• ...
4
 20
 2,228

The Princess

Link, now inside the castle walls, looked around to get a grasp of his current surroundings. He hid behind some bushes and looked inward, toward the courtyard. Several guards patrolled the area in a seemingly fixed pattern. Link planned his strategy and carefully and quietly trotted.

The first area wasn’t hard to clear. Link mostly stayed on the opposite side of the bushes the guards were patrolling. Link trotted past the area and surveyed the garden. Several guards patrolled here. Link looked around and found his answer. He crawled on top of the grape vines and carefully trotted across the top, jumping down and surveying the next area.

The next area was a fountain type deal, Not well guarded at all. Link simply snuck by the one guard and soon found himself in a private garden. Link looked around. Standing at the center of the garden was the most beautiful filly he had ever seen. White hair, a small, with horn, and a gentle purple mane completed her look. Link could only see her from behind...but she had a wonderful plot, too. Link slowly approached her. She was peering intently through a window, as if trying to see something. Link remained behind her until she turned around. She gasped at the sight of him.
Link, now inside the castle walls, looked around to get a grasp of his current surroundings. Link casually strolled the surrounding buildings, occasionally avoiding guards, and soon found himself in a private garden. Link looked around. Standing at the center of the garden was the most beautiful filly he had ever seen. White hair, a small, white horn, and a gentle purple mane completed her look. Link could only see her from behind...but she had a wonderful plot, too. Link slowly approached her. She was peering intently through a window, as if trying to see something. Link remained behind her until she turned around. She gasped at the sight of him.

“Oh goodness...you gave me a fright there for a minute. Say, just how did you slip by the guards? No matter. I have urgent business and perhaps you may be able to assist me.”

Link looked at her.

“Hey, wait up!” Link turned around and saw Spike running up behind him. “Sorry, I got caught up in busin...” He stopped, looking at the girl. “Hey...what’s your name?”

“I am Princess Rarity.” Began Rarity. “And who might you two be?”

“I’m Spike and that’s Link...but you can call me whatever you want...” He said, drifting off.

Rarity ignored him and looked at Link. “Link, hm? Not exactly the prettiest name out there but it will have to do. Say...can I trust you with a secret?” She asked, looking deep into Link’s eyes. Link nodded and let her continue.

“I feel something awful is about to happen across Equestria...and I feel that colt in there might have something to do with it. Please...look inside the window.”

Link looked inside the window, seeing what he presumed was the king, and a darker, sinister looking griffon with strange jewelry and piercings.

“That’s Gildadorf......” Rarity began. “My father trusts him...but i sense something evil about him...please...” She continued. “Keep this a secret from others. Can I trust you to do that?.”

Link nodded and turned around in the other direction.

“Oh wait!” Said Spike. “We need to get to Equestrial mountains!”

“Oh, yes. I forgot you need permission for that. Well...It may not be much in the way of proof...but I want to teach you this. Do you have some sort of instrument?”

Link reached into his Mysterious storage place and pulled out his rounded flute.

“An Ocarina?” Rarity began, producing one herself. Link nodded and let her continue.

“This song has been handed down in our family for generations...I feel something good will happen if I teach it to you.”

Link readied his instrument. Rarity played a little, simplistic tune. Link played along. Afterwards, Link wrote the song down so he could remember it.

“Goodbye...Link. May we meet again under better circumstances...” Rarity said, trailing off. Link then headed back towards where he came from, back to the fountain. Almost as he neared the door, fireworks started going off as if from nowhere, and a light blue unicorn appeared in front of him. She donned a cape and hat, each lined and outfitted with stars.

“The simplicity of youth...passing by in but an instant. Relishing these moments, where love blossoms...creates a better path in maturity.” She said. Link wasn’t exactly sure where she was going with this, but he listened anyway.

“My name is Trixie.” She said. “I am Rarity’s personal guardian. My people are a proud band of warriors....however, I am the last of my kind. I am a Sheika. I am the Great and Powerful Trixie, the proud Warrior. Our kind has served the kingdom as personal guardians for generations. Peaceful times are drawing to a close. An evil is across the land...I can sense it.” She said. “Come. I will escort you out.” She said, putting one hoof in front of her and showing him the way.

As Link left the castle to go back to the Plains, Spike walked behind him, as if in a trance.

“Wasn’t she the most beautiful thing ever?” He asked. Link sensed there would be a bit of competition. Link rolled his eyes and headed back toward Ponyville.