• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 2,760 Views, 123 Comments

The Gift of Life - hell00001



Celestia and Luna grow up in the relative safety of their home city, Everfree City. However, when they make a discovery of two mysterious artifacts below their parent's study, a series of schemes are set in motion by one malicious villain.

  • ...
4
 123
 2,760

Chapter 7: The New General and the Young Captain

The Gift of Life Chapter 7

Nine months later…

“Aw, do I really have to dress up for this party?” Celestia whined while she stamped her hooves against the tile floor of her bathroom.

“Yes Celestia, you have to," Meadow Free said, taking a brush and gently brushing out the knots and tangles from Celestia’s freshly washed hair. "Your mother wants you to look nice tonight when you meet the Everfree nobility and foreign diplomats from our allies. Even Queen Chrysalis is going to be here as well to attend the ceremony.”

“But why do I have to get dressed up? I have met the nobility other times and I wasn’t wearing anything nice. Technically I wasn’t wearing anything at all.”

“Tonight is a special occasion. It’s a formal party recognizing a new general in our military. Everypony is going to be dressed up to show courtesy towards the guest of honor. It’s only polite if you do the same.”

Celestia pouted, flicked her tail in frustration, and she asked, "Who is the new general again?"

"Her name is Forza," Meadow Free said. "Queen Chrysalis offered her as a gesture of friendship towards your parents. I think it might be because she didn't want to be shown up by Lord Regent Outcry when he presented General Static."

“Ow” Celestia flinched when Meadow Free pulled too hard to free a knot from her hair.

“Sorry, Celestia. Your mane and tail have gotten so long. It’s so beautiful, especially with the pink, but it’s getting to be more and more of a pain in the flank to brush.” Meadow Free chuckled as she finished one last sweep through Celestia’s hair with the brush. “Let’s go get your dress on. C’mon.”

Meadow Free and Celestia left the bathroom and walked back out into the main room where they found Regality trying to fit Luna into a custom made black dress for tonight’s party. Her dress was short, thin, and light so that it hung loosely to her body, allowing her send ripples through the fabric every time she took a step. Celestia giggled a little as she watched her sister squirm against Regality’s deft movements to try and fit the dress perfectly to Luna’s small body.

“What are you giggling at, young filly?” Meadow Free asked as she looked down at Celestia with an evil smile.

“Um, do I really have to wear the dress?” Celestia said as she gave Meadow Free a large, false smile.

“Yes.” Meadow Free said as she picked Celestia up and placed her on top of her bed next to her dress. When Celestia looked over at it, she couldn’t help but acknowledge that it was pretty. It was a light and thin yellow dress that was short like her sister’s. It was decorated with beautiful green vines all along the bottom of the dress and felt very soft to the touch from the silk fabric. She sat back on her haunches and allowed Meadow Free to slip the dress over her head and adjust it so that it was as comfortably set on Celestia as possible. With the finishing touch of a white lily pinned to the right side of her head, she was ready to attend the party tonight.

Luna walked up next to her sister, and together they stood ready for inspection by the two maids. Celestia noticed that Regality had pinned a black bow to behind Luna’s head, as well as tied a ribbon to the end of her tail.

“I think they both look absolutely adorable.” said Regality. She had her wings fully extended.

“I agree," Meadow Free said "The family pictures to be taken tonight are going to look fantastic. Let’s go get ready ourselves.” She looked at the two princesses, and said, “You two are free to go play. Just don’t dirty those dresses up.”

“Don’t worry Meadow Free, we’ll be careful.” Celestia said.

“Yeah, don’t worry Miss Meadow Free!” Luna contributed with a large grin.

The two maids walked off together out of Celestia’s and Luna’s room and back to their quarters, leaving the two princesses with a full forty five minutes left to play before they needed to head down to the party. Luna shook her head back and forth, causing the bow to bounce against her ears.

“What should we do, ‘Tia?” Luna asked while continuing to shake her head.

“I’m not sure, Luna," Celestia said, using her back hoof to kick up the end of her dress. "There isn’t much we can do while we are in these uncomfortable things.”

“We could always play Jenga.” Luna suggested, smiling.

“Oh no, we’re not playing that.”

“You just don’t like it because you always lose.”

“Do not. I just think it is a bad game is all.”

Luna raised herself onto her tip-hoofs and whispered in her sister’s ear, “Loser.”

