• Published 2nd May 2023
  • 1,346 Views, 142 Comments

A Dragon's New Home - Mister E-Nonymous



Aaron and Smolder are back for more. This time, in a new house and they are gonna start at a new school. But the principal of the school wants all his students to focus only on tests and not other things. What will Aaron and Smolder do about it?

  • ...
5
 142
 1,346

Chapter 21: Aaron's Birthday

Chapter 21: Aaron's Birthday


Smolder was getting ready for school in her human form. Just then, there was a knocking on her bedroom door.

"Come in," Smolder said. Marissa then walked in. "Oh, hey, Marissa. What's up?"

"Okay, here's the thing," Marissa said. "It's Aaron's Birthday today."

"It's his birthday?!" Smolder asked. "Well, hopefully he doesn't get too greedy like Spike did on his first Birthday in Ponyville back in Equestria." Then the two of them laughed.

"Well, he was able to keep his cool during Christmas," Marissa said, making Smolder nod.

"Yeah, that's true," Smolder said. She then thought of something and checked her calendar. "Oh, wait a minute. It's also the day, in Equestria, that he was introduced to my friends and the teachers at the School of Friendship back in Equestria."

"Guess it's gonna be a big celebration for everyone," Marissa said. "Might as well get the rest of the gang over here for Aaron's birthday."

"Maybe I should," Smolder said. "Although, if I'm gonna have to go tell my friends, I'm gonna have to go back to Equestria for the day."

"But what should I tell Aaron?" Marissa asked.

"Tell him that something came up back in Equestria," Smolder replied. "I'll be back before Aaron gets home." She then headed for the portal. "You mind calling the Principal and telling her I won't be coming in today?"

"Sure thing, Smolder," Marissa said. "You might want to text your school mates at your current school about the party after school."

"Sure," Smolder said, grabbing her backpack. "Hopefully, I'll have cell phone reception on the other side of the portal now that we have it open 24/7." She then went through the portal and headed to Equestria.


Back in Equestria, the portal to Earth in the Treehouse of Harmony started reacting. The portal opened up and Smolder was launched out of it, sending her across the room.

"Ow," Smolder said. She then got up and started stretching. "Okay, back in Equestria. Time to gather the gang." She then started walking out the Treehouse of Harmony. She then spread her wings and headed for Ponyville. She was a little off balanced. "Whoa-oa-oa! Guess I'm gonna have to do some flight practice during the weekends."

She eventually made it to Ponyville. When she got there, she went over towards Sugarcube Corner. As she arrived there, she saw all five of her friends there, including Gallus.

"I'm telling you, Princess Twilight is hiding something up in her quarters," Gallus said. "I tried asking Spike what's going on in there, but he keeps telling me that it's classified."

"I'm sure that Princess Twilight will tell all the creatures of Equestria about it eventually," Ocellus said. "It's just gonna take time."

"I hope you're right, Ocellus," Gallus said. "And we still have no info on this Catrina whoever she is."

"If this Catrina is as bad as you say she is, or possibly even worse, she could possibly be a total threat to Equestria," Sandbar added. "Like Chrysalis, Tirek, Cozy Glow, Sombra, even that Roktavor guy."

"It's pronounced Ragnarok," Smolder said, sitting with the group.

"Oh, okay," Sandbar said. "Thanks, Smolder." He didn't even realize that Smolder came up with them. In fact, the others didn't either. But then, Sandbar raised an eyebrow. "Wait a minute..." Then they all looked at Smolder.

"Smolder!" the five of them called out.

"What are you doing here?" Gallus asked. "Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"I took today off to tell you all about Aaron's birthday," Smolder said. "Which, ironically, was the same day you all met him under the school, last year, today."

"Whoa," Silverstream said. "That's today?!"

"Wow," Sandbar said. "Time really flies, huh?"

"You know it," Smolder said. Just then, her phone buzzed. She pulled it up and a stylus and started reading a text that was on her phone.

"I can't believe that works here in Equestria," Gallus said.

"With the portal to Aaron's world open, I'm able to get texts or calls here," Smolder said. "Although, Aaron is still wondering how his tech came out fully charged during his stay here."

"Actually, I think it had something to do with the magic here in Equestria that's keeping Aaron's computer and phone fully charged," Ocellus said.

Smolder was checking her text messages, and she saw the texts of her and Aaron's friends from the school texting her. Telling her that they'll all be at the house for Aaron's birthday party.

"Wow," Smolder said. "The whole basketball team, the cheerleaders, our whole class. We're gonna need a lot of food and a large cake." Just then, Pinkie Pie came up from behind her.

"Hey! I can help with making a large cake!" Pinkie said, surprising Smolder and the others.

"Wow," Smolder said. "You nearly surprised me as the janitor at my new school."

"Oh, you mean Dang?" Pinkie asked.

"You know about Dang?" Smolder asked.

"Of course she does," came Dang's voice. Dang appeared right at the door of Sugarcube Corner. Then all of the Young Six screamed. "My old master, Master Ki, had taught her that trick as much as he taught me."

