• Published 18th Jan 2023
  • 4,391 Views, 121 Comments

Student Six Watch Elder Scrolls Lore - Rated Ponystar



After learning about the Fallout Series, the Student Six are taken to a different dimention to learn about The Elder Scrolls series

  • ...
12
 121
 4,391

Daedric Princes of Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion Part 1

Chapter 1

Daedric Princes of Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion Part 1


"So the Daedra are like what Sheogorath is, right?" Sandbar asked, hoping the Mad God wouldn't hear him and do something insane.

"I wonder if they're all as powerful as Sheogorath?" Ocellus wondered out loud. Or as bad.

The narrator explained that to understand Tamriel, one had to understand all the big players that had a hand in the influence of the everyday mortal. Unlike Equus, the various Gods, Demi-Gods, and other Celestial beings of the cosmos and reality played a role in influencing Nirn. It certainly made the others wonder how different their world would be if their Gods had more of a say or impact in their reality. As was learned previously, the Aedra, meaning "Our Ancestors" in Elven, were divine beings who gave up (or were tricked) their divine power to the creation of Nirn. All life on the planet owed its existence to them, and it wasn't a surprise that they were heavily worshiped.

The screen then showed numerous shadowy figures of various shapes and sizes. All hidden in their silhouettes. These beings did not play a role in the creation of Nirn and were called the "Daedra," meaning "Not Our Ancestors" in Elven.

"Wonder why they didn't participate in it?" Silverstream wondered.

"If Ancestor Gods tricked into giving power instead of giving it up willingly, Non-Ancestor Gods must have realized it was all a lie," Yona theorized.

"And what if it wasn't a trick?" Silverstream asked, turning to her yak friend, who rubbed her chin.

"Maybe not interested? Hard to tell what Gods think," Yona answered.

The various conflicts of Nirn were almost always going on every day, and it wasn't as surprising that the Daedra had a part to play in some of the worst events in history that caused tremendous conflict and destruction. If there was any doubt that the Daedra were not only dangerous but possibly evil, the sight of a red gate of utter hellfire and evil made the thought stick permanently. As statues and images of the dark gods were shown, the narrator revealed just how much suffering the Daedra had caused merely because they saw mortals and Nirn differently than all others.

"It makes it sound like they view Mundus as one giant playground," Gallus said in disgust as he saw a cult worshiping one of the Daedra in a freezing cold mountain fighting one another.

There were two kinds of Daedra. Despite not being as powerful as the other type, the Lesser Daedra were still dangerous and scary. The appearance of one, taking the shape of a giant spider woman, made the others gasp and nearly scream upon seeing her horrifying appearance. Looking at it, they could tell it was something not to mess with as its cackling laughter and hands casing dark magic made it clear she was dangerous. However, that was nothing compared to the appearance of the other types of Daedra: The Daedric Princes.

For a split second, Sandbar thought they found Tirek's twin brother as a giant four armed demonic looking being stood over the ruins of a city. The sky was as dark red as blood, and in one hand, he held an ax bathed in the blood of who knows how many innocents. His appearance was that of a true dark demonic overlord, and one could quickly tell his power was unmatched by so many others. This was one of the Daedric Princes. The overlords of the various realms of the plane of existence known as Oblivion. It was these beings that Tamriel's people worshiped as Gods next to the Aedra, including the Dark Elves, whose culture and history were influenced by them.

"Why would you worship something like that?!" Silverstream asked in horror, pointing to the laughing evil Daedric Prince.

"And here I thought the Church of Adam was weird," Smolder muttered in disbelief.

The scene then changed to show one Daedra rising out of a coffin like that of a classical vampire as his numerous followers bowed and worshiped him. He spread his arms out theatrically and smiled at the worshipers of his little cult. It turned out that, despite calling themselves "Princes," the Daedra had no gender. They merely changed their shape and form to suit their needs and manipulated the mortals below them. To the Daedric Princes, their morality was alien compared to that of morals. They saw things differently, and as such, what mortals saw as good and evil was twisted under a different logic compared to what they saw.

"That...kinda makes sense?" Ocellus whispered, getting everyone's attention. "I mean, our morality and mindset of ourselves vastly differ from that of wild animals or insects. Right? So maybe it's the same thing?"