“Fine! You want a game? You got yourself a game. Go get the blocks and prepare to eat your words, little sister.” Celestia said.

~~~

Celestia’s face was set in a hardened frown as she and Luna along with Meadow Free and Regality made their way down to the party in Everfree’s Gardens.

"I don't get," Celestia mumbled, glaring at Luna. "How could I lose Jenga thirty times in a row? How is that even physically possible?"

“Oh come on you two. It was just a game, Celestia.” she said.

“But she beat me thirty times in a row. Thirty times, Regality!” Celestia said, looking forward with a pouty face.

“Well, you’re just going to have to be content with that for tonight," Regality chuckled. "We have a party to attend, and it wouldn’t be fitting for you to be mad at your sister all night over something like this.”

Celestia groaned as they were coming upon the entrance to the party. One of the Royal Guards was standing at attention next to the archway that led to the Everfree Gardens with a wing wrapped around a spear. His golden armor glimmered from the candles that were lined along the walls leading to the gardens. The guard waved the four ponies through and down the stairs into the party.

When they all reached the foot of the stairs they were stopped by a beautiful Flutterpony dressed in a rather seductive and flowing black dress lined with red embroidery. The dress gave a perfect contrast with the Flutterponies white coat and the red brought out the brilliance of both her front hooves and of her wings, which were also both red. The dress was cut up along her back left leg, allowing a glimpse of her slender flank. Her black mane hung loosely on one side of her head and her deep red eyes had a warmness to them that immediately put Celestia at ease.

“Hello, my little princesses," the Flutterpony said. "My name is Forza. Welcome to my party.”

“Hi Forza, my name is Celestia," Celestia said, speaking very quickly. "This is my sister Luna and these are our two friends Meadow Free and Regality. Wow, you look beautiful tonight. Do all Flutterponies look beautiful?” She only broke eye contact to introduce Luna, Meadow Free, and Regality.

Forza gave a reserved and sincere giggle, and said, “Thank you, Celestia, but I must apologize. I do not understand what you mean with that question.”

“You’re beautiful, Auntie Chrysalis is beautiful, even the two boy Flutterponies that were with Auntie Chrysalis a while ago were beautiful. Do all Flutterponies look beautiful?”

“Oh, you mean does my race all look like me?" Forza asked, rolling her eyes slightly. "I guess you could say we all look similar physically at least. We all have wings and long horns, slender bodies, and colored hooves, but my ponies do not believe in physical beauty. Instead, we believe in the beauty of ones actions and perception.”

Meadow Free stepped forward, and asked, “What do you mean by ones actions and perception?”

“Well, it is a bit of a sensitive subject among Flutterponies, but I am willing to share it with all of you if you are genuinely interested.”

“I’d like to hear about the Flutterponies. We don’t learn all too much about your race here in Equestria.” Regality said.

“So would I” Meadow Free agreed.

“Me too!” Celestia added.

Luna nodded her head.

“Alright, I suggest we all gather a couple of drinks and find a table. This might be a long story.” Forza said. She turned around and started to head off to the bar with Regality following closely behind her. Meadow Free looked down at Celestia and Luna.

“Looks like it is up to us to find a table.” she said.

The two princesses went galloping off towards one of the tables that were near where their mother and father were sitting. They both sat on one of the pillows and then turned towards their parents, giving them a wave. Sol and Galactica smiled and waved back towards their daughters just as Meadow Free took a spot next to Celestia. She leaned over towards the two fillies.

“You should go and say hello to your parents," she whispered. "The line at the bar was long. I’m sure Forza and Regality will be a while.”

Celestia and Luna nodded and left the table, heading over towards their parents. They saw that they were both engaged with a conversation with Queen Chrysalis and High General Bright, and chose to quietly take their place between Sol and Galactica.

“Pardon me, your Grace, but I do not see a reason as to why we should send pegasus scouts all the way to Shimmerwood," High General Bright said cooly. "They would need to cross over a huge mountain range and a massive lake to get to the destination. Wouldn’t this be more suitable for one of Red Hoof Assassins?”

“We are stretched thin on forces as it is, general," Chrysalis replied. "The Flutterponies are not a militaristic race, and therefore we do not have a sizable military that is capable to deal with this disturbance. I am merely asking that you lone us some of your pegasi soldiers so that we may investigate why the animals in Shimmerwood have suddenly began to migrate south into our lands.”

“You can’t even spare a few Flutterponies?

“No," Chrysalis said, twirling a strand of her mane around a hoof, "they are all preoccupied trying to lead the animals out of our lands. Trust me, if I had the pony power to spare I would have already sent a few of my Flutterponies north.”

“Alright, you have your pegasi," Bright said, leaning back slightly in his seat. "I will get four of my fastest fliers tomorrow morning and send them over to the Eternal City so that they can meet with Blackheart.”

Chrysalis allowed a beautiful smile to form on her lips, and she said, “Thank you, High General. Your generosity is much appreciated. We should give this discussion pause, however. It seems like we have some little guests with us.”

Everypony turned to look at both Celestia and Luna, causing Luna to squeak and curl up into a ball next to her mother.

“Hi, Mom and Daddy, Luna and I wanted to come by and say hi to you two.” Celestia said as she gave her father a big hug. Luna did the same to her mother, nuzzling against her soft coat.

“Oh? Where is it that you two are heading off to?” Sol asked, returning the hug and looking down at her daughter.

