• Published 2nd May 2023
  • 1,346 Views, 142 Comments

A Dragon's New Home - Mister E-Nonymous



Aaron and Smolder are back for more. This time, in a new house and they are gonna start at a new school. But the principal of the school wants all his students to focus only on tests and not other things. What will Aaron and Smolder do about it?

  • ...
5
 142
 1,346

Chapter 23: Catrina Got Your Tongue

Chapter 23: Catrina Got Your Tongue


Morning rose over the Hawaiian Islands. The plane that had Aaron, the Young 6 and Marissa were all asleep in first class. All of them had blankets over them with some help from the stewardess.

Smolder was starting to wake up. She looked around and saw sunlight coming in from the window. She then uncovered herself and headed for the window. She saw the Hawaiian Islands coming in closer. Then a voice came from the PA system.

"Good morning passengers, this is your captain speaking. We are approaching our destination, Daniel K Inouye International Airport in Honolulu, Hawaii. Everyone, strap in as we make our descent."

Smolder then got back into her seat and buckled up. The turning of the plane started to wake up the rest of the group. The airplane landed at the airport, and eventually, they all got off the plane.

"Alright, who's hungry?" Marissa asked. "If you're gonna go into battle, you might as well get a good breakfast."

"She's got a point," Gallus said. "Can't go into battle with an empty stomach."

"We'll head out to the nearest IHOP, have breakfast, book a hotel, and then you kids will save the world," Marissa said. "Just be careful out there."

"Hey, it might be even more difficult," Aaron said. "Catrina is most likely not as big as Ragnarok. But it also means that she's gonna be more difficult to even make contact with."

"When we get there, don't eat too much," Marissa said. "We don't want any of you kids be lethargic, do we?"

"She's got a good point," Ocellus said. "If we eat too much, we're gonna be too exhausted to even touch Catrina."

"So what do we order?" Gallus asked.


Somewhere in the mountains of Oahu, in a cave, there was a cauldron over a burning fire, and a grim, green liquid in it. There were glowing, green cat eyes over the cauldron.

"So, they have returned," Catrina's voice came from where the eyes were. "So they're coming to me now? Those foolish young creatures. They're gonna regret trying to even come for me, for I will have their magic, and I shall return to Equestria so I can resume what I was destined to do. All the magic of Equestria will be mine. Meow-hahahahahaha!" She was coming into view, revealing herself.

"Beware, Equestria," Catrina said. "Catrina is coming back. Meow-hahahahahaha!"


A couple hours passed since they arrived at the airport. Aaron and the Young 6, back in their Equestrian forms, were walking up a pathway to the mountain area of the island of Hawaii. Aaron was on the phone as they were all walking up the path.

"We're gonna be okay, Aunt Marissa," Aaron said. "We've been through worse. Well, for me, it was Ragnarok, but you get the gist of it."

"This is so amazing," Sandbar said, looking around. "You all spent the holidays here? Lucky."

"Yona never seen somewhere so amazing!" Yona said, looking around as well. "Too bad yaks live in cold mountains back home."

"Didn't you choose to stay in Ponyville?" Smolder asked.

"Yona visits Yakyakistan when Yona gets time off," Yona responded.

"Okay, we'll see ya when we see ya," Aaron said. He then hung up the phone using the stylus he had. "Okay, if we get Catrina taken down as fast as possible, we'll able to enjoy the rest of the week here in Hawaii."

"We're spending Spring Break here?" Smolder asked.

"Yeah," Aaron said. "After all, we're all great friends."

"You know it, man," Sandbar said. He then looked back towards the ocean and got a big whiff of the ocean breeze. "Wow. That is such a beautiful place. I can't believe you all spent the holidays here."

"Gallus was invited," Smolder said. She then pointed towards Silverstream and Ocellus. "These two decided to surprise us for the holidays."

"And apparently, they were on the same plane as famous actor, Kevin Bacon," Aaron said. He then looked down the path the seven of them were walking up and saw a teenage girl and her little sister. "Looks like we have some company." The Young 6 looked towards the two human girls.

"Is it alright if my sister gets a picture with you guys?" the teenage girl asked. Aaron looked towards the Young 6, who all nodded.