"Doesn't make it right," Silverstream muttered with a huff as she folded her arms.

The silhouettes of the Daedric Princes were shown again, and it was revealed that seventeen of them existed. Or at least that was the number of them known to Tamriel. All of them used the mortals of Tamriel for their own amusement, seeing them as little bugs to either watch, help, or crush in their efforts to survive. It was a game to them. And the mortals were the pieces on the board.

"And this is why I don't like the concept of Gods," Smolder muttered.

Of course, the same went both ways.

Much like how the Daedra were interested in mortals, there were mortals interested in the Daedra, as evidenced by the cult worshiping one of their statues. Throughout history, there have been many interactions between man and Daedra, including the Princes, with various stories to tell.

"Personally, I would want to stay away from them as much as possible," Sandbar said, with the others all nodding in agreement.

The screen then changed to show a familiar statue they had seen previously. One of a woman holding a star and moon. It was said to have been built by the Dark Elves in their worship of her when they came to Skyrim after leaving their homeland of Morrowind. She was the Queen of Dawn and Dusk. The Mother of the Rose. The Queen of the Night Sky and the most worshiped of all the Daedra to the Dark Elves:

Azura

Seen always as a powerful and beautiful woman, Azura was the Daedric Prince of Night and Dawn, master of the hidden magic of mystery Twilight.

"Wait, Twilight? And our Twilight Sparkle is one of Equestria's most powerful magic users," Ocellus said as she went wide-eyed. "You don't think..."

"Let's hope not," Gallus whispered with a shiver. The idea of a Daedric Prince influencing one of their teachers, much less a Princess of Equestria, was terrifying.

"Ooh! Pretty!" Silverstream gleefully said as Azura's plane of existence, Moonshadow, was shown on the screen.

"So many crystals..." Smolder moaned in hunger, raising her claws as if ready to jump into it.

Moonshadow was said to be a realm of pure, dazzling beauty, with blinding lights, waterfalls, trees, and a city of silver. But this realm of beauty was not the only thing unique about her. Not all the Daedric Princes were terrible, as Azura was considered one of the few "Good" Daedric Princes who acted in concern for her mortal subjects, unlike the others. A strange star-like object with a beautiful light green gem in the middle appeared on screen and was said to be known as "Azura's Star." It is a powerful soul gem capable of unending storage of souls, making it a highly sought-after object for mages and assassins.

"Wait, they can trap souls in gems?!" Ocellus screamed in horror. "That's... that's horrible! What do they use it for? Powering magic and spells? How do you even do that?! Do they feel pain?! If the gem is used up or destroyed, is the soul also gone forever?! How many souls can a normal gem hold?! Why even create a means to do this in the first place?!"

"I don't think I'm going to look at a diamond the same ever again," Smolder moaned as she held a hand to her stomach.

"That's like something the guys at Big Mountain would come up with," Sandbar pointed out and quickly shivered at the idea of those freaky scientists ever meeting up with a Daedric Prince. It would be the worst thing in the universe.

"At least there is some good Daedra out there," Silverstream pointed out nervously to ease the uneasy feelings.

"If having a mystical object that can suck souls out of you is considered good, then I hate to see what is considered bad," Ocellus pointed out with a huff.

The next Daedra to be shown as one of a statue they had seen numerous times already but now had a clearer picture. It showed what appeared to be a woman, with the body of a snake, holding a large sword while looking particularly bloodthirsty. The Prince of Plots was known for being one of the most rebellious and violet-driven Daedra.

Boethiah

Portrayed multiple times as both a man and woman, Boethiah was known to be involved in secrets, deception, assassination, and overthrowing authority. Her realm in Oblivion (Only known as The Realm of Boethia) was just as violent as its ruler. A place of storms, volcanoes, and seas of lava. Being a Daedric Prince who delights in murder and destruction, even among her own followers, as indicated when one of her worshipers was backstabbed and stabbed repeatedly by another. It was not surprising that she was considered one of the more “evil” Daedra. Interestingly enough, while most of the races of Tamriel saw her as evil, the Dark Elves saw her in a different light that would be explored later on.

“Why would anyone see a being that delights in killing people in the shadows as not evil?” Silverstream asked in disbelief.