“General Forza promised Luna, Regality, Meadow Free, and I that she would tell us about the Flutterponies," Celestia replied.

“Is that so?” Queen Chrysalis chimed in. “Well, I wouldn’t trust any other pony besides her to tell the story about our race, although it is a bit sensitive. How did you manage to convince her to tell you?”

“I asked her if all Flutterponies were beautiful and she agreed to tell us everything, Auntie Chrysalis.”

Chrysalis’s wings locked together, and her eyes darted off to the side. “Oh, well, I can see Forza and Regality are coming back. Have fun now.”

Celestia and Luna gave their parents one last hug and then galloped back over to the table where Meadow Free was sitting. Meadow Free was twirling her mane with one of her hooves as the two princesses returned to the table, shortly followed by Forza and Regality. The two mares had brought three mango mojitos for the adults and two hard apple ciders for both Celestia and Luna. Once everypony had settled into the table and taken a few sips of their drinks Forza finally spoke up.

“As I mentioned earlier," Forza began, "we Flutterponies don’t see the attractiveness in the physical traits of a prospective mate. The way that our slender bodies, shimmering wings, and brilliantly colored hooves could entrance a pony or a Night Guard doesn’t have the same effect on us. We see deeper than the outermost parts that make up any creature. There is an essence deep inside any being that manifests itself into something so warm and so inviting that we are attracted to it.

After taking another sip of her drink, Forza twirled the straw around the glass before continuing.

“Imagine you have been walking through a dense forest for days now. The forest canopy shields you from the sun that shines overhead that would normally guide your way. Instead, you are forced to adjust to the darkness that the forest brings and follow the path out as best you can. You begin to feel the gloom the lack of light brings; there is a sense of loneliness and disheartenment.

“Then you see there is a light ahead of you. You can’t quite be sure you believe it but you rush towards it anyways. The prospect of feeling the warmth of the sun upon your face again is too much for you to bear and you desire to see the light you have become to rely on again. You put all of your energy into your legs, sprinting towards the finish line to collect your prize. You burst forth from the forest and gasp upon the sight you behold.

Forza lit up her horn, and a ball of light began to float from the tip of her horn to over the center of the table.

“Before you is a valley filled with meadows of colorful flowers. The flowers range from the deepest blues like the great Eternal Sea to the shining yellows and oranges like the sun that looms overhead you. You look up and embrace in the warmth that touches your face and fills your body with new-found optimism. It is what you have been looking for; what you have been desiring.

“You make your descent into the valley, frolicking your way through the flowers and stopping to take a drink from the crisp, cold stream that comes across your path. The cold beverage sliding down your throat and sends sensual tingles down your spine and you shiver. A dragonfly zips past your face and you catch a glimpse of its shimmering blue body as it reflects off the sun light. You feel as if you have found a haven fit for the afterlife. You feel utter happiness and love.

The ball of light dissipated, and Forza glanced around at everypony.

“And that is what we can feel in every one of you and in our race. It is what we seek for our entire lives. There is an unmatched beauty in love, and it is every Flutterpony’s dream to have that level of affection to be displayed towards us. We want to soak in the warmth of another’s affection given to us. We want to feel the tingle of their touch as they hold us. We want to see the years zip by as we live out our undying love.

“But we will not take what love that isn’t rightfully ours, for if we do, how could we say that we have experienced true love? Love isn’t something that can be created and given at will. It needs to develop and be shared. When one pony is ready to share their love, only then will we take it and give in return.”

Forza finished and hung her head. She had a solemn expression etched onto her face as she slowly twirled the straw in her glass again. Regality laid a hoof over Forza’s shoulder and laid her head against the Flutterpony’s.

“You tell this as if you have heard of it from first hoof experience.” she said.

“I knew a mare once," Forza said, taking another sip of her drink before continuing, "It is not common among our species to perform courtship with the same gender but it is not looked down upon either. Love is love, no matter who it comes from. I do not wish to talk about it.”

“It would not be our place to ask.” Meadow Free said, offering a smile for Forza before pointing towards the Equestrian Fountain. “Oh, look. Queen Galactica is taking the podium. Looks like it is time to give the speeches.”

Celestia watched as her mother strode up to the podium with all of the grace that a queen could give. She turned towards the crowd of ponies that had gathered for the party and all fell silent. She cleared her throat and extended her wings out to their full length.

“Good evening, esteemed guests," Galactica said, her voice gentle. "Tonight we have gathered to celebrate another momentous occasion for the Royal Equestrian Military. Just a week ago, our former General Whitetail died from a sudden heart attack, leaving our military without a leader for the Royal Unicorn Army. Luckily, we were approached by the leader of our close allies and good friends, the Flutterponies, and she presented us with one of her own for a replacement as a gesture of good faith and loyalty to our great nation. We quickly accepted, given that she is more than qualified for the job.”

Queen Galactica paused and looked over at Forza with soft eyes, and said, “I’d like to turn over the podium to Queen Chrysalis. I know she wants to say a few words before we introduce you all to the mare of honor.”