"Get in here," Aaron said. Then the little girl came up to Aaron and the Young 6 as the teenage girl got out her phone and took a picture of all eight of them.

"Got it," the teenage girl said. "Let's go, Sierra." Then the little girl ran over to her sister and they headed off down the path. Then Aaron and the Young 6 continued going up the path.

"Still not used to being famous in this world," Ocellus said. "Even though we saved this world from Ragnarok and played basketball against the Harlem Globetrotters."

"Yeah," Gallus said. "Although, Aaron was the first one of this world to actually meet us in our world."

"And then I was made to be this jade dragon of an ancient Dragon Land Prophecy," Aaron said. "But, it worked out in the end."

"Ragnarok was no match for your brain, dude," Gallus said. "You threw him at that nuclear missile that was coming right at us."

"So glad that idiot general got fired," Smolder said.

Aaron held out his arms saying, "Hold it. Listen." They all stood there, listening for something. But then, they heard the sound of a woman's wicked laughter. But it had a bit of a cat's meow at the beginning. "She's nearby." Just then, some vines came in and snatched all of them, making them hang by their hind legs.

"Whoa!" they all yelled.

Smolder and sighed and asked, "Got any more bright ideas?"

"Not really," Aaron said. "Let's just... hang around." That made the others groan in annoyance. "Too soon?"

"Yes!" the Young 6 nearly shouted.

"I deserved that..." Aaron said.


Later, Aaron and the Young 6 were locked up in an enchanted steel cage, hanging over a cauldron, in a cave, lit up by torches. Yona was pinning the rest of them to the other side of the cage, having their legs hanging over the bottom of the cage.

"Well, this wasn't how I was planning to sneak up on this witch," Aaron said.

"Meow-hahahahaha!" came the laughter of Catrina. The group looked towards the voice and saw Catrina, wearing a cloak, her eyes glowing from the hood. "Did you foolish young creatures honestly believe you could sneak up on me? Catrina?" She then removed the robe, revealing what she looked like.

"Whoa," Aaron said. "To be honest, that was not how I expected you to look."

"Quiet you pesky..." Catrina said. She then got a whiff. "Wait a minute. You're a human born creature? How?"

"Long story," Aaron said. "It involves Ragnarok the Reaper."

"I should have known that legend was true," Catrina said. "And now, I'm seeing a bunch of different creatures here. We got a couple of dragons, a pony, a yak, a griffon, some kind of... bird pony..." That comment made Silverstream furrow her eyebrows. "...and... a changeling? I thought they were the bad guys."

"New leadership," Ocellus said. "Now the changelings live in peace with all the other species of Equestria."

"Whatever," Catrina said. "I've got to prepare my special magic draining potion in this cauldron here. You young ones just... hang around. Meow-hahahahaha!" She then headed off to another part of the cave, closing a door behind her.

"Well, we're screwed," Gallus said.

"What are we gonna do?" Silverstream asked.

"Ocellus, can you try to get out of here and get the key?" Aaron asked.

"I can't," Ocellus said. "This cage is enchanted. It's blocking my changeling magic. I can't shapeshift."

"I was almost expecting to go out with a bang," Smolder said.

"You called?!" came Dang's voice from the entrance of the cave. Then the seven young creatures all screamed at Dang's sudden appearance.

"Actually, I said 'Bang', not 'Dang'," Smolder said.

"Okay," Dang said. "My apologies. I will go now."

"No wait!" Sandbar said. "We need to get out of this cage. Can you get us out?"

"No problem," Dang said, appearing next to the cage suddenly, dressed up as a construction worker with his name tag on the strap. Then the seven young creatures screamed. "I can get you out with this cutoff tool. I might as well start with the yak." He then used the tool to cut the cage. Luckily, the tool didn't break until the last bar was cut open, and Yona could get out.

"Whoa!" Yona said, falling out of the cage, out of the cauldron. "Yona free!"

"Alright, let's get out of here," Gallus said. He then headed for the opening of the cage and went through. When they all got out of the cage, Catrina came back through the door.

"What's going on out here?!" Catrina called out. She then noticed the Young 6 out of the cage and gasped. "You escaped?! How?"