"Yeah, he did," Pinkie Pie said. "But, for the sake of every creature's heart rate, I managed to slow it down, just a nudge. So every creature doesn't get too much of a heart attack."

"So that's why everyone kept screaming when I appeared near them," Dang said. "I almost thought they were screaming at something behind me."

"Okay, so, Pinkie Pie," Smolder said. "Think you can make a big enough cake?"

"You kidding?!" Pinkie asked. "I'll get one started right now! Although, if I'm gonna make a big ol' cake, I might as well do it in your new home on Earth. Mind if I use your oven?"

"I'm gonna have to block the door so Aaron doesn't get in before he gets home," Smolder said. She then started texting Marissa about Pinkie Pie going to bake a huge cake at their house. Marissa then replied back. "Looks like she's gonna have to pick up certain ingredients for a homemade chocolate cake. What do you need for that?"

"Okay, here's what we need," Pinkie said, showing a list of ingredients. Smolder then put her phone on camera mode, took a picture of the list, and sent the image to Marissa. "Wow. That's convenient. Thanks, Smolder. Not bad for a dragon that secretly likes cute and silly stuff." That comment made Smolder's face turn red in embarrassment. "Well, I should head over there. La lala la lala." She was bouncing out of Sugarcube Corner.

"Uhhh..." Smolder said.

"We all knew, Smolder," Sandbar said.

"Wait, you all know?!" Smolder asked angrily. She then looked at Ocellus. "Did you tell them?!"

"No, they figured it out on their own," Ocellus said. "Silverstream and Yona saw you in that dress when the Tree of Harmony summoned us after Sombra broke it apart."

Smolder groaned and put her head on the table. Gallus then said, "When Silverstream and Yona told me about that, and how you were enjoying that tea there, it reminded me of the dress you wore while we were all under the school. So, before we even left for Hawaii, I looked up on Aaron's laptop for a certain episode that involved us being under the school. 'What Lies Beneath' was the name of that episode. As soon as you admitted it to those illusion ponies and to Ocellus, it actually made sense."

"You knew before the Hawaiian trip?!" Smolder asked, very angirly. "Why didn't you say anything?!"

"I'd figure you would burn me right on the spot if I told you then," Gallus said. "Although, it wouldn't be wise to find a griffon carcass in the hotel room."

Smolder then thought about it and said, "Good point."

"So, are you gonna bring us to Aaron's house for the party?" Gallus asked.

"Alright," Smolder said. "We'll go. At least I won't have to worry about hiding the fact that I like tea parties and dressing up from you guys anymore."

"Re-he-heally?" came another voice, surprising the Young 6. Smolder turned around to see Rarity there, giving her a smug look. She also had on her saddlebags. "Well, I assumed you were into that sort of stuff when I found... this!" She pulled something out of her saddlebags. It was the dress that Smolder had been wearing before she left to live in Aaron's world. Smolder's face turned red again.

"Uhhhh..." Smolder said.

"Old, don't worry, young Smolder," Rarity said, placing the dress back in her saddlebags and booping Smolder's nose. "If you want to keep something like that a secret, I might as well honor it."

"Thank you," Smolder said. "Well, I've gotta get back to Earth. C'mon guys." Then the six former students headed towards the door, but Smolder bumped into something. "Oh, excuse me." She then looked who she bumped into. It was Dragon Lord Ember. "Uhhh... Dragon Lord Ember?"

"Smolder?" Ember asked. "What are you doing back here?"

"I was... bringing my old friends to Aaron's world for his birthday," Smolder answered, nervously.

"Really?" Ember asked. "Well, then, I might as well come and see how he's doing."

"Wait, what?!" the Young 6 asked.

"As Dragon Lord, I have made it my duty to check on how all the dragons are doing," Ember said. "Even the ones that aren't in the Dragon Lands."

"Technically, Aaron wasn't always a dragon," Sandbar said. "Before we all met him, he was just a human."

"A human that became a legend by taking down Ragnarok the Reaper," Ember said. "He might not have been born a dragon, but he surely fought like one. Especially when he used his greed induced bigness. How did he manage to keep it in check?"

"I keep forgetting to ask Aaron," Smolder said. "I should do it when we get back to Earth. C'mon." Then she led the rest of the Young 6 and Ember towards the Treehouse of Harmony. Dragon Lord Ember followed them as well. Eventually, they went in and headed for the portal. Next to the portal was a side table with a drawer, containing the medallions that allow any Equestrian creature to pass as humans.

"You're gonna have to put this on, Ember," Smolder said, holding out one of the medallions. "When you tap it, it'll transform you into a human. It's best if you do it while in that world."

"Good to know," Ember said. She then put the medallion on, along with Sandbar, Yona, Gallus and Silverstream. Then they all went through the portal.


Later in the evening, Aaron and Marissa arrived home. Aaron was a little bummed about Smolder not being there for his birthday.

"I still can't believe that Smolder went back to Equestria today," Aaron said. "Especially on my birthday."

"I'm sure that she'll be back," Marissa said. "You and Smolder are in a relationship now. Girlfriends will always want to surprise their boyfriends, most specifically on their birthdays."