Galactica stepped down from the podium and returned to her seat next to her husband, allowing for Queen Chrysalis to take the stage. The beautiful queen held the silence, gazing across all of the ponies who were seated at the tables or making a stop by the bar. She inhaled.

“Good evening allies; friends," Chrysalis said, her voice mesmerizing as it sang across the lawn. "I would like to say that it has been a pleasure attending this party with all of you. It is always wonderful to see such a pleasant group of individuals gathered on such an occasion to revel in the lives that are being had and the times that are being remembered. Never forget moments such as this and never forget the ones that follow. You are all important to someone.”

Chrysalis paused and then looked over at Forza, offering a smile and showing off her wings. “Forza, if you could take the podium please.”

Forza nodded and left the table, slowly walking to the podium with her wings glimmering off of the lamps on the outermost reaches of the party grounds. Every pony in attendance watched as she took the stage, unable to look away from the sheer amount of beauty that was radiating off of the Flutterpony. As she walked onto the stage on one end, Queen Galactica and King Sol stepped onto the stage at the other end. Forza stopped at the podium and took a deep breath.

“Greetings everypony," Forza said, bowing, "I am Forza, member of the Flutterpony race and former Royal Guard to Queen Chrysalis. I am thankful and humbled that you all have decided to attend my party and as a token of my gratitude I’d like to buy you all a round of drinks. No charge.”

There was a cheer from the crowd and a few ponies clopped their hooves in approval. Forza smiled and continued.

“I’d first like to extend my thanks towards my loving and beautiful queen, Queen Chrysalis," Forza extended a hoof towards Chrysalis, and waited for another round of applause to die down. "When I was but a young filly my parents left me alone to live my last wretched moments in one of the many forests that fills our home, the Eternal Valley. They had no way to care for me as they could barely care for themselves. When I thought I was going to die it was she who found me and took me in. She raised me, trained me, fed me, and loved me to become one of her personal Royal Guards. I surpassed all of her expectations thanks to her. If I may say, Chrysalis was more of a mother to me than my own mother ever was."

Queen Chrysalis visibly smiled at Forza, and nodded her head for Forza to continue.

“Now, I’d like to extend my thanks to my new king and queen, King Sol and Queen Galactica. They have gifted upon me a rank that is of no small responsibility. I am to be in control of the entire Royal Unicorn Army. I will need to make decisions, train the troops, and ensure that moral is as high as it could be. I will not say that this is no daunting task, it is, but it is a task I believe I can accomplish with the help of ponies like yourselves. Your leaders have put me into a position of power and I want to extend my condolence to you all: I will not fail any of you.”

There were a few cheers and clops, causing Forza to pause her speech before moving on to its last segment.

“And finally, I’d like to extend my thanks to two wonderful and adorable princesses who have joined us tonight. They each have expressed compassion and interest in matters you would think would be above fillies of their age, and in doing so have shown me that I have become part of a wonderful family here at Everfree Castle. We are all lucky that we can look forward to a long and glorious rule under these two royal sisters. Please give a round of applause for Celestia and Luna!”

A loud cheer erupted and Celestia looked around to see that all of the ponies from the party were all clopping their hooves for both her and her sister. She blushed slightly, and looked down see that Luna was scared out of her mind, huddling up next to her sister and burying her face into Celestia’s wing. Celestia extended a leg around Luna and gave her a comforting hug until the round of applause died down. Forza stepped away from the podium to allow King Sol a chance to speak.

“I’d like to take this time to present the mare of honor with the rank of general," he said "If everypony may rise.”

Everypone rose to their hooves and gave their full attention to the ponies up on stage. King Sol stepped away from the podium and stood in front of Forza with Queen Chrysalis and Queen Galactica flanking him on either side. Forza bowed her head low in respect, and then started up at her king who stood almost a head taller than her.

“Forza, do you take a solemn vow to uphold your duties and defend this nation of Equestria, along with its lands, its cities, and its citizens, with your very life?” Sol asked.

“I do.” Forza responded.

“And do you vow lead your troops in an ethical and timely matter befit for the integrity of this nation?”

“I do.”

“And lastly, do you vow to defend the King and Queen of Equestria with your life when called upon to do so?”

“I do.”

“Then I, King Sol, King of Equestria, Defender of Liberty and Life, Essence of the Stars and Planets, Father to Celestia and Luna, do hereby declare you, Forza, to be a General of the Equestrian Military and are given full command of the Royal Unicorn Army. Does my Royal Lady approve?”

“I do” Queen Galactica said.

King Sol nodded and then levitated a box that had been brought up by one of the many ponies who had been catering for the party. He opened the box, presenting the badge worn by an Equestrian general and also the badge worn by the general for the Royal Unicorn Army. Forza grabbed hold of both badges with her magic and then pinned them to her dress on either side of her neck.

“You are now officially a general of the Equestrian Military. Congratulations, General Forza.” Sol finished.

An enormous cheer erupted from the party goers. Ponies of all colors, sizes, and age clopped their hooves together, stopped their hooves on the ground, or cheered wildly for the new general of their military. Forza stepped for to the podium once again and waited for everypony to quiet down.

“Thank you, everypony," Forza exclaimed. "May the festivities commence!”

