• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 7,008 Views, 34 Comments

Love Interruption - Closer-To-The-Sun



Applejack is feeling down around the farm. But with the help of a small purple dragon, can things turn around?

  • ...
4
 34
 7,008

Ch.1 Rotten Apples

Chapter 1: Rotten Apples

It was a warm and pleasant day at Sweet Apple Acres. On the farm, there was an orange mare working hard amongst the grove of trees. She seemed to not be performing at her peak. It was if something was bothering her, and yet she didn't seem to know what it was. With a sigh, she continued and got lost in her work.

Her attention was turned from her work when a friend of hers trotted by on the nearby path.

"Hello there, Applejack!" a cheerful voice called out.

"Oh, howdy, Twilight. An' same ta ya, Spike," Applejack replied, looking up to the purple unicorn and the purple dragon that was riding on her back, "what brings ya'll to this neck of the woods?"

Twilight answered, "I need to pick a few apples for later."

"Alright. Well, Big Mac should be up at the farm ta help ya out," the orange pony stated, trying to force a smile.

"Can I stay here with Applejack?" Spike asked.

"Well, as long as she's fine with it. Just don't distract her too much," the unicorn was unsure.

"It's fine, Twi, ah don't mind."

Twilight shrugged as Spike hopped down from her back, "Just don't give her too much of a hassle, Spike." She then continued down the pathway towards the barn.

Spike, on the other hoof, made his way over towards Applejack. As he got closer, he noticed that the pony seemed off.

"Hey Applejack, ya alright?" the dragon asked with concern.

The earth pony honestly didn't want to reply, but not wanting to be rude to the dragon, she lied, "Yeah, ah'm fine, just worried about not gettin' the applebuckin' done by mahself today." After speaking, Applejack realized the statement was partially true.

"Oh, is that it? I can help you then!" Spike spoke cheerfully.

"Huh?" Applejack wasn't expecting such a reply from Spike, "Uh, Spike, ya really don't need ta do anythin' like that. Ah can handle this."

"But you were just saying there's a lot to do," the dragon pointed out.

"Well, ah guess ya can help if ya really want ta," Applejack gave in. From there, she gave instructions to Spike of what to do to help her with the bucking of the trees.

To the surprise of them both, Applejack and Spike finished their applebucking in what seemed to be record time.