• Published 2nd May 2023
  • 1,346 Views, 142 Comments

A Dragon's New Home - Mister E-Nonymous



Aaron and Smolder are back for more. This time, in a new house and they are gonna start at a new school. But the principal of the school wants all his students to focus only on tests and not other things. What will Aaron and Smolder do about it?

  • ...
5
 142
 1,346

Chapter 11: Descendants: The Middle School Play

Chapter 11: Descendants: The Middle School Play


At school, the students were getting into their final dress rehearsal. Aaron was dressed up as Ben in his final outfit for the play, and Smolder was dressed up as Mal in her final dress. Although, Smolder had to have her hair styled up for the final outfit.

"Alright, students," came Mr. O'Connell's voice, coming from behind the curtains. "This is our final dress rehearsal before the performance tomorrow night. Let's make this one count." He then went towards the edge of the stage and jumped off. He then took one of the seats. "Okay, let's start off with the last scene before the final dance. Aaron, your character, Ben, and his parents, along with most of the other cast are still frozen after Maleficent froze all the people around her and Fairy Godmother is about to unfreeze everyone. Everyone, into positions." Then all the students got into position with Smolder, Maddie, Kyle and another student, Thomas, standing next to each other, looking at Emma, who was playing Fairy Godmother. "And... action."

"What just happened?" Maddie asked as her role as Evie.

"I have no idea," Smolder responded as Mal.

"Did you do it?" Maddie asked.

"I don't know," Smolder responded.

Emma walked up to the group and, in character, said to them, "No, no, no, no. Your mother did. She shrank to the size of the love in her heart. That's why It's so itty-bitty."

"Is she gonna be like that forever?" Smolder asked.

"Well, forever is a long time," Emma said. "You learned to love. So can she."

Smolder then handed Emma the prop wand to Emma, saying, "I believe this belongs to you."

Emma then took the prop ring off of the prop wand and said, "And I believe this... belongs to you." She then put the ring on Smolder's ring finger. "You all have earned yourselves an "A" in goodness class." Smolder, Maddie, Jay and Thomas then got into a group hug. Emma then wave the prop wand. "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!" Then everyone started moving, and Aaron roared while running towards the group, but Smolder stopped him.

"Okay, okay!" Smolder said, holding Aaron back. "Oh! We kinda got this all wrapped up here."

"Oh... yeah, let's go," said a student playing Ben's father, Beast.

Aaron then grabbed Smolder as she said, "Oh!"

"Next time, I rescue you, okay?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah," Smolder said, smirking. "Let's not let there be a next time, okay?" She then noticed something. She saw Emma talking with another student, Abby. "I will be right back." She then walked over to Emma and Abby.

"I love you," Emma said to Abby. "But you are on a major time-out."

Smolder walked up to the two and said, "Don't be too hard on Jane. I was the one who put all that crazy stuff in her head." She then looked at Abby. "You are beautiful... Inside and out. Your mom got that right."

"I guess I did get pretty lucky in the mother department," Abby said, smiling.

"Yeah, I guess so," Smolder said. She then noticed two more students dressed as Auradonian Guards, picking up something. "Hey!" Smolder then walked over towards the two. "Careful! That's my mom!"

Then Kyle, Maddie and Thomas walked over towards Smolder, and Kyle said, "Well, let's get this party started!"

"Ohayohay, hey," the four of them sung in unison.

"Cut!" Mr. O'Connell called out. "Perfect! You all did it perfectly!" He then looked at Smolder. "Especially you, Samantha! You've made the best lead actress role I've seen so far."

"Thank you," Smolder responded.

"Okay, everyone," Mr. O'Connell said. "Everyone out of those costumes. We need to save them for tomorrow night, and the next two nights after."

"Oh, yeah," Aaron said. "We need to be prepared for the performances over the weekend."

"And with Miley Brands gone, we're actually gonna get amazing reviews," Kyle said.

"You said it," Mr. O'Connell said. "So, everyone, head on home. We've got a play to perform."


Smolder and Marissa were doing some hot yoga that night. Smolder was still in human form, and dressed in her yoga outfit.

"So the play starts tomorrow night?" Marissa asked.

