• Published 2nd May 2023
  • 1,346 Views, 142 Comments

A Dragon's New Home - Mister E-Nonymous



Aaron and Smolder are back for more. This time, in a new house and they are gonna start at a new school. But the principal of the school wants all his students to focus only on tests and not other things. What will Aaron and Smolder do about it?

  • ...
5
 142
 1,346

Chapter 18: Riding the Hawaiian Waves

Chapter 18: Riding the Hawaiian Waves


At the beach, the Blazer family, Smolder, Gallus and Liam were there, enjoying the sun. Aaron, Smolder and Gallus were in human form, in their swimsuits. Smolder then noticed some people surfing. She then smiled.

"Hey, Aaron, Gallus, you two wanna try surfing?" Smolder asked.

"I've never been surfing before," Aaron said.

"Ditto," Gallus said. "We don't exactly have any beaches in Griffonstone."

"Well then, I'll teach you two how to surf," Smolder said.

"Wait, dragons surf where you come from?" Reggie asked.

"Mostly on lava," Smolder said.

"I don't think it's gonna be the same as surfing on water, Smolder," Aaron said. "The waves kinda make it hard to keep balance."

"It'll be fine," Smolder said. "Now, let's go get some surfboards and head out on the waves."

Smolder then got out of her seat and headed off somewhere. Aaron and Gallus followed.


While the three of them were on the surfboards, Smolder was trying to stand up, but she kept rocking side to side and eventually falling off.

"Whoa-oa-oa! Waaa!" Smolder said, falling off the board. Aaron and Gallus were just sitting on their boards. Smolder eventually pulled her head out of the water.

"You okay?" Aaron asked.

"I don't get it," Smolder said. "I'm a great surfer in the Dragon Lands."

"That was on lava, and this is water," Aaron said. "You need to get used to this, Smolder. We're not in Equestria."

"Right," Smolder said, getting back onto her board. "So, how do we do this?"

"Maybe we should get some surfing lessons," Gallus said. "Perhaps those people will teach us how to surf as humans."

"I'm actually with Gallus on that," Aaron said. "C'mon, let's head on over back to shore." Then they started paddling towards shore, heading towards where teenagers were going to learn how to surf.


Aaron, Smolder and Gallus were with the rest of the teenagers learning how to surf. Smolder was still having a hard time keeping her balance, but it was hard on the rolling waves.

"Easy, girl," said the surf teacher. "You don't wanna stand up too early. The time to stand up is when the wave comes and pushes you towards shore."

"I'm not gonna give up," Smolder said. She then tried getting up, but she was losing balance. But then, she felt stable. "Huh. That's weird."

"Whoa, you've got balance," the surf teacher said. "Not bad. Alright, how about we get to riding the waves."

"Sweet," Smolder said. "C'mon, boys." Aaron and Gallus watched Smolder paddle herself towards the ocean. Aaron then saw something under Smolder's surfboard. Something that was a light shade of pink with blue and white at the end.

Aaron then thought about it and said, "Nah. It couldn't be."

"Couldn't be what?" Gallus asked.

"Never mind," Aaron said. "Let's get surfing." Then they followed Smolder towards the waves.

"Kinda feels like this would be the start of a song playing," Gallus said. "Like that one song from that alien in this kind of area. What was the name of that movie?"

"Lilo and Stitch?" Aaron asked. "Actually, that movie was actually supposed to be here in Hawaii, but not on this island."

"Okay," Gallus said. "I was almost thinking, that one song that was playing during that surfing scene. But the other version that's in one of its sequels." Then music started playing.

"Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride by Jump5?" Aaron asked. "That was quite a peppy song."

"Yeah," Gallus said. "Alright, let's get surfing." Then they started paddling out towards the sea as the music was kicking in.

Aaron, Smolder and Gallus, along with the rest of the teens who were learning how to surf, were having a fun time with surfing. The rest of the Blazer Family and Liam were watching as Aaron, Smolder and Gallus were riding the waves. Of course Smolder was a little off balanced as she was surfing. But she's been getting balance as she continued.

Aaron was surfing nice and slow. Gallus tried going faster than him, but it was a mistake, making him lose his balance and wipe out. Aaron laughed at that.

All the teenagers surfed until sunset as the music faded. Aaron, Smolder and Gallus looked out on the horizon, seeing the sun set.

"Wow," Smolder said. "This sunset is amazing. I never thought anything looked so amazing over the horizon on the ocean."

