• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 7,019 Views, 34 Comments

Love Interruption - Closer-To-The-Sun



Applejack is feeling down around the farm. But with the help of a small purple dragon, can things turn around?

  • ...
4
 34
 7,019

Ch. 2 Blue Sky

Chapter 2: Blue Sky

After completing the applebucking, Applejack and Spike were lying down on the grass. The orange mare and purple dragon were close as they looked up to the partly cloudy sky. A gently breeze was slowly pushing the clouds across the blue atmosphere, causing the two to point out the shapes.

"Hey Applejack, that one looks like a top hat!" Spike pointed up to the sky.

"Yer right, it kinda does. That one there looks like some kinda animal, like a rodent or somethin'," Applejack pointed to a different cloud.

Spike had trouble seeing what the pony saw, "I guess it kinda does. Maybe if it's super fat or something like that!" he then laughed at his own comment.

Applejack couldn't help but smile, "There's a few there that look like a bunch of apples."

Spike laughed again, "Of course you'd notice that, Applejack!"

"Haha, well what did ya expect, sugarcube? Ah am Applejack after all!" the orange pony gave a relaxed laugh.

Spike laughed as well before continuing his cloud watching, "Oh! There's some over there that look like a few gems!"

"Huh? Where at, Spike?" Applejack seemed to not find the particular clouds the dragon was talking about.

The dragon scooted closer to the orange mare and raised his claw up in the air to point, "Right over there! It looks like an emerald gem!"

Applejack finally noticed the cloud Spike was talking about, however, her thoughts were focused on the dragon scales touching her coat. The scales felt alien on her coat. They felt rough and bumpy at the immediate touch, but to Applejack it was wonderful. She had no idea why but she liked it, a lot.

"Did ya see it?"

"A-Ah beg yer pardon?" the earth pony's face was slightly pink.

Spike turned his head slightly to Applejack, "The clouds, did ya see them?"

"Oh, right, ah saw them gem clouds," Applejack replied.

Spike gave a small laugh to himself, "They are actually kinda making me hungry."

"Oh, if ya want, Spike, ya can get an apple ta eat," the orange pony stated, trying to brush off the pink tint to her face.

Spike stood up on his bottom claws and quickly made his way to grab an apple from a bucket. The dragon grabbed a yellow apple and returned to where he and the earth pony were lying on the ground. Sitting on the ground, Spike then laid back down with his head resting on the side of the mare's torso.

Taking a bite of the apple, Spike spoke, "You don't mind this, do ya?"

Applejack was uneasy despite her reply, "Not at all, Spike. Make yerself comfortable."

"Thanks."

Applejack and Spike continued their cloud watching as the wind brought in new clouds from other places of Equestria and in different shapes. With Spike's head resting on her body, Applejack was flustered. She never had anypony, or anything for that matter, be so comfortable around her. To her, it was completely weird and foreign. But to her, it felt right.

"Alright, I think I should head back to the library now. Twilight might get worried if I stay longer," Spike said, standing up and stretching his arms out.

"Oh, alright then. Thank ya very much fer yer help, Spike. It was much appreciated," Applejack sat up from her position on the ground, keeping her eyes on the purple dragon.

Spike turned back to the pony and warmly smiled, "It was no big deal, I had fun!"

"Heh, fun isn't what applebuckin' is about, sugarcube, but still thanks fer all yer hard work," Applejack smiled back.

"Of course. If ya need anymore help, just let me know!"

Applejack paused before continuing, "Actually, ah will need some help tomorra in the afternoon if yer okay with it. Ya don't hafta if ya don't wanna."

Spike gave a smirk, "Consider me there!"

A pleasant expression appeared on the pony's face as she joked, "Yer spoilin' me, Spike. Ah think Twilight might get jealous."

Spike laughed before turning to leave, "Nah, don't worry about her. I'll see ya tomorrow!"

"See ya," Applejack watched the dragon walk out of her sight. When he was gone, the mare laid right back down on the grass, looking back up at the blue sky, watching the clouds roll by.