"That's right," Smolder said. "And with Miley gone, I've got the lead actress role. Although, throughout every Disney movie that the heroes and villains had, most of the villains ended up dead, and yet, somehow, they're alive in the Descendants universe."

"I guess you're right," Marissa said. "Maleficent, Evil Queen, Jafar, Ursula, Gaston, even Dr. Facilier. Cruella De Vil didn't die, along with Captain Hook, Smee, and the Tremaines."

"Some people would want a villain's return, I guess," Smolder said. "Like how certain villains returned in Equestria. Discord, Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek, even Cozy Glow."

Aaron walked in, carrying two water bottles, saying, "I still wonder how Cozy ended up as a villain in the first place."

"I guess we'll find out some day," Smolder said.

"Alright, Smolder," Marissa said. "That's enough yoga for the day. You still have to do your homework."

"I actually completed most of my homework during lunch today," Smolder said. "Aaron thought the sooner we do it, the more time we have to get ready for the play."

Marissa looked towards Aaron and asked," You told her that?"

"Better to do it sooner than later," Aaron said.

"Good call," Marissa said. "Alright, go finish up, and then get yourself bathed." Smolder nodded and headed for the bedroom area as Marissa turned off the space heater. Marissa then looked at Aaron and asked, "You think your friends back in Equestria would be interested in seeing this play?"

"Only one way to find out," Aaron said. He then headed out of there and he went up to his room to get the book to keep in contact with Gallus.


The next morning, after dropping off Aaron and Smolder at school, Marissa was waiting for something while she was sitting on the living room couch. Just then, she heard the portal whirling from behind the closed door that led to Smolder's apartment. She then walked over towards the door and saw Aaron and Smolder's friends from Equestria. Gallus, Sandbar, Silverstream and Yona were wearing the special pendants to disguise themselves as humans while they were in their true forms.

"So, I hear that Aaron and Smolder's school play is starting tonight, huh?" Gallus asked.

"We have a few hours until the play starts," Marissa said. "We might as well make some time until then." Just then, the sound of a toilet flushing came to their attention. Marissa rounded the corner to see Garble coming out of Smolder's bathroom.

"I still don't understand why you non-dragons have those," Garble said. "We dragons just do our business in a small pool of lava."

"Yeah... Garble insisted on coming," Ocellus said.

"Well, I won't have room in the car for all of you for the return trip," Marissa said.

"Well, what are we gonna do?" Gallus asked. "Have Ocellus to change into a smaller creature for the ride home?"

"I don't think I can handle all the motion during the drive," Ocellus said.

"She has a point," Silverstream said. "I don't think it's wise to have anything in a moving vehicle unsecured." Then there was a knock on the door in Aaron and Marissa's part of the house. The Equestrians, except Ocellus, tapped their magical pendants, turning themselves into humans. Ocellus then transformed into her human form using her changeling magic.

Marissa then walked over towards the door in her and Aaron's part of the house, opened it up, and there stood Liam.

"Liam," Marissa said. "What a surprise." Ocellus looked in through the door and gasped.

Ocellus looked back towards the group and said, "It's that police man from when Aaron, Smolder and Marissa moved into this house."

"Oh, that's right," Gallus said. "Aaron said that his aunt and that cop are dating." Then Marissa and Liam walked into Smolder's living room. "Hey, Miss Blazer."

"Gallus, it's okay," Marissa said. "I told him about all of you."

"Seriously?" Gallus, Sandbar, Ocellus, Silverstream, Yona and Garble asked in unison.

"Yes," Liam said. "In fact, Aaron and Smolder were the first to know that I knew. Anyway, I heard you're all wanting to go to the play that Aaron and Smolder are staring in."

"Yeah, but apparently, there's not enough room for all of us to be in the return trip from their school, even with Aaron and Smolder in the car," Silverstream said.

"I can help with that," Liam said. He then looked at Garble. "You can have a ride in my car."

"Well, at least my sister will have a ride," Garble said. "Alright. So, when does the play start?"


Back at Summer Valley Middle School, people were walking into the school, heading for the school auditorium. People were getting seats. Meanwhile, backstage, Smolder was getting her hair wet with a towel wrapped around her shoulders. One woman was brushing her hair down and styling it the way that Mal had it in Descendants.