“I think we’re going to see a lot of things that don’t make sense to us over time,” Ocellus said, shaking her head as she continued to write her notes.

“Maybe it’s a cultural thing? I mean, Dragon Culture allows things like stealing and bullying others to get your way. Deception is also encouraged to overthrow those who are stronger than you,” Smolder pointed out with a shrug. “Something like that in Equestria is completely foreign as a concept.”

“Also, that’s the laziest name for a realm I’ve ever heard,” Gallus said with a snort.

Three of Daedric Artifacts stood out among those associated with Boethiah, as shown by one of her champions wielding all three on the screen: The Ebony Mail, Fearstruck, and Goldbrand. Each powerful in their own right, they had been used in history during times of significant change, which Boethiah always desires.

The next Daedric prince showed the statue of a handsome young male wrapped in a toga while holding a mask of sorts with horns both on his head and the mask. Beside him was a giant dog statue that seemed to be his companion. This was the Daedric Prince of Power and Wishes with the ability to grant you anything but for a price.

Clavicus Vile

“Okay, I don’t know if Daedric Princes have mothers, but just giving someone that name means you’re signing them up to be a supervillain,” Sandbar giggled upon hearing his name.

Clavicus Vile and his companion, the shapeshifting Barbarus, typically occupied a realm filled with dangerous yellow-skinned Daedra that lived in an open, untamed field. But Clavicus Vile rarely stayed in his domain, for when he is bored (and it happens pretty often), he goes to the realm of Mucus to find mortals seeking something. That something is what Clavicus Vile can give if he is summoned or seen, as he grants them whatever wish they desire.

“Oh! So he’s like a genie!” Silverstream said with glee. “I’ve always wanted to meet a genie!”

Of course, Clavicus Vile often amused himself by making the wishes ironic or, if he so desired, takes the wishes back with but a mere thought. Why? His own amusement.

“...Or not a genie. Not a genie at all.”

The Mask of Clavicus Vile, as shown on the screen, was his most famous Daedric Artifact. Wearing it would make a person more popular and charismatic, to the point of near worship. The catch? Like his wishes, Clavicus Vile will summon it back to Oblivion whenever he wishes, Usually at the wrong time for the wielder.

“He really does the whole take-back thing hard, huh?” Gallus snorted.

Things on the screen went black for a bit, but then a giant green eye appeared on the visor, making the group gasp. Slowly, black gloops and shadows were bubbling with more green eyes and tentacles warping out of them. The others slowly backed away, fearing that it would break through the screen and reach out, but sighed in relief upon seeing it was not attacking them. It was one of the most disturbing things they had seen and the most unworldly Daedric Prince. Out of all the Daedric Princes, nobody was more Eldritch looking than the Prince of Knowledge and Fate, who refused to take the appearance of a humanoid but a massive collection of eyes, tentacles, and claws.

Hermaeus Mora

The screen then showed Hermaeus Mora’s realm, an endless library in an otherworldly maze of mysteries and secrets. Yet it held a disturbing sickly green color while tentacles and black books flowed around, warping from place to place. However, the number of books was beyond counting and only a tiny fraction of the knowledge that Hermaeus Mora had collected since time began.

“You think Princess Twilight would go into this kind of library?” Sandbar asked.

“Heardmare Twilight smart enough to know this is not safe knowledge,” Yona answered with a shiver. “Place gives yak goosebumps.”

Yona’s worries were proven true as most of the writing in the realm of Apocrypha was forbidden knowledge that could make those who stay too long in it go insane. The black books were written in arcane languages, and the halls were haunted by ghosts seeking an endless thirst for knowledge that they were doomed to forever seek.

“Yeah, I like reading and all, but I like my sanity intact,” Ocellus replied with a gulp. She made a mental note to never meet this Hermeaus Mora for the sake of avoiding any temptation. Madness by a Mad God or madness by a God of Forbidden Knowledge? I honestly don’t know what would be worse.

Ocellus’s fear of temptation was further proven when one of these Black Books did open and showed a strange design that was taking all her willpower to not write down. These Black Books, written by Hermeaus Mora himself, would teleport those who read it into Apocrypha where, if one could keep their sanity, they were rewarded with powerful knowledge.

But all six students thought the same thing: “Knowledge at what cost?”