Aaron then sighed and said, "I guess we'll see." They got out of the car and headed for the front door. Aaron then walked into the house, and it was pitch dark in there. "Huh. That's odd. Why's it darker than usual?" He then flipped a light switch, turning on the lights. He then got a big ol'...

"SURPRISE!!" came a bunch of voices. Aaron was surprised by a bunch of people there. His school friends, his basketball team, the cheerleaders, his friends from Equestria, and Dragon Lord Ember.

"Wait, what is this?" Aaron asked. "Is this...?"

"A surprise party," Smolder said, walking up to him. "What, you think I wouldn't want to miss out on your birthday? I texted all our friends from school, and invited our friends from Equestria to come here. What I wasn't expecting was Dragon Lord Ember to come."

"Dragon Lord Ember?" Aaron asked.

"That's right," came Ember's voice. They looked towards the voice seeing Ember coming up to Aaron. "Although I expected you to be in your dragon form."

"You mean this?" Aaron asked, before he transformed into his dragon form. Everyone then cheered for Aaron.

"Now that's how I know you," Ember said. "The legendary jade dragon, defeater of Ragnarok the Reaper, and bringer of peace between two worlds." She then brought out the Bloodstone Scepter. "You, Aaron Blazer, receive the highest honor in all dragon kind. It'll take probably a few decades, but I believe... you will be the next dragon lord."

"WHAT?!" Aaron and the Young 6 asked.

"Dragon Lord Ember," Aaron said, bowing. "With all due respect, I'm not sure that I can handle being Dragon Lord. Besides, I'm better off in a world where my family is."

"You're going to..." Ember nearly shouted. But then she took a breath. "You're right. Guess I forgot about your family. They are your family and need you here after all." She then looked at Smolder. "And of course, Smolder here can choose whether to stay here or come back to the Dragon Lands. Okay, the next Dragon Lord shall not be you. I can respect that."

"Thank you," Aaron said. "So, how about we get this party started." Everyone cheered after he said that. Everyone there was having a good time. Aaron opened up presents given to him by his friends, playing in the pool, heated of course, and playing some party games. They then ended it with some birthday cake. Marissa was trying to light the candles, but the lighter wasn't lighting.

"C'mon, c'mon," Marissa said. "This isn't working. Anyone got something to light these candles?"

"I got it," Smolder said. She then held out her arms. "Stand back everyone." Then everyone got out of the line of fire. Literally. Smolder blew her flames and lit the birthday candles.

"Thanks, Smolder," Marissa said. "Alright, Aaron. Blow out the candles." Aaron then looked down at himself, seeing he was in dragon form. He then changed back into his human form. He then blew out the candles.

Ember leaned down towards Paul and asked, "Why did he blow out the candles in human form?"

"If he blew out the candles as a dragon, he would have melted the candles and ruined the cake," Paul answered. Ember then thought about it, and then nodded in agreement.


Back in Equestria, Twilight was looking up in the forbidden section of the Canterlot Archives for any information about Catrina. It was taking a lot of searching.

"C'mon..." Twilight said. "There's gotta be something." She then found a chest with a cat paw on it. "No, it couldn't be that simple." She then opened the chest and saw a bunch of stuff containing information. "Jackpot!" She then read the book.

"Catrina, the most wicked witch in all of Equestria. She enslaved ponies and tried absorbing their magic. Legend has it she almost succeeded in taking the magic of Princess Celestia, but all that changed when the Princess was ready for her. Somehow, she found a way to trap Catrina, surrounded by her greatest weakness which was... The name of the weakness was smudged, so Twilight couldn't find out what it was. "After Catrina was trapped, Celestia knew that Catrina had to be banished to another dimension, one where there's no magic at all. If Catrina found Equestrian Magic in the world she is now trapped in, she'll get it. And once she has enough, she'll one day return to Equestria and steal all the magic for herself again. That is something that should never happen."

"Uh oh," Twilight said. "That's not good." She then teleported out of there, and into her quarters. She then sighed. "Sorry, Aaron. For the safety of Equestria... you and Smolder must stay here in Equestria... permanently." She then heard the sound of a baby crying. She looked towards the crib and saw baby Nyx, struggling in her sleep. Twilight walked up to the crib, and grabbed Nyx in her magic, pulling the baby in for a hug. "It's okay, Nyx. It's okay. I won't let anything bad happen to you. I promise."

Author's Note:

VOTING TIME!!

Okay, well that's not good. Twilight is trying to keep Aaron and Smolder in Equestria for their own protection. But we both know that won't keep them from getting back to Earth. Eventually, they're gonna have to face Catrina when she comes. Basically, they're gonna go back to Earth, and back to Hawaii to face her. Eventually, they're gonna take down Catrina with her one weakness. What do you want Catrina's weakness to be?

Option 1:

Water

Option 2:

Fire

Option 3:

Power Source Destroyed

The choice with the highest votes will be used in a future chapter. I expect a lot of votes, because this will be the last voting in the story. Thanks for reading my story.