"Thank you," Smolder said. She then took the towel off her shoulders and then she put on the jacket for her first scene. Aaron then walked up to Smolder, wearing the first outfit he was going to wear in the first scene, which was a suit that was in the process of being tailored.

"Hey, Samantha," Aaron said, getting Smolder's attention.

"What is it, Aaron?" Smolder asked.

"Marissa and Liam have brought our friends and your brother to watch the play," Aaron said.

"What?!" Smolder asked. She then headed for the curtain and peaked through it, seeing all the people walking in. Then she saw Ocellus, Silverstream, Yona and Marissa walking towards some seats. "Okay, looks like the girls are there. But where are my brother, Gallus, Sandbar and Liam?"

"Probably getting snacks for the play," Aaron said. "Hopefully, Garble doesn't ask for some gems." Smolder snickered at that comment.

"Alright, everyone!" came Mr. O'Connell's voice. "Places! Everyone, get to your places in the first scene. Aaron, get ready."

"You got it, Mr. O'Connell," Aaron said. Smolder then looked back through the curtain to see Garble, Sandbar, Gallus and Liam heading over towards where the others were, all of them were carrying buckets of popcorn. Liam and Garble were carrying a drink holder with four drinks each. Mr. O'Connell then pushed Smolder back towards the sides before he walked out the curtains towards the middle of the front of the stage.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the first performance of the Summer Valley Middle School play, Descendants," Mr. O'Connell said. "We're so glad to have all of you support the theatrical arts. Our students have put so much hard work into setting up this school play. Hopefully, they won't get confused for the actual actors who played them in the Disney Channel movie. In fact, we actually have two actresses from that movie here right now. Give a hand to Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson." Then the people started applying as Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson walked up on stage.

"Hello, everyone," Dove Cameron said. "It's such a pleasure to be here. I just hope that the girl who plays my character, Mal, does almost as well as I did."

"My character as well," Sofia Carson said. "Alright, let's see how well this play goes."

"Alright, let's get started," Mr. O'Connell said as Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson left the stage. "By certain scenes, I know some of you will be saying 'Dang'."

"You called?!" Dang asked, appearing next to Mr. O'Connell. Then everyone screamed. Just then, another Dang appeared opening the curtains in the middle. "Hey! Start the play!" Then everyone, including Dang at the front of the stage screamed at the second Dang. Then another Dang appeared, sitting behind Gallus in the seats. "Hey! Stop screaming and start the play! Sheesh!" This time, no one screamed as everyone looked back towards the stage as the lights started dimming.

Then there was Smolder's voice coming from the speakers. The stagehands had already recorded Smolder's voice for certain lines that she couldn't say on stage.

"Once upon a time, long, long ago... well, more like 20 years ago... Belle married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Big cake. Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected king of the United States of Auradon. He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks... basically all the really interesting people... and he booted them off to the Isle of the Lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. This is my hood. No magic. No Wi-Fi. No way out. Or so I thought. Hang on, you're about to meet us. But first, this happened."

Then the curtains started rising, showing Aaron standing on a small platform with another student measuring him with a tape ruler. Then the two students playing Belle and Beast came in from the left side of the stage.

"'How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month?'" "Beast" asked. "'You're just a baby!'"

"'He's turning 16, dear'," "Belle" said.

"'Hey, pops,'" Aaron said in character.

"'16? That's far too young to be crowned king,'" "Beast" said. "'I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42.'"

"'Uh, you decided to marry me at 28,'" "Belle" responded, smugly. The crowd quietly laughed.

"'Uh, it was either you or a teapot,'" "Beast" responded, making Aaron laugh and giving "Belle" an angry expression. "'Kidding'."

"'Mom, Dad...'" Aaron said, making the tailor annoyed that he was moving. He then moved Aaron's body back to how it was, but Aaron kept moving. "'I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance... to live here in Auradon." "Belle" and "Beast" looked surprised at Aaron. "'Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned.'"

"'The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?'" "Beast" asked.

"'We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most,'" Aaron said. "'I've already chosen them.'"

"'Have you?'" "Beast" asked.

"'I gave you a second chance,'" "Belle" said, looking at "Beast". She then turned to look at Aaron. "'Who are their parents?'"