"Yeah, this was amazing," Aaron said. "Seeing the sun set over the ocean is more amazing than seeing it go past some buildings."

"You should see the sunsets in Griffonstone," Gallus said. "Sure, there's no ocean, but it's still pretty amazing."

"Alright, you three," came Marissa's voice. Aaron, Smolder and Gallus looked towards the beach, seeing the Blazer Family and Liam packing up their stuff. "It's time to get back inside. We've got to prepare dinner back at the hotel."

"Alright," Aaron said. Then they started paddling themselves towards shore. Aaron then looked back and saw two colorful blobs under the water, swimming away from under them. He then quietly whispered, "No way..."

"Did you say something?" Gallus asked.

"Never mind that," Aaron said. "C'mon. Let's keep going." They continued to shore. As they reached shore, from the water, two heads came from the water, looking towards the group.

"You think they saw us?" Silverstream asked.

"No way," Ocellus said. "Like they'd ever see us. We're stealthy, remember?"

"Right," Silverstream said. "We're stealthy. We weren't seen. We weren't..." Then something caught her eyes. "Is that human dancing with poles with fire at the end?!" Ocellus then covered Silverstream's mouth and pulled her under the water.


Later, Aaron, Smolder and Gallus returned to the beach, around the lagoon area of the resort. Aaron was looking around at the sea, searching for something.

"I'm telling you, I saw something out there," Aaron said.

"C'mon, Aaron," Smolder said. "It's getting late. We should return to the hotel room before your family gets worried."

"Smolder's right," Gallus said. "We should get back up there." Aaron's phone then started buzzing. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and read the text.

"That's odd," Aaron said.

"What is it?" Smolder asked.

"Marissa says that the three of us have some unexpected guests," Aaron said.

"Who would be here to see the three of us?" Smolder asked.

Aaron, Smolder and Gallus headed towards the hotel room they were staying in. They eventually made it to the floor where their hotel room was.

"Who could be wanting to see us?" Aaron asked.

"Perhaps some school mates from Orlando," Smolder said.

"That I can understand, but Gallus, too?" Aaron asked. "The only one at school who knows about Gallus staying with us is Paul."

"Yeah, he's got a point," Gallus said. "I guess we'll see who it is." Eventually, they went into the hotel room and inside they saw the family waiting on the couch.

"So, what's going on?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah, where are the guests we have?" Smolder asked.

"One of them is on the couch there," came Marissa's voice from the kitchen. Aaron, Smolder and Gallus looked towards Marissa in the kitchen. But then they looked back towards the couch, where they saw Marissa sitting with the rest of the family. Then back to the kitchen, and back to the couch.

"What the heck?" Gallus asked.

"Wait a minute," Smolder said. "Ocellus?"

The Marissa that was sitting on the couch then changed, revealing Ocellus sitting with the family. She then said, "That was your aunt's idea, Aaron."

"What are you doing here, Ocellus?" Aaron asked.

"Oh, I'm not here alone," Ocellus said. Just then, a pair of human hands covered Gallus's eyes from behind him.

"What the...?!" Gallus nearly shouted.

"Guess who?!" came Silverstream's voice.

"S-Silverstream?" Gallus asked.

"Hi, Gallus!" Silverstream coming from behind Aaron, Smolder and Gallus. She then tapped her necklace, turning into a mermaid. "Whoops. Wrong one." She then tapped her seashell and transformed back into a human, and then tapped the medallion and transformed into her hippogriff form. "There. That's better."

"Wait a minute," Aaron said. "When we were surfing today, I saw something pink, blue and white underneath Smolder's surfboard. Was that you?"

"And Ocellus," Silverstream said. "We saw that Smolder was having trouble keeping balance on that surfboard, so we helped her out."

"That was you?!" Smolder asked. "So I can't really surf on top of the water."

"Actually, you were starting to do fine on the 10th try," Ocellus said. "So everything beyond that, that was all you."

"Wow," Smolder said. "Okay, so what are you two doing here?"

"Well, I wanted to learn more about this Christmas time you were talking about," Ocellus said. "So, where else to learn than this world. And Silverstream already finished the Three Days of Freedom Celebration, so we decided to come to this world together."

"Yeah," Silverstream said. "It all started at the School of Friendship."

Author's Note:

Well, it looks like Silverstream and Ocellus have some explaining to do. We'll get to it in the next chapter. See you then.