upon learning that she saw mortals and their world as one giant web for her to pull, tug, and spin for her own amusement. Lies, deception, and manipulation were Mephala's means of working in Tamriel, and many lives had been ruined by her acts.

Despite the mystery of Mephala herself, her weapon, The Ebony Blade, was well known as one of the darkest and most sinister of the Daedric artifacts. Every time the blade hits an opponent, it drains the life force of that enemy and makes it stronger. Mephala even encourages the edge to taste the blood of allies and friends for even more power; those lost to her words will do so without hesitation.

"That's...horrible..." Sandbar whispered in disgust. "She's like the antithesis of half of the Elements of Harmony! Hay, she's the opposite of Friendship!"

"Let's hope she and Princess Twilight never meet, or else it's going to be a bloodbath," Smolder said while somewhat hoping to see such an awesome fight. Provided Princess Twilight wins, of course.

It was also believed that Mephala had connections to an organization known as The Dark Brotherhood, which made everyone's blood go cold upon hearing that name, but thankfully they would learn about it later.

Instead, they faded from darkness into light as a statue of a celestial being with wings holding a shiny beacon of bright white energy radiating on the screen. Compared to the other Daedric Princes, who were all dark or mysterious looking, it was a surprise to find one that was the opposite of the nether-like forms and appeared as a living angel.

Meridia

The Prince of Life and Lady of Infinite Energies. Zealot hater of the undead. A mysterious Prince that very few know about save for she associates herself with all those who have life energy inside of them. Her hatred of the undead is so great that she rewards all who kill them in her name with great power and blessing.

"So, she's a good one, right? I mean, the undead is kind of a scary and evil-sounding thing," Silverstream pointed out.

"Y-Yeah," Ocellus whimpered while transforming into a puppy. "Z-Z-Zombies are scary, and I'm all for wiping them out."

"Wonder if she would hate Ghouls from the Wasteland too, although they aren't technically undead," Sandbar wondered.

Surprisingly, one of her artifacts, the Ring of Khajiiti, was used by a well-known thief rather than some holy paladin that hunted the undead. A Khajiit roped in a black thief's outfit smirked on the screen. This bandit used the ring's powers of invisibility to become the greatest bandit in Elsweyr, something the Khajiit see as a great honor and hero-worships him to this day.

"Wait, they...praise thievery?" Sandbar asked.

"Okay, that's weird," Yona claimed with disgust. "Stealing is dishonorable and should be shamed. Right Rooster Gallus?"

"Coo-coo."

"See! He agrees with me!"

The more well-known artifact that fitted more with the description of Meridia was the sword known as Dawnbreaker. With each touch of the undead, the blade unleashes a powerful burst of energy that burns additional corpses making it one of the most potent weapons against necromancers. Everyone's eyes widened upon seeing the blade shining like the sun itself as it cut down undead after undead.

"I want that," Ocellus whispered in awe as she transformed back, with the others all nodding in agreement.

Of course, things went wrong. Suddenly everyone shouted in horror and disgust upon hearing the nickname of the next prince and seeing his statue.

"THE KING OF WHAT?!" Smolder shouted in fury.

"You cannot tell me that there is a damn God of such a thing in this world!" Ocellus shouted in despair.

"Oh, sweet ancestors," Yona sobbed in terror.

Molag Bal

The King of Rape.

The Harvester of Souls.

Molag Bal is among the worst Daedric Princes up there with Mehrunes Dagon; both are seen as the most evil of the Daedric Princes with the most sinister followers. While Dagon represents destruction and anarchy, Molag Bal represents domination and enslavement of all mortals. Two opposite ends of extreme evils represent chaos and order's worst aspects. Molag Bal also had tried to take over Tamriel before to claim their souls for his own, using strife and conquest.

"Oh dear Harmony," Sandbar muttered, covering his eyes. "It's Caesar's Legion all over again."

"If there was a Daedric Prince who best represents that flank hole, it's him," Silverstream growled. "But why is he called-"

The tale was soon told about why Molag Bal was called such a horrible name and why he took pride in it. The group listened in horror at how the monstrous being raped an innocent virgin girl so bad she died but came back to life as an undead abomination known as a vampire. Such a curse spread as vampires became a plight in the world and so Molag Bal was called the Father of Vampires, much like Hircine was called the Father of Werewolves.