Aaron then listed off the names of the four villains. "'Cruella De Vil... Jafar... Evil Queen...'" He then let out a breath. "'And Maleficent'." That made the tailor yelp in shock.

"'Maleficent! She is the worst villain in the land!'" "Beast" nearly shouted.

"'Dad, just hear me out here!'" Aaron said before being cut off.

"'I won't hear of it,'" "Beast" responded, angrily. "'They are guilty of unspeakable crimes.'"

"'Dad, their children are innocent'," Aaron said, making "Beast" go silent. "'Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?'" "Belle" then put a hand on "Beast's" arm, making him rethink.

"Beast" then turned around and said, "'I suppose their children are innocent.'"

"'Well done,'" "Belle" said. Then she and "Beast" turned around, facing the left side of the stage. "'Shall we?'" Then they all started walking off the stage as the lights on the stage started dimming. In the dark, the stagehands started changing the stage for the next scene, which would be Smolder's first scene, singing the song "Rotten to the Core".


It had taken almost an hour into the play, and the performance was going off okay. The play was currently where Mal and Ben were going off on their first date in the forest by the enchanted lake. They were sitting on a picnic blanket with a bunch of picnic food around them.

"'Is this your first time?'" Aaron asked as Smolder was eating something.

"'Mm... We don't really date much on the island,'" Smolder said after finishing the bite she took. "'It's more like... Gang activity.'"

"'Um, I meant, is this your first time eating a jelly donut?'" Aaron asked.

"'Is it bad?'" Smolder asked. She had some jelly on the edge of her mouth.

Aaron then used a napkin to rub off the jelly off of Smolder's mouth. "'There you go.'" He then rubbed his hands. "'You know, I've done all the talking. Your turn. I really don't know that much about you. Tell me something."

"'Well, I'm 16. I'm an only child. And I've only ever lived in one place,'" Smolder responded.

"'Me, too,'" Aaron responded. "'That... we have so much in common already.'"

"'No. Trust me, we do not,'" Smolder said. "'And now you're gonna be king.'"


The play had reached the final scene. After finishing up the coronation, the cast of the play sang the song "Set it Off", and were dancing to it as well. After finishing up, Smolder was undressing from her costume, and was about to get back in her normal attire. Just then, there was a knocking on her dressing room door.

"Hang on, Aaron," Smolder said. "I'm not decent."

"It ain't Aaron," came the voice of Dove Cameron. Smolder was surprised to hear Dove Cameron. Smolder then finished dressing up, and then she walked over towards the door. She opened it and outside her dressing room was both Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson.

"Whoa," Smolder said. "Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson. I'm actually surprised that two cast members of the actual movie are actually here... in my school... in my dressing room."

"Yeah, Dove and I have heard that this school has been setting up a play version of a movie we've done together," Sofia Carson said. "Although, your voice."

"What about my voice?" Smolder asked.

"I don't mean to be rude, but you sound... exactly like that orange girl dragon from My Little Pony," Sofia Carson said.

Smolder just smirked and said, "You have no idea."

"Well, congrats on playing my character amazingly well," Dove Cameron said. "Hope to see you again." Then she and Sofia Carson started walking out of the dressing room as Aaron was walking in.

"Did you just talk with Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah," Smolder responded. "They were surprised at how well I performed tonight."

"Well, they should be," Aaron said. "Even though Sofia Carson, who played Pipp Petals in the G5 movie, was talking with the actual Smolder."

"I thought she sounded familiar," Smolder said. "What are the odds? Dang."

"You called?" Dang asked, appearing in the dressing room between the two. Aaron and Smolder then screamed.

"Dude, you have got to stop doing that!" Aaron said.

"Sorry," Dang said. "People just keep saying my name whenever they want to."

"You know, it's getting late," Smolder said. "Let's go home."

"You kids go," Dang said. "I've got some cleaning up to do." Then Aaron and Smolder headed out of the dressing room to meet up with the rest of the Young 6, Marissa, Liam and Garble, and then head on home.

Author's Note:

Well, the play went off without a hitch. Hopefully, things will start to look up from then on. And what did you think that Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson made it into this chapter? Well, see you next time.