The next Daedric Prince to be shown was not as disturbing as the last, but still very inhuman. Despite having the body of a human and dressed in the skin of wild animals he had taken down himself, the next Daedric Prince had the face of a deer’s skull and held a weapon that appeared to be the combination of a spear and an ax. Unsurprisingly, he was called the Huntsman and father of all Man-Beasts.

Hircine

"Three guesses what his field of experience is," Gallus snorted.

Unsurprisingly, he was the Daedric Prince of hunting and was more than just a hunter. He also created diseases that turned men into beasts, including werewolves.

"Woah! Werewolves are real here?!" Sandbar asked in shock as one appeared on the screen, sniffing the air in search of prey. "That's cool!"

"You like werewolves?" Ocellus asked in surprise.

"My favorite horror creatures!" Sandbar replied with a grin.

"Huh, didn't expect that," Gallus replied with a shrug. "Always pictured you as a kelpie kinda guy."

"...Because of the cutie mark?"

"Because of the cutie mark," everyone else said in agreement.

Worshiped and seen by the werewolves as their father, they are his favorite creation as they hunt at night, but by day they are hunted due to people's fear of them. Hircine believes in all aspects of the hunt. Not just predator hunting prey, but prey turning things around, so the predator is also pursued. Both please him.

Standing near a statue of two wolves, Hircine held his spear in practice while standing in the middle of his realm, The Hunting Grounds. If one enters the domain and hears Hircine's horn in the distance, that is the signal that the Great Hunt has begun and you must run. Hircine and his hunting pack of werewolves have arrived to hunt until the day is done.

Known for a few Daedric Artifacts that he gives as rewards to great hunters; the most well-known is the Savior's Hide. A leather and furry armor that was just as good as any steel plating.

The next to appear was-

"OH GREAT! THIS IDIOT! UGHHH! I REALLY WANT TO SKIP HIM, BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO KNOW HIM TO GET TO KNOW ME! BAH! WISH I COULD FILL ME EARS WITH CORN TO IGNORE THIS! OR BETTER YET! HAVE HIM SPEAK IN CHINESE!"

"What's Chinese?" Yona asked Ocellus, who shrugged.

Anyway...

The following person to appear was a large steel armored figure who reminded the six of a towering figure. Surrounded by marble walls and wielding a sharp white sword, he was imposing, cold, and known for being the Daedric Prince of Order and among the most powerful of Daedric Princes.

Jyggalag

"If he's the Daedric Prince of Order, I can see how Sheogorath would hate him," Gallus pointed out.

Jyggalag was so feared and powerful because of his fantastic ability to use logic to figure out all past, present, and future events. He knew everything that happened would happen and has happened just by his reasoning alone. Because of this, he sees things like free will and individuality as nothing but illusions and all of life as a giant equation that he can solve into controlling into a means of perfect order.

"Wait, so this guy just figured out everything of...everything?" Sandbar asked in disbelief. "I don't buy it."

"Yeah, and even if he did, what would he do with it? Sounds all so boring," Smolder said when a giant bowl of shiny gems appeared, much to her delight. "Oooh! Nice!"

"Someone's a God's new favorite," Gallus grumbled, which made the dragon stick her tongue out before eating her new treats.

Because of his power and ability, the other Daedric Princes were afraid of him. Despite their grudges and outright hatred against each other, they put that all aside to unite and defeat him. All sixteen of them had barely managed to do it, but to this day, it remains the only time the most potent Daedric Princes of all came to a single cause.

"Wow, he really must have been dangerous for all of them to work together to defeat," Ocellus whispered in awe.

Of course, since Jyggalag couldn't be destroyed, they decided to give him a cruel sentence for someone as orderly and logic-minded as him. Using their power, they twisted him into a being of pure madness, illogical behavior, and outright insanity. A complete coin flip of his personality that was the most bitter of ironies for him.

All six students' eyes widened as Silverstream gulped. "Wait... don't tell me..."

They turned Jyggalag into Sheogorath.