"...he raped vampires into existence?" Smolder whispered as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I just...no...I can't...I don't even want to think about this anymore!"

"I'd rather be a werewolf than a vampire," Silverstream whimpered before shaking her head as tears dripped from her eyes. "Buck it, I'd rather be dead."

"Yona wants to smash Molag Bal," Yona growled with venom that spoke of pain. "Hard."

Molag Bal's realm of Oblivion is known as Cold Harbor. It is an exact copy of Nirn but desolate, cold, and ruinous. A combination of cold, freezing air, a sky on fire, and feces covering the walls of its wasteland make it one of the most sinister realms of existence. Equally ominous is the Mace of Molag Bal, also known as The Vampire's Mace, for it drains the magical energies of all hit by it and weakens them with such great pain. Pain that pleases Molag Bal, who takes pleasure in dominating his champion's enemies.

"This bastard is sick," Sandbar growled in disgust.

Much like Dagon, Molag Bal attempted to bring his realm of Cold Harbor to Mundus in the Second Era. Thankfully, he was stopped and even defeated by the champions of various alliances, ending his reign. Sadly, Molag Bal cannot be destroyed, nor can any of the Daedric Princes, and so he continues to cause havoc.

"I know we have at least a few more Princes to go, but I really want to stop after this for a breather," Ocellus said, rubbing her forehead with her hoof. "It was bad enough learning about the Legion, but learning there is a God that fits them all perfectly and maybe even worse is getting too much for me."

"FINE! WE ONLY GOT FOUR MORE, AND WE'RE DONE! SHOULD HAVE KNOWN YA WOULDN'T HAVE THE STOMACH TO DEAL WITH BOLLY! THEN AGAIN, A NICE STOMACH VIRUS IS A LOT BETTER THAN HIM! HAHA!"

"I agree with the mad god," Smolder said before pointing to Gallus. "Also, can you-"

BANG!

Silverstream yelped as Gallus returned to his standard form and landed on top of his friend. Their position was compromising as the two stared at each other, face to face, and blushed. The others snickered before Gallus finally had his brain working again and got off. "Uh, s-s-sorry!"

"I... It's okay," Silverstream replied as the two inched away and turned their heads to avoid each other's gaze.

Thankfully they were soon refocusing their mind on the next Daedric Prince, whose sphere was the Ancient Darkness and Decay.

Namira

Namira was interesting as she was the Daedric Prince of disgusting creatures of all things. Spiders, slugs, insects, worms, and more were creatures in her sphere and protection, much to the confusion of the others as it made no sense to have such a god-like being associated with such things. Even stranger was that she was said to be the one who gifted things like a disease and the power of begging and disregard.

"Okay, disease I get, but the other two? How is begging and being disregarded part of a god's superpowers?" Gallus asked.

"Yeah, but she also sounds like the Daedric Prince of disgusting stuff," Sandbar pointed out. "But I wonder how disgusting."

That answer came from one of her artifacts, the Ring of Namira. Which gave powers to those who eat from dead corpses while holding the ring in their possession. This made the others just turn pale in the face at such a concept. Eating a corpse? That was unheard up, unthinkable, and downright vile in their world's words and tongues. And it was clear that they didn't mean animals but living sentient beings. Images of funeral homes, tombs, and even graves being opened and eaten by the worshipers of Namira flooded their minds and sickened their bellies.

"...IS EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD SO FUCKED UP?!" Gallus shouted in disgust as everyone looked ready to puke.

"At least we're not seeing it," Sandbar moaned as he held his stomach. "I think I'm still going to be sick regardless.

"Just three more guys, it can't get any worse," Smolder encouraged as they prayed the next one was much tamer.

Birds erupted from a portal of darkness as a figure emerged from the velvet portal. Eyes widened at the sight of her dark beauty and gaze of shadow. Ravens perched on her arms as she levitated before them like a silent mistress of the night. Her breasts were exposed slightly, yet they turned the heads and chills of the six regardless of their sexuality.

Nocturnal

She is the Mistress of Shadows and Mystery. Nocturnal has many names and nicknames spoken in the darkness, her sphere of influence. Those who operated in such environments, like thieves, spies, and assassins, worshiped her in the night. Her pale, black-eyed gaze was like seeing into the eternal void itself, yet an ecliptic beauty surrounded her. Despite having one of Tamriel's most prominent worshiping cults, she cared little for worship and desired no priests or priestesses from her realm of Evergloom. As she gives her blessings of luck for her own personal reasons.