~~~

It had been an hour since Forza received her badges to be the general of the RUA and the family pictures had been taken. Celestia was sitting at the table she had first grabbed when the party started. Next to her was Luna, who was curled up into a ball and fast asleep even amongst the noise that the party goers were able to create. They had managed to make a dance floor in the middle of the party area by clearing the space of tables and pillows, and were now dancing to music that was being played surprisingly loud by the live orchestra. Celestia gave a sigh and was about to head back to her room when she was suddenly tapped on the shoulder by another pony.

Celestia turned, and she came face to face with the Captain of the Royal Everfree Guard. He was the youngest pony to ever be accepted to be a Royal Guard captain, taking the position only a month ago at the age of sixteen. Like the rest of the Royal Everfree Guard he had a pale white coat. The only difference was that that was his natural coat color and not a magically enchanted suit of armor to disguise the true color of a Royal Guard. Both his mane and tail were a messy tangle of red and orange that blended very well together and went well with his very dark orange eyes. Instead of the regular armor he always wore he was dressed in a very formal suit fitted to shape to his body and allow his wings as much flexibility as possible.

“Oh, hello Captain Firemane.” Celestia said.

“Hello, princess. You look a little lonely sitting at this table," Firemane said, and he gestured over toward King Sol and Queen Galactica. "Why don’t you join in on the dancing? I can see that your mother and father are having quite a bit of fun.”

Both of her parents were dancing to a quick sort of tune, twisting each other about and sliding around the dance floor as if they both should have had a cutie mark in dancing to reflect their dancing abilities. Celestia grinned as she saw her father swing her mother around and then pull her into a quick peck on the lips. Other ponies had started to form a circle around them, content on watching the king and queen dance.

“I’m not really a good dancer," Celestia said quietly, turning back to look at Firemane. "I never took lessons or cared to try myself. I’m not sure how I’ll do or if I’ll embarrass myself.”

“Is that so?" Firemane asked, grinning. "Well, I could always teach you. I know one or two moves myself.”

“Well, I…” Celestia began.

“No, you’re going to learn. What’s a princess if she doesn’t know how to dance?”