Gallus couldn't help but snort and then laugh incessantly as he pointed at the screen. "THAT'S WHAT THEY DID TO HIM?! THEY MADE HIM INTO A CLOWN GOD OF INSANITY?! AHAHAHAHAA" Suddenly, there was a flash of bright light as a lighting bolt from outside hit Gallus "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH"

The others screamed and shouted his name, fearing the worst as they could only imagine his suffering. When the light faded, everyone just blinked upon seeing a blue rooster looking around in confusion, clucking and poking the ground occasionally. Yona blinked a few times before pointing to the blue rooster. "Mad God replaced friend Gallus with chicken?"

"Rooster. And I think that is Gallus," Ocellus corrected as she picked him up and winced when he started pecking her forehead. "Well, he kinda brought it upon himself to mock our current captor."

Sandbar looked up and nervously asked, "Um, Mr. Sheogorath? How long is Gallus going to be like this?"

"EH, UNTIL I GET BORED OF HIM LIKE THAT! MAYBE I'LL TURN HIM BACK! OR MAKE HIM A WHALE?! OR A COCKROACH TO STOMP ON! MAYBE I'LL MAKE HIM CHEESE! BUT I ALSO WOULDN'T MIND MAKING HIM A KHAJIIT! OR MAYBE A KHAJIIT OUT OF CHEESE! JUST WATCH THE FILM ABOUT ME GLORIOUS SELF, AND MAYBE I'LL TURN HIM BACK AFTER THE VIDEO IS DONE! OR MAYBE IN PART 2 OF THIS CHAPTER!"

Silverstream shrugged and happily took Gallus over to her side, where she let him rest on her lap, much to his delight, as he nested himself easily. "I'll take care of him! He looks so cute like this anyway!"

Turning back to the screen, the five students and one rooster finally saw what their prison warden looked like. A strange old man with yellow cat eyes in an outfit that was purple and yellow as he wielded a cane while sitting happily on his throne. This Daedric Prince of Madness was the enigma of the entire universe, as nobody knew what he would do, why he did what he did, or who he would do it to.

Sheogorath

His realm, the Shivering Isles, was just as mad as him. A land of light and dark, giant insects, colorful flowers, and plenty of fellow mad people unfortunate enough to find themselves in the Mad God's plane of Oblivion. However, to their surprise, the screen showed a different Sheogorath than before. This one had long hair and another face; his uniform was half purple and half red. He seemed still mad, but his appearance was less devilish. It was said that someone known as "The Champion" discovered what happened at the Shivering Isles.

For every end of an era, Sheogorath would return to Jyggalag to restore order again to the Isles. However, when it was done, Jyggalag would turn back into Sheogorath, bringing madness once again. It was an endless cycle of going back and forth until The Champion ended the process by defeating Jyggalag in single combat and finally made the two separate Princes'.

"Dude, he took on a Daedric Prince and beat him?! Aren't these guys godlike?!" Sandbar shouted in shock.

"Damn, he must be some Champion," Smolder whispered in awe.

"WHY, THANK YOU!"

"Huh?" Smolder asked, confused by what that meant.

While Jyggalag seemed to have yet to have any Daedric Artifacts worth mentioning, the most well-known of Sheogorath's was the Wabbajack. It was a powerful staff that could turn any living into another living thing, but it was always done at random.

"The whatajack?" Ocellus asked.

"The Wabbajack!" Silverstream cried out before giggling. "Such a silly name."

"ALRIGHT! WE'RE GONNA END PART 1 HERE BECAUSE THIS VIDEO IS LONG ENOUGH AS IT IS, AND RATED PONYSTAR WANTS TO MAKE SURE THESE THINGS AREN'T TOO LONG! SO MAKE SURE YOU READERS OUT THERE LEAVE A NICE REVIEW OR FOLLOW SOMETHING, OR I'll BE FORCED YOU TO WATCH BAD ANIME FOR WEEKS ON END! MAYBE THAT BOKU NO PICO ONE?! OR WORSE! INUYASHA! HAHAHA!

"Part 1?" Ocellus asked.

"Whose Rated Ponystar?" Sandbar questioned.

"What's Anime?" Yona wondered.

"What's a Boku no Pico or Inuyasha?" Silverstream inquired.

"Who the hay is he talking to?!" Smolder demanded while looking around with worry.

"Buck buck?" Gallus cock-a-doodle-doo'd as he tilted his head.

Author's Note:

Yeah the video is a very long one so I am splitting it into two. Next time we'll get the rest of the Princes.