"Wait, how does luck play into all this?" Ocellus asked, trying to avoid Daedric Prince's illustrious gaze as she petted her ravens.

"Well, luck could make the difference between a successful theft or not for a bandit," Gallus pointed out before shaking his head at the wondrous goddess. "And anyone who gets a blessing from here is quite lucky indeed."

"How am I finding her attractive?" Sandbar whispered, which bothered Ocellus for a bit, but deep down, she found the Night Mistress amazing to gaze at even though she wasn't gay. "She's not even from our world!"

"Must be a Daedric Prince thing," Smolder whispered but was not bothered by this feeling inside of her despite her disregard for romance in the past. "Or maybe just her."

The most infamous artifacts of Nocturnal were ones perfect for thieves. The Grey Cowl of Nocturnal not only protected the identity of its wearer from all mortals but whoever wears it will be forgotten by everyone. Close friends, spouses, children, and even parents forget them completely, both in face and in name. They are ghosts who seem to not even exist.

"That's a double edge sword," Gallus said with awe. "Sure, you get your identity as a thief or assassin completely protected, but nobody will ever remember you, and you can't form a bond with them."

"Take about a lonely life," Smolder said.

The other artifact was a unique key known as The Skeleton Key. With it, anyone could open any door or lock, physical or magical, in the world. Nothing could prevent it from opening the most tightly secured vaults or tombs. Many times has the Key been used in Tamriel and impacted it multiple times over for good or ill.

"Yeah, I can see why thieves worship her with an arsenal like that," Silverstream whistled in amazement.

Surprisingly, the next Daedric Prince showed that of a dragon, which got Smolder's interest. "Woah, I wonder what they are the Daedric Prince of? Fire? Flying? Butt kicking?"

"Butt kicking?" Ocellus asked in amusement.

"Well, that's what I would be," Smolder scoffed as she listened about the so-called "Taskmaster" of the Daedric Princes.

Peryite

To Smolder's disappointment, Peyrite's sphere was not "butt kicking" but pestilence. Even more disappointing was that, despite his form being a dragon of all things, he is often considered the weakest of Daedric Princes, which made Gallus snort.

"W-Well, whatever!" Smolder huffed, crossing her hooves. "Peryite is a stupid geeky-sounding name anyway."

However, even if he is "weaker" among the Daedric Princes than others, that doesn't mean his power should be underestimated. As the Lord of Pestilence, he has influenced every life on Nirn through his concoctions of dangerous plagues and pandemics that have taken hundreds of thousands of lives and even wiped out entire races that no longer exist on Tamriel.

"Okay," Smolder whispered, eyes widened upon hearing this. "Geeky dragon guy is a mass murdering genocider...good to know..."

"If doing genocide is considered weak among the Daedric Princes, I would hate to see what the opposite is," Silverstream sighed in sorrow for the lost lives. Even if they had never met them, hearing a people's entire race wiped out was terrible. It reminded her of her people's fear when hiding from the Storm King. Fearing their utter annihilation as his power.

Peryite's Daedric artifact was an enchanted shield known as the Spellbreaker. Like its name suggested, it could reflect or absorb all magical attacks. Upon hearing this, everycreature knew that such an artifact could never be in the hands of villains in their world as their most potent defenders, including the Alicorn Princesses, were known for using magic. If someone like Chrysalis got her hands on such a shield, she would not hesitate to use it to bring disaster.

Then again Chrysalis using any of these artifacts would be a disaster, Ocellus thought while shivering at the prospect of her using something like The Ebony Blade or Mace of Molag Bal.

Next to appear was the statue of a horned being happily holding a mug of what appeared to be alcohol and had a jovial appearance to him despite the somber and sinister music. It turned out that, while he was quite the partygoer, he was also the representative of the darker vices of man.

Sanguine

The Prince of Dubatury, Sanguine, represented the best and worst of lust, gluttony, sin, greed, and desire. Of course, he was quite the jovial fellow as his devilish appearance showed a bright smile with mirth in his eyes. Still, like any devil, he was a tempter who sought to bring down others through humiliating pranks and acts of sinful behavior. All forms of pleasure were his to give in his sphere of influence, no matter how depraved. Surprisingly, he had over a hundred thousand realms of Oblivion, making him one of the largest territory owners among the Princes. Each was used to give pleasure, be it a private or public party, to the various mortals, daedra, spirits, princes, gods, or otherwise, with their blessing or against their will.