"You're not as smart as you think you are," Aaron said, smirking.

"Dang," Catrina said.

"You called?!" Dang asked, appearing behind Catrina, back in his normal attire. Catrina shrieked like a cat, being surprised by Dang's sudden appearance.

"Let's take this witch down," Aaron said. Then they all charged at Catrina. Catrina tried using her magic from the vial that was tied around her neck, but Gallus and Silverstream grabbed Catrina's arms, and Yona rammed into her, sending her back to the other room, the door being broken as she collided through it. The vial she had was off of her and on the floor. Aaron noticed it and said, "That vial is the source of her power."

Smolder then grabbed it and said, "Then let's smash it." She then tried slamming it into the ground, but it didn't even break. "What?"

"Meow-hahahahaha!" Catrina laughed. "Did you honestly believe I didn't think of enchanting my special vial? Oh, no. I enchanted it before I was banished to this world long ago. You foolish young ones. I will have your magic!"

Smolder then looked around at what Catrina had in the cave, thinking of what to do with the vial. She then saw the cauldron. She then smirked and said, "So, the vial can't be smashed. But can it take the heat from your cauldron?"

"What?!" Catrina asked, shocked. "No! Don't you dare!" Smolder then threw the vial into the cauldron. After the vial was thrown in, the eerie green liquid inside started to turn red, and started to boil a lot more. "No! You fool! You doomed us all!"

"Let's get out of here!" Sandbar shouted.

"Hang on," Smolder said, flying towards Catrina. "Time to handle one last thing!" She then grabbed Catrina by the arms, and threw her into the Cauldron.

"No! No! Meow!!" Catrina shouted as she was going into the cauldron. Then Aaron, the Young 6 and Dang ran out of the cave. The cave then let out an explosion from the cauldron, but Aaron, the Young 6 and Dang weren't going to get away from the explosion in time.

"Well, this isn't good," Ocellus said. Then the seven young ones came together in a circle, hugging each other. "I love you guys." Then they all closed their eyes, waiting for the explosion, but the explosion never collided with them.

"You should look where I brought you," Dang said. Aaron and the Young 6 looked around and saw that they were at the beach near the hotel they were staying at. And yes, it was Aulani.

"Dang!" Aaron and the Young 6 said in unison and amazement.

"You called?" Dang asked, appearing in the middle of them, making the seven of them scream. Then the seven of them started laughing.

"So, destroying the source of Catrina's power was her weakness," Gallus said. "I almost thought she was gonna end up dying by touching water, just like in that movie, the Wizard of Oz."

"You know what, I was almost expecting that, too," Aaron said. He then noticed that Dang was gone. "Huh. Guess he left. Oh, well, how about we get back to the hotel and enjoy spring break?"

"SPRING BREAK!!" the Young 6 all said in unison. Then the seven of them headed towards the hotel, all changing into their human forms. Just then, Dang was walking back to that spot, carrying two carriers that had four snow cones each.

"Who wants snow cones?" Dang asked. He then looked around to see no one else there. "Huh. Where'd they go? Oh well. More snow cones for me." He then walked away, eating one of the snow cones.


Back in Equestria, in Canterlot Castle, Twilight was viewing Aaron and the Young 6 with a viewing spell from the Throne Room. She was joined by Spike, the rest of the Mane 6, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

"So, they have defeated Catrina," Princess Celestia said. "I was wondering how long it would have taken for her final defeat."

"All this time, I thought I was protecting them from a villain no creature could truly defeat," Twilight said. "But instead, I was pulling what Star Swirl was doing when Ragnarok was still alive."

"Yeah, ya definitely messed up there, Twi," Applejack stated.

"Yeah, Twi," Rainbow Dash said. "So, you messed up. Big deal. We all mess up from time to time."

"Some more than others," Rarity added. Some of them laughed at what Rarity said.

Twilight sighed and said, "I'll contact them. They should... be congratulated. And I... deserve to give them an apology." She then saw the book that Gallus had to communicate with Aaron, and opened it up. "Let's just see if they're in a listening mood."

Author's Note:

Well, Catrina's taken care of. How do we conclude this story? Just wait and see.