• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 7,010 Views, 34 Comments

Love Interruption - Closer-To-The-Sun



Applejack is feeling down around the farm. But with the help of a small purple dragon, can things turn around?

  • ...
4
 34
 7,010

Ch. 3 Tangled Up In Blue

Chapter 3: Tangled Up In Blue

Applejack continued to watch the clouds roll by in the sky. With a heavy sigh, the orange pony's stare into the blue sky was accompanied with thoughts about Spike. She couldn't help but think about him.

'Why am ah so caught up with Spike? He's just a little dragon. Granted, quite cute, but he's jus' a little guy,' Applejack closed her eyes before continuing in her thoughts, 'It's jus' plain weird though. With Spike bein' so chummy and comfortable with me, it felt really nice.'

"Maybe ah'm jus' out of it right now," Applejack spoke aloud to herself, keeping her eyes closed.

"Well, of course you are, Applejack, your frown isn't upside down!" a cheery voice blurted out.

The startled orange mare opened her eyes quickly to see the upside down head of Pinkie Pie a few inches from her own. "Wah! Uh….Pinkie?"

"Hiya!" the pink pony smiled, retreating her face back to the rest of her body.

Applejack sat up, "What are ya doin'?"

"I was playing hide-and-seek with the Cake twins, but I can't find them anywhere!" Pinkie stated to her fellow earth pony before calling out, "Come out, come out! Olly olly oxen free!"

"Uh, ah don't think they'd be out here on the farm," the orange mare was puzzled with her friend.

"You're right. So why are you so down?" Pinkie Pie tilted her head to the side.

Applejack laid back down on her back, "Ya want me ta be honest?"

"Aren't you the element of honesty?" Pinkie asked

Applejack slightly smiled, "Guess ya gotta point. Ah guess ah feel like there's somethin' missin'. Like when Spike was here earlier, we were just starin' up at the clouds, and….it was quite amazin'."

"It was?"

The cheeks on Applejack's face were pink, "Y-Yeah, it was really enjoyable….just bein' right next ta the little guy."

"Oh, Applejack, that's wonderful!" Pinkie picked up Applejack, giving her a tight hug.

The orange pony was confused, "It is?"

"Yes, it is!" Pinkie chimed in, "You figured out what you're missing in record time! It's Spike!"

"Uh….ah'm not sure about that…." Applejack was skeptical despite being almost certain Pinkie's hunch was correct.

"Sure you're sure!" Pinkie's optimism answered.

"Hmm…." the orange pony looked back up to the sky, noticing it was getting darker.

Pinkie looked up to the blue sky as well. "Now I see why you two were doing cloud watching, there are some fun shapes!"

A smile returned to Applejack's face, "It sure was fun."

The skygazing was interrupted by the twitching of Pinkie Pie's entire body. "Oh, twitch-a-twitch! Twitch-a-twitch! I know where Pound and Pumpkin Cake are! There are about to get to my super-secret-sugar-stash! I got to stop them!"

"Haha, alright, you go on ahead. Ah'll see ya around then, Pinkie,"

Pinkie Pie dashed off, "Bye-bye!"

Applejack raised a hoof to wave goodbye to her friend. Taking a deep breath, the orange mare softly gave a small smile, "Ya sure hit the nail on the head with that, Pinkie. Ah guess ah am missin' Spike."