• ...
4
 20
 2,228

Pink Ponies and Apples.

As Link traveled down the mountain, passing the gate, the guard stopped him.

“Hey...is that an Angel’s mask?” He asked. Link had forgotten all about it. Link grabbed it and handed it to him. “My kid’s gonna love this! Thanks, buddy!” He said, handing Link 50 bits. Link graciously accepted them and turned around quickly to see the face of Pinkie Pie, the mask salespony. She smiled at him oddly, the smile she always wore.

“So you sold the first mask...” She said, chuckling a slightly creepy chuckle. “Good...good...Now...I’ll collect my part of the deal...” She said, collecting 20 bits from Link. “If you ever wish to sell another mask...find me.” Link nodded and she bounced off. An odd way to travel about, but she was an odd character. Link passed it off and looked for an old hag’s shop.

As Link traveled about Ponyville, looking at all the shops, He noticed a shooting gallery, homes, radio towers, a well, and...a shop! Link trotted in quickly.

As Link pushed open the door, a voice rang out from the back. “Hold on one second, be right there! My shelves, you see, are very bare.” Link looked around, noticing, as she said, empty shelves. Link did note that there were several red potions, like the one he drank in Diamond Dog Cavern.

Suddenly, a zebra appeared in front of him. “What can I do for you this day? Please, please...enjoy your stay!”. She spoke in odd rhymes. Link motioned towards a red potion.

“We’ll take one of the red potions.” Said Spike “It may come in handy later.”

The zebra took a look at Link. “You, oh you, I’ve gotten word! The Manticore you killed while bored?” Link didn’t think he was bored, but he went along with it. “That Diamond Dog you met, I owe him big, I shan’t forget. I’ll give you one of my precious red brew, no charge, my friend, I thank you!” Link reached out and accepted the potion.

“Anyways, My name’s Spike, that’s Link. Who’re you?”

“Zecora’s what I go by.” She said. She didn’t rhyme that time.

“Well, nice to meet you! Said Spike. We’ll probably be back around. See ya later!”

Link and Spike left the shop. He just had to collect one more spiritual stone, but was unsure where to get it. Seapony domain. But where exactly was it?

“Hey, listen...” Said Spike. “The Seapony domain is probably located by the waterfall in the plains. Let’s head there.” Spike said, producing one of his more helpful sentences. With that, Link trotted out to the plain.

As link trotted comfortably around the plain, looking for the waterfall, He noticed a small ranch. He trotted towards it, exploring the world a bit.

As he trotted in, a yellowish pony trotted past him, at full speed. She ran over to an apple tree, bucking it, making apples fall into assorted baskets. As she turned around, she noticed Link.

“Well Howdy! Didn’t see ya there, partner!” She said, extending a hoof. Link shook it and let her continue. “I’m Applejack! What’s your name?”

“He’s Link” Said Spike. “And I’m Spike.”

“Pleased to meetcha!” Said Applejack. “I’m just buckin’ the apples while my dad’s away. He went to the castle at Canterlot to deliver some apples. He probably took a nap again.” Link confirmed it and looked at her. “You know...” She said. “You don’t look like a Link to me. I think I’ll call you Sugarcube!” She said. Link looked at Spike. Both of them shrugged at each other. Link wasn’t white, and he was wearing green clothing. “You just look like a good thing, like a sugarcube, Sugarcube!” Link gladly accepted the explanation.

Link began to turn around to leave, But Applejack called out. “Hey! I uh...Don’t get very many visitors...It gets more boring than roadkill out here. Can I teach ya somethin’?” She asked. Link looked at her as she coughed. “I will sing to you the song of my people...” She said. Link prepared himself for a nightmare. As Applejack started to sing, It surprisingly wasn’t bad. Link pulled out his ocarina and played it back to her. “There ya go!” She said. A Loud “EEYUP!” resounded. Suddenly, a large, red Clydesdale galloped towards him, stopping in front of him. “Hey, Big Mac!” She said, rubbing his snout.

“Eeyup.” He said.

“Big Mac seems to like you. Maybe he’ll come in handy to you. Take him with ya...but be careful. I don’t wanna lose him. He’s my favorite.” She said.

Link accepted the offer but wasn’t exactly sure what to do with him.

“Can we ride you?” Asked Spike.

“Eeyup.” And with that, Link and Spike hopped on top of Big Mac and galloped away from the ranch, faster than Link could ever run. Link controlled him, looking for the waterfall. Link had never ridden another horse before. Horses riding horses...For some reason, “horseception” resounded in his mind. He put that thought away as the Seapony domain drew nearer to him. As he neared the river, Big Mac stopped suddenly. Link hopped down, as Spike asked him “You scared of water?”

“Eeyup...” He said, sadly.

Link graciously thanked him for the ride and trotted off towards Seapony domain.