“Alright, fine.”

Celestia got to her hooves slowly and gently, careful not to wake her sister while she slept, and then trotted off with Firemane to the dance floor. When they were at the edge, he turned around and offered a hoof towards the princess.. She took his hoof and he pulled her closer to him, placing one hoof around her neck while she did the same to him.

“Alright, now, just follow what I do," Captain Firemane said, starting to rock back and forth to gently get Celestia to follow his motions. "Try to flow with my movements like how water flows through a curve in a river.”

Celestia started to get the hang of the captain’s rocking, and soon she was swaying with him back and forth without the need for his encouragement anymore. The captain then began to lead Celestia through a series of steps, spinning them ninety degrees and then stepping back a few steps. This continued on and on until Celestia had finally gotten the hang of what the captain had been teaching her. Together they moved fluidly with the beat, rocking along with the way the music flowed and taking repetitive steps as if they were inscribing four circles inside a square.

When the song ended both Celestia and Firemane pulled from the embrace and looked each other. Before Celestia could say anything, however, there was a series of clopping and a few cheers all around the two. When the two ponies looked around, they found that they had been surrounded by the party goers and all of them were congratulating the pair on their performance. Celestia’s cheeks turned a bright red, and her wings clung tightly to her sides.

“That was fantastic, Celestia!" Galactica exclaimed, and Celestia spun around to face her mother. "I had no idea you could dance quite like that.” .

“I uh… You sa… Did you all watch me?” Celestia stuttered.

“Yes, of course. And I must say, you dance better than most full grown mares I know.”

Celestia and Firemane both walked up to Galactica, causing the circle to disperse and allow the party goers to return to dancing to the next quick tune that had come up. She pawed her hoof at the ground, her cheeks still flushed with crimson.

“It was my first time dancing," Celestia said. "You really should be congratulating Captain Firemane, he’s the one who managed to teach me so quickly.”

“I believe it was you who learned so quickly, my lady. I was surprised to find myself sometimes being guided through movements that I have practiced since I was a little colt.” Firemane spoke up, looking at Celestia with a pair of soft eyes. Celestia gazed back. She felt a tingling inside her chest and she smiled

“Thank you, Captain. Your words are kind.” Celestia said softly.

Firemane bowed at that, and then turned to look at Galactica, and said, “Well, I must be taking my leave, my ladies. There are a few things I must attend to with the night watch and I do not wish to leave them waiting any longer than they have to. This was a wonderful party, my queen.”

He then turned and looked at Celestia and gave another deep bow before saying, “And I hope to see you soon, my princess. Perhaps I can show you a few more moves later?”

“If you could please!" Celestia said. "I would love to learn more about how to dance.”

“Since you are just so adorable when you are enthusiastic, I’ll get back to you as quickly as I can when we can have some more dance lessons.” Firemane said with a smile.

Once he had departed, Galactica turned to look at her daughter with a huge smirk on her face, and asked, “He sure is a nice stallion, is he not?”

“Oh yes, he is so nice!" Celestia quickly said. "I was about to go back up to my room with Luna when he showed up.”

Galactica chuckled. “Well, I believe now would be a good time to do that. It is getting a bit late after all and Luna is still fast asleep. Why don’t you take her up to your room?”

“What about Regality?” Celestia asked.

“I think both her and Meadow Free have their hooves tied up at the moment” her mother said as she nodded her head towards a particular section of the dance floor. Celestia noticed that Regality had managed to pull one of the guards from his watch onto the dance floor, while Meadow Free was dancing another very well dressed stallion.

“Oh, well, I guess I’ll take Luna up to bed," Celestia said. "Goodnight Mother!”

“Goodnight Celestia, sleep well.”

~~~

Author's Note:

Alright, so I was expecting this chapter to turn into some 10,000 word thing being that I intended to give a brief history about the entire Flutterpony race, not just what their values on love are(important to remember, as is probably everything else >.< sorry). The only reason why I didn't is because I realized the day was Sunday and I wanted to get this chapter out by Monday so I wouldn't be keeping you guys waiting too long. I hope you enjoyed it still.

Get ready for the next chapter: Chapter 8: A Personal Summer Solstice

Edit: I also switched out the tragedy tag for the romance tag based upon relevance of this particular story, there are going to be (hopefully) two more parts after this. Remember what tragedy means, it is a composition of a serious or somber theme of a character who has a conflict or downfall!