"Okay, not going to lie, I am kinda tempted to see just how much of a party animal this guy is," Gallus admitted.

"Really?" Everyone gasped as they turned to the left to see the very same being shown on the screen appearing before them with a mug in his hands. They froze in terror upon seeing him as he appeared out of nowhere and with such ease. Drinking, Sanguine winked at the griffin and said, "Well, I don't mind having six additional new friends over for a good time. Got a few places that would be of interest. Including some lustful areas of passion that a few of you could get used to, considering that some of you are interested in each other. Or if you want personal entertainment, I got plenty of gems for feasting, houses for smashing, stairs for walking, beaches for swimming (with lonely mermaids), books for reading (including a special series about a certain Argonian Maid), and more."

"Uhhhh," The Student Six just sat there, unsure what to do.

"HAHA! SANGUINE YOU OLD CHARMER YOU! MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SUCH A THING PLAY OUT! THESE ARE MY MORTALS! AND I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THEM TO MYSELF! YOU CAN HAVE THEM WHEN I'M DONE! WHICH WILL BEEEEEE TOMORROW?! TODAY?! YESTERDAY?! WHO KNOWS?! WHO CARES?! NOW GO SLEEP WITH A HAGRAVEN WHILE DOING SHROOMS! I'LL SEE YA FOR POKER AND TORTURE ON SUNDAY WITH HIRCINE AND BOETHIAH!"

"Fine. Fine. Spoil the fun, Sheg," Sanguine said with a shrug. "But yeah. I'm the Prince of Deubotery and have no limits to it, kids. Trust me. If pleasure exists, I can do it and ten times better."

He then snapped his fingers as a staff appeared with a red rose. "This is my Daedric artifact, Sanguine's Rose. A summoning staff can summon any lesser Daedra to your aid. Even the most powerful of them all. Just don't expect to summon one of us, Princes. Trust me, I tried to make one like that, and well... let's just say Azura doesn't answer my calls anymore. Of course, every time it is used a pedal will fall from the flower and when all the pedals are gone so will its power, and I'll have to make another. Not that I mind."

Taking another drink, Sanguine waved his hand. "So long, kids." And just like that, he was gone in a flash of purple and dark smoke. Leaving the others in awkward silence.

"....Well, that was weird," Smolder whispered, which made the others all nod before turning to the last of the Daedric Princes being shown on the screen. One whose symbol of being was showing a horrific lady in some underground temple.

Vaermina

Vaermina's sphere was the realm of Dreams and Nightmares, something the six hoped they wouldn't have to deal with while inside Sheogorath's little pocket dimension. Her realm of Oblivion, Quagmire, was a realm where the worst imaginative horrors and terrors lived. Fear was the dominant power in Quagmire, and Vermina used such fear and nightmarish imagery to control the dreams of mortals in their sleep.

"Well, I'm not sleeping tonight," Sandbar said, which made everyone nod in agreement. After all, if Sanguine could appear, who was to say the others wouldn't for their own amusement.

The Skull of Vaermina was her most powerful and darkest artifact. Whoever is hit by its power will see a reflection of themselves come to life and attack that they have been copied from. It would be fighting yourself who knows all your strengths and weaknesses. However, legend says that the true power of the staff is to feed on the memoirs of those around it and replace them with nightmares. It's even rumored that the staff has a mind of its own.

"That was the last one, right?" Silverstream begged.

Indeed it was. The narrator explained just how much power the Daedra had on the mortal realm, and none of the Student Six could deny it upon hearing about all of them. However, where there is night, there is day; where there is darkness, there is light. A golden dragon of holy fire, so bright and mighty that upon seeing it, the six were instantly reinvigorated with hope and courage. All the despair, fear, and worries in their hearts faded upon seeing this dragon, a being that they knew was of pure goodness. Smolder, who had seen many dragons in her life, fell to her knees in near shock upon seeing such a being and feeling it despite it being on a screen.

Even the others, who had seen such powerful figures in this realm and their own, were marveled by the holy light of the one known as Akatosh.

The Leader of the Nine Divines.

But that was a story for another day.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Gonna work on Regeneration next before we do another one of these.